Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 16:33   #5851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post

I got a mail on 30th Nov from customerviewpoint@custmoreviewpointreply.com for a survey on the entire delivery process. It is a third party tasked to do the survey for Ford. I had taken delivery in mid October.

Rated them 1-2 on most of the questions and poured my heart out in the last page of the survey which had a section for general comments on the delivery process/ownership with a limit of 5000 characters.
Hoping to receive some mail like this to pour my heart out too. Had a very sad delivery process with Elite Ford who have zero transparency.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 18:47   #5852
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I guess that is what they are doing. Make maximum profits till nobody lauches a competetion.
Shame on such a strategy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I don't know what they are upto, but being a multinational car manufacturer and a well reputed company( not in India though ), they should have known the fact that business is not just about making profits. It's how good one can make the consumers feel happy and develop a healthy public relationship, which is sheerly lacking in Ford India.
Sorry, but this is what every successful model has done in India. Take examples of Fortuner, Duster, XUV 500, Swift and Ecosport. So why bang Ford alone?!

If anyone feels this is NO more VFM, they should just move into a different brand / product. I liked this car when it was launched; but this is NO more a serious contender for my next upgrade. Having said that, I think this is still a better option than Duster / Terrano for the kind of gizmos included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Positives:...
Superb Steering very light for a Vehicle of 1+ ton...
I suggest caution - a light steering can sponsor some scary moments on a high GC car. Please avoid sudden maneuvers, stay safe.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th December 2013 at 18:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 18:58   #5853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I suggest caution - a light steering can sponsor some scary moments on a high GC car. Please avoid sudden maneuvers, stay safe.
Thanks for that swiftnfurious, It's a serious caution to be highlighted/considered for a safe drive.

I'm yet to drive the vehicle in Highway. I'm yet to test the Steering Hold in High Speeds. But as per the experience from few BHPIans owning the ES, heard that the Steering becomes harder/Stiff in High Speeds.

Hoping for the better suspensions in long run.
pkk_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 19:04   #5854
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for that swiftnfurious, It's a serious caution to be highlighted/considered for a safe drive.

I'm yet to drive the vehicle in Highway. I'm yet to test the Steering Hold in High Speeds. But as per the experience from few BHPIans owning the ES, heard that the Steering becomes harder/Stiff in High Speeds.

Hoping for the better suspensions in long run.
I have driven my Ecosport on Highway, both good n broken kind. I didn't find it to be scarily light in anyway. I think the light steering thing in Ecossport has been blown out of proportion. It does weigh up nicely at speed.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 19:09   #5855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hoping to receive some mail like this to pour my heart out too. Had a very sad delivery process with Elite Ford who have zero transparency.
Same here buddy ! I'm really filled up to the brim to throw out all the venom I have for them.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 19:10   #5856
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta EcoBoost is Women's World Car of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This could give a further boost to already surging Ford Ecosport sales in India.
I don't think so.In consumer's perspective, it is always the quality,reliability and worthiness of a product that makes it a success, not just the awards and hype (at least in our country).If Ford hikes the price again,which would escalate the price by a huge 1 lakh INR from the launch price, people may start reconsidering their decision on ecosport.
Old 5th December 2013, 19:39   #5857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
It does weigh up nicely at speed.
Thanks for that Buddy.

I've a query related to central locking.
- Vehicle started rolling and once it reaches 20 Kmpl the central locking system engage and all doors lock up.
- Now Vehicle stops. And you open any door from inside, it opens. The central locking system deactivates.
Is it a right behavior? If it is right then
- Once the vehicle start rolling and gains 20 Kmpl and system locks all door (I hear a tuck sound & presuming all doors are locked). Will the doors open during run?
Old 5th December 2013, 19:47   #5858
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for that Buddy.

I've a query related to central locking.
- Vehicle started rolling and once it reaches 20 Kmpl the central locking system engage and all doors lock up.
- Now Vehicle stops. And you open any door from inside, it opens. The central locking system deactivates.
Is it a right behavior? If it is right then
- Once the vehicle start rolling and gains 20 Kmpl and system locks all door (I hear a tuck sound & presuming all doors are locked). Will the doors open during run?
Yes it happens exactly like that, that when you reach speed of about 20 kmph it locks automatically.
When you stop and open any door from inside it opens and the central locking light goes off, but still the doors cannot be opened from outside. To fully deactivate the central locking you have to press the central lock button on central console twice. Seems like a glitch as the light goes off but the central locking is not completely deactivated as you can't open the doors from outside.
Regarding your last point, yes the doors can be opened from inside even after the central locking is activated after reaching 20 kmph. (unless you have activated the CHILD LOCK feature.
Old 5th December 2013, 22:06   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Regarding your last point, yes the doors can be opened from inside even after the central locking is activated after reaching 20 kmph. (unless you have activated the CHILD LOCK feature.
So if some one attempts to open the doors from inside unknowingly before the car comes to full stand still position and doors opening. Then it's a safety issue right?
Old 6th December 2013, 04:38   #5860
BHPian

Quote:

So if some one attempts to open the doors from inside unknowingly before the car comes to full stand still position and doors opening. Then it's a safety issue right?
Generally only children do that and in that case we should use child lock. There have been so many instances where the passengers could not come out of the car in emergencies because the doors were locked, so this feature aids in quick exit during emergencies.
Old 6th December 2013, 09:07   #5861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Generally only children do that and in that case we should use child lock. There have been so many instances where the passengers could not come out of the car in emergencies because the doors were locked, so this feature aids in quick exit during emergencies.
Sorry, but this can NOT be termed a security feature; it's rather the other way round. Many cars are equipped with impact sensing door unlock "feature" which is the actual way to do it, if a company is serious about safety of passengers.
Old 6th December 2013, 09:12   #5862
Senior - BHPian

I took a look under the chassis of the Ecosport diesel. That plastic engine protection thingy is a joke.

Also, from a ground clearance aspect, there is absolutely no practical difference(even though numbers vary by a 5 mm) between the Ecosport and a Fusion.
Old 6th December 2013, 09:30   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Sorry, but this can NOT be termed a security feature; it's rather the other way round. Many cars are equipped with impact sensing door unlock "feature" which is the actual way to do it, if a company is serious about safety of passengers.
Well when a car is submerged in water I doubt if the doors open automatically. Also there are instances when the impact isn't that much that the doors unlock in such cases the current functionality is the best solution IMHO. But it's definitely not a design flaw or a cost cutting measure.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 10:20   #5864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I took a look under the chassis of the Ecosport diesel. That plastic engine protection thingy is a joke.

I guess you meant to say the engine cover which comes by default ( made of Felt ) is not good ?

The engine cover offered as accessory by Ford is of good quality (ABS mould) and gives better protection.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:26   #5865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
The engine cover offered as accessory by Ford is of good quality (ABS mould) and gives better protection.
I would like to second that. I have also recently purchased the engine guard which is made of ABS and feels strong enough to easily protect the engine from damage caused due to flying stones. It will certainly NOT protect the engine if you were to hit a boulder, but then Ecosport is NOT an off-roader.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks