Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2021, 19:00   #12196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Quick question to fellow owners: what is the tire pressure that you keep on the 205/60 R16 tires for highway speeds. I used 32 on all tires this time, seemed quite ok. The label on the door says 40psi if the car has 4-5 passengers, but that seemed absurdly high to me
I don't own one but drove my FIL's ecosport from kerala to bangalore, the ride was really bumpy and we stopped half way to check it. The service guys had pumped it up to 36, we brought it down to 32(warm), the ride was good with 3 of us and some luggage on board.

The recommended pressure is not comfortable at all.
Old 17th January 2021, 19:48   #12197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Got my Lightning blue beast couple of days back from Dhruvan Ford, Chennai. Absolutely loving the butch looks of the Sports pack and has been a delight to drive.

Some pics taken during PDI along with my reliable Tiago
Hi WizSatish,

Unable to send you a PM as you are still a newbie.

I am also planning to go with Dhruvan Ford for my purchase as they are the closest to my house and also since there are no offers on the Ecosport anywhere.

I would like to know your experience in dealing with the team in this showroom.

- How transparent are they ?
- Do they keep up with their commitments ? - Any issues when you requested them to do the PDI on your own before registration?
- Are they helpful when you request financing through them with your respective/choice of bank ?

Looking forward to your response, thanks in advance.
Old 17th January 2021, 21:44   #12198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Took my new EcoSport for a drive to Hampi and back from Bangalore. Total kms clocked : 830 kms home to home. Loved riding the smooth and refined wave of torque between 1750 and 2200 rpm, did not need to rev beyond this for quick overtakes. The BS6 TDCI engine is really refined.
Some similarity.
Back in end Oct 2013, I had taken my New EcoSport TDCI to Hampi on its first long journey. The car continues to serve and amaze me everytime I take it out. Congratulations good choice. Those days the road work near Hospet was just in its initial stages.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 22:24   #12199
BHPian

Hi Shanksta,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi WizSatish,

Unable to send you a PM as you are still a newbie.

I am also planning to go with Dhruvan Ford for my purchase as they are the closest to my house and also since there are no offers on the Ecosport anywhere.

I would like to know your experience in dealing with the team in this showroom.

- How transparent are they ?
- Very. Got detailed pricelist upon first visit clearly stating insurance, accessories, extended warranty etc by my SA Mr. Aravind so you are well informed.

Had vehicle ready for test drive. Infact I made a refundable booking after the TD before going to check out the Nexon. Came back after the Nexon TD and confirmed the booking.

The Car and the showroom experience were much better than the one at Lakshmi Tata motors OMR.

Quote:
- Do they keep up with their commitments ?
- No delays encountered. Had continuous updated from Mr. Aravind on allocation, VIN details sharing etc. Delivered on the date of my wife's birthday as promised
Quote:
- Any issues when you requested them to do the PDI on your own before registration?
- Didn't have any resistance. My SA called me right after truck was unloaded and available at the dealership. Didn't drive it though but tested the AC by running the engine also.
Quote:
- Are they helpful when you request financing through them with your respective/choice of bank ?
- They have their team for finance options, but we're more than willing to support when I chose from my preferred bank outside their network. No hassles there either. Overall a pleasant experience.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 22:54   #12200
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shanksta,

- Very. ......my preferred bank outside their network. No hassles there either. Overall a pleasant experience.
Hi WizSatish,

Thank you for the quick reply ! Much appreciated!

Your reply gives me a positive feeling about the dealership. I was also sent the price list and brochure and given a detailed breakup and options by the Sales executive via Whatsapp. Contactless as per the new normal.

They were also very honest and upfront that there is no offer currently and also regarding the wait period. Only negative was TD was unavailable since I visited on Saturday(long weekend holiday due to Pongal) but they have promised to bring the vehicle to my home tomorrow for a test drive. Lets see how it goes.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 00:11   #12201
BHPian

Quote:
Hi WizSatish,

Thank you for the quick reply ! Much appreciated!

Your reply gives me a positive feeling about the dealership. I was also sent the price list and brochure and given a detailed breakup and options by the Sales executive via Whatsapp. Contactless as per the new normal.

They were also very honest and upfront that there is no offer currently and also regarding the wait period. Only negative was TD was unavailable since I visited on Saturday(long weekend holiday due to Pongal) but they have promised to bring the vehicle to my home tomorrow for a test drive. Lets see how it goes.
That's great. Read that the petrol didn't amuse you much from another thread. I loved the Diesel. Hope you would too
Old 18th January 2021, 13:56   #12202
BHPian

Yeah, 40 seems too high. I maintain 33 psi with 4 passengers including the driver.
Old 18th January 2021, 21:38   #12203
BHPian

Hello fellow owners,

I've got myself the Titanium AT version of EcoSport in Dec' 2020 and completed 1200 kms in a month's time. It was hard to find many ownership experiences of the torque converter AT equipped EcoSport. This is my first car and have a few observations. Can someone help me out if these are completely normal?

1. There is a shift feel (more like change in rpm) when going up through the gears. Would this go away with time and more kilometers up the sleeve? I noticed it mostly in lower gears only when observed keenly. I was actually keeping a track of rpm as being an AT, the rpm can raise based on the driving circumstances (like overtaking/ steep roads) and I immediately shift up through the paddle shifts to avoid higher engine revs(when I feel there isn't much need of that powerband).
2. I recently had a round trip of 700 km wherein at the end of onward trip, I was hosted by hefty traffic, where I had stopped the car in 'D' using brakes without switching to 'N' or 'P'. It went on for around 1.5 hours to cover hardly 1.5 km. I then started to notice while removing my leg off the brake pedal, there was a shudder as if the car would turn off but the car didn't stop. This happened for around 3-4 times in peak traffic. Could this be any issue as I haven't faced it again. I suspect two things here. One being the Emergency brake assist holding brakes even when I release the brake pedal as I've been holding the brakes for so long and fully depressed. The other being transmission fluid becoming hot which could've depleted the performance for a while. I've not faced this issue once I was out of traffic and halted for a while. I've driven around 400 km after experiencing the shudder and haven't noticed it again. Can experts shine their opinions on this shudder, if the same is faced even in manual cars with EBA or is it common for the brakes holding discs for long causing the shudder when getting off the pedal or could this be anything related to other mechanicals?
raiuday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 22:05   #12204
BHPian

I have a question for the owners of the new (BS6) version Ecosport.

How comfortable do you find the rear seat experience to be over bumpy roads or rough roads?

I've done long trips in my uncle's BS4 version and found the rear seat experience to be very bouncy & stiff. I do understand the stiffness helps in handling, but personally I found it to be uncomfortable. Now I want to know if the same issue is persistent with the BS6 version. Has Ford made the rear suspension softer? Is it better than the BS4 version? The new Titanium variant seems to be good VFM.

Last edited by John316_WRC : 21st January 2021 at 22:07. Reason: Added query.
Old 22nd January 2021, 09:02   #12205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post

How comfortable do you find the rear seat experience to be over bumpy roads or rough roads?
Not sure whether or how much they have tweaked rear suspension, but I just completed an 800 km trip to Hampi and back with my in laws seated on the back seat throughout, and I heard zero complaints from them. In fact they said that the car was very comfortable over long distances with good back and under-thigh support. Did not hear of any discomfort from them. Of course, most of the roads were of good surface quality on this trip.

On bad roads if driven roughly, yes it will be bouncy. But then most cars at this price point will have similar reactions when driven too fast on broken surfaces - the relatively stiffer suspension is the price to pay for great handling and body composure. I always take care to drive slowly and carefully over broken roads , hate pummelling the car through broken surfaces. Overall though, one cannot call it an uncomfortable ride at all, it is in fact a very mature ride and handling combination that the Ecosport offers. Mine is a BS-6 diesel version.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd January 2021 at 09:13.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:29   #12206
BHPian

Fellow Ecosport Owners,

I booked( (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)Link) my Ecosport Titanium Diesel today and have been quoted a waiting period of 3 months. Even thought there is a long time away to get her, I have already started day-dreaming and was also going through the accessories list my Sales Executive shared with me.

I have a query regarding the Spare wheel in the Ecosport. How safe & durable is the locking nut provided by Ford ? I ask this because I am not very keen on adding the Spare wheel cover as it kind of makes the rear look a little weird to me.

But in the interest of the spare wheel's safety, I am considering getting the cover. It is quoted at Rs.12k by the dealer including painting the cover to color match. Is this a worthwhile expenditure ?

Looking forward to your input.

Last edited by Shanksta : 23rd January 2021 at 23:34.
Old 24th January 2021, 02:10   #12207

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post

I've done long trips in my uncle's BS4 version and found the rear seat experience to be very bouncy & stiff. I do understand the stiffness helps in handling, but personally I found it to be uncomfortable. Now I want to know if the same issue is persistent with the BS6 version. Has Ford made the rear suspension softer? Is it better than the BS4 version? The new Titanium variant seems to be good VFM.
Hello, I own a BS6 Ecosport S D.

When compared to BS4 model, BS6 model comes equipped with 16 inch alloys instead of 17 inch. So you are really getting an extra chunk of rubber to absorb more shock from the earth which dramatically reduces the stiffness in theory, But in real life there is a very little difference. I'm not sure if the ride quality is better in BS6 due to the Suspension or Wheels.
Old 24th January 2021, 23:41   #12208
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Ecosport Owners,

I booked( (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)Link) my Ecosport Titanium Diesel today and have been quoted a waiting period of 3 months. Even thought there is a long time away to get her, I have already started day-dreaming and was also going through the accessories list my Sales Executive shared with me.

I have a query regarding the Spare wheel in the Ecosport. How safe & durable is the locking nut provided by Ford ? I ask this because I am not very keen on adding the Spare wheel cover as it kind of makes the rear look a little weird to me.

But in the interest of the spare wheel's safety, I am considering getting the cover. It is quoted at Rs.12k by the dealer including painting the cover to color match. Is this a worthwhile expenditure ?

Looking forward to your input.
Congrats on the booking Personally haven't tried taking the spare wheel out yet so not sure about the secure part of it. But I really like it without the cover.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 00:01   #12209
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the booking Personally haven't tried taking the spare wheel out yet so not sure about the secure part of it. But I really like it without the cover.
Thank you !

Even I like it the way it is. So I guess I will add it if it is required after living with car for a few months. I also saw a half cover that looks so much better than the full one.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-f85c317bcd4b4553b9357dca51db0313.jpeg

Source

If I end up getting it, will make the entire cover black !

Last edited by Shanksta : 25th January 2021 at 00:02.
Old 25th January 2021, 00:37   #12210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I own a Ford Ecosport petrol DCT 2017 model. I had a strange experience yesterday which I want to understand better here.

So I had to drop my father at a friend's place the other day. He drove the car till there and then got off and I got into the driver's seat to drive back home. By mistake, he took the key fob in his pocket only. I also didn't realize this and the car started normally since at that time he must have been possibly standing right next to it. And then I drove the car to my home which would be an approximate distance of 5 km or 20 minutes. Only when I parked the car in my home, did I realize that the key fob wasn't in the car and my father must have taken it.

So my question is, that shouldn't the engine immobilizer have kicked in this scenario on driving a short distance away from the key fob? Or the car should have given some warning? Or is this not how the engine immobilizer function works? Can someone drive the car away even if the key fob is not in the car?
Having a habit of forgetting smaller things, mostly when the mind is caught-up with something else, is precisely why I never wanted a car which starts and runs without the key inside it.
OT : I had once forgotten to return a hotel room key while checking out as I was in a hurry to reach the airport on time.

Here all you can do is keep an eye on the dash for the warning next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
I don't own one but drove my FIL's ecosport from kerala to bangalore, the ride was really bumpy and we stopped half way to check it. The service guys had pumped it up to 36, we brought it down to 32(warm), the ride was good with 3 of us and some luggage on board.

The recommended pressure is not comfortable at all.
The recommended is 30(cold), with 1-2 peeps onboard. When with full load and luggage, then bump it up to 34(cold).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorya Ramesh View Post
Hello, I own a BS6 Ecosport S D.

When compared to BS4 model, BS6 model comes equipped with 16 inch alloys instead of 17 inch. So you are really getting an extra chunk of rubber to absorb more shock from the earth which dramatically reduces the stiffness in theory, But in real life there is a very little difference. I'm not sure if the ride quality is better in BS6 due to the Suspension or Wheels.
The ride quality depends on the tyresize, tyre pressure and suspension. Only reducing the tyre size by 1/2 inch(radius) won't make much of a difference, rest of the factors still play their role.

Quote:
Thank you !

Even I like it the way it is. So I guess I will add it if it is required after living with car for a few months. I also saw a half cover that looks so much better than the full one.

Attachment 2112894

Source

If I end up getting it, will make the entire cover black !
I have kept the rear wheel open, its been a year now. I quite like the rough look it gives to the car. However, over a period of time, the dust begins to stick to the wheel, so if you like a spick and span looking spare, cover it.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks