Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 09:47   #3766
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I'm in a similar state of mind.
The Ford Ecosport was a value for money car. With this price hike, the Ecosport simply doesn't provide as much value as it did earlier. Looking at other options makes sense now. I was particularly interested in the Titanium Optional model because of the 6 airbags.
If I have to downgrade to titanium because of the price hike, I'd rather buy some other vehicle just as a mark of protest.
Dekay if you buy some other vehicle just as a mark of protest will the company pay heed to it ??
common we still know that ecosport is VFM car Price hike was bound to happen sooner than later

Last edited by anilkumar : 6th September 2013 at 09:56. Reason: detailing
Old 6th September 2013, 10:46   #3767
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India hikes prices of vehicles by up to 5%.

Quote:
However, the company did not disclose the details of the vehicles to be effected by the price hike. The company's popular model in India are Figo hatch, Fiesta sedan and the recently launched compact SUV EcoSport. The company said that the reason behind increasing the prices are consistently rising input costs as a result of macroeconomic factors such as high inflation, depreciating rupee and high interest rates.
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...to-5-11188.htm
Old 6th September 2013, 10:51   #3768
BHPian

I enquired with my SA at Metro Ford. According to him there is no protection for prebookings.

When all manufacturers are struggling to sell cars and bringing in better offers day by day, here is Ford who do not have any courtesy even to the ones who prebooked.
Yes we don't have much of a choice now in the mini SUV segment, but in a year things will change. Ecosport will have a tough time against Compact Suv's from Maruti and Hyundai for sure.
Old 6th September 2013, 10:57   #3769
BHPian

Guys here goes the updated price list of ecosport as per Ford website..

http://touch.india.ford.com/suv/ecosport/models

I had kept my option open for Ecoboost Titanium, Ecoboost Titanium (O) and Diesel Titanium, now with the price hike Diesel Titanium goes out of budget.
Had a word with my dealer. It is confirmed now that there is no provision of price protection from Ford for pre-booked customers.
It is really a bad feeling aka kind of being cheated.
But at the same time right now in this category of vehicle Ford has a monopoly and as customers we don't have much options.

Last edited by techfreak : 6th September 2013 at 10:58.
Old 6th September 2013, 11:01   #3770
Senior - BHPian

The first thing I did after reaching office was to call my dealership Noida Ford. 9.37 lakh for the Titanium option pack is a steep increase. The only reason I had booked the day the car was launched was to preempt the increase in price and get the car at what was an attractive price. If Ford does not offer protection to the people who had booked I am cancelling my booking.

The initial booking may result in Ford India not being impacted immediately. However, it leave a really bad taste in my mouth as a Ford Customer and erodes its credibility as a brand. This is nothing short of a sharp practice. Ford could have very well informed the public that the prices will be valid for the first 25 K or 50 K customers.

Waiting for the car for 10 weeks and being told that youneed to pay 5% extra is just too much.
Old 6th September 2013, 11:45   #3771
BHPian

Re: Limited Edition (India-made) Ford EcoSport announced for the UK

And why is it that India doesn't get these features/variant??
kdp95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:07   #3772
BHPian

My Ecosport ecoboost (Tit +) story:-

Booking Cheque handed over :- 10 Jun 13 ( about a week prior official commencement of pre-bookings)

Ford's incompetence of no delivery :- 26 Jun 13 to 04 Sep 13 (official launch till date)

Ford's arrogance :- 05 Sep 13 ( Price hike with no protection to pre-bookings)

Bye bye Ford :- 06 Sep 13 ( Handed over cancellation request to my dealer)

End of story ..

Ford, we have seen your rise with ecosport..will see you on your way down soon. Thanks
Moto-Mariner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:12   #3773
Senior - BHPian

Now Ford is playing with customers here.

A significant portion of the production of Ecosport produced by Ford India is for the export market and thus the disadvantage of Rupee devaluation bounces back into advantage through exports. Moving 100% of production in domestic sale will result in reducing the waiting period between 60-90 days but that is not happening. The present devaluation of Rupee has resulted in more focus on exports by most manufacturers and Ford is also sailing with the wind, who does not want to make money when there is a chance, but taking loyal customers "who made booking for the car" for a ride is not good on their part.

It is also impostant to note that the import impact is only on the components which are not localized while the export advantage is on the whole unit (car) in this case resulting in a positive impact on the profits that Ford India is making.

They are masters of this game and we have surly given them a reason to increase the price for the want of the car (the present waiting period on Ecosport). I doubt if such strategies are going to pay Ford in long run.

Welcome to the Jungle !

Last edited by i74js : 6th September 2013 at 12:25.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:18   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I'm in a similar state of mind.
The Ford Ecosport was a value for money car. With this price hike, the Ecosport simply doesn't provide as much value as it did earlier. Looking at other options makes sense now. I was particularly interested in the Titanium Optional model because of the 6 airbags.
If I have to downgrade to titanium because of the price hike, I'd rather buy some other vehicle just as a mark of protest.
I knew this price hike was going to happen given the waiting period and no price protection. I had booked it on July 1st and cancelled the booking on 6th July. I bought a Rapid TDi instead and till now the car has been very good. I would say wait with the booking and see if other small/pseudo SUVs(if its a small SUV that you are looking at) are launched and then take a decision. Good luck.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:22   #3775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I need candid opinion from Bhpians. I am currently using a 1.6 CRDI Fludic Verna SX. It is now two years old & have done 38k.

If I change my car to Ecosport Ecoboost or Diesel one, will it be a upgrade, degrade or equivalent. Only real problem in Verna for me is rear ride quality with load & low GC which is somehow manageable.

I had a very short TD of diesel Ecosport in city. No TD of Ecoboost yet. From the short TD, what I felt was:

- Convenience of higher seating position in ES.
- Power of ES in much less than Verna.
- Engine noise was more in ES.

Interior quality & FE are not big issues for me as because my usage has now comedown drastically. What I need is good ride,power (to reach 120/130 kmph easily), city driveability & quiet cabin. Since I stay at a place from where showrooms are 250 km away, Tding cars is difficult for me. Also a TD do not reveal all about a car which we want to know, reason why I could not judge poor ride of Verna. The TD of Verna was only with two persons in the car, me & the sales executive.

Would appreciate help from Bhpians, though my queries may sound out of place.

Thanks
I would not suggest selling off a 2 years car, as it lead to losing maximum on depreciation/ resale. I understand you are facing problem with the soft suspension & low ground clearance of the Verna. Hyundai had some time back replaced the suspension components of Verna on few cars, you can check on the Verna thread about the same & procedure.

A quick-fix solution could be putting rubber spacers in rear shock-absorber springs. It would lead to slight increase in ground clearance at the rear by 1-1.5 inch (~25-38 mm). But that is also dependent on the weight you have in rear, because the spacer is rubber. This can be as cheap as Rs.500/- to few thousand bucks depending on the quality of material (rubber). GTO's Civic has got same setup (refer modifications section of TBHP).

Hopefully this should help.

But, no doubt Ecosport is good choice anyway.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 12:22   #3776
BHPian

Apart from the 3 new features , isnt most of it available here mate?

The colour looks wicked though.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:24   #3777
BHPian

They will come to Indian market when the sales numbers decline.
On the other hand they had better put the regular editions in buyers hands faster, otherwise Ford has more to loose than just sales.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:39   #3778
BHPian

Ford GM said earlier that they are ready to meet customer demand. But ,they failed miserably. Now they want customers to pay 50K more for the wait. Very unfair. Leaves bad taste. I am sticking with my booking. But, unhappy though.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:49   #3779
BHPian

This price hike is a big shock for the customers who had shown faith and enthusiasm in Ford ecosport before launch and till date were waiting for their cars.

Ford India should learn a lesson or two in marketing. They are drawing huge negative publicity from this move. I understand that the economic situation has warranted this move but they must honor pre-bookings in my opinion.
Old 6th September 2013, 13:07   #3780
BHPian

I am at the dealership taking delivery of tit+ tdci and here they don't know anything about price hike. Whoever is planning to cancel his booking plz wait till the picture is clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks