Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 17:45   #3976
BHPian

If they change the specification of a car ie removing push start, then one should be able to get full refund of booking as they are delivering a product not promised at the time of booking.

To have so much going for them and then to throw it all away is just stupid on Fords part.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:49   #3977
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I guess we all have our favourite gadgets, and we don't have to agree on them, but I always thought that push-button start is way over-rated. What does it gain you? Any convenience? Anything easier? Surely not really?

Mind you, I can remember when key start was a novelty! But there was an key for ignition, and a pull-switch for the starter motor. And a starting handle under the front seat, but that is another story altogether.

But it surprises me that Ford would change it at this point. Don't they have to now change the dashboard and the steering column surround? Or did they make allowance to accommodate this already? It's expensive just to make changes on a car in production already.

Added to which, whether I like it or not, it is a popular gizmo.

Keyless entry is another matter. I'm sure that must be very useful.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:56   #3978
BHPian

Would this mean that Ford are trying to get the Titanium variant prices to pre-price rise level and just increase the price for the 'O' variant.

If that is not the case and the price rise still holds and removal of these features would be suicidal.

I think if we have a Screw-Up of the Year award poll in our forum, it'll be the Ford's think tank winning it unanimously :-)
Old 12th September 2013, 18:05   #3979
avm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I guess we all have our favourite gadgets, and we don't have to agree on them, but I always thought that push-button start is way over-rated. What does it gain you? Any convenience? Anything easier? Surely not really?

Mind you, I can remember when key start was a novelty! But there was an key for ignition, and a pull-switch for the starter motor. And a starting handle under the front seat, but that is another story altogether.

But it surprises me that Ford would change it at this point. Don't they have to now change the dashboard and the steering column surround? Or did they make allowance to accommodate this already? It's expensive just to make changes on a car in production already.

Actually, the only convenience a push button start offers is that we dont have to keep the bulky and poky keys in our pockets :P
I was in Dubai for 9 years and had a Nissan Altima with a push button start. Its a cool thing to have if it comes at no extra cost. So if Ford is offering this as a standard feature, we might as well take it.

And regarding this confusion about the push button start in the Titanium option, my SA was confused since day 1 and till date he has not been able to provide me with the accurate information regarding this feature in the Titanium model. Lack of proper information sharing perhaps !?
avm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:10   #3980
BHPian

Quote:

Push button start is needed for keyless entry to be really useful. You enter the car without touching the keys, now you don't want to fumble for the keys to start the engine, right? They key should always remain in the pocket.

My AT Titanium does not have keyless entry and push button start, but without even using it once, I am already missing it.

It is natural that people feel cheated. They can always upgrade to Titanium (O) to get those features, but the common thought process would be: "Why should I pay for 4 more useless airbags to get keyless entry/push button start"?

Last edited by ecosport : 12th September 2013 at 18:11.
ecosport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:23   #3981
BHPian

Ford is acting really cheap. If they have removed keyless entry and push button start then the prices should come down to original launch levels.
Old 12th September 2013, 18:37   #3982
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the initial success has really gone to Ford's head but what they are forgetting that all companies only enjoy this fun for a short period of time ranging from 1 year to a few months and with steps like these Ford is trying to make sure that it enjoys the shortest possible time of fun its having with its customers who booked Ecosport.

Mahindra's run started and ended with the XUV wherein dealers are now running behind me to take test drives and book, the same Renault dealer who refused to get the test drive vehicle at my residence has now brought it twice.

I kept quiet when Ford increased the prices but this attitude towards its customers is downright rude and i have no qualms in calling Ford a really cheap company, they feel as if they can do anything and the car will still sell. I can upgrade my booking to T(O) but now i have had enough with Ford India, might as well shell out the 2.5 L extra and go for XUV 500.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:43   #3983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I kept quiet when Ford increased the prices but this attitude towards its customers is downright rude and i have no qualms in calling Ford a really cheap company, they feel as if they can do anything and the car will still sell.
I agree completely. Success seems to have gone into their heads.

Quote:
I can upgrade my booking to T(O) but now i have had enough with Ford India, might as well shell out the 2.5 L extra and go for XUV 500.
I suggest you upgrade to Titanium option. With the 2 features gone for the titanium it only makes the option more VFM, with 4 additional airbags, leather seats,keyless entry,push start button and some 2 extra speakers. All this for about 50k extra, hope they don't increase prices of this variant alone now!
Old 12th September 2013, 18:47   #3984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I suggest you upgrade to Titanium option. With the 2 features gone for the titanium it only makes the option more VFM, with 4 additional airbags, leather seats,keyless entry,push start button and some 2 extra speakers. All this for about 50k extra, hope they don't increase prices of this variant alone now!
The TIT (O) is better VFM than Titanium now but my SA that if i change to Tit(O) from Tit with my color choice (mars red), this would push delivery from an already late mid Oct to even Nov or Dec. He says allocations for Tit (O) are even lesser than Titanium version, waiting till December is not an option considering i booked on 26 June, 6 months wait for a car in 2013 , i really cant wait that long.
Old 12th September 2013, 18:54   #3985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The TIT (O) is better VFM than Titanium now but my SA that if i change to Tit(O) from Tit with my color choice (mars red), this would push delivery from an already late mid Oct to even Nov or Dec. He says allocations for Tit (O) are even lesser than Titanium version, waiting till December is not an option considering i booked on 26 June, 6 months wait for a car in 2013 , i really cant wait that long.
Hmm I can understand your frustration, I booked a Tit(o) too and after wandering around, decided to stick with ES atleast for now. My car is expected only towards the end of October, so i'm prepared to wait till November mid also mainly due to lack of options. Duster is a cool 2 lakhs more and the XUV 500 will be too big for within city commutes.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:57   #3986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I always thought that push-button start is way over-rated. What does it gain you? Any convenience? Anything easier? Surely not really?
You've pretty much nailed it there - keyless entry is the truly valuable thing. I thought it was just a feature for showing off, but find its convenience truly suited for a lazy guy like me!
The start/stop button complements keyless entry - since you're anyway not pulling out your key fob to open the car, why take it out to start it. Practically, I see them as one feature with two functionalities.

I don't have a man-purse, but I can see how women would totally love these 2 features.

That said, castrating features from a variant (and at the upper end) does not leave a good taste in one's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does anybody know of the justification provided by Ford for the removal?
You know, a couple of pages ago there was speculation that a particular component was in short supply, which was hitting the top-end variants. It now seems likely that its the module that handles keyless entry & start-stop, and Ford is working around the supply crunch by using product segmentation.

Last edited by arunphilip : 12th September 2013 at 19:07. Reason: Added reply to mayankk
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:59   #3987
Distinguished - BHPian

Even though I'm not in line to buy the ES, I'm still getting frustrated by what Ford is doing. This oughta be the final straw for a lot of bookers. Brilliant Car, pathetic practices, and this coming from a fan boy!
Does anybody know of the justification provided by Ford for the removal?

Ford does not deserve the ecosport.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:15   #3988
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It is really easy for them. They just use the dash from the AT titanium which does not have push button start.

If they do this and keep the higher / raised pricing it would be a bad faith move.
Old 12th September 2013, 21:07   #3989
BHPian

Guess this seals the deal for me. I booked a titanium as I needed the roof handles. Now, if I change the booking to Titanium (O), the waiting increases to December. I am not sure if Ford is going to maintain these price levels for so long.
I guess I am being proved right- this is an evil corporate trying to get the maximum buck out of customers.

I saw a Yeti today and fell in love again If things go fine, I might make a move.
Old 12th September 2013, 21:13   #3990
BHPian

Spotted this EcoSport the other day. The black painted rims on the mars red body color looked stunning. It also had xenon or HIDs installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag1964.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag1965.jpg  

Speedophobia is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks