Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2016, 16:46   #10801

Good point on ergonomics. I drive titanium version. That has small seat knob to set comfortable position for lumber area. Honestly, there's no chair in the world which can hold me for more than 30 minutes due to low back pain. But i can sit for hours in my ecosport driver seat and drive for hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecosporter View Post
Hi All,
I have a rather unique query to discuss with fellow Ecosport users. I have been using Ecosport for the last 3 years and have clocked almost 70k on the odo.
=======
I even have a thought that it is because of some ergonomic mistake of the car. What is your take on this?
Old 21st October 2016, 17:30   #10802
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecosporter View Post
I was thinking of this as a unique case happening only to me, may be because of my physical attributes or ailments until I met another ecosport owner yesterday when I took my car for service. He was in his fiftees and as our conversation grew he told me that he is experiencing pain in his neck and shoulders while driving this car

This is not a unique issue. It's quite common with Ecosport owners having a wider frame. This is due to the narrow driver seat and forward slanting head rests.

To solve this, sit at 135 degrees recline, and use a hard neck rest. Also adjust your steering at medium level, such that your arms are right at your neck level when holding from the thumb contours.
BB311 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:39   #10803
BHPian

Does anyone have checked out this Signature edition Ford EcoSport ?
If yes, then do post some of its detailed photographs with its other details including price.
IMO, It seems to be promising with Modern trendy styling elements.
(Pic source: Ford India website)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mobilesize.jpg  

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 22nd October 2016 at 14:43. Reason: Content addition & Text editing
Old 22nd October 2016, 17:05   #10804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Does anyone have checked out this Signature edition Ford EcoSport ?
If yes, then do post some of its detailed photographs with its other details including price.
IMO, It seems to be promising with Modern trendy styling elements.
(Pic source: Ford India website)
A friend of mine has booked this in Pune last week; delivery on the 27th of this month.

Apparently, the Signature Edition is in short supply; some people are promised delivery in Dec.

While he's getting the car next week, the dealer said the smoked headlamps will be fitted in Dec.

Apart from the body graphics and perhaps the DRL, everything else is just extra fitment you can retrofit on the regular EcoSport.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:20   #10805
BHPian

Has anyone checked out/enquired about the DRLs in the Signature edition?

They look quite flush with the bumper so wondered if this can be retrofitted on any Ecosport. Of course, pricing will be exorbitant if its a dealer fitment.
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:17   #10806
BHPian

Since we're on the subject...

Mine look way cooler than the Signature headlamps.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20161023479.jpg

Apologies for the back to back posts; adding the second photo to my post above enlarges both to span beyond the browser page borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
They look quite flush with the bumper so wondered if this can be retrofitted on any Ecosport.
The front bumper moulding looks different. There seem to be slots to accommodate the DRLs. Check this out:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-399e269bedfccbfe0715432c0efb6842__1.jpg.png

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2016 at 19:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts
hemant.kamat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:15   #10807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Since we're on the subject...

Mine look way cooler than the Signature headlamps.
Looks great! A couple of frontal pictures would be great as well.
If you dont mind posting it here, where did you get this done and for how much? Also is there a bi-xenon projector installed?

In Goa i have seen some Ecosports retrofitted with standard L shaped DRL(signature headlamp style, but brighter) , yours is the first one with the U shaped ones.

Congratulations!
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:31   #10808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Looks great! A couple of frontal pictures would be great as well.
If you dont mind posting it here, where did you get this done and for how much? Also is there a bi-xenon projector installed?

In Goa i have seen some Ecosports retrofitted with standard L shaped DRL(signature headlamp style, but brighter) , yours is the first one with the U shaped ones.

Congratulations!
Thanks! Here you go. I got mine fitted yesterday at AP-EX Car Accessories, B B Borkar Road, Porvorim. Paid 19.5K total, inclusive of bulbs & installation. Extra 6K for HIDs; will probably get them fitted next month. Talk to Sandy; he gave me 4K off on the 23.5K sticker price. And yes, the inner (low beam) bulbs are bi-xenon projectors, outer (high beam) are halogen.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20161023482.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 01:13   #10809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Has anyone checked out/enquired about the DRLs in the Signature edition?

They look quite flush with the bumper so wondered if this can be retrofitted on any Ecosport. Of course, pricing will be exorbitant if its a dealer fitment.
Quote:
The front bumper moulding looks different. There seem to be slots to accommodate the DRLs. Check this out:
Attachment 1569760
Had been to the dealership to get my 1st service done, while waiting checked few cars which were the latest signature edition.

The LED DRLs look very cheap (I think Ford got inspired by the I20 LED DRLs). Note that its a dealer fitted accessory (not from factory) and will be in addition to the DRL (regular one - within the Fog lamp kit on Tit+ versions).

They cut thru the bumper (using a blade) and then stick those into the holes with some wiring work done in the back end. They come in white color and will be needing body color painting (just like the rear spare wheel cover) and you need to pay extra for getting them body colored (+fitment charges). If body colored, then might look good but the paint quality (done at dealer) might not blend in with the cars paint (factory quality).

To get them installed and have them as body color, the technician mentioned to leave the car, for at least for 2 days.The individual price on this is still not known but the SA mentioned would be around Rs 15-16 k and YES, you can get them installed, if ready to pay this price (probably after few months, the price might come down).

Regarding the signature edition: for about 22-24k extra, below are being provided as a KIT:
- LED DRLs (same as above mentioned)
- Front & Rear Applique
- Stickers on the doors (I didn't find them appealing)
- Seat covers (for the ones coming with fabric seats)
- LED scuff plates at front doors (not sure on this - but checked 2 cars and both had them installed)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20161024_012105_resized_20161024_012226883-2.jpg  

Last edited by Eyas337 : 24th October 2016 at 01:32. Reason: Adding Picture
Eyas337 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 13:28   #10810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Here you go. I got mine fitted yesterday at AP-EX Car Accessories, B B Borkar Road, Porvorim. Paid 19.5K total, inclusive of bulbs & installation. Extra 6K for HIDs; will probably get them fitted next month. Talk to Sandy; he gave me 4K off on the 23.5K sticker price. And yes, the inner (low beam) bulbs are bi-xenon projectors, outer (high beam) are halogen.
How long did the procedure take? Am heading to Goa in Dec.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:10   #10811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
How long did the procedure take? Am heading to Goa in Dec.
Around 20 minutes. But call APEX (+91-8322414122) and schedule an appointment as there's usually a lot of rush.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:14   #10812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post

Regarding the signature edition: for about 22-24k extra, below are being provided as a KIT:
- LED DRLs (same as above mentioned)
- Front & Rear Applique
- Stickers on the doors (I didn't find them appealing)
- Seat covers (for the ones coming with fabric seats)
- LED scuff plates at front doors (not sure on this - but checked 2 cars and both had them installed)
I also believe this is only for the Titanium versions and will not happen on Titanium+. My dealer also said that these cars are made to order so the finish will be good on all the modifications and the cars will be delivered to them from factory as a fullly ready signature edition.

Speaking of DRLs, a question to the Titanium+ owners. Has anyone modified the bulb in the DRL light that sits in the fog lamp? It's been only a week since I got my car but I'm tired of people signalling to me that my light is on. Have been "hand-flashed" at least 20 times this week when they see the yellow DRL on. I want to replace it with white LED bulbs which are easily available online. I wanted to know if I need to go to the service center if I want to get any of the bulbs (map lamp, rear view or fog lamps) changed or is it easy to DIY?
Old 24th October 2016, 14:20   #10813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Speaking of DRLs, a question to the Titanium+ owners. Has anyone modified the bulb in the DRL light that sits in the fog lamp? It's been only a week since I got my car but I'm tired of people signalling to me that my light is on. Have been "hand-flashed" at least 20 times this week when they see the yellow DRL on. I want to replace it with white LED bulbs which are easily available online. I wanted to know if I need to go to the service center if I want to get any of the bulbs (map lamp, rear view or fog lamps) changed or is it easy to DIY?
Same here, being constantly reminded of the DRL is kinda annoying since it is a normal halogen bulb and not LED.
This might require removing the foglight assembly, I might get this done during my 10K service in a few months time.
Old 24th October 2016, 22:16   #10814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I also believe this is only for the Titanium versions and will not happen on Titanium+. My dealer also said that these cars are made to order so the finish will be good on all the modifications and the cars will be delivered to them from factory as a fullly ready signature edition.

Is DRL bulb a different Halogen bulb in fog lamp assembly ?
If not then where's the fog lamp now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Same here, being constantly reminded of the DRL is kinda annoying since it is a normal halogen bulb and not LED.
This might require removing the foglight assembly, I might get this done during my 10K service in a few months time.
Well said.
I didn't understand the logic behind using fog lamps as DRLs when they've already added Headlamps with LED element which can very well serve as DRL. Why they omitted such setup & tried Halogen setup for DRL, which really looks very different than the trend or the setup other car manufacturers are following.
Better is to retain fog lamps as such for their intended purpose & use Headlamp assembly based LED strip as DRL.
It will looks decent & purposeful too.
Old 24th October 2016, 22:32   #10815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Is DRL bulb a different Halogen bulb in fog lamp assembly ?
If not then where's the fog lamp now ?
The fog lamp assembly has two sections with two bulbs in them. One as DRL and one slightly more powerful or focused that serves as the fog lamp. If you ask me, I'd like to change all of the lamps with powerful LEDs.

On the same topic, I think Ecosport has good capabilities to be modified and accessorized. There should be a separate thread for it!
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks