Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 02:10   #5506
BHPian

As I had promised earlier I have put my ownership review of my Ecosport 1.5D TREND variant (Mars Red) here in Team-bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ne-i-love.html

Tried to load it with info and pics but there could be somethings that I would have left untold. Would be happy to include them if you let me know.

Last edited by Jude300 : 13th November 2013 at 02:12.
Old 13th November 2013, 06:23   #5507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Guys in waiting for Ford Ecosport also consider the XUV500 W4 variant. The car is a powerhorse and ABS and EBD come embedded as default. And remember its a true SUV and a 7 seater car. My two cents !!
Just to clarify, XUV is not a true SUV and is a soft roader! Agree with the other parts of the benefits.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 09:11   #5508
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hey, all dealers do this but do not get perturbed. Do not get into a verbal fight at the time of booking. We know Ford's stance on this which is also the law, i.e. accessories, insurance and extended warranty are optional.

When the vehicle arrives and you are asked to pay, give the cheque/ DD only for the relevant amount deducting these "optional" items. Politely but firmly, tell the dealer will full confidence,that you have spoken to Ford Customer care about this. If there is a doubt, offer to make them speak to Ford Customer care about it. I am sure they wont as they know Ford's stance.

In my experience, they do not want customer to feel unhappy at the time of delivery. Atleast thats how I tackled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
My dealer just sent me this invoice. I questioned about the accessories and he tells me that it includes the Essential pack(read=mudflaps, floor mats) and road side assistance, and 3rd and 4th year "extended warranty". Is he trying to rip me off here? To all the Bangaloreans, did y'all pay 11.07 lakhs on road?
Old 13th November 2013, 09:29   #5509
BHPian

Mileage Update:
I have driven my ES Trend-D 1770 kms now and the mileage numbers look promising for the 2nd tankful which I did last time.
I did 941.5 kms in 44.20 litres. This comes out to be a 21.3 KMPL.
Fine print : There was no AC used during this period and drive on the heavy traffic route of Faridabad-Noida-Faridabad. Moreover I do have a very relaxed driving style.
Gear Switchover speeds which I use:
1st Gear : 0 -10 Kmph
2nd Gear : 10-25 Kmph
3rd Gear : 25-40 Kmph
4th Gear : 40-65 kmph
Above 60-65 I shift to the 5th gear.
The numbers do look heartening. Cheers !

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 13th November 2013 at 09:31. Reason: Grammatical Error
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 11:50   #5510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Insurance is a commitment from company. It should work when you really need it. Compare this with policies sold by private insurers Vs LIC.When it comes to reimbursement or paying back, Pvt companies avoid.

Better to buy insurance through a known channel(and from a reputed company) so that it gets easy when you need the service and reimbursements. Rememebr, you need dealer or service station support during the real crisis.

I am not advising to buy from dealer or pay more. But, take a calculated risk. I bought from dealer, as I thought it will help in building a relationship which may or may not help. But, its an investment.

Pl also check how much tax you have to pay on top of premium. Normally dealers quote complete payment and online quotes do not include tax to start with.
I had no issue in buying from them but their quote is ridiculously high. They are selling Royal Sundaram policy for 34k while the exact same stuff is available online for 20k. Why on earth would someone pay 15k extra to them, for no reason? Moreover, when it will come to settling claims, they have role to act. They'll simply call the insurance company to verify so no added benefit for going with them.
Old 13th November 2013, 11:52   #5511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Please maintain your stand and you have done the right thing by involving Ford. The dealer cannot force you to even get the registration done from them, leave aside insurance. Frustrating to see almost all of them behave in such a manner.
Sure, thanks. I will not give in for sure, even if means cancelling the booking. The dealer has clearly declined but I'm waiting for Ford to respond. Let's see.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:04   #5512
BHPian

Back to back posts: Please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks./

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
In my case, my SA isn't of much help. Ford gave me the VIN 12 days ago which even my SA isn't aware of till date and further, I had information yesterday that the car is in stock to which my SA even till a couple of hours ago had no clue of!
Have you got delivery of your vehicle yet ??

I have been hoodwinked again by Riddhi Ford. Inspite of repeated promises that the car will be delivered by Nov 10, no news as yet and doesnt seem that they are in a hurry either

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I think you booked from Riddhi Ford! I've always made my stance clear since the beginning to my SA that Finance and Insurance will be availed from outside. I've got the quotation which mentioned 25k for Park Assist, conveyed my displeasure at the price point to him and he was kind enough to understand my point. My car shall be reaching by this weekend!
Have you got delivery of your Ecosport yet ? When did you book ? What variant ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th November 2013 at 12:36.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:09   #5513
BHPian

Need advice.
I am used to a petrol car.
1. In ecosport diesel, I keep getting a strange behavior : I have stopped at say a red light. The signal turns green, I move 10 feet in 1st gear, shift into 2nd and am at around 25-30 kmph. The cars in front by now would have gone ahead 50 ft. I press the accelerator and nothing happens. The car remains at the same speed. I can see the rpm goes up to 1500-1800 range. I am forced to shift down, speed up in 1st gear and then shift up. keep getting honked by those behind.

I am aware there is a lag in diesel engines but this happens once in a while and not always in the same situation.

2. Another problem: I am at some speed x in say 3rd gear. I have to slow down so I brake and slow down. Then as I remove my foot off the brake the car seem to accelerate by itself.

3. Happened 3-4 times in last 10 days. Waiting to take a U turn in traffic, I take the turn and the engine stops. Looks like I can't turn the ignition and start again, I need to turn the key to a fully off position and then turn it on again.

Last edited by Srinivas C : 13th November 2013 at 13:10.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:43   #5514
BHPian

Will be going out of station, vehicle will be parked for atleast 17 days. Wanted to know the following:
1. How to disconnect the battery connection to avoid battery drain (Mine is an AT variant)?
2. Will the passive anti theft system be in operation even after disconnecting the battery (seems unlikely)?
3. Any other alternative that I should opt for if anti theft system is off due to no battery, like gear lock or steering lock (since gear lock for AT version may not be available)? Where to get that in Mumbai?
4. Any other precaution that I should take for leaving vehicle stationary for 17 days? Haven't left vehicle unattended for such a long time in the past. Someone from the family was always there to drive in my absence.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2013, 13:52   #5515
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am very sorry to hear about the incident

1.Did they do the same 2k technology coating?
Yes
2.Did they use sikkins or dupont?
Didn't check.
3.Have they painted the whole tail gate or part of it?
Full Tailgate with monograms taped and also the wheel cover. The frame to which the spare wheel is mounted was removed.
4.Did they do the High solids (HS)clear coating on top of paint?
yes
Have given the response inline in the quote above.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:55   #5516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Will be going out of station, vehicle will be parked for atleast 17 days. Wanted to know the following:
1. How to disconnect the battery connection to avoid battery drain (Mine is an AT variant)?
2. Will the passive anti theft system be in operation even after disconnecting the battery (seems unlikely)?
3. Any other alternative that I should opt for if anti theft system is off due to no battery, like gear lock or steering lock (since gear lock for AT version may not be available)? Where to get that in Mumbai?
4. Any other precaution that I should take for leaving vehicle stationary for 17 days? Haven't left vehicle unattended for such a long time in the past. Someone from the family was always there to drive in my absence.

Thanks in advance.
1. Remove the -ve terminal of the battery first. Heres is a link with pictures: http://www.wikihow.com/Disconnect-a-Car-Battery
Doesnt matter much if its AT.
2. Autocop & such (& central locking) wont work. Obviously the car cannot be started till the battery is reconnected, when the immobiliser comes into play.
3. Get at least a steering lock. (No idea of Mumbai. I am from NCR)
Did you ask your dealer for a gear lock? Is one available or recommended by them for AT. It never is in my experience for AT.
4. There are other things such as raising the tyres on wooden blocks etc which can be done to prevent dead/hard spots on the tyre. But I think 17 days is not a very long period so you should be fine. Do put a car cover if you have one to protect it from unnecessary dust etc. When you come back & start the engine let it idle for long to circulate the engine oil. Dont rev initially.
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:04   #5517
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Responding is a separate post as it is a different topic.

1) Don't disconnect the battery for trips up to 1 mth. I didn't in the Laura AT and it would start fine. Both being DSG. Petrol ecosport AT should start after a longer period compared to Diesel Laura which requires more power to start.
2) Switch off the Head unit and keep AC in off position. Lights too in off position.
3) Disable the light that goes on when you open the door by selecting the off position.
4) When you get back start the car in day time. You will possibly have to use the manual key as the door key fob buttons would be disabled ( don't remember after how many days)
5) Park in the shade.
6) Electrical accessories can spoil the above calculations.
If thieves are a major problem in your area. Remove the air in one of the front driver side tyre and fill up with a portable pump when you get back. :-). Just kidding.

Last edited by ACM : 13th November 2013 at 14:06.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:10   #5518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If thieves are a major problem in your area. Remove the air in one of the front driver side tyre and fill up with a portable pump when you get back. :-). Just kidding.
Quote:
Will be going out of station, vehicle will be parked for atleast 17 days.
On reading ACM's post, this came to my mind: remove the spare wheel & leave it inside your house! Not kidding
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:19   #5519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Need advice.
I am used to a petrol car.
1. In ecosport diesel, I keep getting a strange behavior : I have stopped at say a red light. The signal turns green, I move 10 feet in 1st gear, shift into 2nd and am at around 25-30 kmph. The cars in front by now would have gone ahead 50 ft. I press the accelerator and nothing happens. The car remains at the same speed. I can see the rpm goes up to 1500-1800 range. I am forced to shift down, speed up in 1st gear and then shift up. keep getting honked by those behind...
Try shifting at 2500 rpm. Things will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
...2. Another problem: I am at some speed x in say 3rd gear. I have to slow down so I brake and slow down. Then as I remove my foot off the brake the car seem to accelerate by itself...
That's the ECU regulating speed (via rpm) to prevent car from stalling. Please get used to it, use clutch to keep the acceleration under control or you might end up banging the vehicle in front. If you go slower than intended / designed for a particular gear, this "auto" acceleration happens. When you engage clutch, this problem would NOT occur.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th November 2013 at 14:25.
Old 13th November 2013, 14:22   #5520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Have you got delivery of your vehicle yet ??

I have been hoodwinked again by Riddhi Ford. Inspite of repeated promises that the car will be delivered by Nov 10, no news as yet and doesnt seem that they are in a hurry either
Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O) Chill Metallic booked on 30th June and was promised delivery within 3 months! I've seen the car in the Yard and shall be making the payment anytime now and most probably take delivery within a week's time! Nothing like an Auspicious time or date for me, whenever it is convenient I'll head to them.

Most notably, I had the matter taken up with Ford Customer Care by September End (3 Months) and used to Call them up quite frequently. Eat their heads otherwise they're not kind enough to give your Vehicle just like that.

Last edited by tsk13 : 13th November 2013 at 14:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks