Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 19:32   #10711
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Thanks Arun for your reference, Lingarajpuram Metro which is located under the fly over is close to my place too, i will contact this BHPian for any reference. Regarding wash i really dont want to give them as i am sure there will be swirls all over. I do the same and its with 3M mostly.
John, I'm unable to reply to your PM. You can ask for Shiv Kumar or Dilip at the service station - both of them were good. The manager is pretty friendly too. I think the key is to have a team-bhp sticker, which goes a long way in ensuring you get a great service!
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:31   #10712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
John, I'm unable to reply to your PM. You can ask for Shiv Kumar or Dilip at the service station - both of them were good. The manager is pretty friendly too. I think the key is to have a team-bhp sticker, which goes a long way in ensuring you get a great service!
I checked my setting, not sure why you were not able to PM me, but thank you so much for the reference, i will surely ask for them.

Ya i already got the stickers and i am yet to put them on, will definitely do before i take for service.
Old 24th September 2016, 17:24   #10713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I would be going back to the service centre for the same issue 4th time in less than 6000 kms - Check Engine light.

The EcoSport was fine overall till about 48000 kms but right now it is trying to compete with previous TATA and Skoda experiences.
My car's check engine light had also come up at 47700kms and i was just asked to reset it.

I just did that but my engine oil color is charcoal black and the SA asked me to ignore it! I've decided to get the oil changed outside on my own.

@Arunphilip - Any specific brand / oil that you recommend?
Old 24th September 2016, 18:33   #10714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
My car's check engine light had also come up at 47700kms and i was just asked to reset it. I just did that but my engine oil color is charcoal black and the SA asked me to ignore it! I've decided to get the oil changed outside on my own.
@Arunphilip - Any specific brand / oil that you recommend?
Hey Nilesh, Ford specify the 5W-30 grade of engine oil for the 1.5L TDCi engine. They have a preference for Castrol Magnatec semi-synthetic oil, and that's what is used in Ford's service centers.
Name:  Engine Oil Grade.gif
Views: 4177
Size:  17.1 KB

So, I'd recommend sticking to that and get Castrol Magnatec 5W-30. Of course, you need not be limited by just this, and you could equally opt for a fully synthetic oil like Mobil 1's 5W-30.

Bear in mind that you'll need 3.8 L of oil for a full change, and change the filter at the same time.
Name:  Engine Oil Capacity.gif
Views: 4502
Size:  8.2 KB

If you're the online shopping kind, then Amazon.in lists both Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 and Mobil 1 5W-30.

Oil does get dark with use, but from your description it sounds like its significantly darker than you'd expect. Have you been noticing any power loss or anything different with your engine? I'm just playing devil's advocate to see if the oil could have been changed earlier, but has darkened significantly in 7000 kms.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 09:14   #10715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Oil does get dark with use, but from your description it sounds like its significantly darker than you'd expect. Have you been noticing any power loss or anything different with your engine? I'm just playing devil's advocate to see if the oil could have been changed earlier, but has darkened significantly in 7000 kms.
Thanks Arun! The mileage has remained constant at around 13.5kmpl but i drive the car every single day and i can't make out any significant degradation in driveability or throttle response. I will ask my driver to drive it today and ask for his feedback since he drives this car once in a while.

I will post a picture of the oil stick today to show how dark the oil has become. The color is why am wondering if the Service Center only topped up oil instead of fully replacing it during thhe 40k Service.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 16:35   #10716

Now I am facing a rather unique issue in my new ford ecosport sync and music system. After doing a full format of the USB I was able to run the songs in USB for 3-4 hours of travel. (not to mention the 1 hour of indexing it was doing) the USB stopped all of a sudden. The USB again started next day after again 1 hour of indexing and again stopped in half song without any error. Then it does not even detect the USB and on removing the USB says USB disconnected.

Has anybody faced this issue too. Should I bring it to the notice of the SA at ford.
Old 26th September 2016, 16:53   #10717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
Has anybody faced this issue too. Should I bring it to the notice of the SA at ford.
General consensus is that the Ford SAs struggle to troubleshoot Sync issues. Keep that as a last resort, but you might want to do some healthy troubleshooting first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
Now I am facing a rather unique issue in my new ford ecosport sync and music system. After doing a full format of the USB I was able to run the songs in USB for 3-4 hours of travel. (not to mention the 1 hour of indexing it was doing) the USB stopped all of a sudden. The USB again started next day after again 1 hour of indexing and again stopped in half song without any error. Then it does not even detect the USB and on removing the USB says USB disconnected.
I think you mentioned yours is an 8 GB stick. 1 hour for indexing it is incredibly long! When I received a message that the index was full in my case (55 GB of music), I performed a USB reset which resolved the problem. So, try the following:
  1. In Sync options, there'll be an option titled "Reset Sync USB". Select that, and wait until the message disappears. It might take a few minutes. Then, turn off and turn on the stereo - this should force a clean sync of the USB drive's contents, and this should take only some minutes.
  2. If that doesn't help, check for any Sync updates by registering at
  3. https://www.india.ford.com/owner/ and following the link under the heading "SYNC™ Software Update". You might not see any updates, as you mentioned your EcoSport was purchased newly.
  4. Last option would be Ford's service.
Old 26th September 2016, 17:35   #10718
BHPian

I know this is not the ICE forum but since this is the gathering point for all the owners, I wanted to ask why there aren't much discussions about ICE upgrade on the Ecosport? Granted, the default setup sounds very good but considering the very silent cabin, the chance for having better than 'very good' ICE setup is high. Yet, I see only 3-4 people mention it so far.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 17:54   #10719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I know this is not the ICE forum but since this is the gathering point for all the owners, I wanted to ask why there aren't much discussions about ICE upgrade on the Ecosport? Granted, the default setup sounds very good but considering the very silent cabin, the chance for having better than 'very good' ICE setup is high. Yet, I see only 3-4 people mention it so far.
Good question

Many people have taken the first step, where they've fitted tweeters into the front doors, to complement the 4 speakers that Ford offers. I know some have added an amp and replaced the speakers too.

Here's one thread that touches on ICE in the EcoSport, though its not as comprehensive as other people's ICE threads: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-ecosport.html (ICEing up my Ford EcoSport)

If you get a variant of the EcoSport with Sync (i.e. the Titanium and Titanium+), then you'll be slightly limited to only changing the speakers and adding an amp. Changing the Sync head unit is a very complex process, and I've not heard of anyone having actually performed it here.

You can also take a look at this thread where the owner (d3mon) added an amp and a sub to his Aspire Titanium+: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...e-upgrade.html (Ford Figo Aspire: ICE Upgrade)

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th September 2016 at 17:55.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:21   #10720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Your query is answered in your post. Only a handful will opt for better if the default itself is very good. Therefore the lack of discussions on upgrade of ICE.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 21:29   #10721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The color is why am wondering if the Service Center only topped up oil instead of fully replacing it during thhe 40k Service.
Even I've had this feeling a couple of times. According to the SA diesel engine oils becomes dark within a day. I often forget to check at the service center before taking delivery.
Old 26th September 2016, 22:06   #10722
BHPian

Today took my ecosport for 1st service to Lingarajpuram Metro Ford, spoke to Shiva kumar and got the vehicle on quick lane service, I insisted for Oil & Filter replacement and cancelled Car wash, Thanks to @d3mon for the reference, Shiva kumar was very helpful, he was monitoring the whole process, I was beside the car whole time, some highlights on what they did:

1. Put the car on Ramp, removed engine guard and drained the old oil, he was showing the oil color which was kind of green, he said oil change wasn't needed.
2. replaced the oil filter and some rubber gasket, oil filter has to be replaced from top and not from bottom, usually its bottom in petrol variant he says.
3. He removed the console near the hand brake to adjust the brakes and in the end when i checked the console was not fitted properly, called Shiva kumar, he tried to fit but didnt fit, i told him it would rattle for sure , he said he would order the part and get it replaced for me, i said it could be the hinges and told him to get some good mechanic from inside, he found one guy who knew the job, he fixed in 2 mins and everything back to normal.
4. Checked the batteries, he connected some POS kind of device, which printed with some values saying all fine.
5. Shiva kumar was impressed with the 3M work they did under chassis for rust protection, i said i did in 3M near my place and not from ford attached 3M, he wasn't surprised there.
6. The mechanic checked all the brakes when vehicle was on ramp, he told me brakes doesnt need cleaning and they are fine.
7. I told him i had got a "Engine Service now" message in 970km and ford guys had cleared the error earlier, he didnt brush me off but took it seriously, he did connect the OBD scanner and found no errors and said system passed all test fine and vehicle in good health.
8. finally a pouch of liquid for wipers were filled along with water and i was good to go back.
9. My odometer at the time of service: 2139km

Overall satisfied with service, total bill was Rs. 1763 inclusive of all taxes. Thanks once again to @d3mon & @arunphilip for their reference and recommendation.
johnruben is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 12:08   #10723
BHPian

Hello Ecosport owners and BHPians,

It has been quite a time that I've been experiencing issues with the boot opening button. I've tried multiple times but the boot won't open. There is this sound of some kind of a motor every time I press the button.

There is an issue with the backseat (60:40 split) as well. The Seat won't lock back to the actual position after folding. I believe I should visit the service center. What say guys?
Old 27th September 2016, 13:01   #10724
BHPian

As far as rear door is concerned, it has happened to me also.
But cleaning the lock mechanism with spray of WD40 and luring sorted out the problem. Problem was of dust accumulation.

For the seats u may need some adjustments so vis the ASC.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:18   #10725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
It has been quite a time that I've been experiencing issues with the boot opening button. I've tried multiple times but the boot won't open. There is this sound of some kind of a motor every time I press the button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
As far as rear door is concerned... cleaning the lock mechanism with spray of WD40 and luring sorted out the problem. Problem was of dust accumulation.
Good tip regarding cleaning out the boot locking mechanism. However, do get it lubricated by the ASC, because they have this special whitish Krytox grease to lubricate the hinges and door locking mechanism.

Also, bear in mind that WD40 is an ineffective lubricant - the oil in it is light (low viscosity) so it will not lubricate as effectively as grease. WD40 is great for cleaning out any dirt, but please don't rely solely on it to keep things like door hinges or locks lubricated.

@techfreak - not sure if you meant lubing when you wrote 'luring' - if that's what you meant, then not to worry, good you're using a separate lubricant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
There is an issue with the backseat (60:40 split) as well. The Seat won't lock back to the actual position after folding.
Do you feel the latch is not closing when you try locking it back upright, or do you feel the alignment of the latch is itself wrong. Check the slot in the seat back to see nothing is obstructing it (carpet, seatbelt, etc). Failing which, yes, give it to the ASC.

Last edited by arunphilip : 27th September 2016 at 14:21.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks