Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 20:29   #12301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

A quick round of questions for ES owners:

1. Why are there 2 buttons on the ACC for switching on and off the climate control? I am referring to the one labelled 'AC' and the one with a circle on the button just below it?

2. what is the capacity of the fuel tank on the diesel?

3. Is it correct that the stepney does not come with TPMS? If yes, most will prefer a 4-wheel rotation, right?

4. Any care to be taken during WA/WB/WR, especially due to TPMS? Where are the sensors?

I got my tires deflated at the fuel bunk nearby and inflated with N2. However i insisted that he deflate the tyre by pushing a key on the valve instead of unscrewing it. Was not sure if valve removal for quick deflation would impact the sensor.

I am yet to read the voluminous manual, hence these questions.

TIA.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th March 2021 at 20:32.
Old 12th March 2021, 21:10   #12302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

1. Why are there 2 buttons on the ACC for switching on and off the climate control? I am referring to the one labelled 'AC' and the one with a circle on the button just below it?

2. what is the capacity of the fuel tank on the diesel?

3. Is it correct that the stepney does not come with TPMS? If yes, most will prefer a 4-wheel rotation, right?

4. Any care to be taken during WA/WB/WR, especially due to TPMS? Where are the sensors?
1. AC button is to switch between AC and fan mode and the on/off button is switch the entire HVAC system on/off.

2. 52L is fuel tank of both petrol and diesel EcoSports.

3. Owners with TPMS may be able to answer better, IIRC Stepney doesn’t get a TPMS sensor.

4. Again owners with TPMS equipped EcoSport may be able to answer wrt sensor location.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 21:13   #12303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
1. AC button is to switch between AC and fan mode and the on/off button is switch the entire HVAC system on/off.

2. 52L is fuel tank of both petrol and diesel EcoSports.

3. Owners with TPMS may be able to answer better, IIRC Stepney doesn’t get a TPMS sensor.

4. Again owners with TPMS equipped EcoSport may be able to answer wrt sensor location.
Thank you for the quick response!!

If the stepney does not have a TPMS sensor, what is the point of tom-toming that the spare wheel also is a full-sized alloy? Going forward, it will be a pain to do 5-wheel rotation because one needs to use the same alloy always as the stepney, though the tyre might be rotated. Imagine the pain of removing the tyre from the stepney and putting another one on it during WR!

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th March 2021 at 21:16.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 23:17   #12304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got my tires deflated at the fuel bunk nearby and inflated with N2. However i insisted that he deflate the tyre by pushing a key on the valve instead of unscrewing it. Was not sure if valve removal for quick deflation would impact the sensor.

I am yet to read the voluminous manual, hence these questions.

TIA.

Yes, TPMS is only on 4 wheels. No problem during rotation as all you need to do is press the reset button in the TPMS menu and it reads the new positions.

The sensors are part of the valve and mounted on the rim. You need to be careful when removing the wheel from the rim, otherwise it's fine.

I had a shoulder puncture on one of my tyres when my car was new and hence wanted to move the tyre to the spare. Because of the TPMS, I had to also remove the tyre and interchange the rims, so yes an inconvenience in such situations.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 23:29   #12305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Yes, TPMS is only on 4 wheels. No problem during rotation as all you need to do is press the reset button in the TPMS menu and it reads the new positions.

The sensors are part of the valve and mounted on the rim. You need to be careful when removing the wheel from the rim, otherwise it's fine.

I had a shoulder puncture on one of my tyres when my car was new and hence wanted to move the tyre to the spare. Because of the TPMS, I had to also remove the tyre and interchange the rims, so yes an inconvenience in such situations.
Thank you very much! Which valve are you talking about? Is it the one where the air or N2 is blown into? If yes, I thank my stars that I saw and prevented the N2-filling guy from unscrewing it so that he could quickly deflate the air. I told him to deflate it gradually instead by pushing the pin inside--like the pranks we used to do during school days while removing air from bicycles!
Old 12th March 2021, 23:47   #12306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Which valve are you talking about? Is it the one where the air or N2 is blown into?...
Yes, it's the same valve. A reference image of how it looks - Link

I don't think pulling out the pin should be a problem but I haven't tried this myself!
Old 12th March 2021, 23:54   #12307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Yes, it's the same valve. A reference image of how it looks - Link

I don't think pulling out the pin should be a problem but I haven't tried this myself!
Thanks--really helps! I do not know what would have happened if he had unscrewed the valve pin to facilitate quick deflation. Not sure if it would damage the sensor inside when it is re-inserted before inflating with N2.

Looks like you are running the tyres on air only, right? Else you would have been aware of this probably.
Old 13th March 2021, 00:18   #12308
Senior - BHPian

^^ yes, have never really felt the benefits of Nitrogen but that's a whole other discussion

My pressures hold constant for more than a month and I have a 12v compressor which I use for top ups and hence never need to get air checked outside. In addition, I have seen most bunks have uncalibrated gauges and hence they always end up filling more air than the reading.

I got an external TPMS fitted on my wife's Alto as well so all top ups are taken care of at home.
Old 16th March 2021, 11:42   #12309
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT Petrol 2018 edition with stock headlights. I feel the stock bulbs are really low throw even with high beam and fog lights on.

As I’m planning for a long trip, I’d like to upgrade my stock headlight to something powerful with wide throw and good brightness.

Can anyone recommend a good headlight upgrade along with the name of the shops in chennai?

Regards
Uday
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 13:54   #12310
BHPian

My friend's 15 month old 25,000km driven ecosport titanium's engine mount broke while driving on a highway at night. Ford's response was good, they rectified it and apologised but I am dismayed at the built quality of the said part.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 21:33   #12311
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody have any inside news on Ecosport update/facelift? There are lot of rumours flying around on the social media.

At least this time, I would like to keep the car for long. Will it be a mistake buying now (and delivered 2 months later) only to find being succeeded by a new model?
Old 17th March 2021, 21:46   #12312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Does anybody have any inside news on Ecosport update/facelift? There are lot of rumours flying around on the social media.

At least this time, I would like to keep the car for long. Will it be a mistake buying now (and delivered 2 months later) only to find being succeeded by a new model?
I had a similar question but the launch seems to be the Ford Territory and going by the news so far is more targeted towards the Creta and Seltos buyers and will be in a segment above the Ecosport.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 23:05   #12313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Don't expect a new Ecosport till atleast the end of 2022. The development is on and it'll most likely hit the Brazilian market first (Ford has only ended production and not sales in Brazil), so if you really like the Ecosport, go ahead and get it.

The biggest change coming was the introduction of the Mahindra 1.2 TGDI, but don't know the status of that project with the JV breaking.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th March 2021 at 23:07.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 00:05   #12314
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know two more things on the BS6 engine.

Is the FE less in BS6 diesel model? If so, by how much?

What is the cost per km of adblue consumption for Ecosport?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:28   #12315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Hi BHPians,

I own Ecosport Titanium+ AT Petrol 2018 edition with stock headlights. I feel the stock bulbs are really low throw even with high beam and fog lights on.
Hi Uday, I do not own an Ecosport, but I am also looking to upgrade my stock headlights in my Compass. After a bit of research online and offline, I concluded on Osram or Phillips HID's. I would not recommend LED's as they do not cut through rain or fog. Many offline stores recommend unbranded Chinese HID's and offer replacement warranty. Please only go with branded HID's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
My friend's 15 month old 25,000km driven ecosport titanium's engine mount broke while driving on a highway at night. Ford's response was good, they rectified it and apologised but I am dismayed at the built quality of the said part.
This is big news. Sorry to hear about this. When Sonet owner had similar experience there was seperate thread on this. Everyone jumped on to it, but Ecosport is ignored. Good to know Ford handled it better than Kia. This might be one of the odd cases. Did he use it for any off-road riding? or was it just QC issue?

Quote:
Is the FE less in BS6 diesel model? If so, by how much?

What is the cost per km of adblue consumption for Ecosport?
As per official ARAI numbers it is 21.7 kmpl on bs6 variant.

Ecosport doesn't use adblue, it uses DPF technology. DPF needs periodic high speed bursts i.e when you get a DPF warning, you will have to drive above 2500 rpm for 10-15 to clear the warning. Adblue is used on bigger capacity diesel engines like Compass, Harrier, Hector etc.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks