Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 08:51   #4771
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. 3D Kagu mats installed for 6K last night. Tire change to Michelin Primacy 3 ST coming up tomorrow.
How is the for for 3D Kagu mat ? Is it a specific one for Ecosport or same as Fiesta ?
Old 12th October 2013, 10:52   #4772

Quote:
So finally picked up my silver titanium (o) diesel from sc ford this afternoon. Car had 56kms on the odo at the time of delivery.

No accessories taken at the time of delivery since there was a 1 hour wait just to get mud flaps fitted. Just signed up for 3rd year warranty. Dealer inadvertently has included front floor mats for free. I am not complaining.

I demoed the double click boot open button functionality and the SA was amazed by it since he had no clue and started blamin ford for not advertising it.

Car drives like a breeze. Sync works as per the plan. More to come later.
Congratulations on the beauty! Hope you're having fun with it already. I booked mine towards the end of July through SC Ford and at the time he did tell me November - December as estimated delivery time. Now, I've been calling him once in 3 weeks just to check for updates and my call with them yesterday was not very pleasant.

First he tells me "Sir, I had told you Jan-Feb" I said no. Then he told me 'Sir, i will check if I forget to call you back in 1-2 hours, please call back".

Basically not only is my sales rep at SC Ford not caring, he's also acknowledging his lack of professionalism by asking me to call back because he may forget and he actually did. I may just be going there today.

Although I've booked the base petrol, we've booked two cars (Friend and I booked together). Same model, different colors. That in my opinion should stand for something.

My point to share this with you and anyone else whose booked through SC Ford is to understand how your overall experience with them was. Any uncomfortable moments? Would really appreciate your feedback.
Old 12th October 2013, 17:14   #4773
BHPian

I have a set of four 17" Chrome Alloy Wheels. I want to have them on my Black Ecosport . Will that make any difference to the driving dynamics?? is that advisable in the first place?? I spoke to a dealer in Whites road, Chennai, he's ready to take my stock alloys with tyre for 36K but quoting 52k for four Michelin 225/50/R17 tyres. Is that a good deal?? I think I'll get better price if I sell that outside.
But what 'm really worried about is I'll have a 16" wheel as my spare and in case of emergency can I use that wheel?? And will a bigger wheel base reduce my vehicle's mileage in any way??

Pls help me guys!! I'm really confused..
Old 12th October 2013, 22:43   #4774
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
I have a set of four 17" Chrome Alloy Wheels. I want to have them on my Black Ecosport . Will that make any difference to the driving dynamics?? is that advisable in the first place?? I spoke to a dealer in Whites road, Chennai, he's ready to take my stock alloys with tyre for 36K but quoting 52k for four Michelin 225/50/R17 tyres. Is that a good deal?? I think I'll get better price if I sell that outside.
But what 'm really worried about is I'll have a 16" wheel as my spare and in case of emergency can I use that wheel?? And will a bigger wheel base reduce my vehicle's mileage in any way??

Pls help me guys!! I'm really confused..
This kind of change would to some extent make your ride very hard and defeat the purpose of it being seen as an urban suv.

The spare Tyre circumference should be within 3℅ of the tyres used and you would not be able to make out the difference for short distances.prices given for 4 stock with alloys is roughly correct though you could maybe get him up to 38 or 40k.
Old 12th October 2013, 22:55   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

This kind of change would to some extent make your ride very hard and defeat the purpose of it being seen as an urban suv.

The spare Tyre circumference should be within 3℅ of the tyres used and you would not be able to make out the difference for short distances.prices given for 4 stock with alloys is roughly correct though you could maybe get him up to 38 or 40k.
Thanks for your reply ACM.
Why would the ride get stiffer with a 17" alloy? I read somewhere alrwady ford is alrwady
Old 12th October 2013, 23:09   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I have a titanium optional with leather seats and wanted to extend the driver seat arm rest sidewards so that the codriver also gets the rest (my wife is complaining)
Please help me with how we can open only the arm rest and do the extension.
Just came across this while going through ecosport accesories in Aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Front...049198353.html
Old 13th October 2013, 00:02   #4777
avm
BHPian

A question for all Titanium plus model owners - Does your seat get extremely hot given the leatherite seat covers which Ford has provided in your car?

I ask this because I;m getting my 1.5P Titanium and it has fabric seat. I'm now thinking whether or not I should opt for the Leatherite material seat cover or not. One of my friend tells me that Leatherite becomes very very hot when the car is parked and closed.

Please advice..
Old 13th October 2013, 07:52   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
A question for all Titanium plus model owners - Does your seat get extremely hot given the leatherite seat covers which Ford has provided in your car?

I ask this because I;m getting my 1.5P Titanium and it has fabric seat. I'm now thinking whether or not I should opt for the Leatherite material seat cover or not. One of my friend tells me that Leatherite becomes very very hot when the car is parked and closed.

Please advice..
My experience is that it's true. I have leatherite covers installed on my ecosport. After a while, even if the ac is on, my back starts getting sweaty. But I'be seen leatherite seat covers that have perforations on them. Maybe those work? Not sure though.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 07:54   #4779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
I have a set of four 17" Chrome Alloy Wheels. I want to have them on my Black Ecosport . Will that make any difference to the driving dynamics?? is that advisable in the first place?? I spoke to a dealer in Whites road, Chennai, he's ready to take my stock alloys with tyre for 36K but quoting 52k for four Michelin 225/50/R17 tyres.
Saw an Ecosport with this size of wheels and tires at Kodai last week. IMO they look ugly. The tires were bulging outside the body frame of the car quite prominently. It looked like one of those grotesque toy trucks with a small truck sitting on massive black wheels!
Old 13th October 2013, 09:08   #4780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Dooes'nt the Titanium(O) trim come with genuine leather seats (and not leatherlite)?

I was looking at options for upgrading as well (mine a Titanium) and was quoted around 30k by the dealer for the genuine leather seats of Titanium(O).
Old 13th October 2013, 12:44   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
So finally picked up my silver titanium (o) diesel from sc ford this afternoon. Car had 56kms on the odo at the time of delivery.

No accessories taken at the time of delivery since there was a 1 hour wait just to get mud flaps fitted. Just signed up for 3rd year warranty. Dealer inadvertently has included front floor mats for free. I am not complaining.

I demoed the double click boot open button functionality and the SA was amazed by it since he had no clue and started blamin ford for not advertising it.

Car drives like a breeze. Sync works as per the plan. More to come later.
Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out. 3D Kagu mats installed for 6K last night. Tire change to Michelin Primacy 3 ST coming up tomorrow.
Many Congrats on your new acquisition !!

Do share your experience about the dealer in details as I have also booked my ecosport tit O Diesel from SC ford and currently doing the regourous follow up with my SA and GM Mr Joseph. They have promised me delivery in month of November but I wanted it on 12th since it's my birthday.

Where did you get the 3D Kagu mats from? Also share the shop and price details about Michelin. I think Popular accessories in malad link road is a well known shop for selling quality accessories.
Old 13th October 2013, 12:50   #4782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Dooes'nt the Titanium(O) trim come with genuine leather seats (and not leatherlite)?

I was looking at options for upgrading as well (mine a Titanium) and was quoted around 30k by the dealer for the genuine leather seats of Titanium(O).
Ford made titanium (o) seat covers? Or after market? Which dealer?
Old 13th October 2013, 13:39   #4783
Distinguished - BHPian

Any trend owners onboard? Could you please share a few interior pics? Also the front grill?

Even after multiple visits to the dealership, they have been unable to show me one in flesh.
Old 13th October 2013, 17:29   #4784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Ford made titanium (o) seat covers? Or after market? Which dealer?

Its aftermarket which as i understood Lathangi orders from Saddles (already discussed in the thread). They try to make it as close as possible to the Tiitanium(O) looking seat covers (with the perforations and the red dots).
On calling Saddles directly they quoted 10k less(20k) for the same brand.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 19:19   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
How is the for for 3D Kagu mat ? Is it a specific one for Ecosport or same as Fiesta ?
Same as the fiesta but fits right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks