Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 16:58   #4831
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Yesterday on my way back from Coimbatore, I saw a left hand drive Ecosport (Grey color) between Coimbatore-Salem highway, its with TC plate.

I was doing 120 and this car zoom past me, i guess the speed should be anyways upwards of 150 km/h. Due to truck traffic in front, it got slowed down but regain its speed in no time. Amazing pickup for sure. I guess its a 2.0 ecoboost, which has been spotted before, though I'm not sure since i couldn't notice any badge (ecoboost, TDCI, 2.0 etc) on it.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:39   #4832
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Yesterday on my way back from Coimbatore, I saw a left hand drive Ecosport (Grey color) between Coimbatore-Salem highway, its with TC plate.

I was doing 120 and this car zoom past me, i guess the speed should be anyways upwards of 150 km/h. Due to truck traffic in front, it got slowed down but regain its speed in no time. Amazing pickup for sure. I guess its a 2.0 ecoboost, which has been spotted before, though I'm not sure since i couldn't notice any badge (ecoboost, TDCI, 2.0 etc) on it.
It could be a 2.0 or just an EcoBoost. 2.0 EcoBoost hasn't been plonked in the EcoSport yet. 240Hp is a bit too much for this car!!
Old 16th October 2013, 18:53   #4833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

It could be a 2.0 or just an EcoBoost. 2.0 EcoBoost hasn't been plonked in the EcoSport yet. 240Hp is a bit too much for this car!!
It may be a1.6 Ecoboost which is there in Ford's stable.
Old 16th October 2013, 18:56   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
According to the below source here, there is a 2.0 mill running under the hood of ecosport
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-ec...ted-coimbatore
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 22:01   #4835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

According to the below source here, there is a 2.0 mill running under the hood of ecosport
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-ec...ted-coimbatore
Yes, all of us had seen that. All I said was that the 2.0 is not an ecoboost, just a regular 2.0L engine
Old 16th October 2013, 22:31   #4836
Senior - BHPian

Anybody in here have fitted an Ecosport with Accessory Light i.e say a Hella 500FF or Hella Black Magic? I have seen couple of Duster's fitted with these but not an Ecosport yet. Tips on how/where to fit would be helpful.

BTW 1300 KM Update:
1.Mighty impressed with Ground Clearance(GC)/Suspension. Now i am able to keep up with Bolero's/Scorpio's on bad roads.
2.329.1 KM on Highway needed 16.05 Litres of Diesel. This was tank full to tank full method. Though i guess the car should have had 2-3 Litres more since second time the Fuel meter was a little below full mark even after auto cut off. I am satisfied with FE. The figures look similar to Vento/Figo. BTW in 329 KM, for almost 40KM the road is non-existent with car hardly moving past 3rd gear.
3. Every time i end up opening rear windows instead of front. Thanks to peculiar positioning of power window switches.
4.I will call it a track SUV(not car),easily the best cornering SUV.However not comparable with a car and ideally not fair comparison as well given the dimensions/GC.
5.SYNC is good but can live without it. I find the Push button/keyless entry more useful.
6.My colleagues/friends found the car quite spacious. Better than hatchbacks and comparable with C-Segment sedans. I +1 this.
7.The steering is no way similar to Hyundai. Definitely not like I20/I10. I completely disagree with Ecosport having Hyundai like steering wheel response.
8. Ecosport is loaded with features-agree, but doesn't set the benchmark.Features like Auto headlamp/wipers/mirror folding, One touch up/down for all windows,Rear fog lamps,DRL's,cruise control are missing which are already present in similar priced cars and absent in Ecosport.
9.The rear wiper by default runs in intermittent mode. Front and rear wipers do their duty well.
10.The engine is super silent by Diesel standards. Finally a car that sounds like car is at home after a long time .

Some of the things i am yet to figure out:
1.The steering does get locked. But not sure how exactly.
2.The door does not get locked automatically. Still wondering if i am missing something.

Issues so far:
1. The gear doesn't slot into 3rd with ease if downshifted from 5th.
2. The black strip running through the car has already started showing its true colors. Thinking of giving it a matte black paint job at a later point of time.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 22:49   #4837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, all of us had seen that. All I said was that the 2.0 is not an ecoboost, just a regular 2.0L engine
Correct. For instance, Brazil gets a 2.0 liter naturally aspirated petrol engine from the Duratec family; and they use LHD.
Old 16th October 2013, 23:50   #4838
Senior - BHPian

Since the 3 months deadline to deliver my Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) Chill Metallic elapsed on 30th September, I've been continuously calling up Ford and the pressure seems to have build up on the dealership, Riddhi Ford, Delhi. Got a call from Ms. Kumud yesterday asking if I would like to change the colour to which I flatly refused and added that you first make the customer wait for 3 months and then have the audacity to ask me to compromise on my choice of colour.

To add to the misery, even Ford India Customer Care is a BIG thumbs down. It's very hard to get through the person handling your case and at times, it even takes 2 days. The dealership has done enough to trouble me all this long, they weren't bothered at all until Ford intervened.

To add further, these chaps had booked Titanium and not Titanium (O), this was told to me by Ford Customer Care last week and then called up Mr. Ahuja at Riddhi Ford last Saturday who confirmed the goof-up and changed it to Titanium (O). I've been told to wait till this month's end!
Old 17th October 2013, 09:08   #4839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
2.The door does not get locked automatically. Still wondering if i am missing something.
When you reach 20km/hr, the doors get locked automatically. Just check it.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:34   #4840
avm
BHPian

Hi guys,
I just bought the STAR 3D mats online for the Ecosport.
Anyone using this? whats the experience ?
Old 17th October 2013, 10:03   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Check on ebay. There are a lot of ecosport related accessories available.

eg: LED scuff plates:
http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40
Thanks.
Had already been looking online and purchased some ornamental stuff for my ecosport from aliexpress as well.
Was slightly concerned about fitting aftermarket electrical stuff without having the recommendation of fellow bhpians.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:13   #4842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

BTW 1300 KM Update:
1.2.329.1 KM on Highway needed 16.05 Litres of Diesel. This was tank full to tank full method. Though i guess the car should have had 2-3 Litres more since second time the Fuel meter was a little below full mark even after auto cut off. I am satisfied with FE. The figures look similar to Vento/Figo.
2.The steering does get locked. But not sure how exactly.
3.The door does not get locked automatically. Still wondering if i am missing something.

Issues so far:
4. The gear doesn't slot into 3rd with ease if downshifted from 5th.
5. The black strip running through the car has already started showing its true colors. Thinking of giving it a matte black paint job at a later point of time.
Dear PrideRed,

1.please donot rely on FE figures till you cross the 4500km.

2.the keyless entry models are equipped with electronic steering wheel lock, after switching off the engine turn the wheel left and then right by 4 to 6 inches it will automatically get locked.

3.may be the function is accidentally factory disabled in your car, contact dealer and he will immediately enable it or you can do it yourself.Posting a picture for the procedure.

4.next time you try that,please deliberately check for the full clutch press, if it still doesnt solve the problem contact dealer.

5.what do you mean by true colours? Faded? Or dulled?do you park it a lot in sun?
Try try plastic restoration wax from wurth, it works
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20131017102025.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 17th October 2013 at 10:24.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 10:33   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm View Post
Hi guys,
I just bought the STAR 3D mats online for the Ecosport.
Anyone using this? whats the experience ?
I don't have an ecosport, but have the star 3D mats on my I20. There are ok but they tend to keep moving up and down. See if you can get 3D Kagu ones. They are much better.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 11:01   #4844
BHPian

On the brink of cancelling my Ecosport booking. I have called Ford's customer care and no response, nothing encouraging from the dealer's end as well. Also, I don't think it's worth it to go to the showroom each week, shout at folks over there and ultimately spoil my weekend!

While I am disappointed a bit, still I don't blame Ford completely for this, as it isn't the only company behaving in this manner. Every manufacturer with a mass-success model in their hands behaves in such a way (Swift, Duster, XUV 500 to name a few). Its just that some companies manage to cope-up with the demand-supply pressure better.

Moving over to the Renault Duster 85 RXL (O). Some nice discounts are on offer at present and since Renault's "Ecosport-moment" ended a few months back, I'm getting a much better treatment at their dealerships.

With the festive mood setting in, I want my new car to bring great joy and happiness in the family!

I wish all the best to those who are about to receive their Ecosport in the coming weeks, while to those of you still have a long wait ahead, i suggest you make the most out of this time and re-think your needs and priorities and then decide to continue the wait or switch over.

P.S. I will place the cancellation request with the dealership this weekend, but I am not willing to pay the 3K as cancellation charges. Two points i will fight on:

- Though on my booking form, the delivery was mentioned within 6-7 months, but even that is being overshot.

- I had booked the Ecopsort on the older price and since those conditions have changed after booking, I'm not liable to pay any cancellation charge.

I hope this goes smooth and they don't force me to create a big issue out of this. Still, I think I might be ready for a FINAL FIGHT!

Last edited by Abh1nav : 17th October 2013 at 11:03.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:04   #4845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
So would the Automatic variant then come with Ecoboost engine unlike the current 1.5 Petrol?
Not sure, didn't ask him about it. If the news is indeed true then I guess they might just stop the AT altogether - due to the very less demand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks