Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 16:33   #4666
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Sorry if the post is a Li'l off topic!

While I am patiently waiting for the delivery of my Ecosport, I do tend to check out other options as well in the mean time.

I had inquired about the Renault Duster RXL(O) 85PS, which costs 12.50 lakhs on-road Haryana (12.33 Lakhs + 15K for Essential pack + underbody coating) , and back then, the dealer agreed to waive off the 15K. Today, I again got a call from them and now, they're ready to offer 15K cash discount as well, which means that the car will cost around Rs.12.20 lakhs on road.

I am still waiting for some official offers from Renault for the festive season, But I would request people here to help me in deciding if the Duster at the given price is worth it, considering the wait for my Ecosport doesn't seem to end anytime soon.

Update: Got a call from another Renault dealer while typing this post, and even he is willing to offer a cash discount of 15-20K.

Last edited by Abh1nav : 8th October 2013 at 16:35.
Old 8th October 2013, 17:10   #4667

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
It will be bad if they introduce EcoSport in Taxi market so soon for the image of the vehicle.
I agree techfreak, also such a vehicle with limited seating and luggage capacity isn't exactly suited for such usage. However I do feel what this particular SA mentioned might not be the entire truth. Even if it is, I see Ecosport being used by rental agencies like Avis, Hertz as a vehicle available for 'self drive' rather than a conventional cab.
tifoso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 17:35   #4668
BHPian

Last weekend visited Lathangi Ford to enquire on the status of my booking. Had booked a Mars Red A/T prior to the price announcement.

A/Ts has been terribly slow moving from the dealership more so because of Ford's reluctance in manufacturing them - reasons vary from being export oriented to dollar effect and so on. They have managed to sell 2 A/T's till now, and thats whats been shipped to them. 2 more recieved in October but of different color.

I am simply surprised at the entire booking/logistics management at Ford. They could have forecasted wrongly in the initial batches, but even now the wait for a car booked in June is simply taking the customer for granted.

Expected date given for a car booked in June is Feb - and this is definitely not a hand crafted Rolls. But i think even this number is very optimistic looking at the fact that i am about 8th in the A/T list.

The more ford makes customers wait, more the chances of them jumping ship.
Old 8th October 2013, 17:44   #4669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Sorry if the post is a Li'l off topic!

While I am patiently waiting for the delivery of my Ecosport, I do tend to check out other options as well in the mean time.

I had inquired about the Renault Duster RXL(O) 85PS, which costs 12.50 lakhs on-road Haryana (12.33 Lakhs + 15K for Essential pack + underbody coating) , and back then, the dealer agreed to waive off the 15K. Today, I again got a call from them and now, they're ready to offer 15K cash discount as well, which means that the car will cost around Rs.12.20 lakhs on road.

I am still waiting for some official offers from Renault for the festive season, But I would request people here to help me in deciding if the Duster at the given price is worth it, considering the wait for my Ecosport doesn't seem to end anytime soon.

Update: Got a call from another Renault dealer while typing this post, and even he is willing to offer a cash discount of 15-20K.
Duster betters Ecosport in two department I. E SPACE and RIDE QUALITY. Ride quality especially on bad road and slow speed is better in Duster and space wise also it is slightly better. In all other Ecosport beats Duster flat, whether you take equipment level, driving dynamics, bling Factor and finally the price. Another big factor is availability of service centres, though it may not be a factor at all for a person from a metro but Renault service reach its a far cry in front of Ford. So in my opinion if you are not in a big hurry to get a car wait for Ecosport but finally it is what you want from the car that matters. If you need to seat 5 regularly than Duster wins but if you are a spirited driver who enjoys a sporty car Ecosport wins.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 18:18   #4670
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Last weekend visited Lathangi Ford to enquire on the status of my booking. Had booked a Mars Red A/T prior to the price announcement.

A/Ts has been terribly slow moving from the dealership more so because of Ford's reluctance in manufacturing them - reasons vary from being export oriented to dollar effect and so on. They have managed to sell 2 A/T's till now, and thats whats been shipped to them. 2 more recieved in October but of different color.

I am simply surprised at the entire booking/logistics management at Ford. They could have forecasted wrongly in the initial batches, but even now the wait for a car booked in June is simply taking the customer for granted.

Expected date given for a car booked in June is Feb - and this is definitely not a hand crafted Rolls. But i think even this number is very optimistic looking at the fact that i am about 8th in the A/T list.

The more ford makes customers wait, more the chances of them jumping ship.
You're right bro. Even I have booked my AT in June itself and there is no indication on the delivery of the vehicle whatsoever by the dealer. Being a premium segment (AT) Ford should've take more care on production of this car.
And as a matter of fact, considering that we have to wait for ages to get the delivery of this car, I might as well wait, save some more, and buy the new Octavia.
Moreover, the sad part is, Ford does'nt give a dam even one cancels the booking.
Old 8th October 2013, 18:36   #4671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
And as a matter of fact, considering that we have to wait for ages to get the delivery of this car, I might as well wait, save some more, and buy the new Octavia.
I had the same dilemma when I was faced with the uncertain waiting period, and the TSI Laura/Octavia were very tempting. Fortunately, my EcoSport came in, and saved me a bunch of money (and future A.S.S. headaches).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 18:44   #4672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
You're right bro. Even I have booked my AT in June itself and there is no indication on the delivery of the vehicle whatsoever by the dealer. Being a premium segment (AT) Ford should've take more care on production of this car.
Which dealer? What is the booking date? AT, sure is moving slowly, but I guess the situation is not that bad that even pre-bookings are not serviced. You sure, you can trust your dealers?
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 19:18   #4673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Which dealer? What is the booking date? AT, sure is moving slowly, but I guess the situation is not that bad that even pre-bookings are not serviced. You sure, you can trust your dealers?
Yes. They showed me an entire list, which more or less seemed genuine with the exact booking dates and delivery status. They even had an indication to mark out the number of followups the customers did on their bookings.

They were really having a tough time managing harassed customers - especially those who were not were not based in bangalore and were there to take deliveries. Few irate customers were speaking their minds out.

You bet on the part of looking out for newer cars. Delay in ecosport has opened a lot of interesting possibilities.

Fiat!! where is the Jeep you promised this year. Hopefully they dont overprice it << wishful thinking >>
Old 8th October 2013, 20:58   #4674
djs
BHPian

Not sure if this has been covered earlier, query is on Start/stop. On traffic lights, I'm turing engine off by pushing Start/Stop button, which not only turns the ignition off but music system as well. Is there a way wherein only the engine stops running and music continues ?
Old 8th October 2013, 21:42   #4675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
Not sure if this has been covered earlier, query is on Start/stop. On traffic lights, I'm turing engine off by pushing Start/Stop button, which not only turns the ignition off but music system as well. Is there a way wherein only the engine stops running and music continues ?
I think this issue was pointed out by early owners. Looks like this is indeed so.

I have a feeling though that this may get resolved with the removal of keyless entry and start/stop button - if the key is required to stop the engine, maybe the music will run until the key is removed, like in other cars ? Hope so. The only positive to feature removal if this happens.
Old 8th October 2013, 22:44   #4676
BHPian

Quote:
I think there is a way to play the music without starting the engine. You have to press the start/stop button without depressing the clutch; at least this is what I have seen in Grand i10. OTOH I am curious to know, how to do this in an AT, where the clutch is absent?

But as far as your query is concerned I don't think that it is possible to let the music play and stop the engine though, I am not sure.
Old 8th October 2013, 23:15   #4677
BHPian

Guys I booked my Ecosport AT on 2nd July at Riddhi Ford and after a lot of mails to ford customer care and few other head-honchos in ford below is the reply I got.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your booking Ecosports with us and we appreciate your patience. As per the booking list your position is on 18 No. and as per the allocation by ford we will be able to deliver your desire vehicle in month of Feb-Mar.

Kumud Singh
DCRC Manager
Ph:- 011-48411111, 9582949817
Riddhi Ford
B1/F8 Mohan Coperative Mathura Road
New Delhi 110044
Old 8th October 2013, 23:20   #4678
BHPian

Quote:
I think, When the same Start/Stop button is pushed once, it activates the Music player and other electrical stuff. Just like how you do the ignition On with the key.

So, once you switch off the engine at traffic signal, just push the Start stop button once without pressing the Clutch. This should solve your problem.
Old 8th October 2013, 23:21   #4679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Duster betters Ecosport in two department I. E SPACE and RIDE QUALITY. Ride quality especially on bad road and slow speed is better in Duster and space wise also it is slightly better. In all other Ecosport beats Duster flat, whether you take equipment level, driving dynamics, bling Factor and finally the price. Another big factor is availability of service centres, though it may not be a factor at all for a person from a metro but Renault service reach its a far cry in front of Ford. So in my opinion if you are not in a big hurry to get a car wait for Ecosport but finally it is what you want from the car that matters. If you need to seat 5 regularly than Duster wins but if you are a spirited driver who enjoys a sporty car Ecosport wins.
We're a family of three, with just me and my parents. The car will be driven by my dad for the most part. So,the only spirited driving will come when I take it to office at times!

Both me and my dad are convinced that Ecosport is the better choice and the price is a major factor. Still, having booked in July and still no delivery date in sight, we're forced to look out for other options! So, if Renault does give some nice offers, we might just shift to the Duster.
Old 8th October 2013, 23:28   #4680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
We're a family of three, with just me and my parents. The car will be driven by my dad for the most part. So,the only spirited driving will come when I take it to office at times!

So, if Renault does give some nice offers, we might just shift to the Duster.
I do agree the delay in deliveries has become the biggest problem in ES case. Even I myself had almost finalised on XUV just before the dealer finally called me in to inform of my allotment.

What I did was just a comparison, in no way Duster is a bad vehicle or something. In fact I feel on long journey's Duster will be better companion with its plush ride and spacious interiors.

If you really like it go ahead and enjoy.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks