Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 12:39   #4921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I am using a 16gb USB drive with 2+ Gb of songs. Go to Sync settings and select USB is some subsection. It didn't work for me also for a couple of days and then I fiddled with the settings and got it to work. Don't remember exactly how off hand though.
What is the best way I can build my collection of MP3 songs legally ? I always use only CDs with MPEG format coz my City doesn't have USB. I am interested in old Hindi(60'S, 70's), tamil songs (old And new) and carnatic. All help appreciated. Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 12:45   #4922
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
What is the best way I can build my collection of MP3 songs legally ? I always use only CDs with MPEG format coz my City doesn't have USB. I am interested in old Hindi(60'S, 70's), tamil songs (old And new) and carnatic. All help appreciated. Thanks
You can use services such as:
http://www.raaga.com/channels/shop/faq.asp
to download mp3 legally & use them.

Some film studios such as Yash Raj (not sure but I had heard I think) also provide legal downloads.

For English mp3s you can use Amazon.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 13:43   #4923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
As promised earlier, few pictures of the mudflaps purchased from ebay.in for a cost of Rs 450. Did not know how to use the injection type fasteners, used to fix the flap onto the car. Finally got help from a relative and realized it was so simple to fit.

The pictures shown on ebay.in looks non-OE design. But guess the product I got is similar in design to the OE and well worth the money spent. It has the angular design and not rounded. Original one costs around Rs 1300/-

Car with mudflap
Hi Raj, Thanks for the pics. even I am planning to buy the mud flaps from ebay as i m not taking the essential accessory pack. Just one doubt. Is the colour of the mud flap of the same colour of the black cladding? Or is it a slightly darker shade?
Old 20th October 2013, 14:14   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
even I am planning to buy the mud flaps from ebay as i m not taking the essential accessory pack.
Can just the mud flaps not be taken from Ford dealer? Are they declining to provide it separately?
Old 20th October 2013, 14:54   #4925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Can just the mud flaps not be taken from Ford dealer? Are they declining to provide it separately?
They do provide it but costs Appx Rs. 1300 at the dealer vs Rs. 450 in Ebay.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 15:46   #4926
BHPian

Have been having a few issues with my Ecosport recently, would really hope someone has the answers to these problems

1. My iPhone is unable to stream music through sync. I can make/receive voice calls but the music doesn't play. Keeps asking to insert USB??

2. My wife finds the headrest angle of the front seat very uncomfortable and wants me to remove the headrest. I tried to pinch the clip and slide it upwards to remove it but it just doesn't come out? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to remove it? It makes for a funny sight with me driving and she sitting in the back wherever we go. People can't tell if I'm the chauffeur or if a we have had an argument :-)
Old 20th October 2013, 16:15   #4927
BHPian

Finally, after more than 4 months of waiting and follow-ups, took delivery of my Kinetic Blue Ecoboost Titanium on Friday.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc01040.jpg

Accessories Selected:
- Essential Pack
- Ambient Light
- Spare wheel Cover
- Car Cover
- Seat Belt Pads (was misled into taking because of the snaps, the ones i got look like orthopaedic bandages)
- Individual Pack (Pending due to no stock)

Aftermarket fitments and upgrades:
- Car came shod with MRFs. Got them changed to Yokohama DB ES501 from Tyre Empire HSR and got a good deal (Thanks to fellow BHPian - DJS)
- Visited the Saddles workshop in BTM lake road for the seat covers and spoke to Mr Suresh who seemed a nice person giving his suggestions on what would look good. Had reached in the afternoon (around 2 pm, late after the tyre change) and Mr Suresh said the work takes a complete day and hence i need to come back some other day. The workshop is 3 storeys with many workers stitching seat covers. Was shown a sample of the leather which will be used for the seat covers. Will visit them again in the coming weekend.
- Few ornamental accessories (like silicon key covers, ignition switch cover and mat sets) from Aliexpress
- DRLs (when they become slightly more affordable and locally available in Bangalore)

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc01045.jpg

Puja done and went for a 50 km drive on NICE Road on Friday night. Here are some quick observations of the car.

- Great commanding view. Mind you i am moving from an esteem to an EcoSport. No longer do i have to raise my hand to reach the toll gate window for purchasing toll passes.
- Difficult to go over speed-breakers in 2nd gear. Have to downshift to 1st especially if you have 4-5 persons on board.
- The driver power window switches are placed too ahead.
- Wifey who sits in the rear seat with my 3 month old son has started complaining of unsettling ride when i don't slow down completely over potholes. The effect is lesser in the front row and i believe we feel it because we are coming from sedan territory.
- Stock headlights weak for highways.
- Touched 100 Km/h with ease without realising how much am doing (and slowed down immediately, will wait for the engine to properly run-in)

A detailed ownership review with the process of ownership/dealership experience (the lesser said the better) and more about the vehicle will be follow as soon as time (read my 3 month old son and my 3 day old EcoSport) permits.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd October 2013 at 15:58. Reason: Typos
JollyPope is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 16:31   #4928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
Have been having a few issues with my Ecosport recently, would really hope someone has the answers to these problems

1. My iPhone is unable to stream music through sync. I can make/receive voice calls but the music doesn't play. Keeps asking to insert USB??
AUX has three source - BT Audio, Line In and USB. I feel the last Aux source remembered by SYNC is USB. Try pressing the AUX button again and see if it switches to BT Audio.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 19:02   #4929
BHPian

Hello friends!

I know it's been discussed many a times earlier in this thread, and I'm sorry for asking this question again but whats the best headlight for ecosport?? So many people have chosen so many different kind of bulbs but what actually is the best of 'em all?? Apparently the stock headlights are really not sufficient for highways and i too had a horrible time driving with them. I dont wanna go for any expensive alternatives, so pls suggest me something which is "cheap and best"
Thanks.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:44   #4930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
You can rip all your CDs to good quality MP3 and move them to a nice MP3 player. You should have an Aux-In on your city if not a USB. An Aux-In cable connecting the MP3 player to the car should suffice. If you also dont have an Auxiliary input, then I don't think there is an option.

My be buy one of the FM transmitters and connect to the car via its FM.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 21:43   #4931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
As tech freak has said the dealer provided ones are almost the same as what raj has bought. Why pay through the nose for the same product? That's why I have decided to buy it from eBay. There are lot more options in eBay now. Also these are things that don't void warranty. So you can take the after market.
Old 21st October 2013, 00:15   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear all,

Beware, autogully person copied the picture of my friends car which I previously posted on page 12 of my thread.

Those pictures were taken by my camera and work for all 4 cars was done by Mr.Srinivas gopal of satya gopal auto.
I remember a fellow BHPian had forwarded the snap from your ownership thread to the autogully person asking if he could do a similar job and asking a quote.
That he would post the same photo claiming that the mod is done by him is simply outrageous.
Old 21st October 2013, 01:29   #4933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post

I tried to pinch the clip and slide it upwards to remove it but it just doesn't come out? Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to remove it? :-)
I personally feel the head restraints are very comfortable.

Please notice there is a pinhole on one side of the plastic clips which sits around the hole for head restraints.You have to insert a salety pin or equivalent into that hole and the lock is released aftdr which you can pull them out.

This is a safety feature so that people dont ,casually remove the head restraints as it can fatally injure the spine in case of a rear collision.

I urge you not to remove them and ask her to get adjusted as it is not safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello friends!

I know it's been discussed many a times earlier in this thread, and I'm sorry for asking this question again but whats the best headlight for ecosport??? Apparently the stock headlights are really not sufficient for highways and i too had a horrible time driving with them. I dont wanna go for any expensive alternatives, so pls suggest me something which is "cheap and best"
Thanks.

Never install any light which is more than 5200k.It might look good but will not give any usable light.
See the attached picture , the right side bulb is 4300k and the left is 6000k, observe the detaling on the wall for difference in clarity.both. ulbs are of the same make.

Ecosports standard wattage is 55/60w, always advisable not to exceed it.

Option 1.
1.The best lighting is of course installing projectors with 35w hid kits, there is atleast 300 to 400 percent perceivable increase in light output without effecting the warranty.Will not effect the oncoming traffic.With use of projectors both width and throw of light are substantially enhanced, only disadvantage is the price(18k to25k depending on quality) but I think it is totally worth it if you are a night rider like me

Option 2.
1.HID kit( 35w) installation without projector is a very bad idea as it will severly effect the oncoming traffic and also creates patches of bright light as the reflector is designed for halogen use.
Also when you are using the high beam the near vision is totally compromised.
(8k to 10k)

Option 3.
1.Hella powerlight 55 /60w has the biggest h4 bulb size and gives the best lighting when compared to philips extreme vision or osram night breaker.
The light output is increased by 20 to 30 percent.
Will not effect warranty and the oncoming traffic. (INR 900 to 1200)

Option 4.
1.Install 100/90w bulbs with the philips cut out so that it will not load the combination switch.Light output is increased by 50 to 80 percent.
Will void warrenty and severely effect on coming traffic(inr 1000 to 2000).

Option5.
1.Installing 55w HID kit both in projectors and directly is illegal as it is for offroad use only.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131015122737.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20130813020844.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 21st October 2013 at 01:32.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 07:44   #4934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My brother in law bought an ecoboost petrol hoping that he will get a mileage of 14 to 15 against Ford's claimed 18 kmpl . However, his mileage has been hovering between 10 and 11.5 kmpl. His car has doen 2500 kilometers until now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauncolaco View Post
I too have booked an Ecoboost hoping to get an average mileage of atleast 13-14. Ecoboost owners can update us on FE.
I've an EcoBoost with 1400 km/L on the clock. I intentionally didn't check mileage on my first tankful, got 10.5 km/L on my second, 11 km/L on my third and now the MID reads 11.3 km/L.

I intend to ask for a paid oil change at the first service in about 2 weeks time.

Excerpt from my ownership review:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Brief update on mileage:
  • Last tankful-to-tankful check was 11 km/L, MID showed the same.
  • Latest MID reading is 11.3 km/L.

So this shows a clear increase in mileage since the last check I made which was 10.5 km/L.

Note - 100% city driving with AC on at 22.5°C and idling at traffic signals. 1400 kms on the odometer.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 08:40   #4935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hi Raj, Thanks for the pics. even I am planning to buy the mud flaps from ebay as i m not taking the essential accessory pack. Just one doubt. Is the colour of the mud flap of the same colour of the black cladding? Or is it a slightly darker shade?
Hi Jude, the colour of the mud flap matches the black cladding. It does not stand apart when viewed. Hence easily matches the OEM in colour aspect too.
raj84 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks