Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 08:54   #5581
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi,

Can anyone give a break up of various accessory packs? Which items and and approx price?
Old 17th November 2013, 10:06   #5582
BHPian

A pic from recent Hyderabad trip

Name:  ForumRunner_20131117_100121.png
Views: 3014
Size:  396.2 KB
niks_devil666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 10:29   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
A pic from recent Hyderabad trip

Attachment 1167520
Very nice Niks
Old 17th November 2013, 11:37   #5584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
I had booked my 1.5 P MT Tit Mars Red on 30th June. Metro Ford St.Mark's road had written on the payment receipt a waiting period of 4-6 months. Recently when I enquired the sales guy said it would come only in May 2014. On creating an uproar with Ford India and the dealership and going there today for the first time since booking, they gave in writing that delivery would be in February 2014.
Interesting, I was refused by dealers in Mumbai when I wanted to book the 1.5P MT variant of Ecosport in June. Told me Ford had was overbooked with Diesel & Ecoboost orders. Guess they want to push these for higher margins. Then I decided to wait & watch.
Old 17th November 2013, 12:10   #5585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi,

Can anyone give a break up of various accessory packs? Which items and and approx price?
Somebody here had shared pricelist of accessories earlier. Google will also help you find the list.One thing i would suggest you is check with different dealers.This is because prices vary across dealers.
I have below in my car
Front applique-4800+labour
Rear Appliqque-3800+labour
Cross bars-4100+labour

Labour charges is negotiable and vary to great extent across dealers.
If the dealer lets you,you can just buy the parts,and fit by yourself.This should save you a cool 1-2k.
Old 17th November 2013, 13:19   #5586
BHPian

Since the engine is new and not fully run-in as yet, the mileage which you are getting now will improve over a period of time. After the second service also there will be an improvement in mileage.

IMO, when you have such a fantastic car, you should enjoy the drive more, instead of worrying about the mileage(I am no AMBANI either) Don't calculate the milage at every tank-up. That way you will enjoy the car more. A mileage of 1-2 kms here n there will not make much of a difference when you calculate the average cost of running per km.
Old 17th November 2013, 17:29   #5587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Somebody here had shared pricelist of accessories earlier. Google will also help you find the list.One thing i would suggest you is check with different dealers.This is because prices vary across dealers.
I have below in my car
Front applique-4800+labour
Rear Appliqque-3800+labour
Cross bars-4100+labour

Labour charges is negotiable and vary to great extent across dealers.
If the dealer lets you,you can just buy the parts,and fit by yourself.This should save you a cool 1-2k.
Hey PrideRed,

Thanks for the info but I wanted to ask which all accessories are clubbed under different packs and what what is the cost of the pack. IMO the accessories as a pack are way cheaper.
Old 17th November 2013, 17:42   #5588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I wanted to ask which all accessories are clubbed under different packs and what what is the cost of the pack. IMO the accessories as a pack are way cheaper.
Some member here had posted this pricelist (I dont remember who). I had it with me. Attaching again.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Ecosports Accessories PRICE LIST.xlsx (80.1 KB, 487 views)
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 18:27   #5589
BHPian

Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.

The misting is too bad that I hardly can see anything outside. It is better when it is raining but once the rain stops and we turn off the wipers the misting happens like what you see below on the outside of the windshield. I ll have to keep the wiper turned on even though its not raining. It happens so quick that I can't even turn the wiper to intermittent mode. I have tried various blower directions and set various cooling levels. But yet, I am not able to get rid of this.

Wipers blades:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
Old 17th November 2013, 18:28   #5590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Hi Guys,

My ES Tit D is giving me a mileage of 13-13.5 in city as per the odo and I believe it having done some rough calculations of my own. I have till now done only 650 kms. I had reset it last time at 450 kms. My average speed has been 25 km/hr. I know that the mileage will improve later but I feel right now it is almost 9 points less than the claimed number.

My travel route is Domlur through Old Airport Road to CGI. This is a jam packed area.

I am hoping it will atleast give me 16-17 once the engine opens up.

P.S. - I am a very sedate driver. I used to manage even 12/13 km/l with my Santro in Bangalore heavy traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I am also having same issue. If I drive really sedate then I get 16-17 in city. But its really boring that way. The way I wish to drive I get 14 in city. Highways am not able to get more than 15. You just need to feather the throttle to get a good mileage .
Since the engine is new and not fully run-in as yet, the mileage which you are getting now will improve over a period of time. After the second service also there will be an improvement in mileage.

IMO, when you have such a fantastic car, you should enjoy the drive, instead of worrying about the mileage(I am no AMBANI either) Don't calculate the milage at every tank-up. That way you will enjoy the car more. A mileage of 1-2 kms here n there will not make much of a difference when you calculate the average cost of running per km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.

The misting is too bad that I hardly can see anything outside. It is better when it is raining but once the rain stops and we turn off the wipers the misting happens like what you see below on the outside of the windshield. I ll have to keep the wiper turned on even though its not raining. It happens so quick that I can't even turn the wiper to intermittent mode. I have tried various blower directions and set various cooling levels. But yet, I am not able to get rid of this.

Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
You should try setting the blower at minimum possible speed with the blower in front only direction and the temperate should be kept a bit higher(means less cooling). IMO this should help you get rid of the misting.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th November 2013 at 19:51. Reason: back to back posts
Old 17th November 2013, 19:47   #5591
BHPian

Quote:

You will notice from passenger side windshield that the misting is on the outside. This means condensation due to the temp inside and high humidity outside. You will have to cut off the AC or atleast ensure it is not directed towards the windshield.

If the visibility gets worse in oncoming headlight glare, then the problem is salt deposits on the windshield just after the rain. Solution is to clean the windshield with white fruit vinegar (directly or mixed with some water). Clean the windshield with this and you will have zero 'glazing' on the glass. Usually lasts for 4-5 days. I carry a small spray of this mixture in my car and many colleagues have benefited during the rains. There were times when I could not can't see anything and using the wipers actually made the stuff stick more to the glass- till I discovered vinegar.
Srinivas C is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 20:30   #5592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Not entirely true. The current generation Ecosport production started only in 2012 for Brazil. The 2003 Ecosport was developed on a different platform altogether.

Are you sure the extended warranty covers most electrical and mechanical parts? As per my dealer, it covers only the Engine and the Gearbox.
Ford Extended Warranty is pretty comprehensive and the parts are relatively expensive ( compared to MSIL) and a tad more prone to failure ( I have had 3 warranty claims in less than 2 and a half years and will be going in for the 4th one when I go for the service next week ) . It makes sense for the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.( the AC though a chiller is known to fail pretty frequently on the Figo and the Fiesta ( has happened with me twice).
Old 17th November 2013, 20:36   #5593
Senior - BHPian

Gear Lock for Ecosport is finally in the market by Autocop but it's a U Type one (External) and not Pin-Type. Have been told that the Gearbox has a lot of Wires hence, no Pin Type Gear Lock will be Available.

By the way, got Star 3D Car Mats from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi (Importers of HR/ HRS Alloy Wheels) and ordered Number Plate Frame! The Mat is same for Fiesta as well.

Last edited by tsk13 : 17th November 2013 at 20:41.
tsk13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 21:58   #5594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Gear Lock for Ecosport is finally in the market by Autocop but it's a U Type one (External) and not Pin-Type. Have been told that the Gearbox has a lot of Wires hence, no Pin Type Gear Lock will be Available.

By the way, got Star 3D Car Mats from Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi (Importers of HR/ HRS Alloy Wheels) and ordered Number Plate Frame! The Mat is same for Fiesta as well.
Can you please share the price for the mats?
Old 17th November 2013, 22:01   #5595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
1. Change wiper blades.

2. Clean the windshield and rub off oily layer, if any.

3. Use blower.

One of these will solve the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks