Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 17:19   #5491
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
So as Murphy would wish, the delivery of my Blue Ecosport got stuck at Elite Ford, Bangalore due to a stupid policy that they are claiming i.e. you can only buy insurance from us and not for outside. I don't believe this shit but not willing to budge. Their quote of Royal Sundaram is 34.5k, while the online quote comes to just 20k, why would anyone pay additional 14k? And their own guys have no clue.

Have written to gm.sales@eliteford.co.in and write2md@ford.com email ids. Let's see if they respond.

Anyone else had the same experience and what did you guys do? What about the incidental expenses and standard fitments? Those also forced on all customers?
Please maintain your stand and you have done the right thing by involving Ford. The dealer cannot force you to even get the registration done from them, leave aside insurance. Frustrating to see almost all of them behave in such a manner.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:26   #5492
VBR
BHPian

My dealer just sent me this invoice. I questioned about the accessories and he tells me that it includes the Essential pack(read=mudflaps, floor mats) and road side assistance, and 3rd and 4th year "extended warranty". Is he trying to rip me off here? To all the Bangaloreans, did y'all pay 11.07 lakhs on road?
Attached Images

Old 12th November 2013, 17:40   #5493
BHPian

Ford dealers have gone mad. Here in Bhopal the dealer is telling only the onroad price. When asked about the breakup in a sterner note, the SA comes out with a small slip and lo behold the onroad price has Insurance + RTO + Extended warranty + accessories worth of 32K.
I said i don't need the accessories and insurance will be mine and will decide on extended warranty later. To which came an arrogant reply came that ALL of this is compulsory. Without these we will not deliver the car. All i said that please don't fool the customer.
I think their moto is "wash your hands in the Ganges till it flows.. who knows when it will change course towards a maruti or a honda or toyota."
Old 12th November 2013, 18:35   #5494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
So as Murphy would wish, the delivery of my Blue Ecosport got stuck at Elite Ford, Bangalore due to a stupid policy that they are claiming i.e. you can only buy insurance from us and not for outside. I don't believe this shit but not willing to budge. Their quote of Royal Sundaram is 34.5k, while the online quote comes to just 20k, why would anyone pay additional 14k? And their own guys have no clue.

Have written to gm.sales@eliteford.co.in and write2md@ford.com email ids. Let's see if they respond.

Anyone else had the same experience and what did you guys do? What about the incidental expenses and standard fitments? Those also forced on all customers?
Insurance is a commitment from company. It should work when you really need it. Compare this with policies sold by private insurers Vs LIC.When it comes to reimbursement or paying back, Pvt companies avoid.

Better to buy insurance through a known channel(and from a reputed company) so that it gets easy when you need the service and reimbursements. Rememebr, you need dealer or service station support during the real crisis.

I am not advising to buy from dealer or pay more. But, take a calculated risk. I bought from dealer, as I thought it will help in building a relationship which may or may not help. But, its an investment.

Pl also check how much tax you have to pay on top of premium. Normally dealers quote complete payment and online quotes do not include tax to start with.

Last edited by Mallikarjun : 12th November 2013 at 18:37.
Old 12th November 2013, 18:53   #5495
BHPian

Question to all Ecoboost owners: Could you let me know what vital components are covered under extended warranty since the engine is imported.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 19:05   #5496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
So they are offering a lower booking amount to you now?
Not lower but normal booking amount of 50k.

They even apologized for the behavior.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:09   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Ford dealers have gone mad. Here in Bhopal the dealer is telling only the onroad price. When asked about the breakup in a sterner note, the SA comes out with a small slip and lo behold the onroad price has Insurance + RTO + Extended warranty + accessories worth of 32K.
I said i don't need the accessories and insurance will be mine and will decide on extended warranty later. To which came an arrogant reply came that ALL of this is compulsory. Without these we will not deliver the car. All i said that please don't fool the customer.
I think their moto is "wash your hands in the Ganges till it flows.. who knows when it will change course towards a maruti or a honda or toyota."
Guys this is happening because of one big reason "Ford's pathetic customer relationship management". They have no control on booking sequence. Have no control on deliveries. Though I myself have bought a ford vehicle but I blame it all on Ford. They are still not out of the hangover of the success of their only car. You mail to Suzuki HO and they simply jump on to help whereas Ford's customer care is pathetic and below all standards.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:13   #5498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Insurance is a commitment from company. It should work when you really need it. Compare this with policies sold by private insurers Vs LIC.When it comes to reimbursement or paying back, Pvt companies avoid.

Better to buy insurance through a known channel(and from a reputed company) so that it gets easy when you need the service and reimbursements. Rememebr, you need dealer or service station support during the real crisis.

I am not advising to buy from dealer or pay more. But, take a calculated risk. I bought from dealer, as I thought it will help in building a relationship which may or may not help. But, its an investment.

Pl also check how much tax you have to pay on top of premium. Normally dealers quote complete payment and online quotes do not include tax to start with.
Sorry to refute, sure the dealer would not be happy, but that does not change the nature of the insurance you took.

A Royal Sundaram insurance independent of the dealer is cheaper, but would work as good as the same insurance through the dealer.

And there is nothing like a spurious insurance that you cannot trust the online sellers.

Also, from my experience, online quotes include taxes.

I saved close to 20K getting my own insurance. That 20K, I can put to better use.

Never buy insurance from the dealer. If you like him a lot, give him a bakshish.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 19:15   #5499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Guys this is happening because of one big reason "Ford's pathetic customer relationship management". They have no control on booking sequence. Have no control on deliveries. Though I myself have bought a ford vehicle but I blame it all on Ford. They are still not out of the hangover of the success of their only car. You mail to Suzuki HO and they simply jump on to help whereas Ford's customer care is pathetic and below all standards.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:16   #5500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Question to all Ecoboost owners: Could you let me know what vital components are covered under extended warranty since the engine is imported.

Thanks
As per the dealer, extended warranty covers only the engine and the gearbox.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:22   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Just my 2 cents. The Duster now is at the fag end of its life and badly needs a face lift. The clutch feels very hard and the steering wheel very vague. Pathetic after sales service The new improved duster face lift is down the corner, you might regret when the new duster zips by you. Advantages of the new duster. 1.better clutch 2.better looking alloy wheels 3.improved dashboard and instrument cluster. 4.better controls. 5.the audio controls are actually steering wheel mounted this time 6.and hope their pathetic after sales service improves
Hey thanks Ecosport_rules.... Any idea when is it expected ?
Old 12th November 2013, 20:54   #5502
BHPian

Guys in waiting for Ford Ecosport also consider the XUV500 W4 variant. The car is a powerhorse and ABS and EBD come embedded as default. And remember its a true SUV and a 7 seater car. My two cents !!
Old 12th November 2013, 21:03   #5503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
My dealer just sent me this invoice. I questioned about the accessories and he tells me that it includes the Essential pack(read=mudflaps, floor mats) and road side assistance, and 3rd and 4th year "extended warranty". Is he trying to rip me off here? To all the Bangaloreans, did y'all pay 11.07 lakhs on road?
If the car you booked is a Titanium Diesel, then i guess price quoted to you seem right. I had paid 11.2x for my Titanium which came with Push button and keyless entry.
Old 12th November 2013, 22:52   #5504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
I have made up my mind to cancel my Ecosport booking. And buy a Duster.

Here's my story. I booked a Ecoboost Titanium Mars Red on 11 July at Chennai Ford and was told a waiting time between 3 and 4 months. Once 3 months were over, I started getting some bad vibes about the messages I was hearing from the SA and the CRM Manager.
-Son loves the touchscreen display in Duster(the dealer is offering a OEM replacement with a system that had CD, DVD, USB and aux in and can also play movies on the small screen .
Hey congrats buddy...good to see that you made up your mind. I am in the same boat...booked EcoSport and was told a wait period of 8 months. Wonder if they will take even longer. Having second thoughts and more or less the same considerations...poor suspension, less space etc. It's only been a month for me though...so I will wait another couple of months and then decide. In the meantime, did the dealer waive your cancellation fee? What's the replacement system Duster dealer is offering and for how much? Which version did you drive 85 or 110? Good luck with the buy...
Old 13th November 2013, 00:21   #5505
BHPian

Does anyone know how to track shipment in aliexpress.com?? I dont know if this's the right place for this question but so many ecosport owners have bought so many stuffs from this site I thought someone could help me out here. I just cant track the items with the tracking number provided by the site.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks