Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 09:37   #4696
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Very useful, thank you for sharing. I have a couple of questions:
  • Did you have an option to skip the washer fluid and wheel alignment?
  • Also, for the WA, did you get a report? If so, could you please post it here, it'll be a useful reference to have the recommended values.
  • Ford recommends Castrol, is that the engine oil that was used?
  • What was the Rs. 100 for consumables - I hope they didn't charge you that much for the water in the washer!

Does the car feel different after the oil change? And has your idling rpm changed?

I had an option of skipping the alignment.But then, I had asked 3 popular places at Calicut for the same some time before.At that time,they didn't have the recommended values.So I thought that I'll let them do it.(anyway since you've asked for the values , I contacted the service manager and he has agreed to mail me the same.I shall send it once I get it). BTW I didn't get a report

I don't know whether they've used castrol

There was a rubber bush missing on my front right door - which was replaced.Rs 100/ for that ???

Yet to drive the car after the oil change. As soon as I do it ,I shall let you know
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 09:49   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Well, the Ecosport AT in India does not have the start stop button. For AT vehicles, usually the brake pedal is required to be depressed while starting the vehicle using start-stop.
Ok, so it's similar to what we would do for an Activa!
Old 9th October 2013, 09:52   #4698
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Which dealer? What is the booking date? AT, sure is moving slowly, but I guess the situation is not that bad that even pre-bookings are not serviced. You sure, you can trust your dealers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I had the same dilemma when I was faced with the uncertain waiting period, and the TSI Laura/Octavia were very tempting. Fortunately, my EcoSport came in, and saved me a bunch of money (and future A.S.S. headaches).
Hi Ecosport, I've booked my ES at Metro Ford Palace Grounds.
Now I spoke to my dealer yesterday. He says that they are receiving only 2-3 petrol cars per month. Out of these, 1 is automatic.
Although I've made my booking on 29th June, I am #12 in line for the AT and #8 in line for the 1.5P MT.

That turns out to be 12 months / 4 months more for AT/MT respectively !!!

So i'm totally put off seeing such endless waiting times. Whats your suggestion guys ? Also, do you think Ford might increase production of these variants in the near future? The max i can show some more patience is till end of November. After that, although I love ES to the core, I will have to start looking at other options.

Please advice.
Cheers!
Old 9th October 2013, 10:00   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post

Thanks for all your help guys. Have decided to go with the following for now

1. Michelin Primary same as the stock size. Any Idea where to get the tyres changed in Mumbai. Saifee Tyres and Bombay Tyres are close by. Any experience with either of these dealers.
2. 3D Kagu mats
3. 3D trunk mat
4. Mud Flaps

Managed to get Zero Dep insurance from HDFC ERGO for Rs 25K well below what the dealer was charging.
Hi,
Can you share what quotes you are getting for the above 4 items and from which dealer? For your information, i checked with 3D's dealer in Opera House Mumbai and he quoted Rs 6850/- for floor mats and Rs. 2800 for Boot mat. Also, got quote of Rs 9800 per tyre from Saifee and Rs 9900 per tyre from International Tyres. MRF will be bought by them at higher value (Rs 5000) than Goodyear (Rs 3500).

Please also share from where you are getting the mud flaps, Ford or EBay; and what cost?
Thanks.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 10:01   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Not sure if this has been covered earlier, query is on Start/stop. On traffic lights, I'm turing engine off by pushing Start/Stop button, which not only turns the ignition off but music system as well. Is there a way wherein only the engine stops running and music continues ?
You can still play music when ignition is turned off,
1. Press the volume button your music system will be powered on;no need to have ignition on.
2. Press the start /stop button without pressing the clutch.

Option 1 is more preferable.

Last edited by bageherath : 9th October 2013 at 10:02.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 10:47   #4701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi,
Can you share what quotes you are getting for the above 4 items and from which dealer? For your information, i checked with 3D's dealer in Opera House Mumbai and he quoted Rs 6850/- for floor mats and Rs. 2800 for Boot mat. Also, got quote of Rs 9800 per tyre from Saifee and Rs 9900 per tyre from International Tyres. MRF will be bought by them at higher value (Rs 5000) than Goodyear (Rs 3500).

Please also share from where you are getting the mud flaps, Ford or EBay; and what cost?
Thanks.
1.Original 3d with spidex technology (anti slip) are around 5800.
2.mudflaps are available both from ford and ebay, cost around the same.
3.3d trunk tray from ford is around 4500.
4.Good year got me a better resale value than my friends MRF.
5.yokos are around 9000 each.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th October 2013 at 10:48.
Old 9th October 2013, 10:53   #4702
Senior - BHPian

Have completed 1100 kms and my Ecosport has already tasted the true indian roads. The road going up to my village was an off roader's delight with big stones, potholes etc but the car did it easily.

Low speed ride is good but the stiff suspension does thud through sharp bumps, every one in the car loved the rear seat, especially the recline feature.

Attaching some pictures of the car for those still waiting for their ES, have patience guys, the car is worth it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131009_104743.png
Views: 2610
Size:  733.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131009_104846.png
Views: 2578
Size:  714.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131009_104951.png
Views: 2483
Size:  669.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131009_105100.png
Views: 2515
Size:  628.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131009_105202.png
Views: 2534
Size:  717.2 KB
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 10:56   #4703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Is the Primacy 3 the only option in Michelin or are there some other Michelin Variants that are better than the primacy.
The Primacy LC is the other Michelin you can consider. However, it is an older model, and is supposedly inferior to the newer Primacy 3 ST which is more attuned for the road conditions in India/Asia.

If you're not interested in the Primacy 3 ST, then I'd recommend you also skip the Primacy LC, and instead look to tires from Yokohoma or Continental.
Old 9th October 2013, 11:07   #4704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post

You can still play music when ignition is turned off,
1. Press the volume button your music system will be powered on;no need to have ignition on.
2. Press the start /stop button without pressing the clutch.

Option 1 is more preferable.
The question is when you switch off the vehicle the music also stops. We know that we can switch it on by pressing start stop or by pressing volume control button. We are looking for an option that when we switch off the vehicle only the engine shud stop and not the electricals.

P.S. I tried switching off the vehicle while on the move. U need to press stop button thrice in quick succession.
niks_devil666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:29   #4705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I contacted the service manager and he has agreed to mail me the same.I shall send it once I get it). BTW I didn't get a report
Thank you, I appreciate you following this up with your SA, it will help us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I don't know whether they've used castrol. Yet to drive the car after the oil change. As soon as I do it ,I shall let you know
One thing that also puzzles me in your bill is that you've been billed for a DV4 oil filter, but the 1.5 TDCi is derived from Ford's 1.6 TDCi engine (the DV6).

I'd expect the DV4 filter to be used only on the diesel Figo & Classic Fiesta, and a different filter (e.g. DV6) to be used for the 1.5 TDCi engines. I'm not trying to panic or scare you, but it would be worth confirming what oil filter is used in the 2011 diesel Fiesta.

See these 2 Wikipedia pages and 1 TBHP thread for more info:
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:39   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
P.S. I tried switching off the vehicle while on the move. U need to press stop button thrice in quick succession.
Why would you want to do that? Will you not loose steering and brake assistance while on the move?
Old 9th October 2013, 11:43   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Why would you want to do that? Will you not loose steering and brake assistance while on the move?
There was a concern some days back on the forum that what if a kid/co passenger presses the button and the car stops loosing steering and brake assistance. Even by mistake if the drivers hands hits the button the car won't stop.

P.S. I tested it in an empty closed parking lot at 5kmph .
niks_devil666 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 12:45   #4708
BHPian

So at last my time also has come. Now got a mail from Ford showroom folks that Car ahs been billed and expected delivery time is any time next week, if the Semandhra/Telungana issue settles down .. So Now I am not going to cancel my booking
Old 9th October 2013, 12:49   #4709
Senior - BHPian

The ecosport tdci is priced around inr 17 lakhs in UK.The ecoboost is as round 50k lesser.
Prices start at 15lakhs.
Lucky for us that we havee all the engine options they have.

Look at the finish of mars red, its awesome.

They also have an option of 17inch wheels.

Differences from Indian version.tit opt
1.ebd
2.coloured mid
3.tire pressure management system
4.cruise control.
5.knee airbag.
6.torino premium leather.
7.sync has phone app feature.
8.electric day night irvm.
9.availibility of yellow colour
10.gear shift advisor for optimum mileage.
11.rain sensing vipers
12.auto headlamps
13.height adjustable seat belts.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 13:15   #4710
BHPian

Questions for existing ES owners :
1. In Sync, do we have any easy MUTE option? For muting when on official conference calls etc? Currently I use headphones and these come with an easy mute/unmute option. Keen to have similar easy function in Sync as well. Please advise.
2. Any suggestions for good reverse gear audible indicators(the beep that comes when reverse gear is engaged and cautions people behind)? The usual ones are either based on bollywood songs or nursery rhymes/Bach/Beethoven classics. I feel the stately Ecosport deserves a majestic tune. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by HighwayBuddha : 9th October 2013 at 13:16.

Most Viewed