Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 10:57   #5536
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Are you sure the extended warranty covers most electrical and mechanical parts? As per my dealer, it covers only the Engine and the Gearbox.
Did you not get some sort of a booklet or something detailing the Extended Warranty "Terms & Conditions"? Directly from Ford maybe?
Never believe what the dealers say:
1. SAs are usually most ill informed of the actual car & related info & may give incorrect info by mistake.
2. They say anything to rake up their sales figures & accessories & other sales anyways.
There is no professionalism much anywhere in this field.
Believe what you can read in Black & White only.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:17   #5537
BHPian

Screen shot on Extended Warranty coverage from Ford India is enclosed. As per this, all mechanical and electrical failures are covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ew.png  

risga is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:51   #5538
BHPian

Hi,

Please visit this link http://www.myvehicledetails.com/home/
and give the correct VIN number which is normally 17 digists like MAJAXXMRKADC59347. This is a sept 11 mfcd and I got the delivery by 19th Sept. the last 5 digits you have mentioned is the engine number perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Just spoke to the manager. The car I have booked is a white diesel titanium. When I spoke to her all she said was "it definitely won't be a June variant, and you probably didn't decode it properly". Can you please help me decode this: BD82563
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 12:47   #5539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I've asked them no Body Care Package as for the Underbody I fail to understand the reason for it in Delhi as we don't live in Coastal Areas or in Snowy Areas where Salt aids in Corrosion and further for the Paint Protection aspect, Notorious will do a Better Job!
, if you are living near to a water body or water supplied in your area is polluted, you should not avoid body protection package. But, you can got for cheaper options with your FNG, which would be a better choice IMO.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 13:00   #5540
BHPian

Even after the price hike I didn’t cancel my booking, only reason was post the price hike titanium model has got a price cut of 15K with the removal of the key less entry feature. So the price hike was close to 20K and I was not very fascinated by the key less entry start stop anyways. But my dealer has failed to deliver on the promised delivery date and even after a week of the same I didn’t get a confirmed delivery date. I couldn’t wait any more so I have decided to cancel my booking (white titanium ecoboost). Once I have communicated the same with the dealer, they have offered me ready delivery of a sea grey titanium ecoboost and mars red titanium diesel. All these while they were telling me that no ecooboost are getting delivered to them from the factory, that was the reason for the delay. I really I don’t know all of sudden how was it available for delivery. Later I got a call from ford too but by the time I have made up my mind got a limited edition pre owned altis. I’m extremely happy it and I paid 4 lks less than what I was supposed pay for a brand to Ecosport and even after 4 years and 45K on odo the altis looks and feels as good as new. So a very happy ending and thanks to ford for not delivering on time so that I could find the beauty I drive today .My dealer was Kairali ford Kochi.
BMW-X5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 15:17   #5541
BHPian

Just a small update further to my earlier post on the mandatory insurance issue from the dealer. I called up Ford Customer care and after 3-4 follow-ups and tri-party discussions with the dealer, they have withdrawn their absurd 'Mandatory insurance' demand. So, consumers win!! The tone of the SAs at the dealership has also mellowed down.

Lesson Learnt :- Don't give up to absurd demands. These dealers just encouraged seeing the desperation of consumers. I was actually ready to give up on taking the delivery, than to be asked to pay 14k extra for no reason. If the SA would have humbly requested to buy insurance from them only with a bit of waiver, then it was a different case, but I couldn't take their attitude of holding the customer to ransom and showing a I give a damn attitude. So anyone else facing any issue with their dealers, just call up Ford customer care and ask them to intervene. They are pretty helpful.

Now getting ready for the PDI and hunting of the PDI checklist and anything else I should be wary of. The VIN says its Oct manufactured, so looks ok. Any more pointers would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by nitinr30 : 14th November 2013 at 15:41.
nitinr30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 15:18   #5542
BHPian

Sad that a lot of people are having a bad dealer episode. I had made my booking on August 5 and was asked when i wanted my vehicle. I needed the vehicle on the 1st week of November 2013. On the last week of October to be precise on the 27th i received message that the vehicle is in transit and would be delivered on time. The vehicle arrived in the yard on 30th October. I was invited by the SA to come and see the vehicle. Saw the vehicle processed the payment and took the delivery on the 4th. My booked model was a Titanium D- Silver.

During the course of my waiting period i didnt do any follow up. Just one call from the SA informing about the price hike and the difference.

For your information i had booked it in Kerala- Malayalam Ford- Ernakulam.

The only sad part is i didn't get to ride her for more than 500km as i had to leave the country for meetings.
Majic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 16:07   #5543

Got delivery of My Ecosport (Silver –Titanium, diesel) last Saturday. Currently enjoying the new car smell

I had booked the same in MPL ford, Teynampet, Chennai and to be very frank I had a very good experience. The SM from MPL ford, Mr.Sivaganesan was very polite and clear in his communication from the very beginning. Right from the test drive and the date of delivery he honored his commitments. I had been promised delivery in 4 months as I booked on 2 July. In between whenever I called he was very courteous and replied that I will be getting my vehicle in the committed time. He also suggested if I want any lower variant he can arrange the same, which I declined.

The advice section had proved to be a boon in the whole process. The various threads- How to buy a new car, How to sell you old car, Transfer of NCB, getting the best Loan and EMI with all the relevant documents,forms and PDI's were very useful.

Last but not the least this Ecosport thread, starting with the fantastic review which really helped in the buying decision and the various post by initial owners and other contributors kept me busy and excited during the waiting period .i would like to thank them all.

Next some DIY projects- 3D noodle floor mats and Yoga-Boot Mat. Again thanks to you all !

Last edited by Zappo : 14th November 2013 at 18:14. Reason: Please avoid cutting-pasting from external editors. Type your message directly on the board.
ranjeetnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 18:16   #5544
ved

I booked Ecosport in June from Fortune Ford Hyderabad (Tolichowki) - my booking was for 1L Petrol Titanium+ which was quoted at 10,07,350 at the time of booking. After almost 6 months of waiting, I was told that the car will arrive this week. But the revised quote was 10,60,579. This is a whopping 53,000 increase from the original price. I know that the prices have been revised but not sure if this is the right price as defined by Ford. Also I wanted to know if 35000 difference between Titanium (MT) and Titanium+ gives me extra airbags, leather seats, keyless entry and touch start feature - is the feature list worth the extra money ?
Old 14th November 2013, 18:49   #5545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I booked Ecosport in June from Fortune Ford Hyderabad (Tolichowki) - my booking was for 1L Petrol Titanium+ which was quoted at 10,07,350 at the time of booking. After almost 6 months of waiting, I was told that the car will arrive this week. But the revised quote was 10,60,579. This is a whopping 53,000 increase from the original price. I know that the prices have been revised but not sure if this is the right price as defined by Ford. Also I wanted to know if 35000 difference between Titanium (MT) and Titanium+ gives me extra airbags, leather seats, keyless entry and touch start feature - is the feature list worth the extra money ?
The price difference between titanium and titanium option, is definitely worth it. Even a decent set of leather covers will set you buy 15 thousand bucks and those extra airbags, keyless entry and start stop button is like cherry on top. I would say, don't think much, get the option.
Old 14th November 2013, 21:51   #5546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
Actually I differ. If you are not keen on the keyless entry feature, titanium MT makes more sense which has two airbags as safety feature.

Leather seats are not everyone's cup of tea, being difficult to maintain and not necessarily a desired option.
Old 15th November 2013, 00:22   #5547

Any takers for Pete's in Ecosport.Has anybody done it?
Will it effect warranty?
Old 15th November 2013, 06:58   #5548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post

Actually I differ. If you are not keen on the keyless entry feature, titanium MT makes more sense which has two airbags as safety feature.

Leather seats are not everyone's cup of tea, being difficult to maintain and not necessarily a desired option.
I would happily pay 50 k extra for those extra air bags. Key less entry and covers are an additional bonus.

If one can afford the titanium plus then no point in thinking about titanium variant.
Old 15th November 2013, 09:20   #5549
Senior - BHPian

F.E. Update - 1.5 P AT
Today morning for the first time I chose to drive my usual route to office using the Sport mode with manual selection of gears. I managed a top speed of around 90 kmph on the 22 km drive, but mostly it was a lot slower through the traffic.
Let the pictures tell the true story.
The MID was actually at 14.6 when I reached the office campus, but then had to drive around the campus slowly to sort out a Parking problem (someone had parked in my slot), so it dropped down to 13.7 by the time I finally parked.

This is significantly better than what I get in the regular 'D' mode.
Attached Images

Last edited by roy_libran : 15th November 2013 at 09:25.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 09:40   #5550
ved

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I would happily pay 50 k extra for those extra air bags. Key less entry and covers are an additional bonus.

If one can afford the titanium plus then no point in thinking about titanium variant.
I am more worried about further delays in getting the correct Titanium+ model - cost wise I am fine. Given the history of Ford's delivery promises so far, I am not sure if I will get the correct version in next 3 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks