Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 12:44   #5626

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
1)You can manually reduce the blower speed by turning down the fan's speed control Knob located on the left side. 2)As Johannskaria rightly said below 6000k is within the lumen limit ,pan India.
What about the projector head lights with DRLs that are made by Mr.Srinivas Gopal?
Do these come within the lumen limit?
Is there no way one can restrict the blower speed without decreasing the temperature, b'coz, it is quite irritating.
Good to see Ecosportrules back. Was on some holiday or what?
Old 20th November 2013, 12:52   #5627
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
You will notice from passenger side windshield that the misting is on the outside. This means condensation due to the temp inside and high humidity outside. You will have to cut off the AC or atleast ensure it is not directed towards the windshield.

If the visibility gets worse in oncoming headlight glare, then the problem is salt deposits on the windshield just after the rain. Solution is to clean the windshield with white fruit vinegar (directly or mixed with some water). Clean the windshield with this and you will have zero 'glazing' on the glass. Usually lasts for 4-5 days. I carry a small spray of this mixture in my car and many colleagues have benefited during the rains. There were times when I could not can't see anything and using the wipers actually made the stuff stick more to the glass- till I discovered vinegar.
If the misting is from the inside, what I usually do in my current car is to turn the a/c vent upwards towards the windshield, this immediately reduces the mist. Also, I try to keep my chin down a bit and lean back on my seat so that my exhaled breath doesn't go towards the windshield... just my two cents.

if it is on the outside, the above as suggested will help.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:09   #5628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello friends.
Pardon my ignorance but does ecosport titanium tdci come with an engine temprature gauge??
The answer is NO - atleast in my car. Not sure if the 'pre price increase' version had it.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:30   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am Quoting my full previous post as I have some more to add to it on a similar context.

A couple of days back I made a single day return trip to Surat from Mumbai.

This drive was different compared to the previous one. I will repeat that mine is the petrol AT

1) This time I was alone and drove at about 95-105 kmph (Though the average speed was around 60kmph only for the entire trip as is the case when one spends a good time in the city and behind traffic). (It felt safe and sedate overall even at the mentioned highways speeds) (In the previous trip the speeds reached were higher on a consistent basis and that too with a fully loaded vehicle) through most of the highway. The City driving component would probably be a total of about 15% for the two ends.

2) FE - 14.5 - 550kms - Single day trip. I was attending a funeral so the mood was quite sombre I guess. (relatively in my previous trip of 850kms in a single day with 4.5 person in the vehicle and lots of luggage I had got a FE of about 11 as I drove really aggressively that day to covers the whole lot of kms.)

3) I feel confident an average speed of about 80 instead of 95-105 would probably get me a FE of 16-17 (hypothetical) and 60 even more.

4) On highways when there was a bit of traffic that slowed me down to say 60kmph (negotiating trucks) I found the FE to go up.

5) In my case I did not find the engine to get freed up after 2500 kms but have felt a difference after my fully loaded trip to Gujarat at about 6000kms. Now the engine seems more responsive. Also an observation was that the engine did not feel that sluggish even when the vehicle was fully loaded and it was only when I drove later alone that I felt the vehicle to be much more responsive.

The objective of mentioning speeds above is not to show how fast or slow I drive but to explain how speeds sensitive the vehicle fuel efficiency can be to speeds and load, yet if this too breaks the regulations would request the mods to delete the speeds mentioned.

6) If one is loading the vehicle with accessories then FE will also surely be hit if the accessories are heavy (like metal bull bars, rear bumpers and heavy side steps - none of which are recommended).

7) I drive on highways with lights on (fogs with parking lights or Low beams) even in the day time. It in my view aids in making the vehicle more visible to oncoming traffic a bit like DRLs and hence miss them. This does impact FE by a few points for sure. I had noticed this in the Aria where the current FE was given in decimals and lights tended to have a 0.4 kmpl impact as per the Aria MID. It should be something similar in the EcoSport as well.
Thanks ACM for the good info!

Can you please tell us what mileage are you getting in day to day city commute? Also how easy is the AT box to drive in back to back traffic? and while overtaking?
Old 20th November 2013, 15:55   #5630

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
1)You can manually reduce the blower speed by turning down the fan's speed control Knob located on the left side. 2)As Johannskaria rightly said below 6000k is within the lumen limit ,pan India.
Regarding the interior lighting I would like to know whether the existing one is the 53 capless bulb holder, because I am sourcing theT10 bulb from another town and I have to be doubly sure before he sends it,and what was the cost of the same?
Old 20th November 2013, 16:30   #5631
BHPian

Is it just me, or after seeing several Ecosports on the road, it kind of looks like a jacked up Figo, from angles wherein the rear mounted wheel is not visible...?

Note that I really loved it when it first came up. I still like the design to some extent and am looking forward to more mini-SUVs.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:55   #5632
Senior - BHPian

The EcoSport looks smashing when seen alone, but in the company of traffic, it guessed lost. It's like the short and pretty Bollywood Heroines
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 17:47   #5633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Thanks ACM for the good info!

Can you please tell us what mileage are you getting in day to day city commute? Also how easy is the AT box to drive in back to back traffic? and while overtaking?
My two cents although its only been a week and 100 odd Km with my Ecosport AT (white).

The MID shows average FE of 6.2 Kmpl because of large idling and short distances traveled so far in Mumbai traffic. Initially I felt happy as MID showed 13, but then I realized, it was showing average speed. Anyways correct FE will be known only after a few thousand Km.

On your other question, have been driving very sedately due to the running in period, but find the pick-up at any speed to be better than my Getz (1.3L) even in D mode. The gear box downshifts if you sharply depress the accelerator, and doesn't upshift till you ease off the gas pedal. While accelerating I have to ease off the pressure when the RPM is touching 2500 to force it to upshift. On one occasion it went upto 4000 RPM in D mode during an overtaking manoeuvre.

It seems to respond well to various throttle inputs. So, I guess its a learning experience on how to control the gearbox, something similar to learning to control a horse.
Old 20th November 2013, 18:53   #5634
BHPian

Finally my Snow-White(White EcoBoost) Tit (O) has arrived. It has been a long wait fron 22 Jun to Nov, almost 6 months.
But forgot it all after driving her, I had booked EcoBoost without having a test drive as I wanted a powerful petrol. ( Had multiple test drives on diesel though.)
My criteria were:-
1- Powerful Engine
2. Fun to drive
3. Adequate space for 3, at times 4 or may be 5( once or twice a year)
4. As much GIZMOs as possible. ( My T-BHP handle tells it all ;-)
5. High Ground clearance. ( Some nasty personal experience with sedans)

So far already driven 774 km as bought it from another city and had to drive back, giving about 13 KM/Ltr on keeping the RPM below 2k, but my feeling says wont deliver more than 12 odd in normal driving cycle in city condition. Drives smooth, very much unlike a 3 pot motor, especially after it picks up speed. Turbo lag is minimal after 1.5 k rpm and not really an irritant like some other turbo motors. Sync rocks.

Including a few pics, shall be starting a ownership thread not for the technical part of it but my experience of the journey from my faithful Indica-Indigo to the Snow-White.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 02:35   #5635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Finally my Snow-White(White EcoBoost) Tit (O) has arrived.
Congratulations on your new acquisition.
You are surely going to love the ecoboost especially on the highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Regarding the interior lighting I would like to know whether the existing one
Quote:

1.What about the projector head lights with DRLs that are made by Mr.Srinivas Gopal?
Do these come within the lumen limit?
2.Is there no way one can restrict the blower speed without decreasing the temperature, b'coz, it is quite irritating.
Good to see Ecosportrules is back

1.I chose to have 5000k but he has other options too (4300k and 6000k)
2.sure, you can manually reduce the blower speed once you switch on the auto mode or manual mode.Always remember to switch on the recycle button too.

Hi guys,

Saw the following message on MID/cluster accompanied by a high pitched alarm on the highway.

My speed:80kmph over taking a multiaxle transport lorry.
KM on odo:9987
Message:"engine oil change due"service required on the MID,Plus a spanner with engine oil can glows in orange colour on the instrument cluster(see the first picture)

Was surprised/alarmed because I thought it was an ABS malfunction /engine malfunctions alarm like the one in the overdrive incident.
I immediately pulled over to a safe lane to check the message and was relieved that it was only a 10000 km oil change service due reminder.

Posting this just to give an heads up to all guys approaching 10000km.
The alarm come on each time you start the car untill you change the engine oil
Happy motoring..

PS:I will soon try to post my 10000 km experience in my initial ownership thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131121wa0003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20131121wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 21st November 2013 at 02:41.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:03   #5636
BHPian

Guys.. Good News from my side.. Yes! Finally my MACHINE is on it's way from Maker's plant to Home.

It's been close to 3 Months waiting for my Machine. Actually I opted for different color choice offered by the dealer, due to which my delivery is to be little earlier. Initially I booked Diamond White and dealer offered me Seagrey or Mars Red two days ago (19 Nov). I opted for the Red Guy (After seeing a lots of Martian I fell in love with this Color) I was actually longing for this options from the dealer. Thanks to all fellow BHPians for all their support & suggestions. A Special Thanks to Jude for his superb ownership review & stunning pictures which made me feel "Man..I should have booked The Red Guy". Obviously Mars Red & Kinetic Blue are the real Head turners. Other shade ES owners Forgive me , its my personnel opinion.

Below are few details:

Date of Booking: 1 Sep 13
Model: ES Trend 1.5 D

Frequent follow-ups with the SA for just to get the booking number
Got booking number from Dealer: 9 Oct 13 (BTW booking number is 25. Some crap number provided by SA. I never used it to follow up)
Later I did follow ups once in 15 days.
Color change request from Dealer: 19 Nov 13 (Accepted on same day with out any delay after consulting with Family)
Initial Payment Made through chq: 20 Nov 13 (Loan processing under progress)
Insurance: Dealer Insurance from Royal Sundaram
Accessories Decided from Dealer: Seat Covers, Fog Lamps, Parking Sensor, Spare Wheel Covers.
After market Accessories: Mud Flap, SS Scuff plates, SS Door Handle from Ebay. Star 3D Mats from Sai Mag Wheels.

Invoice yet to be generated upon loan approval. Now Awaiting for loan processing & delivery date. Will keep you guys posted with updates

Thank all once again.!
pkk_84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:51   #5637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What about the projector head lights with DRLs that are made by Mr.Srinivas Gopal?
Do these come within the lumen limit?...
You can have a choice of the Lumen / bulbs. The color would change based on the Kelvin rating you choose. If you want anything close to the factory lights, 4300K should be a good choice. Anything above 6000K would NOT help in illumination; those are more of bling factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Guys.. Good News from my side.. Yes! Finally my MACHINE is on it's way from Maker's plant to Home...
Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
...Insurance: Dealer Insurance from Royal Sundaram..
Any reason why you don't want to go for your own insurance? Would have saved you some sizeable amount.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:51   #5638
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
My two cents although its only been a week and 100 odd Km with my Ecosport AT (white).

While accelerating I have to ease off the pressure when the RPM is touching 2500 to force it to upshift. On one occasion it went upto 4000 RPM in D mode during an overtaking manoeuvre.
AFIK, the gear shift on a AT happens based on the speed of the vehicle and is not RPM based. You can correlate the shifting with speed. Normally you will see small red lines on the speedo which indicates the relevant speed at which the gear changes.

In order the get mileage on your AT, you will have be light footed on the lower gears and build speed up slowly. If you are heavy footed on the lower gears your FE will drop big time. This is my experience in driving AT for the last 8 years

Cheers and happy motoring

KPS
Old 21st November 2013, 11:45   #5639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
AFIK, the gear shift on a AT happens based on the speed of the vehicle and is not RPM based...
In some vehicles if not all, the shifting also happens based on the accelerator angle. So I believe this is based on RPM also.
Old 21st November 2013, 11:48   #5640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
In some vehicles if not all, the shifting also happens based on the accelerator angle. So I believe this is based on RPM also.
All AT vehicles!!

Shifts are based on engine load, rpm, accelerator input, speed and even incline angle of the vehicle.

There's no fixed speed based shifting in any AT car.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks