Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2014, 18:39   #6241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Reasoning by Cartoq why you should not buy an Ecosport! http://www.cartoq.com/why-you-should...ford-ecosport/
Reads like regular link bait. Only written to draw traffic. Nothing new in there that people don't know. Are people still booking the Ecosport knowing the 13-14 months waiting time being quoted ?
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 18:45   #6242
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Reasoning by Cartoq why you should not buy an Ecosport! http://www.cartoq.com/why-you-should...ford-ecosport/
I just read this link. I would be highly displeased if I had booked this vehicle or indeed, even if I were in the market for this vehicle.
Very poor show for a company that has been in India and been selling cars in this country for nearly 18 years.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:00   #6243
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Shankar, on the lines of what you said:
While the car has new engine - more like a trend setter, It did have some advantages like a better view than from/in other hatches, due to it's height.

The compactness that Ford has hyped up as an advantage is for me is a big negative. While these two points (view, compactness) would be favored especially by women drivers- the vehicle becomes pretty much a hatch esp once you step out of the city and need the space for luggage. Or for people too.

One can argue that the requirement for compactness is seen more often than the requirement for space, but a vehicle needs to be ready for all kinds of running. It does not need to have the luggage space of a Scorpio Gateway / Xenon, but it doesnt help to be the size of a hatch.

IMO - it's a strictly a city vehicle. What ever balance it had is now lost due to the price hikes. A little more and I can get a Terrano / Duster. A little more & there are fairly new SUV's too.

Last edited by condor : 11th January 2014 at 20:02.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:08   #6244
BHPian

Checked with the dealer on my booking status. Finally after 7 months allotment has been done - albeit with a price rise ( rather 2 ). I should be getting it delivered within a couple of weeks.
Seems they got 6 /T delivered in the first 6 months and this month there has been 3 A/T allotted. Pretty transparent in terms of the allotment as i have been following their excel tracker month after month.

Now comes the time to decide , Should i or Should i not ?
With a price increase of around a lakh OTR, which translates to around 10% definitely have a sense of being fleeced by Ford India.

Finally its all upto my better half as the car is supposedly being bought for her. Shes deciding between Brio and Ecosport. Brio was considered only because of the delay and at around 3.5L cheaper it sure makes more sense to my left side of the brain

Cheers.
Old 11th January 2014, 20:11   #6245
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Shankar, on the lines of what you said: While the car has new engine - more like a trend setter, It did have some luggage space of a Scorpio Gateway / Xenon, but it doesnt help to be the size of a hatch. IMO - it's a strictly a city vehicle. What ever balance it had is now lost due to the price hikes. A little more and I can get a Terrano / Duster. A little more & there are fairly new SUV's too.

You know. By this 'space' yardstick so is the Yeti a small city vehicle. However, for me and my wife plus all our luggage including golf bag etc, it serves very well indeed!
Old 11th January 2014, 20:32   #6246
Senior - BHPian

The reasons given by cartoq has only to do with the delivery issues and not finding fault with the vehicle as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A little more and I can get a Terrano / Duster. A little more & there are fairly new SUV's too.
In the first 'little more' spending, i lose the refinement and the chances to find a dealership close to me.

In the additional 'little more' spending, i lose on the fuel efficiency as well!
Old 11th January 2014, 20:44   #6247
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ramzsys, you dont have to spend little more & little more. Rather, you can spend lesser than on an EcoSport and still get refined vehicles, and vehicles with better space, and pretty good FE too. It's all about balance.

And about a dealership close-by, well, the efficiency of a dealership was never directly proportional to how close it is. Maybe the occasional one, but ...

From your post it looks like you like the Ecosport. Please do get one - I dont think a justification is required

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2014 at 18:56. Reason: Please don't use acronyms (i.e. ES). Thank you!
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 09:54   #6248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just read this link. I would be highly displeased if I had booked this vehicle or indeed, even if I were in the market for this vehicle.
Very poor show for a company that has been in India and been selling cars in this country for nearly 18 years.
Agreed, the manufacturer could have put up a better show. But seeing EcoSport as a product to a customer, I have hardly seen customers getting dissatisfied about it. In fact, a whole lot have themselves posted on the same thread that it is worth any amount of wait. While the whole buying process is being a gripe, once it is bought, the product makes the customer forget all he went through to wait for it. I'm not some EcoSport-smitten person talking, but I've been following up this thread all along closely and that is something I infer from the once who own one.
vvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 10:21   #6249
BHPian

I happened to read this:

The 999cc engine comes in two guises: with 99bhp and 123bhp. Both variants’ max torque is 125lb ft from a subterranean 1400rpm, though the 123bhp unit has an overboost function, which cranks peak torque up to 148lbft for a 30-second overtaking burst.

excerpt from:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...oboost-review/

Ford never advertised this in India. Does this mean our Ecoboosts don't have this overboost function?
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 12:47   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I agree the interior quality is no match to VW/Skoda, but does feel robust and solid enough to last long.w.r.to rattling my Vento TDi has done 25K and already have couple of rattles. Quality does not always mean rattle free. Also if you closely notice the quality of certain materials in Ecosport is quite good just that they are too flashy which makes it look cheap.
Its definitely robust mechanically and from other aspects. But in terms of plastics especially the dash and door panel, I have my doubts.
Just completed 2.7K kms and there is some vibratory noise from either the left door panel, left A pillar or the dash itself on rough roads. Haven't been able to pin point the exact spot, have tried to empty the tray and check, still it persists.

Two areas of concern are shown below
1) That strip of chrome like plastic could fall off any minute.

2) This area with large panel gaps
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosport24.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosport25.jpg  

sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 14:11   #6251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Its definitely robust mechanically and from other aspects. But in terms of plastics especially the dash and door panel, I have my doubts.
Just completed 2.7K kms and there is some vibratory noise from either the left door panel, left A pillar or the dash itself on rough roads. Haven't been able to pin point the exact spot, have tried to empty the tray and check, still it persists.

Two areas of concern are shown below
1) That strip of chrome like plastic could fall off any minute.

2) This area with large panel gaps

I agree on the first point you mentioned.It is not stuck properly.
Haven't faced issues on point 2 you mentioned.
Also i have covered around 8K and most of distance is covered between Mangalore-Bangalore. The Road in Shiradi is non-existent.Despite this there is not a single rattle yet(Touchwood).
There are some weak spots w.r.to fit and finish, but then all cars have. For example VW Vento we have (which is the benchmark in this department) has had its AC blower vents broken atleast 3-4 times and still keeps falling off after replace. The Rearview mirror knob keeps falling off.

The main reason why one see Ecosport's plastic quality as poor is because it is Shiny/glossy. Most of the other manufacturers use material of similar quality but with matte/dull finish which looks pleasing/upmarket. If you see the lower part of Ecosport dashboard,looks fairly upmarket compared to glossy black part. Also IIRC the Ford imports Dashboard from Germany. I dont mean to say that all products from Germany are of high quality but its always pleasing to hear Made in Germany/Made in India than Made in China .

The biggest advantage of Ecosport which none of the Sedan or Hatch provide is,One can push it through corners,munch miles on a four lane highways and take on really rough/bad road without any worry.
Old 12th January 2014, 15:40   #6252
BHPian

Hello! I was confused between two cars when I decided to change my Honda City from 2004 . Verna Fluidic was what I fell in love with when it was launched in 2011 but then , I couldnt buy it back then . Now when I was all set to buy myself a verna, ford launched its mini suv. I went to the Hyundai showroom and they said that the max time for delivery would be 20 days. I was not too sure about the Verna now because it was already an old car since it was launched quite a few years ago. I went to the Ford Showroom to enquire aboutvthe Evosport but I was shocked to hear that the waiting period was 6-8 months. I left the showroom disappointed but then remembered a few good friends who are doingvwell in the auto business. I was given a deal- pay a premium amount and get the ecosport petrol 1.5 trend in 5 days. Though I wanted a blue or the Mars Red, the only option I had was black so with a heavy heart , I settled for it. Anyway , my car has arrived at the showroom and its just a couple of finance things that need to be taken care of . Now , I would like to know , what are the accessories that you would suggest that I add on, in my black ecosport trend. I am thinking about , 1-Reverse Camera (would sensors be ok to save cost) 2-Roof Rail 3-Fog Lights 4-Day Time Running Lamp

If given a choice, what would you add ?

Last edited by lover_guy_001 : 12th January 2014 at 15:51.
Old 12th January 2014, 16:10   #6253
BANNED

Re: My Ecosport Trend is almost here (Suggestions)

First of all, congrats on your new car.!

coming to the accessories,
1. Reverse Camera - i guess the reverse sensors are just enough to guide you. However the added camera is always an advantage. But only a reverse camera without beep and sensor isn't good enough.

2. Roof rails - i don't think this is of any use in the car. It only makes your car look good though.

3. Fog lamps - these lights come handy many a times in rain, foggy weather etc. You might wanna install this for better driving visibility.

4. DRL's - these lights are of not much use in India. Makes your car looks good and different. If you're ready to spend more cash on it, it's up to you.

Additionally you might add these following things in your car,
1. Alloy wheels
2. Leather Seat covers
3. Light tint on the glass., with 60% visibility. (Not sure if this is legal though)
4. Upgrade audio system.

I might me right or wrong in my suggestion above. Its just my opinion
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 17:41   #6254
BHPian

Thank You for the reply.
Bro, adding Alloy of good looks + quality would push my budget towards the north. Amongst my choice of accessories , I guess the Reverse Camera would be the most expensive buy so swapping it with Alloys(also expensive) would be like compromising with the smooth driving part of it.

Ecosport without the Roof Rails look a bit incomplete and my car is not the titanium version so maybe , the add on roof rail would make it look more handsome.

I am very adamant about the fog lamps because in Calcutta , it rains pretty strong in the monsoons so it will be safe to have that thing.

I am not very aware of the DRL's at the moment so that would be a price dependant add-on.

As you suggested about audio system , I'd like to say that the majority in the forum says that the default audio system is pretty great so I will stick with that.

Seat covers seem to be a good idea though.

Just that I am not too sure about the Parking Camera versus the Reverse Sensor thing.
Old 12th January 2014, 18:07   #6255
BHPian

Is DRL available off the shelves as an official accessory?! I doubt that. My wishlist for you would be:

1. Yup, Seat covers.
2. Roof rails.
3. Reverse camera, with that display filling up the EcoSport logo sported on the dash,
4. Alloys, come on, what else could make EcoSport a true muscle!
5. Fog lamps, though not the least.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks