Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 17:14   #10786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I've been looking forward to switch to Synthetic Oil however the FORD ASS (Harpreet Ford, Delhi) refuses to do so, citing that this will void warranty. How true is his statement ?
Its rubbish, to put it politely

As long as you've used oil that meets the specification defined by Ford in the owner's manual, Ford have no grounds to refuse warranty. And, there are both semi-synthetic (e.g. what Ford service uses is a Castrol Magnatec semi-synth) and fully-synthetic (e.g. Shell Helix Ultra and Mobil 1) engine oils that meet Ford's spec.

The SA will grumble and make threats, but if push comes to shove, he really has no standing.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 19:31   #10787
Team-BHP Support

Couple of observations:

- Have you noticed if the clock on the car is losing time?

Since I got the car in late June, I noticed that the time on my phone and the one displayed by the car was off by some minutes so a month or so back, I changed the one on the car to match my phone (which is maintained by the operator).

I now notice that the car is slow by two minutes already. Considering the difference in seconds while setting the time, the time is still off by a minute.

I haven't really noticed this on other cars that display time so I'm just curious. Not that it changes the world, I just want to be sure, there's not a larger problem behind this.

- Door auto-lock scenarios:

Scenario 1: I'm driving and cross 20 km/hr which auto-locks the doors. Then I stop, push the gear to P or N and open the door. When I slot into D and drive, the doors auto-lock on crossing 20 km/hr

Scenario: I'm driving and cross 20 km/hr which auto-locks the doors. Then I stop, but remain on D, and open the door. When I start driving again, the doors don't auto-lock on crossing 20 km/hr

I understand that the car can't keep checking if the doors are locked or not each time I cross 20 km/hr from stand-still, but wish it did :P

Last edited by libranof1987 : 19th October 2016 at 19:33.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:20   #10788
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford sells spares over the counters, a complete list of such part dealers is here: http://www.india.ford.com/about/corporate/ford-parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Any one has experience with Shell Helix? Is it worth getting the oil change at Shell pumps?
Nilesh - you can get the oil filter/gasket from these chaps. If you wish, you can even check which oil they stock, and get it from them to change your oil in any FNG:
Quote:
Pune
Auto Ji Ford Parts
17/8, D1 Block
MIDC Chinchwad
Pune - 411019
Tel: +91 020 65606144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
They don't have this (fiber cover for TDCi engine) in stock and neither have a clue on this.
Eyas - You can check with them to see if they have the TDCi engine cover in stock, or can source it for you:
Quote:
Hyderabad
JP Auto Zone
15-4-238/239, AP House,
Gowliguda Chaman,
Hyderabad - 500012
Tel: 040 24732002
bmarwah@mega.co.in
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have you noticed if the clock on the car is losing time? ... my phone (which is maintained by the operator).
I've noticed this too, its off by about 2-3 minutes from the time I reset it after my last service a year ago. I've not given it much thought, because I've just assumed that all clocks lose time due to crystal variations, and my points of reference (phones/computers) all synchronize time over the internet or network.

Quote:
- Door auto-lock scenarios:
Scenario 1: When I slot into D and drive, the doors auto-lock on crossing 20 km/hr

Scenario 2: but remain on D, and open the door. When I start driving again, the doors don't auto-lock on crossing 20 km/hr
This is interesting, because I do recall reading about slightly differing autolock behaviour in the newer Aspire/Figo when compared to the EcoSport. Digging into the respective manuals, I see there is a difference of wording:
Name:  EcoSport vs Aspire Autolock.gif
Views: 3825
Size:  24.0 KB

Now, I could be reading too much into this, but it does appear like the Aspire has the correct behaviour and does not look for the "you shift into any gear putting the vehicle in motion" criterion when relocking, whereas the EcoSport does. In your second scenario, there are no gear changes made, so this is not fulfilled in the EcoSport, whereas the Figo/Aspire don't seem to care whether you were in gear or P/N.

If you're curious, you can put this question to someone with an automatic on the Aspire or Figo thread to see how it behaves for them. Given the automatic Figo/Aspire have an identical powertrain it'll be nice to know if Ford modified the body control module (BCM) to reflect this revised behaviour. I don't think its something that can be changed or corrected in the EcoSport AT, but its nice to know these little quirks!

Quote:
Is the behavior same on your car? Just curious how the manual behaves. Wonder why there should be any actually.
To be honest, I've not paid too much attention to how it behaves in my car . I tend to just manually lock/unlock the car using the center console button. Let me check it tomorrow.

Last edited by arunphilip : 19th October 2016 at 20:49.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 20:43   #10789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Now, I could be reading too much into this, but it does appear like the Aspire has the correct behaviour and does not look for the "you shift into any gear putting the vehicle in motion" criterion when relocking, whereas the EcoSport does. In your second scenario, there are no gear changes made, so this is not fulfilled in the EcoSport, whereas the Figo/Aspire don't seem to care whether you were in gear or P/N.

If you're curious, you can put this question to someone with an automatic on the Aspire or Figo thread to see how it behaves for them. Given the automatic Figo/Aspire have an identical powertrain it'll be nice to know if Ford modified the body control module (BCM) to reflect this revised behaviour. I don't think its something that can be changed or corrected in the EcoSport AT, but its nice to know these little quirks!
Interesting!

I'll check with the SA on this; and if we can modify the behavior.

Is the behavior same on your car? Just curious how the manual behaves. Wonder why there should be any actually.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 08:12   #10790
BHPian

Hi Guys! The OEM spare tyre cover apparently costs almost 13K now !! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the build quality or any major color gradient difference in the below product to the color of the car? This looks like a great deal because for 6K, you get 2 pieces!!

http://www.industrybuying.com/exteri...63/?q=ecosport
Old 20th October 2016, 11:34   #10791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Hi Guys! The OEM spare tyre cover apparently costs almost 13K now !! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the build quality or any major color gradient difference in the below product to the color of the car? This looks like a great deal because for 6K, you get 2 pieces!!

I'm yet to see a good after market spare wheel cover. They all look better than OEM ones in pictures but you can make out the difference when you physically handle them. Aren't so tough, gets scratched easily damaging the color and overall fit and finish is an issue.

Having said that, i have lived with such an after market cover for close to 3yrs before it became too risky for motorists behind me and i had it removed. So if you can live with it, there is no reason to pay Ford ridiculous amount of money.

Only suggestion is that you can get tons of options in accessory stores that you can check out. Why then buy on the internet?
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:25   #10792
BHPian

Quote:

My 2 cents: the aftermarket covers tend to be made of plastic or low grade fiberglass and the difference in quality becomes evident in the finishing (slightly rougher) and paint shade & reflectivity. Also, the back portion of a few covers tend to fit snug against the rear door and scratch it as time goes by (the OEM cover has a small gap between the rear door and rear cover portion.) Also, the locking clips will be usually made of iron instead of stainless steel and will rust in a few weeks.

I'd suggest you inquire about accessory pack offers with the dealer. Sometime back, they were selling the rear cover + side running board + front 2 steel scuff plates for 21K.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:53   #10793

Hi,
I have some queries on warranty and the areas covered under the same.

To give a brief history:
I own a 2013 Ecosport tdci titanium+ under warranty.

I stay in Mumbai and have tried atleast 3 different Ford ASCs so far during my periodical services so far. Sadly none of them have been upto expectations compared to the way your cars are taken care of in Bangalore and down south of India. I mention this in terms of space / quality of work / transparency and honesty of SAs.

As much as being excited and happy on owning a great product from Ford, the lack of quality in after sales service is really frustrating.

One of the major problems that I faced was with water leakage into the front passenger floor from under the glove box during the Mumbai monsoons.
Heres the link to the post where I had mentioned the entire scenario that followed.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4009039

So after 2 consecutive years of the same problem finally my 3rd SC after lots of escalations and repeated phone calls finally managed to plug the leak issue. Got to test this in some of the heaviest rains that Mumbai saw this monsoon in the following weeks. And I was happy this time that the passenger floor was completely dry. Even the area under the wiper cowl inside the bonnet looked much less wet comparatively. I am still not sure if this area is still supposed to get wet while driving in the rains. But this time it dint bother me much as water did not seep inside anymore and the desired results have been achieved.

In the meantime, while my car was getting delivered to me after 3 days of being at the SC for sorting the above issue, and while I was checking all around the car before taking the delivery, I figured out that the tailgate open button now refuses to work. Whenever I press the button, there is a noise of some motor moving inside without pushing the door open. The SA seemed clueless and I really lost it over there.
He appointed two experts from the inside to look into it. After fiddling with the tailgate lock for half an hour they decided they will change the whole lock now. Lock system changed- Tail gate back into action. No questions asked, No records, no charges. ( this really raised serious doubts in me, My car has been with the SC for 3 days and my tail gate was smooth and working absolutely normal while handing over the car to the SC)

The next problem that I faced following this was with the airbags. Soon after I got the car back from The SC, the airbag light indicator refuses to go off. Called up the SC again, gave them a piece of my mind and soon I had someone at my doorstep to pick up my car. They returned it the same day saying the problem has been sorted and it looked so. Some wiring-connector issue while removing the carpet and plugging the leak, it seems.
I faced the airbag light indicator issue once again after a week of driving around again.
This time again I had to give a piece of my mind to Ford customer service. I tried insisting on getting the problem checked at a new SC as my SC has only been adding on to my problems so far one after the other.
But Ford was adamant that the same SSC should only look into it and sort out the problem created by them. I agreed and this time my SC managed to sort out the airbag light issue.

It would be really great if someone could explain what could have gone wrong here and whether I should trust the SC with whatever they have done with the airbag connectors. As I am worried whether this will lead to any malfunction in airbags getting deployed when necessary. I hope the indicator light which comes on when you turn on the ignition and goes off in the next few seconds is not a dummy anymore. Any way to check and reconfirm on this?

Now on the warranty part.
The SC tried their best to convince me that the water leakage issue might not be covered under warranty in the beginning. I had to have a 5 minute argument with the SA to make him understand that my car is accident and modification free and there is no reason for water to seep inside due to my fault. Hence whatever damage has been caused due to this has to be covered under warranty by ford. Its only after a day that he could confirm with me after checking with ford that he will cover the entire expense under warranty.

Is there anyway to check in detail on the areas covered under warranty?
For example, during my visit to my 2nd SC for my regular service earlier, The SA mentioned that my rear tailgate LED brake light strip is not working and he will change it under warranty. Unfortunately he dint have a replacement in stock and hence had to postpone it. ( later came to know that this SC has become extinct in Mumbai). Now when I checked with my last SC who did all the above mentioned water leakage episode for me, on the tail LED lights, he plainly refused saying it will not be covered under warranty. I could not argue with him much at that time as my priority was getting the water leakage sorted at that time.

I am almost ready for my 30000km service now. I have zeroed in on the 4th and last option of SC for me in Mumbai for the same.
Before visiting them, It will be really great if someone could throw in some light onto my below queries.

1) Rear Tail gate led strip brake light not working- can this be covered under warranty as my earlier SA advised?

2) I have long crack that formed on its own on the leather on the driver armrest which is expanding slowly to a big ugly tear. So much for the premium we pay for titanium+ version with “leather seats”.. Can this be replaced under warranty? I called up the SC in advance to get this part ordered anyways before I take it for service. He ordered the same and told me it will cost me approximately 6k for the armrest.

3) A similar kind of crack at early stage forming on the elbow leather pad on the driver door. Again my question is whether this is common on supposedly premium leather parts? Can this be replaced under warranty?

4) After replacing the rear tailgate motor as mentioned above, the SC guy broke one of the pins of the grey plastic cover while attaching it back to the inside of the tail gate. He then fixed the pin back with quick fix and managed to snap the cover back on. Its been almost 3 months now since the episode, but now that part in my tailgate rattles violently on any kind of road surface and makes that ugly irritating rattle noise.
How do I go about this situation? If the only solution to avoid the rattle is to replace the inner plastic cover, will ford take responsibility of the expenses as the damage was caused by their ASC?

5) My ride has become quite stiff during the recent days, thanks to some long weekend drives in and around Maharashtra highways. How do I check if everything is normal with my suspensions? I have read many times here of bhpians getting their suspension coils etc replaced under warranty. How do I check and go about this with the SC?

It would be great if someone could highlight what are the other areas that generally should be under our attention regarding warranty cases so that the SC doesn’t take us all for a ride till the period is over.
I wish the SCs showed as much interest in warranty issues claims as much as they show in any kind body shop /insurance work !! That’s the only thing they push you for diligently.

And my last honest question to sum up – Like I have mentioned multiple times earlier, I have noticed and also read about the ecosport front passenger floor water leakage in many SCs and forums. Similarly we all know how poor the stock headlamps are on ecosport.
Though we all appreciate Ford recalling our ecosports for stuff like “Fuel and brake line bundle clip replacement” (cant remember anyone in the history of ecosport ownerships mentioning any problems due to these fuel brake line bundle clips) or some “rear beam nut” or whatever, When will Ford start calling and addressing such common issues faced by many of us on a real time scenarios? How much will it cost for Ford in a simple upgrade of light bulbs in atleast their current production?

End of the day, never enjoyed driving around a machine like this ever !!! If Ford improves their after sales service and retains customer satisfaction, theres no looking back for the company in India.
ravishankar999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 14:29   #10794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankar999 View Post
I have some queries on warranty and the areas covered under the same.
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've faced, it does take away from the pleasure of owning any car. And that experience has been further sullied by the way the various service centres have (mis)handled the problem.

Quote:
The next problem that I faced following this was with the airbags. It would be really great if someone could explain what could have gone wrong here and whether I should trust the SC with whatever they have done with the airbag connectors. Any way to check and reconfirm on this?
You have a Titanium+ which has side & curtain airbags. The sensor for detecting a side collision and deploying these airbags is at the very base of the B-pillar (near where the bottom of the seatbelt is mounted to the right of the driver and left of the front passenger.

It is likely that this sensor's connector was loosened during the cleaning of the interior's mats. There is also a risk that the sensor/connector was damaged, although this cannot be fixed (without replacing it, which you will have been informed about) or bypassing it (which will cause the airbag warning light to turn on). So, all this ties in to the explanation you were provided.

The entire airbag system is controlled by an electronic device called the restraint control module (RCM), which is located in the centre console, beneath the handbrake and gear lever. This system has diagnostics built into it, which is what turns on the airbag warning light when a fault is detected. You can also ask the SA to connect their diagnostic laptop and run a full diagnostics of the RCM - this will perform a more exhaustive test and report if any faults were found. That should reassure you that the airbag system is working as intended.

Quote:
Here is the document (link to PDF) that lists both the warranty and extended warranty policies for the EcoSport. I hope that has answers to your questions, and also draws a distinction between what Ford states is covered under warranty/EW and what is not.

Quote:
The SA mentioned that my rear tailgate LED brake light strip is not working and he will change it under warranty. Now when I checked with my last SC who did all the above mentioned water leakage episode for me, on the tail LED lights, he plainly refused saying it will not be covered under warranty.
It depends on whether the bulb has fused (wear-and-tear, so no warranty), or if there is a fault in the system. Given that it worked fine until now, it is likely to be treated as wear-and-tear. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this is a sealed unit, but I'm not sure. If that is the case, then it won't be possible to replace only the bulbs.

Quote:
2) I have long crack that formed on its own on the leather on the driver armrest which is expanding slowly to a big ugly tear. Can this be replaced under warranty?
A similar kind of crack at early stage forming on the elbow leather pad on the driver door. Can this be replaced under warranty?
These will definitely be treated as wear-and-tear, particularly as these areas come in contact with the occupants, and its longevity depends on how they are treated and maintained. If you recall, the review itself stated that "The leather upholstery ... is of acceptable quality (no, it's not Stanley grade)." I have personally been very fussy about the maintenance of the leather interiors (annoyingly fussy, if you ask those around me ) and have not faced any problems. But I would really have preferred fabric interiors just for its hassle-free nature.

Quote:
4) After replacing the rear tailgate motor as mentioned above, the SC guy broke one of the pins of the grey plastic cover while attaching it back to the inside of the tail gate. How do I go about this situation? If the only solution to avoid the rattle is to replace the inner plastic cover, will ford take responsibility of the expenses as the damage was caused by their ASC?
The ASC should replace it for free, given that it was broken by their staff as part of a repair they were performing. Ideally, you should have pushed for this replacement during the original repair itself (if you knew then), but do push for it to be done free. You shouldn't have to pay for their error, which they tried to fix using a "jugaad" approach.

Quote:
5) My ride has become quite stiff during the recent days, thanks to some long weekend drives in and around Maharashtra highways. How do I check if everything is normal with my suspensions? I have read many times here of bhpians getting their suspension coils etc replaced under warranty.
Get your dampers (aka shock absorbers) checked to see if there's any leakage. This can be done by the Ford service centre or even a trusted FNG. Given the attitude of the service centres you've experienced, bear in mind that they may advise you to replace it even if not required right away. If you've not been driving a majority of your time on badly broken roads or offroading (and you've mentioned you've been primarily on MH highways), I'd be surprised to hear of any suspension problems with just 30k on your odo.

Quote:
Though we all appreciate Ford recalling our ecosports for stuff like “Fuel and brake line bundle clip replacement” or some “rear beam nut” or whatever, When will Ford start calling and addressing such common issues faced by many of us on a real time scenarios? How much will it cost for Ford in a simple upgrade of light bulbs in atleast their current production?
Upgrading light bulbs will not solve the headlight issue, as it is a problem with the reflector design (similar to what the old Figo had). I don't know why Ford gets this wrong time and again, but in the Figo they waited for a facelift some years ago to roll out a revised headlight reflector design. Likewise, in our case I think only the new headlights expected with the facelift might solve the problem.

Quote:
spare tyre cover
Apart from Nilesh5417 and hemant.kamat's great advice, I just have this to say - hold off on the purchase of any spare tyre cover - be it OEM or aftermarket. Run your EcoSport as-is and make that decision after a few months. The urge to accessorize a new car is strong, but this tyre cover is not an essential accessory that needs to be done now.

Personally and subjectively, I find the OEM spare tyre cover looks the most beautiful on the white EcoSport (I'd almost call it essential for that colour) and for the other colours I feel it looks "sort of" nice - having it is nice, but not having it is equally fine. You've got silver, so chill out for the time being, is my advice.

Last edited by arunphilip : 20th October 2016 at 14:36.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 14:44   #10795
BHPian

Quote:
I have a written note from Ford India helpdesk that everything is covered under standard/extended warranty, except routine wear & tear (ex. clutch assembly,) accidental damage (sadly including rodent damage which neither Ford, nor insurance will cover, ) and consequential damage (ex. hydrolock if attempt to start a water-logged engine is made)
Quote:
Rear Tail gate led strip brake light not working- can this be covered under warranty as my earlier SA advised?
Not sure if LEDs fall under the wear & tear ambit.
Quote:
I have long crack that formed on its own on the leather on the driver armrest which is expanding slowly to a big ugly tear.
No. This will be attributed to wear and tear or rough use.
Quote:
A similar kind of crack at early stage forming on the elbow leather pad on the driver door.
Same as above. Suggest getting aftermarket seat covers. They seem to be more durable than the OEM covers. Most include armrest cover also.
Quote:
After replacing the rear tailgate motor as mentioned above, the SC guy broke one of the pins of the grey plastic cover while attaching it back to the inside of the tail gate.
You should have insisted that the SA replace it there an then, as he/they were responsible for the damage.
Quote:
If Ford improves their after sales service and retains customer satisfaction, theres no looking back for the company in India.
Ford has some degree of control over the ASCs. At least, I was requested by the dealer/ASC not to approach Ford directly without informing my ASC and giving them a chance to resolve it first, as it reflects poorly for them in the ASC review. Needless to say, I've found the SAs at Caculo Ford, Goa to be more knowledgeable than others and tend to handle my vehicle more attentively. Maybe it helps that I know most of the people on the shop floor by face and a few personally, including the service manager. Moreover, I always stay with my vehicle during servicing, instruct them to not remove any component without my consent, and they know that I'm not someone to take things lying down and will escalate to the highest levels possible =
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:53   #10796
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Periodic Maintenance Service Schedule

Ford EcoSport : Periodic Maintenance Service Schedule

As mentioned in my preceding post, Ford has documented the terms of manufacturer warranty and extended warranty for the EcoSport in this document (14 MB).

That file also contains the periodic maintenance service (PMS) schedule for the EcoSport, which I've reproduced here for all of us to conveniently refer to. A PDF version of just these 3 pages is attached to this post (you can see it at the bottom of this post, it is 1.5 MB).

Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 1.gif
Views: 6086
Size:  78.8 KB
Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 2.gif
Views: 4946
Size:  74.8 KB
Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 3.gif
Views: 4792
Size:  71.1 KB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule.pdf (1.43 MB, 1054 views)
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 02:07   #10797
BHPian

Quote:

Try Xenex Kavuri hills. I too got the accessory from ford, but the store owner (Amar) stated he could have got a similar quality one for 7k or something (don't recall the price).

Quote:
The urge to accessorize a new car is strong
The itch for extra accessories got to stop for me now, as I've already burnt thru 1.65 lakhs in total (till date) on accessories / pampering my Ecosport and my wife is really angry about this as well. I had to pay for few stuff via cash (so that it doesn't show up on my debit / credit card statements)

Last edited by Eyas337 : 21st October 2016 at 02:21.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 11:26   #10798

Hi All,
I have a rather unique query to discuss with fellow Ecosport users. I have been using Ecosport for the last 3 years and have clocked almost 70k on the odo. Last year after a sequence of long trips, I developed heavy pain in my neck which transmitted to my shoulders and then to my left hand. The pain was so intense that I was literally paralysed with my neck stiff which cant be turned to the left side and a shooting pain towards the left hand. I couldn't drive for more than a month. After a series of hospital visits, pain killers and exercises, things were back to normal.
And then couple of weeks back, I again started feeling the pain. But I intervened early with the earlier pills and exercise and luckily the pain lasted only 2 days.
I was thinking of this as a unique case happening only to me, may be because of my physical attributes or ailments until I met another ecosport owner yesterday when I took my car for service. He was in his fiftees and as our conversation grew he told me that he is experiencing pain in his neck and shoulders while driving this car. Same as my case. He said his wife too experiences it. And most ironically, he even said to me an incident when he hired a driver for some long trip, the driver came and seeing that it is an Ecosport, he refused to drive saying that he will develop neck pain if he drives this car for long and wont be able to go to work for two days. He started his journey after hiring another driver.
So I thought of discussing this matter here. Are there anyone here experiencing a similar problem? I even have a thought that it is because of some ergonomic mistake of the car. What is your take on this?
Old 21st October 2016, 14:33   #10799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecosporter View Post
So I thought of discussing this matter here. Are there anyone here experiencing a similar problem? I even have a thought that it is because of some ergonomic mistake of the car. What is your take on this?
I am not an expert but let me add my point of view because I've suffered from different physiological issues in my shoulders, knees, neck and mainly in my lower back after a surgery for herniated disc. I have a LOT to say but I think I'll stick to the core of the subject. I bought a Enfield Thunderbird with the intention of doing long trips but I couldn't drive more than 100km in one go. I felt this was because of the damage done by the surgery and every doctor I met told me the same. It was the same case with me driving my i10 as well. Untill all of this changed after I met a very qualified Physio. He told me that there are no such thing as a perfectly ergonomic or comfortable chair or mattress or bike or car and anyone with decent strength, posture and mobility can be comfortable in most situations. Armed with enough knowledge, appropriate stretching and mobility and strengthening exercises and confidence, I then went on a 700km trip in my i10 and then a 1500km trip in my friend's Tata Zest almost pain free!

If you were active on the forum you might have seen me on a lot of threads searching for the most comfortable car under 15 lakhs . After considering all the "comfortable" cars most commonly suggested, I still came back to Ecosport which is known to have stiff suspension. That's because I felt ultimately the comfort in the seat comes down to ergonomics + posture + how relaxed you sit in it. I did have shoulder pain on the first day but then did some reading on proper driving position etc on the internet, reclined my seat back, pulled the steering towards me and made other adjustments so that I'm lying back on the seat a little yet absoultely not rounding or stretching my shoulders or hands forward and now I don't get tired at all.

I know you've driven Ecosport so much more than I did but I feel this car has very good Ergonomics, at least in the driver seat. Doctors medicate and operate but very few actually suggest solutions to fix these problems. Please consult a good physio and make small adjustments both in the car and your posture with their help and I'm sure you'll have more comfortable drives in the car, unless you're simply too tall or too short for the seat.
komalthecoolk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 16:39   #10800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just have this to say - hold off on the purchase of any spare tyre cover - be it OEM or aftermarket. Run your EcoSport as-is and make that decision after a few months. The urge to accessorize a new car is strong, but this tyre cover is not an essential accessory that needs to be done now.
Agree!

Actually, i feel spare tyre without cover looks masculine, if we keep the tyre and alloys neat and shining.

And also practical, You dont have to worry about breaking the tyre cover if you accidentally touch anything by mistake while reversing..
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks