Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 16:22   #5731
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Sorry about the accident but man you describe is what Road Rage is all about, and sadly this fight was initiated by you - a responsible Team-BHPian.
That ain't road rage. Zteg took it the legal route. It is sad that the case didn't proceed beyond an FIR, but still he should be commended for taking it this far. We often chicken out or are too lethargic, and the lack of consequences are what make these drivers continue to be offenders on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
My car was hit by a bus driver who jumped a signal and hit my front bumper total damage in the range of 20k, the bus driver still drives through the same route and is still a menace.
Thanks to zteg, this driver would now be more careful.
blacksport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:27   #5732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Sorry about the accident but man you describe is what Road Rage is all about, and sadly this fight was initiated by you - a responsible Team-BHPian.

I suggest for your own well being and of your near and dear ones, please show some restraint. Accidents do happen - world is not perfect. You could have just noted down the bus number and lodged an FIR.
Try noting the bus number and going to police to file an FIR. They will not even entertain you for a broken mirror. Fact is what zteg did is absolutely the right and only way in this situation.

You can never track down the bus and which driver later on. What will an FIR get you? Atleast here there was a chance to get some cash.

Anyways this is OT.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:45   #5733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Try noting the bus number and going to police to file an FIR. They will not even entertain you for a broken mirror. Fact is what zteg did is absolutely the right and only way in this situation.

You can never track down the bus and which driver later on. What will an FIR get you? Atleast here there was a chance to get some cash.

Anyways this is OT.
But you are causing the same traffic jam that you hate when you see two people are quarrelling, parking their vehicles right in the middle of the road.

Last edited by penpavan : 27th November 2013 at 16:52.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:54   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ecosport Scores 4/5 stars in Euro NCAP. Just for reference, Duster Score is 3/5.

Link : http://www.euroncap.com/results/ford/ecosport/538.aspx

Disappointing as I was expecting 5/5 stars.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 17:03   #5735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Fact is what zteg did is absolutely the right and only way in this situation.
Chasing a passenger bus in middle of the road,stopping it by braking in front of it and then arguing with the driver - is right? What if the fight had gone physical and resulted in a serious injury to either the Team-bhpian or the bus driver?

I thought team-bhp was against such behavior - no matter what the provocation be.

Anyway, as you said, its OT. Lets focus on the topic.

Last edited by DCEite : 27th November 2013 at 17:23.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 17:06   #5736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Ford Ecosport Scores 4/5 stars in Euro NCAP. Just for reference, Duster Score is 3/5.

Link : http://www.euroncap.com/results/ford/ecosport/538.aspx

Disappointing as I was expecting 5/5 stars.
Hi @aaggoswami

I do not think occupants safety is an issue here, it the pedestrian safety or the nature of injuries to pedestrian in case of accident which IMO pulls down the rating by a star.

Thank you for the link BTW.
Old 27th November 2013, 17:57   #5737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I do not think occupants safety is an issue here, it the pedestrian safety or the nature of injuries to pedestrian in case of accident which IMO pulls down the rating by a star.
Loses out mainly on safety assist and pedestrian safety. The occupant safety ratings are pretty impressive indeed. Of the variants sold in India, only the Titanium AT stands closer to the model tested for Euro NCAP (due to the availability of ESP).
Old 27th November 2013, 18:43   #5738
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading a thread on how one has to account for the rear overhang of these buses which have a short wheelbase. Somehow not able to find the thread now.

However if one turns right all of a sudden without any indication nothing can be done. Good to know Ecosport along with most of recent launches scores high on Euro NCAP. IIRC New Swift launched in 2011 got a 5/5
Old 27th November 2013, 18:54   #5739
BHPian

Hello Folks
I got my first service done for Ecosport Diesel today at Gautam Budh Ford, Noida.
I also got a 3M under coating and teflon coating job done for INR5800 (inc of taxes). The service center offered 5 years free top ups for both the coatings.
I did not opt for Engine oil change at my cost.
After the service car has become little zippier to drive.
The fog lamps have become costlier to fix. Rs 8500 for a pair. That is too much.
Old 27th November 2013, 19:27   #5740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I remember reading a thread on how one has to account for the rear overhang of these buses which have a short wheelbase. Somehow not able to find the thread now.

However if one turns right all of a sudden without any indication nothing can be done. Good to know Ecosport along with most of recent launches scores high on Euro NCAP. IIRC New Swift launched in 2011 got a 5/5
Swift has an Adult Occupant rating of 94% compared to 93% for the ecosport. No big deal. Moreover you can trust Maruti to de-engineer their cars for India. I doubt whether their Indian versions would even score 2 stars.
Old 27th November 2013, 19:33   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Moreover you can trust Maruti to de-engineer their cars for India. I doubt whether their Indian versions would even score 2 stars.
Don't want to start a pointless debate here, but do you have anything at all to back your claim ? What makes you think Ford wouldn't have cut corners in their India models ? Btw, the export models are totally different from the one's made for domestic sale.

Swift is as safe as any other car from the segment.
Old 27th November 2013, 20:21   #5742
BHPian

Not wanting to take this OT any further. I would like to end this discussion. In the end,I have learnt a few lessons.

By the way the new mirror costed me 2900/- all inclusive. Also got a free wash/vacuum in and out.

Last edited by zteg : 27th November 2013 at 20:27.
zteg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 22:52   #5743
BHPian

Guys, I had cancelled my Amaze booking to book Ecosport 1.5P Ambiente in July. Now my sister and family are coming from Australia in last week of December. I am thinking of cancelling my Ecosport booking and go for Amaze again as I heard on radio that they are promising delivery with in a week. Really confused. Wish Ford was more professional and produced more Petrol vehicles. Really tired and sick of waiting :(
Old 27th November 2013, 23:26   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Met with an accident yesterday. I was on my way from Manipal hospital to Whitefield. I was on the right lane and there was a BMTC bus on the left lane. This happened near Marathalli. All of a sudden the bus turned right without any signal or indicator. The tail end of the bus hit my left side view mirror and it is broken. It now hangs by the wire.
The driver did'nt even have the courtesy to stop the bus. Followed the bus, overtook him and stopped right infront of him. Heated arguements took place until the police came. I was in no mood to let the driver go. Dragged him and the bus to the HAL police station. He was'nt even sorry for what he did. He was not admitting that it was his fault, instead he was saying it was my fault. .
Thats the way they drive. Have many close encounters on my bike and car.The problem is, you can never know when they shift lanes. Sometimes they stop miles ahead of the bus stop too. Once a bus scratched my bike. I am always extra careful around them with an anticipation that they may move anytime!!
navkant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:17   #5745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, I had cancelled my Amaze booking to book Ecosport 1.5P Ambiente in July. Now my sister and family are coming from Australia in last week of December. I am thinking of cancelling my Ecosport booking and go for Amaze again as I heard on radio that they are promising delivery with in a week. Really confused. Wish Ford was more professional and produced more Petrol vehicles. Really tired and sick of waiting :(
I would say if you can wait, then get the ecosport. Its far far better then amaze save for rear seat space. I am pretty much sure, even you would come to same opinion after driving them back to back.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks