Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 21:06   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Infact I have been getting astounding mileage of 19 kmpl. I have been experiencing a very strange issue. On some mornings the car starts up in a way that the even in the 2nd gear and subsequent gears, the zip and the pickup is completely missing. Its seem the car is reluctant and lazy to take any throttle. On that particular day I have to really push the car to give me the necessary zip for the traffic of Delhi. But surprisingly most of the days the car is agile and gives quick response to even a little throttle. I had experienced this in my Swift (D) very few times. Has anybody of you experienced such a lousy response from the Ecosport on some particular day ?
I have done 1700 kms in one month and I'm getting a mileage of 19+

I know once I go for the 1st service Ford Service center will never understand that issue, which makes me worry about the vehicle.

Any inputs from the TBHPians will be of great help.
I have noticed this in my Vento TDi. However after a KM or two everything gets back to normal.Have not faced this with Ecosport yet. I believe its quite common with Diesel cars. But if your car does stay in same state for entire day, i would suggest you get it checked.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 21:08   #5462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey sanjuspeaks,

Congrats mate on your new ride , good to hear another tit (opt) delivered.
A second time congratulations for the DRLs, I suggest you ask your mods guy to upgrade the lights to projectors with xenon also along with DRLs as it will definitely improve your lighting.

Feel bad about the scratches

For pictures of all accessories and details have a look at my initial ownership thread.
"My silver ford Ecosport Titanium(O)TDCi.First delivered in india"

1)Fords original Illuminated scuff plates and ambient light are of the best quality and perfect colour match to the in dash back light colour.All the aftermarket ones offer a different blue colour and look quite cheap.

2) I have changed the interior lights to bright white LEDs, they look awesome.

3)PM me about contact.

4) Good decision regarding hertz tweeters, it will improve the overall performance quite a bit.
Hi Folks

Can you please tell me where can I order the DRLs ?
Old 11th November 2013, 21:10   #5463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I have noticed this in my Vento TDi. However after a KM or two everything gets back to normal.Have not faced this with Ecosport yet. I believe its quite common with Diesel cars. But if your car does stay in same state for entire day, i would suggest you get it checked.
True PrideRed. This lousy behavior fades away after few kms. If it continues to nag me on a regular basis, I will surely get this checked. Anyways thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 11th November 2013, 22:11   #5464
Senior - BHPian

3000 KM Update:
1.Since the car was over 2500 KM did some spirited driving on NH 48. The car is not comfortable doing high 3 digit speeds. The engine is powerful enough for those long drives however its not comfortable doing 140 all day long.Again doing such speeds is not preferred for 2 reasons-Safety and lower FE .
2.Super stiff suspension setup ensures a slightly bouncy ride(Nothing to worry about though) but at the same time is extremely fun in doing the twisty's.
3.Overall FE is 18KM/l. Quite happy with the same. A sedate driving exclusively on smooth highway should ensure one with 20+ FE.
4.Squeaks have appeared from places beneath meter console. These appear only while driving through rough roadsonly. Otherwise the car feels solid.
5.The speakers/HU are awesome. This is what my cousin said" Are you sure these are stock units??".The speakers do Jarr at times while listening to certain songs.
6. Its a bug killer. After a long highway drive during night , i see Ecosport would have murdered plenty of bugs/insects, leaving plenty of stains on bonnet and OVRM's.

Overall very satisfied with Ecosport and looking forward to munch more miles!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20131110_150524.jpg  

Last edited by PrideRed : 11th November 2013 at 22:19.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 22:57   #5465
BHPian

Quote:
3000 KM Update:
1.Since the car was over 2500 KM did some spirited driving on NH 48. The car is not comfortable doing high 3 digit speeds. The engine is powerful enough for those long drives however its not comfortable doing 140 all day long.Again doing such speeds is not preferred for 2 reasons-Safety and lower FE .
2.Super stiff suspension setup ensures a slightly bouncy ride(Nothing to worry about though) but at the same time is extremely fun in doing the twisty's.
3.Overall FE is 18KM/l. Quite happy with the same. A sedate driving exclusively on smooth highway should ensure one with 20+ FE.
4.Squeaks have appeared from places beneath meter console. These appear only while driving through rough roadsonly. Otherwise the car feels solid.
5.The speakers/HU are awesome. This is what my cousin said" Are you sure these are stock units??".The speakers do Jarr at times while listening to certain songs.
6. Its a bug killer. After a long highway drive during night , i see Ecosport would have murdered plenty of bugs/insects, leaving plenty of stains on bonnet and OVRM's.

At times, because of the linear acceleration and the gearing, you do feel the need for the 6th gear, but really there isn't much grunt left in there. I just wish they had provided the cruise control, it would have been a boon for those long rides.
What tyre pressure do you maintain? I didn't feel it too bouncy. Bug Killer, oh yes especially in white you can count the number of bugs smashed.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:28   #5466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nice looking pic buddy! great background and looks beefy with"dont mess with me attitude"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I just wish they had provided the cruise control, it would have been a boon for those long rides.
What tyre pressure do you maintain? I didn't feel it too bouncy. Bug Killer, oh yes especially in white you can count the number of bugs smashed.
with you regarding cruise control, thats the only thing I am missing on my ecosport.
I asked my service manager at Mody ford to enquire about it, Ford replied saying they have to upgrade the ECU for that.Anyways keeping my fingers crossed hope for the upgrade to happen

Regarding tyre pressure.
I keep nitrogen between 31 and 33 depending on load.
I personally feel tyre pressure comfort is very subjective and you should try all pressures in the permissable limit to know what suits you best.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 11th November 2013 at 23:39. Reason: trying to edit excessive smileys
ecosport rules is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2013, 00:34   #5467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey sanjuspeaks,

Congrats mate on your new ride , good to hear another tit (opt) delivered.
A second time congratulations for the DRLs, I suggest you ask your mods guy to upgrade the lights to projectors with xenon also along with DRLs as it will definitely improve your lighting.

Feel bad about the scratches

For pictures of all accessories and details have a look at my initial ownership thread.
"My silver ford Ecosport Titanium(O)TDCi.First delivered in india"

1)Fords original Illuminated scuff plates and ambient light are of the best quality and perfect colour match to the in dash back light colour.All the aftermarket ones offer a different blue colour and look quite cheap.

2) I have changed the interior lights to bright white LEDs, they look awesome.

3)PM me about contact.

4) Good decision regarding hertz tweeters, it will improve the overall performance quite a bit.
Thanks ecosport rules for all those crisp replies.
Yeah ,I am getting the full set along with projectors & DRLs from Srinivas,Vizag.
How do you change the interior lights to LEDS?Are there any specifications and where do you get them?
What is" PM me about contact"?
Cheers!!!
Old 12th November 2013, 10:53   #5468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Thanks ecosport rules for all those crisp replies.
Yeah ,I am getting the full set along with projectors & DRLs from Srinivas,Vizag.
How do you change the interior lights to LEDS?Are there any specifications and where do you get them?
What is" PM me about contact"?
Cheers!!!
Just a clarification on your question. He wants you to send a Personal Message to ecosport_rules via the Team-bhp console with your contact details. If you need help on how to do this, let me know.
Old 12th November 2013, 12:29   #5469
VBR
BHPian

Okay! Today I had tears in my eyes. My SA calls me up and tells me "saaar, your car is in transit and will reach by next week". To all those who have waited for the car, just hang on! It's definitely worth the wait. The feeling you get when you're finally assured of your car is just priceless.

Coming back, I asked for the VIN number and he gave me this "BD82563" which when decoded turns out to be a June '13 manufactured car. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also is it okay to take a 4 month old car? Please do help me out here
Old 12th November 2013, 12:53   #5470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Okay! Today I had tears in my eyes. My SA calls me up and tells me "saaar, your car is in transit and will reach by next week". To all those who have waited for the car, just hang on! It's definitely worth the wait. The feeling you get when you're finally assured of your car is just priceless.

Coming back, I asked for the VIN number and he gave me this "BD82563" which when decoded turns out to be a June '13 manufactured car. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also is it okay to take a 4 month old car? Please do help me out here
If it is indeed a June13 model, I would be very wary. There are high chances of it being a display car or something that has been repaired. With Ecosport having such a long waiting list, there are absolutely no chances of it being lying unsold in the stockyard anywhere.
Which variant have you taken?
Please ask the dealer to give you an explanation. (if it is indeed Jun 13 model) Check the papers & do an extremely thorough PDI when it actually comes.

Last edited by anks_at : 12th November 2013 at 12:55.
Old 12th November 2013, 13:04   #5471
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fishy, Very Fishy.

Ask Ford and the dealer both directly how a June Manufactured vehicle is being shipped in Nov, when they have this huge booking list. It may indeed be a demo vehicle or atleast been used as one.

In Oct people have been getting Sep Manufactured vehicles.

Show them these posts.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 13:16   #5472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congratulation on your desire to buy Duster. Being a chennaite I would like to know who the Duster dealer is? All the best!
This is Khivraj Anna Nagar; close to junction where 100ft road cuts across Poonamallee High Road(towards Thirumangalam).
Old 12th November 2013, 13:40   #5473
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post

If it is indeed a June13 model, I would be very wary. There are high chances of it being a display car or something that has been repaired. With Ecosport having such a long waiting list, there are absolutely no chances of it being lying unsold in the stockyard anywhere.
Which variant have you taken?
Please ask the dealer to give you an explanation. (if it is indeed Jun 13 model) Check the papers & do an extremely thorough PDI when it actually comes.
Just spoke to the manager. The car I have booked is a white diesel titanium. When I spoke to her all she said was "it definitely won't be a June variant, and you probably didn't decode it properly". Can you please help me decode this: BD82563
Old 12th November 2013, 13:43   #5474
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Fishy, Very Fishy.

Ask Ford and the dealer both directly how a June Manufactured vehicle is being shipped in Nov, when they have this huge booking list. It may indeed be a demo vehicle or atleast been used as one.

In Oct people have been getting Sep Manufactured vehicles.

Show them these posts.
Hi there

I had the very same apprehensions. Could you please help me decode this : BD82563. The Manager claims that I didn't decode it properly and ford could never give me such an old car has it has been selling like hot cakes
Old 12th November 2013, 13:55   #5475
BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer is it and what's the version, Ecoboost, 1.5Petrol, Diesel & Color? Tell him that other folks have got cars manufactured in Oct or at max Sep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks