Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 22:52   #3916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
The TSI is different since the gearbox engine are all imported. I'm hoping the TDI deliveries will be made faster since the engine is made locally.

Ecosport with 50k more is still a good buy,though at the previous prices it was much better.
Further, Indian market being inclined towards diesel, they would have estimated higher demand for GT TDI as compared to GT TSI and hence expect shorter waiting times. They have barely started selling TDI and the ones in stock will be available for early adopters.

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 9th September 2013 at 23:04.
Old 10th September 2013, 00:05   #3917
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Do check with the MPL guys on the pricing. The OTR price quoted by Chennai Ford is only Rs. 9.54 lakhs for 1.5D Trend. Also, it is not mandatory to take the Insurance, extended Warranty and the accessories from the dealer. What the dealer is liable to take is the Ex-Showroom price plus the registration charges.
@Jude300: Thanks for that. I've compared both the Quotes from MPL & Chennai Ford. MPL Quote includes the Seat Cover which is not included in Chennai Fords quote.
Old 10th September 2013, 00:21   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
I explained to him that if he insists on the insurance, I will take their dealership to Consumer court and make a mess of their reputation on team-bhp. There was no force from then on and I ended up saving a good 13k on the insurance.
Is it so? I spoke with the Branch Manager of the dealership. He says if I opt for insurance outside the dealership, I'll not be able to get the cashless facility for any future claims and he scares me for any future claims, I'll have to behind the insurance company (to catch hold of surveyor, to get approval for claim amount etc.,) even if it is Ford authorized insurance companies.. And If I'm okay with the deal, He wants an email confirmation from me that "for any future insurance related issues I'll be solely responsible and the dealership or service center won't take any blame on delay or approvals". With this email he will take this issue to the dealership management and provide the response from them.

Does anyone have idea about this? If we go for insurance personally from Ford authorized companies (Royal Sundaram, New India etc.,), can we still go for cash less facility? Or only if we go via dealership insurance, cashless is possible??

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th September 2013 at 15:18. Reason: fix quote
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 02:26   #3919
BHPian

Price hike seems justified just based on FX rates.

June 26th - Day of launch USD/INR was 59.66 and on Sept 6 - Day of price hike announcement 66.01 thats a 10.6% depreciation in the rupee from launch to price hike. Assuming 40% import components in the top end variant it would mean a 4.3% price hike, which is right about where the price hike is.

I am not assuming any hedging on Ford's part. Its a publicly traded (NYSE:F) company and it will do any and everything possible to meet numbers. I am sure they are getting hit by currency transalation on India revenue, which would impact their reported financials for the current quarter. This is their way to mitigate some of that revenue loss.

When it comes to the issue of pre-bookings, I am in the camp of honoring launch prices at least for the ones who pre-booked as a sign of goodwill.

I am still awaiting delivery of Silver Titanium (o) diesel from SC Ford booked on June 27th. I was told I should be receiving a call from Ford this month.

Last edited by wysiwyg25 : 10th September 2013 at 02:27.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 09:07   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Price hike seems justified just based on FX rates.

June 26th - Day of launch USD/INR was 59.66 and on Sept 6 - Day of price hike announcement 66.01 thats a 10.6% depreciation in the rupee from launch to price hike. Assuming 40% import components in the top end variant it would mean a 4.3% price hike, which is right about where the price hike is.
This method of calculating forex fluctuation effect is incorrect. For Auto makers, Bill of Material (BOM) cost is roughly 60-65% of vehicle sale price (net of excise duty), the rest comprises of sales and distribution costs, financing costs, depreciation, corporate overheads, profit margin etc. Assuming in Ford case, import content as %age of BOM is 40%, if INR depreciated by 10%, then resultant effect will be 2.4% to 2.6% reduction in profit margin (as %age of sales price net of excise duty). On the other hand, Ford India will be compensated by hedging and also export of vehicles where entire sales receipts will be in Dollar terms. Also, considering the fact that Ford already shipped 15k EcoSports in last three months, it would have already placed the orders for next 15k bookings during the last three months in which INR was depreciating almost linearly against Dollar thereby averaging out the depreciation effect to 5% and hence resultant impact of only 1.2% to 1.3% reduction in profit margin. Note that most of the import orders are through Letter of Credit (LC) which is either hedged or payout is mapped to dollar earnings.

Hence, I believe Ford is acting greedy by increasing the prices by a hefty 5%. Ford should have given price protection to at least Pre-bookings or should have made new prices applicable for new bookings after price hike announcement date. But someone also told us few years ago that "Greed is Good".

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 10th September 2013 at 09:13.
TSIched'Out is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 09:07   #3921
BHPian

Hello Folks,

VW POLO GT TDI to be launched tomorrow :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

But as I read in the posts, the cost is not gonna be pretty for the hatch . It is gonna be 8.7 Lakhs on road Delhi.

Do you think its the worth of such huge price ?
Old 10th September 2013, 10:12   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Folks,

VW POLO GT TDI to be launched tomorrow :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

But as I read in the posts, the cost is not gonna be pretty for the hatch . It is gonna be 8.7 Lakhs on road Delhi.

Do you think its the worth of such huge price ?
Why isn't vw publicising it? 8.7 lacs sounds good for a 1.6tdi vento engine with auto gear box.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:43   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Finally took delivery of my car today. Ownership report coming soon.
Hey Naveen, Congrats. Finally you got your dream colour white itself instead of Grey. Eagerly awaiting your ownership thread and tons of pictures
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 10:50   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Is it so? I spoke with the Branch Manager of the dealership. He says if I opt for insurance outside the dealership, I'll not be able to get the cashless facility for any future claims and he scares me for any future claims, I'll have to behind the insurance company (to catch hold of surveyor, to get approval for claim amount etc.,) even if it is Ford authorized insurance companies.. And If I'm okay with the deal, He wants an email confirmation from me that "for any future insurance related issues I'll be solely responsible and the dealership or service center won't take any blame on delay or approvals". With this email he will take this issue to the dealership management and provide the response from them.

Does anyone have idea about this? If we go for insurance personally from Ford authorized companies (Royal Sundaram, New India etc.,), can we still go for cash less facility? Or only if we go via dealership insurance, cashless is possible??
That is laughable nonsense from the Branch Manager! All insurance companies have cashless facility with at least one dealer in every city. Just because you buy your Ford vehicle from Dealer 'A' in a city, it does not mean that you need not take your car there for servicing or claims. Check with the insurance company where all they have cashless facility in your city. If the dealer you are buying from is included in their cashless network, there is nothing your dealer can do to prevent your claims from being processed in a timely manner. You do not need to send any emails to anybody to take you own insurance. You should mention consumer court to your dealer and be assertive.
sup? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 10:58   #3925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Why isn't vw publicising it? 8.7 lacs sounds good for a 1.6tdi vento engine with auto gear box.
A little clarification. It has a manual gear box rather an auto one.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 12:23   #3926
nmo
BHPian

I had handed over cancellation request of Ecosport 1.5 AT booked on June 26th to AVK Ford on August 30th. I was told that the cancellation request would be processed and refund cheque prepared in 3 - 4 working days. It is now over 10 calender days and the cheque is still not ready. Thinking of sending a mail to customer service @ ford keeping AVK ford's GM on the cc list. Please share any mail ids of any senior management @ Ford - GM, MD etc. if available with you. Thank you for your help in advance.
Old 10th September 2013, 12:38   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
This method of calculating forex fluctuation effect is incorrect. For Auto makers, Bill of Material (BOM) cost is roughly 60-65% of vehicle sale price (net of excise duty), the rest comprises of sales and distribution costs, financing costs, depreciation, corporate overheads, profit margin etc. Assuming in Ford case, import content as %age of BOM is 40%, if INR depreciated by 10%, then resultant effect will be 2.4% to 2.6% reduction in profit margin (as %age of sales price net of excise duty). On the other hand, Ford India will be compensated by hedging and also export of vehicles where entire sales receipts will be in Dollar terms. Also, considering the fact that Ford already shipped 15k EcoSports in last three months, it would have already placed the orders for next 15k bookings during the last three months in which INR was depreciating almost linearly against Dollar thereby averaging out the depreciation effect to 5% and hence resultant impact of only 1.2% to 1.3% reduction in profit margin. Note that most of the import orders are through Letter of Credit (LC) which is either hedged or payout is mapped to dollar earnings.

Hence, I believe Ford is acting greedy by increasing the prices by a hefty 5%. Ford should have given price protection to at least Pre-bookings or should have made new prices applicable for new bookings after price hike announcement date. But someone also told us few years ago that "Greed is Good".
I completely agree with the margin impact calculation but revenue impact would be a lot higher on FX translation at least for vehicles sold in India which clearly explains the delay in India deliveries and likely acceleration in exports.
Old 10th September 2013, 13:27   #3928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
I had handed over cancellation request of Ecosport 1.5 AT booked on June 26th to AVK Ford on August 30th. I was told that the cancellation request would be processed and refund cheque prepared in 3 - 4 working days. It is now over 10 calender days and the cheque is still not ready. Thinking of sending a mail to customer service @ ford keeping AVK ford's GM on the cc list. Please share any mail ids of any senior management @ Ford - GM, MD etc. if available with you. Thank you for your help in advance.
You can contact Ford India at custmail@ford.com, they are very responsive. You will receive an email response, and if warranted, a telephone call also.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 14:25   #3929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
That is laughable nonsense from the Branch Manager! ... ... ... You do not need to send any emails to anybody to take you own insurance. You should mention consumer court to your dealer and be assertive.
When I bought my Polo I was helped by an insurance agent to locate the vehicle I wanted, and he came with us to the showroom. A sales person told me, "You have to buy insurance from us." My reply was something like, "Rubbish, I don't have to and I am not going to." She disappeared, and nobody else brought up any such objection.

Yes, be assertive!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 14:45   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
This ain't off-topic or personal. Moreover, we would like to participate too.

What you term here as "intentionally evil" is in business world referred as smart marketing. Any new product comes with introductory prices, which gets hiked after the product becomes popular. Ford is not the first company to do it, and would not be the last. Until, customers become smart too, they have no choice but to fume.
Isn't it true that it can be termed as reasonable and "technically legitimate" marketing tactics IF we booked in advance by paying a CONSIDERATION and Ford allotted cars strictly by the booking queue whereas it becomes ILLEGAL the moment the company allots cars OUT OF TURN(since whether we pay the old rates or the new rates is directly related to our waiting time and position on the queue on 5th Sep) ? Can't we make out a case against them in consumer courts for pushing us back in the queue and thus making us suffer the new price? Just MHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks