Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 17:47   #5566
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Hi Guys,

My ES Tit D is giving me a mileage of 13-13.5 in city as per the odo and I believe it having done some rough calculations of my own. I have till now done only 650 kms. I had reset it last time at 450 kms. My average speed has been 25 km/hr. I know that the mileage will improve later but I feel right now it is almost 9 points less than the claimed number.

My travel route is Domlur through Old Airport Road to CGI. This is a jam packed area.

I am hoping it will atleast give me 16-17 once the engine opens up.

P.S. - I am a very sedate driver. I used to manage even 12/13 km/l with my Santro in Bangalore heavy traffic.
I am getting around 14-15 in heavy bangalore traffic. I have done 2400 Kms and a bulk of this is in the city. But I feel we need to put too much effort to get good mileage in TDCI compared to the national Engine.

Down shift early and don't push the pedal too much, allow the car to accelerate slowly. Using this method I get mileage above 17 in medium traffic but its really boring to drive like this :(

Last edited by sunilg33 : 15th November 2013 at 17:50.
Old 15th November 2013, 17:59   #5567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post

I am getting around 14-15 in heavy bangalore traffic. I have done 2400 Kms and a bulk of this is in the city. But I feel we need to put too much effort to get good mileage in TDCI compared to the national Engine.

Down shift early and don't push the pedal too much, allow the car to accelerate slowly. Using this method I get mileage above 17 in medium traffic but its really boring to drive like this :(
I am also having same issue. If I drive really sedate then I get 16-17 in city. But its really boring that way. The way I wish to drive I get 14 in city. Highways am not able to get more than 15. You just need to feather the throttle to get a good mileage .
Old 15th November 2013, 19:59   #5568
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

Just had a thought
Why doesnt ecosport have tv commercials like the duster and terrano?
Old 15th November 2013, 20:24   #5569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey guys,

Just had a thought
At THIS point in time, what's the point? Maybe from Q2 next year, when their order backlog is gone, and they have to fight for each new booking in the market...
Old 15th November 2013, 20:24   #5570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just had a thought
Haha, who needs it man, without advertisement they're not able to handle the demand, why would they even think of spending on ads now
Old 15th November 2013, 20:29   #5571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Their margins are too low to afford it!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 21:46   #5572
BHPian

Today was finalising on my list of accessories for my soon to be delivered Ecoboost baby.
Though have fair idea about the cost of all the accessories thanks to Team-BHP. Still gave a call to the spare parts manager in the dealership. He quoted almost correct/expected price for the accessories except the engine guard , for which he quoted Rs 8700/- but as per my knowledge the price is around 5500/-.
Can anyone confirm me the latest price of Ford Original(Plastic) Engine Guard?
Old 15th November 2013, 21:58   #5573
VBR
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just had a thought
I had a similar doubt. But come to think about it, they are yet to meet the current demands. Advertising is done only when they should sell more. That the ecosport has managed.

The Terrano and duster are being advertised just to make it all the more popular. They're trying to outsell the ES by their advertisements. I always feel that the best advertising one could get is the "word of mouth". Nothing could ever beat that, and the Ford has that going for them, so yeah, what's the point investing in advertising then?
VBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 00:01   #5574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Today was finalising on my list of accessories for my soon to be delivered Ecoboost baby.
Though have fair idea about the cost of all the accessories thanks to Team-BHP. Still gave a call to the spare parts manager in the dealership. He quoted almost correct/expected price for the accessories except the engine guard , for which he quoted Rs 8700/- but as per my knowledge the price is around 5500/-.
Can anyone confirm me the latest price of Ford Original(Plastic) Engine Guard?
8700 for a piece of plastic.(ABS)
It was 5500 when I bought it for my car in june ,how can the company increase the price by 3200 in 4 months?
Thats daylight robbery.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th November 2013 at 00:04.
Old 16th November 2013, 01:16   #5575

Can projector headlamps with drls other than stock ones be used legally,according to the motor vehicle department?
Old 16th November 2013, 01:58   #5576

Are projector headlamps/HID kits fitted as aftermarket ones[not stock ones ] illegal,according to the motor vehicle department rules?
Old 16th November 2013, 10:49   #5577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks View Post
Are projector headlamps/HID kits fitted as aftermarket ones[not stock ones ] illegal,according to the motor vehicle department rules?
As far as I guess, no its not illegal. Quite a few number of cars in market are now coming with them, if I do same, though aftermarket, I guess they wouldn't bother.
Old 16th November 2013, 18:50   #5578
BHPian

I just spoke to a DSA, in Delhi, who promised me ready delivery.
I was enquiring for a friend, who is interested in giving the car to his sister, on her wedding, next month.

The premium(black money), quoted was a whopping 1 lac, over the onroad cost & he said that I could get any color, in Titanium + version, ready delivery.

I was aghast & recommended my friend to go in for a Duster or a Saloon like vento instead.

My friend then called up an advert, given on OLX, promising ready delivery, got reply''Available for 1.10 lacs black''.

I am really glad that I cancelled my booking & didnt have to deal with these 'chor' Ford Dealers.

Just my humble opinion.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 21:55   #5579

I had booked my 1.5 P MT Tit Mars Red on 30th June. Metro Ford St.Mark's road had written on the payment receipt a waiting period of 4-6 months. Recently when I enquired the sales guy said it would come only in May 2014. On creating an uproar with Ford India and the dealership and going there today for the first time since booking, they gave in writing that delivery would be in February 2014.

I again took the test drive of the diesel variant. Now my dilemma is that presently I drive a 15 year old santro which I drive like an auto. I have great control over the vehicle and do many close calls daily. Today while driving the Ecosport I found it is really difficult to drive according to my auto driver style and I almost scrapped the left rear view mirror against a truck and had a near head on collision with an auto. My dad who drives a cedia sports had no problems however. But he felt the diesel engine was nowhere close to the Mitsubishi engine in terms of performance.

Should I stick with my Ecosport booking or buy an alto to suit my driving style saving 7 lakhs in the bargain?

Please suggest and advice
Old 17th November 2013, 00:37   #5580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
I had booked my 1.5 P MT Tit Mars Red on 30th June. Metro Ford St.Mark's road had written on the payment receipt a waiting period of 4-6 months. Recently when I enquired the sales guy said it would come only in May 2014. On creating an uproar with Ford India and the dealership and going there today for the first time since booking, they gave in writing that delivery would be in February 2014.

I again took the test drive of the diesel variant. Now my dilemma is that presently I drive a 15 year old santro which I drive like an auto. I have great control over the vehicle and do many close calls daily. Today while driving the Ecosport I found it is really difficult to drive according to my auto driver style and I almost scrapped the left rear view mirror against a truck and had a near head on collision with an auto. My dad who drives a cedia sports had no problems however. But he felt the diesel engine was nowhere close to the Mitsubishi engine in terms of performance.

Should I stick with my Ecosport booking or buy an alto to suit my driving style saving 7 lakhs in the bargain?

Please suggest and advice
Well if commuting is concerned any two-wheeler or Tata Nano will also do and you will save more than 7L!

Are you on a money saving spree or buying a vehicle for yourself? Decide that first. Later on you budget.

A free advise. Drive auto like an auto and a car like a car. You will get used to it and enjoy. Old habits die hard.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks