Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 02:00   #10636
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I felt the Diesel has lag and sudden surge and petrol was smooth and gradual. May be because I'm used to my i10 petrol?
I agree - I think its quite likelythat your experience with the naturally aspirated petrol in your i10 makes you find the 1.5 petrol very similar.

And honestly, don't get too hung up on other people's opinions. Many people tolerate the turbo lag so that they get the excitement of the turbo surge. If that's not your driving style, and if you prefer the linear nature of the 1.5 petrol, then keep that as your preference. At the end of the day, its your bottom in the driver's seat! And bear in mind that you're actually getting the 1.5 petrol at a "discount" - the 1.5 petrol does not get any excise duty benefits but is still priced cheaper than the EcoBoost and the diesel (both of which have tax benefits).

You're happy with the petrol, so try and get a test drive for the diesel from another dealer, hopefully that is better maintained so you will be able to form a more informed opinion.

I also noticed that a4anurag's friend (see a few posts above) has the 1.5 petrol (since its a Trend, its a manual). You could PM Anurag to get his friend's opinion of the petrol's behaviour, from an owner's point of view.

EDIT: Btw, I thought you were drifting towards the Creta, what has made you look at the EcoSport again? The Creta also has a very competent petrol engine.

Last edited by arunphilip : 11th September 2016 at 02:02.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 11:23   #10637
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I just read the review and also the reviews of the Diesel engine owners here. Wow. I feel exactly the opposite. I felt the Diesel has lag and sudden surge and petrol was smooth and gradual. May be because I'm used to my i10 petrol? Need to ask around for someone to test drive a non test drive petrol and diesel side by side. Still confused.
Hi,

I took a test drive of both Petrol and Diesel from 2 different dealers, before deciding on Petrol. Its been roughly 3.5 months since I took delivery and have done approximately 3100 kms in it. My usage is mostly city driving.

Apart from the fact that my usgae is low, I did not like turbo lag in diesel.

I'm pretty happy with my choice, except the fact that the engine lacks power delivery on low rpm. For e.g.If the rpm drops below 1500 on 2nd gear, the engine will not pull and I end up applying more acceleration, or use half clutch. For a few seconds, there's no change and vroom suddenly there's a huge amount of power once the rpm hits 1800/2000. That makes it a problem if you want to do a quick overtake. Same with trying to go over speed breakers on 2nd gear. I either need to downshift to 1, or just let the suspension bear the brunt.

Would I recommend the Petrol over Diesel. Yes. Definitely. But to each their own.

All the best with the decision!
kumar_gautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 11:57   #10638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
EDIT: Btw, I thought you were drifting towards the Creta, what has made you look at the EcoSport again? The Creta also has a very competent petrol engine.
I was, but I got confused by the ex-showroom prices my friends told me about. The On-road high end variants of Petrol and Diesel almost cost 3-4 lakhs more than their counterparts in Ecosport (which is kind of a big deal for me) I also don't like the fact that a lot of important features are missing between the top two variants on the Creta.

Even with all the extra modifications I can do on the Ecosport, I would still save money. Also, I feel the Ecosport stood the test of time so it may be a more reliable car than the newer Creta or Brezza. Still thinking.... because I would want to own a car that I don't need to change for another 7-8 years.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 02:03   #10639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
It was a pleasure talking to you
Let's us know how the 3.2 inch projectors are performing?
It was great talking to you as well.

The Genome 3.2 inch, projectors with 5000k HID are great for the money spent. Certainly has improved the lights department.

No wire cutting as such and everything was socket to socket. However, since its not a complete headlight unit replacement, they had to:
1) Remove the stock bulbs
2) Cut open the OEM headlights (its a sealed unit during manufacturing)
3) Plug in the projectors
4) Reseal with M-seal.
5) Plug in the HID into the projectors (holders)

The installer was very professional and knowledgeable.

My Ecosport already comes with DRL (non LED within fog lamp assembly) and signature light (within headlamp units - for parking lights). If I drive with parking lights on, then I get the Angel eyes (is bright) and signature lamps (not very bright during day time) acting as DRLs

Is it recommended to drive with the parking lights on?

Note: I know my headlight warranty is out, but electrical warranty shouldn't be impacted. Please let me know other wise?

Few pictures below (from mobile, excuse the poor quality) - i'm yet to learn on how to post pictures in team bhp site along with comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-3.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg  

Last edited by Eyas337 : 13th September 2016 at 02:10. Reason: Posted additional query
Eyas337 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 02:11   #10640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
The Genome 3.2 inch, projectors with 5000k HID are great for the money spent. Certainly has improved the lights department.
Wow, it looks amazing . Especially with the contrast of the bright Mars Red colour and those lovely black grilles. Did you replace the chrome grilles on your T+ with the black ones, or have you wrapped them in black?

Quote:
Is it recommended to drive with the parking lights on?
I don't see a problem with this. Do the lights turn off when the engine is stopped (say at a signal)? If they turn off, then there shouldn't be any problem at all. Any idea about the wattage of the angel eyes?

Quote:
I know my headlight warranty is out, but electrical warranty shouldn't be impacted. Please let me know other wise?
Good there was no wire cutting involved. Electrical warranty should be unaffected, provided the wattage of the projectors + angel eyes is less than the 55/60W bulbs they replaced. This will prove that you've not increased the load. Even then, warranty coverage really depends on your relationship and approach to Ford A.S.S. - since its the SA who is a key person in determining whether something is classified as a replacement under warranty or not.

Quote:
i'm yet to learn on how to post pictures in team bhp site along with comments.
Look at this post which specifically illustrates how to insert images inline in a post along with text/commentary.

Last edited by arunphilip : 13th September 2016 at 02:20. Reason: Info on image insertion
Old 13th September 2016, 02:26   #10641
BHPian

Quote:
Did you replace the chrome grilles on your T+ with the black ones, or have you wrapped them in black?

I don't see a problem with this. Do the lights turn off when the engine is stopped (say at a signal)? If they turn off, then there shouldn't be any problem at all. Any idea about the wattage of the angel eyes?
Thanks Arun.

I got a black edition Tit+, so its factory fitted from Ford (black grill+Fog lamps blackened+smoked headlights+black alloys+roof bars etc).

When I unlock the car, then parking lights come on (angel eyes + signature lamps).

When Engine is stopped - if you mean, car is stopped at a signal but engine running - then if the parking lights are on, the angel eye and signature lamps will remain on, else it will just be the DRL (within the fog lamp assembly) if parking lights are off.

HID as such is 55/60 watts and angel eyes (similar to signature lamp LED strip) use very minimal power (something like 5 amps per installer) - will check and get back.

Last edited by Eyas337 : 13th September 2016 at 02:32. Reason: Removed the query which was already answered
Eyas337 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 07:49   #10642
BHPian

Quote:

No wire cutting as such and everything was socket to socket. However, since its not a complete headlight unit replacement, they had to:
1) Remove the stock bulbs
2) Cut open the OEM headlights (its a sealed unit during manufacturing)
3) Plug in the projectors
4) Reseal with M-seal.
5) Plug in the HID into the projectors (holders)

The installer was very professional and knowledgeable.
They look really nice!! Why hasn't Ford made these standard already? There are ready made headlamp kits available between 25K - 35K that are just plug and play with the advantage of still having the OEM headlamp assembly with us to plug in whenever needed. Was it worth it to customize the OEM headlamp assembly cost wise?
Old 13th September 2016, 11:46   #10643
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun.

I got a black edition Tit+, so its factory fitted from Ford (black grill+Fog lamps blackened+smoked headlights+black alloys+roof bars etc).

When I unlock the car, then parking lights come on (angel eyes + signature lamps)
The black edition looks marvelous in this shade. Please post proper day light pictures and pen down your ownership review if possible. The headlight upgrade has added a wicked touch to the looks. Since this is plug and play (no wires cut) you shouldn't face any problems in electrical warranty except the headlight unit. Does the headlight leveller works with this setup?
Old 14th September 2016, 00:20   #10644
BHPian

Quote:
Why hasn't Ford made these standard already? There are ready made headlamp kits available between 25K - 35K that are just plug and play with the advantage of still having the OEM headlamp assembly with us to plug in whenever needed. Was it worth it to customize the OEM headlamp assembly cost wise?
Wish Ford had projectors with HID as factory fit.
The headlamp units along with projectors + DRLs were around 30k as you mentioned. However, they wouldn't with HIDs and you will again need to spend about 10K to get a decent pair. So it would have costed around 35-40k to get them installed the way you are mentioning. This option costed me 20k along with projectors + HID.

Also mine was a black edition, didn't want to get the factory headlight units out as they were smoked (blackened one).

To add on this - the headlight leveller's wont work, if the headlight unit is completely changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Please post proper day light pictures and pen down your ownership review if possible.

Does the headlight leveller works with this setup?
Surely will set sometime aside during a weekend and come up with an ownership report. Currently super crazy busy @ work.

Yes - the leveller's do work as earlier with this setup.
Old 14th September 2016, 01:11   #10645
BHPian

Quote:
Did you replace the chrome grilles on your T+ with the black ones, or have you wrapped them in black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The black edition looks marvelous in this shade. Please post proper day light pictures
Looks exactly like below -
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...s/blackedition
Old 15th September 2016, 14:27   #10646
BHPian

Quote:
Since yours is a Titanium, were there any messages shown on the Sync screen? When you left work, did the light come on again?

Common messages associated with the engine check light are listed below - these are what appear on the Sync screen.
I have got this message on the sync screen:
Quote:
Engine oil change due service required
I have a warning lite ON:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-warning-light.jpg

The car was serviced a few weeks ago when ODO was 29XXX and now the reading is 30XXX.

Is this a case of service indicator not being reset in the previous service? Or could it be something else.

What is the suggested course of action. Does this look like something that is urgent?

BTW, I went to Ford India to register as an owner. I could not create my account there as some of the most basic form validations were throwing errors (name, user name etc.) It was a shock that with a multi million dollar campaign to improve the image and transparency, ford cannot get it's website working.

Last edited by srvshaun : 15th September 2016 at 14:54. Reason: Fixing the attachment as per image upload guidelines :)
srvshaun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 15:08   #10647
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
Here is the cut-off line for the low beam projectors. It is adjustable.
Attachment 1246378
I'm very sorry to dig up this old post. My friend and I were looking at such a headlight assembly for his car too (hopefully my future Ecosport too). When you say adjustable, do you mean the headlight leveller works? Because the seller mentioned that it doesn't.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:12   #10648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post

Attachment 1554469

The car was serviced a few weeks ago when ODO was 29XXX and now the reading is 30XXX.

Is this a case of service indicator not being reset in the previous service? Or could it be something else.

What is the suggested course of action. Does this look like something that is urgent?

BTW, I went to Ford India to register as an owner. I could not create my account there as some of the most basic form validations were throwing errors (name, user name etc.) It was a shock that with a multi million dollar campaign to improve the image and transparency, ford cannot get it's website working.
Same here except that mine had gone in for the 40k km service and at 47k kms, this light came on. And now after about 100kms, the engine oil replacement message is flashing. I really wonder if the ford guys change the engine oil as they should during the service!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 16:23   #10649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Engine oil change due service required
You're right - given the mileage where the service indicator turned on, it is due to it not being reset. A quick trip to Ford should help you in getting it reset (just a few minutes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Same here except that mine had gone in for the 40k km service and at 47k kms, this light came on. And now after about 100kms, the engine oil replacement message is flashing.
The service reminder is mileage based, I have not heard it is based on engine oil quality (there are other cars that do have an optical sensor to check the transparency of oil). Given its flashing, and given it came on at 47k, could you please get it checked? This sounds a bit more serious. Also, check the oil level with the dipstick.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 16:41   #10650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Same here except that mine had gone in for the 40k km service and at 47k kms, this light came on. And now after about 100kms, the engine oil replacement message is flashing. I really wonder if the ford guys change the engine oil as they should during the service!
Quote:

This is the first I'm reading of it; I wasn't aware the EcoSport came with a engine oil health/replacement warning.

Sure it is for engine oil replacement and nothing else?

Quote:
BTW, I went to Ford India to register as an owner. I could not create my account there as some of the most basic form validations were throwing errors (name, user name etc.) It was a shock that with a multi million dollar campaign to improve the image and transparency, ford cannot get it's website working
What browser are you using? There are some aspects of the website that work best only on I.E.; not any browser on Mac or even Edge on Windows.

I had no issue signing up while using IE.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks