Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 00:39   #10606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Thanks, this place is very close by to where I live. I will give them a visit over the weekend.
By the way, I mentioned this before as well - I bought my Ecosport about 2 weeks back; after reading your ownership thread and mods list. Also I got most of the mods done like you did. The dealer did have a tough time answering me that it can't be done now, and probably back in 2013 - it would have been possible

I probably should meet you in person to get more clarifications
Congratulations
We can meet anytime Private Message me your mobile number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have finally upgraded some parts of my Eco's ICE. I have added the following stuff:
DLS RCS6.2 2 Way Components in front.
Digital Designs Amplifier (4 channel)
Focal Sub Woofer
Dampening on front doors

Pending Upgrades:
Rainbow Components in Rear
Mono Amp for Sub woofer
Dampening on all four doors, boot door and roof.
Congratulations
Could you please add more details and include some pictures

Thank you
Old 4th September 2016, 23:01   #10607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Is there absolutely no way (DIY?) we could get Sync 2 setup on our Ecosports?
Short answer - no, you can't get Sync 2 or Sync 3 in the EcoSport because in no market is the EcoSport sold with Sync 2 or Sync 3. Therefore, physical compatibility (fitting into the current console/dashboard) and electrical compatibility will both be a problem.

Bear in mind that Sync offers various functionality:
  • Head unit - music, radio
  • Cellular integration - for calls and SMS
  • Car functionality & HVAC - showing which door is open, warning/error messages, AC temperature, blower speed, etc.

The functionality that integrates with the car (doors, AC, etc.) is the crucial part - this indicates that Sync integrates quite closely with the BCM (body control module) in a two-way manner. So its not like we can just plug in a new head unit, it also needs to be correctly coded with the BCM.

In the UK, Ford does offer an option of a Sony head unit as a £400 factory-fitted option (35,000 rupees!) - this comes with a colour screen, and allows integration of a rearview camera, navigation, etc. If you want a better looking Sync screen in your EcoSport, this is probably one of your best bets. However, sourcing the kit, and successfully installing it will still prove a challenge.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-uk-ecosport-sony-hu.jpg

Sync Background
There are broadly 3 versions of Sync, of which we have the first one available in the EcoSport, Aspire and Figo, and the second one in the Endeavour and Mustang.

Sync 1 (a.k.a. Sync)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-1-thumb.jpg
Sync is what we have in the EcoSport, with a slightly upgraded version available in the Figo and Aspire. The upgraded version supports apps, and is called Sync+AppLink. Sync 1 looks like one of the following - essentially its a monochrome screen. Note that in different markets Ford offers it with slightly different screens, but the underlying technology is the same.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-1-option-1.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-1-option-2.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-1-option-3.jpg

Sync 2 (a.k.a. MyFord Touch)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-2-thumb.jpg
Sync 2 is available in the Endeavour and Mustang in India. Sync 2 is notable because it supports touchscreen operations. As far as I know, Sync 2 is not offered with the EcoSport in any market. Sync 2 looks like the following, with its distinctive 4-quadrants appearance:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-2-option-1.jpg

Sync 3
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-3-thumb.jpg
Unlike Sync 1 and Sync 2 that ran on Microsoft's Windows Embedded operating system, Sync 3 is a ground-up rewrite that uses Blackberry's QNX software. This was done because the earlier versions of Sync were faring very poorly in reviews - particularly Sync 2, which offered additional functionality and graphics, but had very laggy performance. In India, Ford does not offer Sync 3 in any of their vehicles. Sync 3 looks like the following:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-3-option-1.jpg
arunphilip is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 15:46   #10608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Short answer - no, you can't get Sync 2 or Sync 3 in the EcoSport because in no market is the EcoSport sold with Sync 2 or Sync 3.
Very informative article There is also an expensive aftermarket option from Caska which few people have installed:

http://www.caskaindia.com/caska-suit...tifunction.htm
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 20:29   #10609

Guys need inputs if changing the headlights assembly will impact the warranty. The SA advised against it. He however said you can upgrade the bulb as long as it is in RTO norms

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 7th September 2016, 20:42   #10610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
Guys need inputs if changing the headlights assembly will impact the warranty.
Changing the headlight assembly to a non-approved accessory will affect the electrical warranty.

If you know that the headlight you're going to fit is something that has been used successfully on other EcoSports, then feel free to go ahead, and just make sure the change is done by a trusted and capable installer, and is done smartly (i.e. no cutting of wires). You can also choose to retain the OEM headlight assembly so you can swap it back if required. Many people have successfully changed their headlight assembly without any problems, so you can feel reassured that the car itself doesn't have a problem with changing it.

Although I said warranty will be void, warranty is highly dependent on the relationship you share with your SA and service center.

The typical reasoning is that any faults/defects in an area where a modification has been made will not be eligible for warranty (e.g. suspension for upsized tyres/wheels, electrical system for altered headlights, etc.). This will be the default stance of a service center.

However, with a good relationship/rapport, it will be more flexible - if you can prove or the SA agrees that the modification did not cause the failure, then warranty will still be honoured.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 01:51   #10611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Very informative article There is also an expensive aftermarket option from Caska which few people have installed:

http://www.caskaindia.com/caska-suit...tifunction.htm
Caska system is not compatible with the Ford's emergency assist system ie it gets disabled after the Caska system is installed
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 08:10   #10612
BHPian

finally after running 48k original goodyear assurance, I changed car shoes to apollo apterra hls with a little upgrade to 205/65-15. Goodyear sidewall were strong and gave good life even after ladakh, zanskar, kalpa tours. although they locked easily on panick braking and I also experienced aquaplaning on one or two occasions. At the time of change they were good for 10k more kms, but i opted to change.
I had shortlisted Bridgestone B390 and Apollo Apterra hls and finally chose apterra hls for its blocky tread pattern persuming to be helpful in providing traction on gravely surface we encounter on rocky mountains(where goodyear were pathetic).
Apollo apterra hls 205/65-15 94T M+S price 4900/ tyre with complimentary wheel alignment and balancing. Goodyear buy back was 500/tyre.
now planning for impeding Spiti trip.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 8th September 2016 at 08:18. Reason: not able to add pics.
Dr.Abhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 22:53   #10613
BHPian

Spotted Ecosport with some test equipment mounted on it.
It had normal private registration plate.
It had two screens which were showing some reading which then were fed into a laptop on passenger seat.
There were several cables coming out of engine compartment which fed data to those two displays i mentioned above.

What all this could be?

Is ARAI conducting some test or Ford?
It was in Pune

My guess about the FEB sticker on the rear windshield Ford Ecosport B*^%%$

Last edited by DriveOnceMore : 8th September 2016 at 22:54.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 23:22   #10614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Spotted Ecosport with some test equipment mounted on it. It had normal private registration plate. There were several cables coming out of engine compartment which fed data to those two displays i mentioned above. Is ARAI conducting some test or Ford? It was in Pune
Well, given it was in Pune, your suspicion about ARAI is quite reasonable.

The only reason ARAI might be testing something like this is if Ford are homologating new engines for the EcoSport, possibly as part of the upcoming facelift.

I wonder if this could be the uprated 1.0L EcoBoost engine at 140 ps - since it is something available in the UK (see my earlier post on this).
Old 9th September 2016, 02:00   #10615
BHPian

Quote:
The only reason ARAI might be testing something like this is if Ford are homologating new engines for the EcoSport, possibly as part of the upcoming facelift.
Is there any hopeful possibility or leaks about a refresh or facelift? I'm on the verge of booking an Ecosport and would wait if there is any hope.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 08:54   #10616
BHPian

Quote:
Well, given it was in Pune, your suspicion about ARAI is quite reasonable.

I wonder if this could be the uprated 1.0L EcoBoost engine at 140 ps - since it is something available in the UK (see my earlier post on this).
If Ecosport comes with this 140ps engine, where would that leave the Abarth! I know both the cars are not comparable but just for the sake of it. As it is the Figo 1.5D did beat Abarth by 0.1 secs in one of the auto magazines trackday!

On a serious note though, that would be really wonderful of Ford to bring 140ps version here and I have no doubts that it will have takers as it would be economical boost the sales.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:11   #10617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any hopeful possibility or leaks about a refresh or facelift? I'm on the verge of booking an Ecosport and would wait if there is any hope.
Nothing more accurate than the comments and speculation on the 2017 facelift thread, which you have also seen and commented on . Generally, Ford's test cars are seen for several months undergoing testing before the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
If Ecosport comes with this 140ps engine, where would that leave the Abarth! I know both the cars are not comparable but just for the sake of it.
According to Autocar's lap times before the track was resurfaced:
  • Fiat Linea T-Jet: 2m 16.50s
  • Ford EcoSport: 2m 19.3s

The resurfacing dropped times for cars tested afterward, which is why the Abarth Punto seems to have got only a 2m 16.96s lap time. Knowing the Abarth has a punchier engine than the Linea T-Jet, I'd say that on the original track it would have been faster than the T-Jet and with a larger gap to the EcoSport. I don't think the 140 ps EcoBoost engine will be able to make up that deficit, not with the relatively top-heavy EcoSport body.

What I'd personally look for is how the low-end torque of the engine is at slow speeds (i.e. the second-gear speed-breaker test). That is the Achilles heel of the EcoBoost today and is what makes the diesel a better recommendation for city use today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
On a serious note though, that would be really wonderful of Ford to bring 140ps version here
Yes, I too hope and wish Ford offer the 140ps variant in India when the facelift arrives. I hope that Ford learn a lesson on what to do from the Endeavour and what not to do from the Figo/Aspire. Don't bring cut price cars to India, offer us what is available internationally.

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th September 2016 at 10:13.
Old 9th September 2016, 11:17   #10618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Thanks, this place is very close by to where I live. I will give them a visit over the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations
We can meet anytime Private Message me your mobile number.
Did you get to check out their store? Did you guys meet? I have a friend who's been waiting to get such lights on his car. He might be visiting Hyderabad next month for just 2 days and would be interested in this.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:44   #10619
BHPian

Was unable to attach images earlier as I was using mobile.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160908_185549481.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160908_185553065.jpg
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 01:41   #10620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wait for a couple of months for news on the Ecosport face lift or go ahead and buy the Creta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks