Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 18:10   #5611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Nothing to worry here as mentioned by Moto-Mariner. I have seen these in quite a number of cars from various manufacturers. Even if its a defect, its not only in Ford. Ha Ha.

It shows you are starting to observe your car a lot more now than you have been observing cars generally.

Thanks for the info, I used to think it had something to do with the sunfilm:-).
Just adding some more info, put on a Polaroid goggles and look at the glasses, you will see a lot of different patterns which one doesn't normally see.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:49   #5612
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Can you please share the price for the mats?
Aparth, costs 2500 for Delhi BHPians if one collects from their Rama Road Office otherwise they can Ship via Bluedart in NCR of Delhi, courier charges extra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Hello tsk13,
I am too considering Star 3D mats as they appear to be a cost-effective alternative to 3D Kagu mats.I would like to hear from you about the quality and fit.A picture or two, if possible will be much helpful.Thank you!
These mats are indeed cost effective compared to Kagu ones and now come with Full Velcro bottom to ensure that it remains firmly planted with the floor.

Regarding pics, shall post them after receiving delivery of Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I got my black 3D Star mats from the same place and would like to caution you that the mats are made for Fiesta and the driver side mat is not of proper size. My accelerator pedal got stuck in it twice (when its fully pressed) and it was a scary experience, i have chopped off the mat a little bit from the throttle side. The quality is extremely good for the price and they are very durable, have a set in my vento from past 1 year and its in great shape.

Also gear lock is not required since the car comes with an immobilizer.
Coolboy007, would appreciate if you can post pic of the trimmed mat and shall provide a feedback to Sai Mag Wheels if need be upon receiving my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Any idea if they have one for the AT gearbox.
The U Type one should fit as it locks externally in a specified position.
Old 19th November 2013, 09:10   #5613
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Just back from a 2,400kms trip from Bombay to Baroda to Alang to Diu to Girl to Somnath to Porbander to Dwarka to Jhamnagar to Baroda to Bombay.

Variant - Ecosport AT
Load - Max 4 Adults plus one kid with luggage for 8 days including stuff on the carrier in the last leg.
Duration - 7 Days 2400kms
Max kms in one day - 850 kms
Driving style - Very hard. Very hard at times.
Average fuel efficiency -11.1 kmpl for petrol worth roughly - Rs. 16.5k. AC always on at 22.5 degrees.

Notes:
Vehicle did not feel sapped of power even though fully loaded
Someone else who drives moderately would easily have got 13kmpl.
No back pain on this trip though I have a history of back pain with Aria, Safari and Laura while driving.
Extreme Vision Lights are a good improvement and adequate though of course can be even better with other solutions.
Vehicle hits certain roads imperfections with a jarring thud and sails over certain others comfortably.
Stock wipers are poor quality.
Type pressure 35 front 38 rear as recommended in the manual for full load.
Vehicle has opened up and power is great. Gearbox too is smoother.
Wheel cover and speedo console rattle a slight bit at times. No other rattles.
Vehicle beyond 6500 kms now.
Am Quoting my full previous post as I have some more to add to it on a similar context.

A couple of days back I made a single day return trip to Surat from Mumbai.

This drive was different compared to the previous one. I will repeat that mine is the petrol AT

1) This time I was alone and drove at about 95-105 kmph (Though the average speed was around 60kmph only for the entire trip as is the case when one spends a good time in the city and behind traffic). (It felt safe and sedate overall even at the mentioned highways speeds) (In the previous trip the speeds reached were higher on a consistent basis and that too with a fully loaded vehicle) through most of the highway. The City driving component would probably be a total of about 15% for the two ends.

2) FE - 14.5 - 550kms - Single day trip. I was attending a funeral so the mood was quite sombre I guess. (relatively in my previous trip of 850kms in a single day with 4.5 person in the vehicle and lots of luggage I had got a FE of about 11 as I drove really aggressively that day to covers the whole lot of kms.)

3) I feel confident an average speed of about 80 instead of 95-105 would probably get me a FE of 16-17 (hypothetical) and 60 even more.

4) On highways when there was a bit of traffic that slowed me down to say 60kmph (negotiating trucks) I found the FE to go up.

5) In my case I did not find the engine to get freed up after 2500 kms but have felt a difference after my fully loaded trip to Gujarat at about 6000kms. Now the engine seems more responsive. Also an observation was that the engine did not feel that sluggish even when the vehicle was fully loaded and it was only when I drove later alone that I felt the vehicle to be much more responsive.

The objective of mentioning speeds above is not to show how fast or slow I drive but to explain how speeds sensitive the vehicle fuel efficiency can be to speeds and load, yet if this too breaks the regulations would request the mods to delete the speeds mentioned.

6) If one is loading the vehicle with accessories then FE will also surely be hit if the accessories are heavy (like metal bull bars, rear bumpers and heavy side steps - none of which are recommended).

7) I drive on highways with lights on (fogs with parking lights or Low beams) even in the day time. It in my view aids in making the vehicle more visible to oncoming traffic a bit like DRLs and hence miss them. This does impact FE by a few points for sure. I had noticed this in the Aria where the current FE was given in decimals and lights tended to have a 0.4 kmpl impact as per the Aria MID. It should be something similar in the EcoSport as well.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:56   #5614
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention that MRP for Star 3D Mats is Rs.3200 and the price of the same for Delhi BHPians (who can collect from Store) is Rs.2500!
Old 19th November 2013, 11:03   #5615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Aparth, costs 2500 for Delhi BHPians if one collects from their Rama Road Office otherwise they can Ship via Bluedart in NCR of Delhi, courier charges extra.

Coolboy007, would appreciate if you can post pic of the trimmed mat and shall provide a feedback to Sai Mag Wheels if need be upon receiving my car.

The U Type one should fit as it locks externally in a specified position.
I too have dealt with them in the past, and their products are usually good. I guess I'll need to make a trip across the city and get it directly from them.

Please let me know if you face any issues with the fit.

Regarding the U Type Gear Lock, I suspect it will not work for AT versions. The reason is, the way the console is shaped and the location of the lever in 'P' position, which will essentially mean that the U arm cannot be mated with the rest of the lock. :(
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 11:24   #5616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Is there no option to decrease the blower speed once climate control ac is turned on ,it is a typhoon,I bet.
And no comments regarding my earlier question about Headlamp projectors/HID kits ,DRLs fitted as after marketones being legal,according to MVD rules?
Ecosport rules,Johanskaria,"where art thou???"[Shakesperean,just to wake you up]
If when fitted with anything upto 6000k is well within the lumen limit of the Kerala MVD!
So as per my opinion its safe!
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 03:34   #5617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Is there no option to decrease the blower speed once climate control ac is turned on ,it is a typhoon,I bet.
And no comments regarding my earlier question about Headlamp projectors/HID kits ,DRLs fitted as after marketones being legal,according to MVD rules?
Ecosport rules,Johanskaria,"where art thou???"[Shakesperean,just to wake you up]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
If when fitted with anything upto 6000k is well within the lumen limit of the Kerala MVD!
So as per my opinion its safe!
1)You can manually reduce the blower speed by turning down the fan's speed control Knob located on the left side.

2)As Johannskaria rightly said below 6000k is within the lumen limit ,pan India.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 20th November 2013 at 03:35.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 04:23   #5618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

1)You can manually reduce the blower speed by turning down the fan's speed control Knob located on the left side.
By doing so Auto climate control switches off automatically.
When Auto is set the blower control is fully controlled by the system itself. The speed automatically decreases after the desired temperature is reached.
To avoid blower blowing at full speed on start I rotate the temperature knob to outside temperature when I start the car, then gradually I reduce the temperature.
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 09:48   #5619
BHPian

I cancelled by Ecosport AT booking and got a full refund from Metro Ford yesterday by cheque.

My SA was professional and understanding and so was Ford.

My reason for cancellation was that with such delays I had an opportunity to rethink (thanks to Androdev) and I compared both the Ecosport (Ecoboost as no AT was available) and Polo TSI at the Bangalore Palace Cross showrooms - my main requirement being a driver focused AT at around Rs 10 lakhs.

The build quality, interiors, small and nice touches and of course the TSI / DSG combination made me feel like trying VW out with full mental provision for lack of desired service over Ecosport. This is the least expensive way of figuring out whether I am willing to trade lack of relative reliability for a well engineered car that suits my needs. Further Ford called me to say that I should budget for a July 2014 delivery. I booked the car on June 28.

The sad turn is that soon after my cancellation, VW dealer called me up to say that bookings for TSI are closed and will reopen in Feb! But I look forward to it.

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 20th November 2013 at 10:00.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 09:59   #5620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Further Ford called me to say that I should budget for a July 2014 delivery. I booked the car on June 28.
One year!?!? Current EcoSport booking are being delivered with a years backlog?

Is this for the petrol AT model only? Or does the Diesel variant have similar waiting periods?
Old 20th November 2013, 10:04   #5621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
One year!?!? Current EcoSport booking are being delivered with a years backlog?

Is this for the petrol AT model only? Or does the Diesel variant have similar waiting periods?
No the diesel variants have far less waiting times (3 months or less). I suspect the Petrol AT was initially planned mainly for exports and Ford India has probably commitments towards that - with some added margins for an unforeseen Re fall.
Old 20th November 2013, 10:12   #5622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cancelled by Ecosport AT booking and got a full refund from Metro Ford yesterday by cheque.

My reason for cancellation was that with such delays I had an opportunity to rethink (thanks to Androdev) and I compared both the Ecosport (Ecoboost as no AT was available) and Polo TSI at the Bangalore Palace Cross showrooms - my main requirement being a drive focused AT at around Rs 10 lakhs.

The sad turn is that soon after my cancellation, VW dealer called me up to say that bookings for TSI are closed and will reopen in Feb! But I look forward to it.

Cheers,
Oops, that's bad! Why don't you try another city and VW dealer?

Last month, when I was looking for our next car, I was being offered Polo TSI's (White) off-the-shelf in Noida and Delhi. In fact, the Polo TSI was NUMERO UNO on my list too. However, after multiple test drives, and loads of time spent with the car, we just could not come to terms with the ULTRA POOR Rear Seat Space and Comfort. I mean, I know it is a hatch, but the space management is just so poor in the rear that we finally had to give up on it. Apart from that, the sub-par boot space and DSG uncertainty were also factors in that decision. But Yes, the TSI is a hoot to drive.

Post that we landed up in a big dilemma on what car to buy, and were about to make a choice between a Scorpio VLX AT or Amaze AT. It was a bit urgent to make a decision since we had already sold the old Logan.

Thankfully things took a lucky turn for us when we got news that we had been allocated a car through Ford's management pool, and that the car had been dispatched from the factory. That settled the matter for us and we made the customary booking. 1000 kms on, we are quite happy with the Ecosport AT. It's definitely a more well-rounded vehicle than the Polo TSI, although the latter is certainly a few notches higher on purely the fun to drive aspect. If only I had another parking space, I would have definitely bought myself a Polo TSI too.

Last edited by roy_libran : 20th November 2013 at 10:15.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 10:23   #5623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Oops, that's bad! Why don't you try another city and VW dealer?
If I were 10 years younger I would have Now I feel that I do not want to spend more time / stress on the buying process. I feel comfortable with the VW PalaceCross dealer; go to know the folks around so will wait.

But I am rally glad to hear good reviews about Ecosport AT. This should push car makers to make more compact SUVs with AT.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 10:40   #5624
BHPian

Quote:
No the diesel variants have far less waiting times (3 months or less). I suspect the Petrol AT was initially planned mainly for exports and Ford India has probably commitments towards that - with some added margins for an unforeseen Re fall.
Hm, still, even 3 months is a fairly long waiting period.

Good to know that you got back the full amount from Ford. All the best with your VW booking.
Hope it pans out well! The Polo GT TSI should be the smoothest AT around.

Lately, I don't know what is it with car makers and their ridiculous waiting periods.
VW has sold a sum total of 4828 cars in October 2013. Whichever way you look at it, that is not a big number.
If I'm not mistaken, the VW group is the 2nd(or is it the 3rd?) largest automobile giant in the world as of today?
And it is not as if they don't have good sales across the rest of the world.
So why is it that they can't meet the demand for a simple hatch back such as the Polo, which is made and sold all over the world.

I mean, how hard can it be?
An over-crowded country like India, sorely needs hatchbacks with auto transmissions.
Old 20th November 2013, 11:06   #5625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
The Polo GT TSI should be the smoothest AT around.
Smoothest AT?
That's not the impression I got while driving the Polo TSI, Ecosport AT, Amaze AT, Nissan CVT and Scorpio AT.

While there is no doubt that the Engine + Gearbox Combo of the Polo AT is fantastic, the gearshifts themselves, especially at city speeds or lower, are jittery.
In comparison, the Ford DCT and Amaze AT are nearly jerk free. Moreover, the Ford DCT has pretty decent response and gearshift times, comparable to the DSG although the DSG is a tad faster. The smoothest transmission of all, IMHO, is actually the Nissan CVT, albeit the most boring too. It drives like a scooty!
The Scorpio AT just about makes the cut. It is acceptably refined, but the compelling proposition about that vehicle is more around the Chassis and Diesel.

If I were to rank them in terms of only smoothness-
1. Nissan CVT
2. Ford DCT
3. Amaze AT
4. Polo DSG
5. Scorpio AT

Last edited by roy_libran : 20th November 2013 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks