Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 18:39   #4021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Does anyone know if the chassis and engine number can be deducted from the 7 digit VIN number that the dealer provides?

Will the full VIN be - MAJAXXMRKAxxxxxxx ?
You're right - the first 10 letters in the VIN are constant, its the remaining 7 that uniquely identify each car.
Old 13th September 2013, 19:24   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
About 50% of all bookings are Titanium variant, while the more VFM variant, the Titanium (O), stands at about 10%. So people don't seem to think that 4 airbags and leather upholstery is not worth the 40K that is demanded.

I am not one among them, since my ecosport has 6 airbags minus the push button start. If read carefully, you would see that I was just articulating the thought process of the regular buyer.
Well the Auto has only one variant so not much of a choice there. All I am saying is if one has 40K to spare then the (O) is the one to go for and thats my thought process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Which color was booked ?

Silver
Color

Any recommendations for tire upgrades for the 16" wheels

Has anyone swapped the stocks with 215/60/R16 Yokohama/Bridgestone/Michelin

Last edited by aah78 : 13th September 2013 at 20:20. Reason: Please use the QUOTE+ button when responding to multiple quoted posts. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2013, 21:17   #4023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
........., Ford is least bothered about customer satisfaction now as they know many will still stick to the booking. Its just another East India Company Story; we are still under the control of these foriegn companies who dictate the terms. Our weak customer protection laws and deaf government are to be blamed. I doubt if this kind of behaviour will be accepted by customers / governments of a developed world.
I agree with you. However, it is us who allow ourselves to be controlled. Why cant the customers cancel the bookings and move on.

Personally, I consider this as ransom and would have cancelled my booking in such case.
Old 13th September 2013, 21:36   #4024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why cant the customers cancel the bookings and move on.
Because when we want certain products, like cars, it is more like a love affair. It is not so easy to just walk away and move on. That s particularly true of a vehicle which, for now, really doesn't have any effective competition.

If I was affected, I'd be sore. A lot of the buying pleasure would be wiped out. But I very specifically would not want anything bigger, so where would I go? Back to the ordinary hatches, or stick with what I had for another year or so and revisit the market, maybe including the Ecosport, after that.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 21:39   #4025
BHPian

Guys I read on another forum that on the titanium version, push button start/stop and key less entry has been removed. Can someone confirm this?
After increasing the price, how can a company cut down on the feature list especially without conveying the same to its customers?

Edit: Sorry went back a few pages and found that this is being discussed. but someone confirm the same.

Last edited by sansvk : 13th September 2013 at 21:43. Reason: edited
Old 13th September 2013, 21:56   #4026
BHPian

Yes it is confirmed.
Had chat today with Ford customer care as well as my dealer.
Dealer told that it will be there in all September billed vehicles but from October it will not be there in Titanium variant.
It is really bad PR from Ford but as already brought out nothing can be done.
Old 13th September 2013, 21:58   #4027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
After increasing the price, how can a company cut down on the feature list especially without conveying the same to its customers?
Every car's brochure/ad has this tiny disclaimer at the bottom -
"Specifications and features are subject to change without prior notice"

So, I guess they can.

Whether they should or not is a different question.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:38   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Silver
Color

Any recommendations for tire upgrades for the 16" wheels

Has anyone swapped the stocks with 215/60/R16 Yokohama/Bridgestone/Michelin
I would say try Yoko 215/60/R16 or 205/60/R16 Yoko tires are also fine
DB series tires are having better gradients
I did Take a look at Michelin 205/60/R16 they were good but expensive
may be you have to shell out 10 grand more for Michelin so do take a look at it once and then decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Yes it is confirmed.
Had chat today with Ford customer care as well as my dealer.
Dealer told that it will be there in all September billed vehicles but from October it will not be there in Titanium variant.
It is really bad PR from Ford but as already brought out nothing can be done.
I did speak to my SA he said Titanium variants will get 15k - 20k price cut because of deletion of those two features OTR in Bangalore for Titanium TDCi will be around 11.05L

Last edited by anilkumar : 13th September 2013 at 22:41. Reason: detailing
anilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 23:30   #4029

Price is hiked by upto Rs.50000 and now 2 essential features are deleted. Ford Ecosport is fast losing its sheen. Why would anyone want to buy Titanium (O) which has just extra leather seats, 4 more airbags and a different interior shade to get push button start and smart keyless entry?

Leather seat covers can be bought outside with more choice and better quality at maybe lesser prices.

Interior color is really not a big deal.

Who needs 4 more airbags seriously? There are still so many cars sold without airbags. There is no substitute for safe and careful driving.
Old 13th September 2013, 23:44   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I would say try Yoko 215/60/R16 or 205/60/R16 Yoko tires are also fine
DB series tires are having better gradients
I did Take a look at Michelin 205/60/R16 they were good but expensive
may be you have to shell out 10 grand more for Michelin so do take a look at it once and then decide

I did speak to my SA he said Titanium variants will get 15k - 20k price cut because of deletion of those two features OTR in Bangalore for Titanium TDCi will be around 11.05L
Hi Anil,

Hope your SA is correct about the price correction. If that is the case I would stick with my booking if not I will cancel it. Anyway I have 10-15 days to finalize my decision. Hope we will have a clear picture before that.

Regards,
Rafi

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 13th September 2013 at 23:47.
Old 13th September 2013, 23:54   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
Who needs 4 more airbags seriously? There are still so many cars sold without airbags. There is no substitute for safe and careful driving.
It's okay to justify the VFM-ness of Titanium over the Titanium (o), but my only contraction to your response lies in this statement. You never know when you might end up needing those 4 more airbags. I agree that there is no substitute to safe and careful driving, but one thing my dad always tells me: You can control yourself, but not others.

In a country where cases of drunken driving are high, and truck drivers have show no respect to others on the road, I'd rather spend an extra 50K for just those 4 airbags, leave aside the keyless entry / leather seats.

That is of course, if my budget permits. However, If I have the money, I will never hesitate to shell it out if even one safety feature gets added to the car.
Abh1nav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 00:20   #4032
BHPian

Quote:
Who needs 4 more airbags seriously?
Seriously?

This is ridiculous!

It is really sad that people think this way. Airbags save lives! Would you want to play with the lives of your family for 40k? Experts conduct extensive crash tests to see how they can make road cars safer for people like us.
You say that there is no substitute for driving carefully? Well, what if you are driving at 5kmph but a maniac crashes into you? You never know what might happen unless it does.

I urge you to stop thinking like this. BUY SAFER CARS.

The most VFM variant of the Ecosport is the Titanium (O). Period. Even if it is 50k dearer.

Last edited by DeKay : 14th September 2013 at 00:26.
DeKay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 00:35   #4033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why would anyone want to buy Titanium (O) which has just extra leather seats, 4 more airbags and a different interior shade to get push button start and smart keyless entry?
I've booked one, here's why I selected it. It was and still is the most VFM variant after Trend. Its priced 50k more and offers 4 additional airbags,leather seats,2 tweeters and now also gets keyless entry and push button start.

If a person can pay 11 lakhs,another 50k won't be much. Why then would one want to go for a 50k less variant and lose out on features worth much more than the premium asked by Ford. If not for an already over-stretched budget, I don't see any point.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 14th September 2013 at 00:37.
Old 14th September 2013, 00:56   #4034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If a person can pay 11 lakhs,another 50k won't be much.
Half-way to 12 Lakh!

It is also often the case that what a person spends on their car is the absolute maximum, down to the last Rp, that they could save or borrow. We all want the best we can get, especially as a car is a purchase that most of us live with for several years.
Old 14th September 2013, 01:02   #4035
Senior - BHPian

Please don't quote selectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is also often the case that what a person spends on their car is the absolute maximum, down to the last Rp, that they could save or borrow. We all want the best we can get, especially as a car is a purchase that most of us live with for several years.
Which is why I wrote this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
If not for an already over-stretched budget, I don't see any point.
To me however, the Titanium (o) is a more VFM buy than the Titanium, others may think differently and I respect that.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks