Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 12:12   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
As per the dealer, I am first in line and should get allotment this month - but paying 1 more lakh for something delivered months later - all because of ford's attitude towards indian market , somehow does leave a bad taste.
Cheers.
My small suggestion on this, and only because you have booked the AT version.
DO NOT cancel this booking if you are due to get it next month. This is, perhaps, the best spec-ed AT in this price range and quite a bit above and below.
After around 3 months of ownership, I'd happily have paid even today's prices for this vehicle, simply because nothing else comes close as a complete package.
This observation is ONLY for the AT variant.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:40   #6227
BHPian

Hi all,

I have been following this thread since the launch of Ecosport and booked AT version on July 10th from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore.

After waiting for 5 Months cancelled my booking in early December as i am in the waiting list No.7 for Mars Red. As per the latest delivery list given by Ford for 2014, i may need to wait alteast another 8 months. However like to thank Sales manager Mrs.Veena for her patience and attention to the customers.

Got full refund in a week time with no cancellation charges.

Decided to go with XUV500 by spending some more bugs and got it delivered on 21st Dec.

Thanks to all for your wonderful reviews and discussions in this threat.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:26   #6228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi all,

I have been following this thread since the launch of Ecosport and booked AT version on July 10th from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore.

After waiting for 5 Months cancelled my booking in early December as i am in the waiting list No.7 for Mars Red. As per the latest delivery list given by Ford for 2014, i may need to wait alteast another 8 months. However like to thank Sales manager Mrs.Veena for her patience and attention to the customers.

Got full refund in a week time with no cancellation charges.

Decided to go with XUV500 by spending some more bugs and got it delivered on 21st Dec.

Thanks to all for your wonderful reviews and discussions in this threat.
Bugs and threats?

Looks like the dealer took you for a ride. For all you know they would have sold your turn to somebody else at a premium. There is no way we can find out what our real turn was. Did they show you the bookings list?

Last edited by blacksport : 10th January 2014 at 13:27.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:02   #6229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My small suggestion on this, and only because you have booked the AT version.
DO NOT cancel this booking if you are due to get it next month. This is, perhaps, the best spec-ed AT in this price range and quite a bit above and below.
After around 3 months of ownership, I'd happily have paid even today's prices for this vehicle, simply because nothing else comes close as a complete package.
This observation is ONLY for the AT variant.
Exactly my point.
If it was any other variant - would have cancelled it already.
Agree with you on the point of Ecosport being the most complete package at this price range.

Cheers.
Unbranded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 14:31   #6230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Bugs and threats?

Looks like the dealer took you for a ride. For all you know they would have sold your turn to somebody else at a premium. There is no way we can find out what our real turn was. Did they show you the bookings list?
Yes, i have seen the booking list with dates of each variant, also i checked the list of vehicles allotted in the Month of October and November.

Before going for cancellation i have seen the Ford allotment details for 2014. In that they clearly mentioned quantity of Ecosports that are going to be delivered to the dealer in month wise and variant wise but there is no details of colour.

For AT i could see only 1 per month.
Old 10th January 2014, 15:13   #6231
BHPian

Hi Folks,

My EcoSport AT's 3 months service is due this week. My ODO reading is still less than 1200KM as I was out of country for a while and hence didn't drive it much. I'm wondering whether I should go for oil change or not. Most likely, I will give it a skip and may be get it changed once i cross 3000KM. Will that be a good strategy or shall i get it changed anyways?

Secondly, even after using Colin regularly, I find the windshield glass not very clear. Is this a common phenomenon and is there a solution available?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2014, 16:05   #6232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
...My EcoSport AT's 3 months service is due this week. My ODO reading is still less than 1200KM as I was out of country for a while and hence didn't drive it much. I'm wondering whether I should go for oil change or not. Most likely, I will give it a skip and may be get it changed once i cross 3000KM. Will that be a good strategy or shall i get it changed anyways?..
If you are having warranty, follow what the manual says.

Quote:
...Secondly, even after using Colin regularly, I find the windshield glass not very clear. Is this a common phenomenon and is there a solution available?...
Was the car parked in open space? You could also try cleaning the windshield using Cibaca paste and a wet sponge, rubbing it in circles and washing it off after a good rub.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th January 2014 at 16:06.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 16:45   #6233
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

My EcoSport AT's 3 months service is due this week. My ODO reading is still less than 1200KM as I was out of country for a while and hence didn't drive it much. I'm wondering whether I should go for oil change or not. Most likely, I will give it a skip and may be get it changed once i cross 3000KM. Will that be a good strategy or shall i get it changed anyways?

Secondly, even after using Colin regularly, I find the windshield glass not very clear. Is this a common phenomenon and is there a solution available?

Thanks in advance.
1200km is too low for an oil change. As you are contemplating, put off oil change to 2500km or 3000km. Official oil change isn't until 10k km during second service.
Old 10th January 2014, 16:56   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you are having warranty, follow what the manual says.

Was the car parked in open space? You could also try cleaning the windshield using Cibaca paste and a wet sponge, rubbing it in circles and washing it off after a good rub.
Actually, change of oil was to take care of fine metal slivers which may have made their way into the oil because the engine is new. It is also recommended in Team BHP "Advice" section on "How to run in your new car". Anyways, will take a call on this.

On cleaning the windshield, I park my car in open office parking during daytime and covered car parking at home in the night. Will wait to see how service centre guys clean it. Will try the toothpaste method if no improvement is visible.

On first service related query: I heard it's very elementary. Do they wash the car and/or engine bay as well during first service?
Cheers.
Old 10th January 2014, 18:07   #6235
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, change of oil was to take care of fine metal slivers which may have made their way into the oil because the engine is new. It is also recommended in Team BHP "Advice" section on "How to run in your new car". Anyways, will take a call on this.

On cleaning the windshield, I park my car in open office parking during daytime and covered car parking at home in the night. Will wait to see how service centre guys clean it. Will try the toothpaste method if no improvement is visible.

On first service related query: I heard it's very elementary. Do they wash the car and/or engine bay as well during first service?
Cheers.
Don't waste money on it. If it was required, FORD would have specified that.

Car wash would involve exteriors and engine bay. The insides would be vacuumed.

By the way which workshop are you taking it to? Please provide feed-back on their attitude and skill levels. As I got my car a month after your's (from same dealer), I would also be taking it for first service around middle of Feb.
Old 10th January 2014, 18:59   #6236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
By the way which workshop are you taking it to? Please provide feed-back on their attitude and skill levels. As I got my car a month after your's (from same dealer), I would also be taking it for first service around middle of Feb.
Will be taking it to Wasan Ford Deonar Service Centre. I think they have only one service centre. Will let you know about my experience.
Old 10th January 2014, 19:20   #6237
BHPian

Just received my OBD scanner device from Ali-e . Cost me 11USD and 2 weeks delivery time . It has the power on-off switch but I cant close the flap (right side over throttle , below headlight switch ) with the device inside. Reading the parameters all right with Torque Pro software for android.

Funny part is I never knew the "storage area" i was using as change/toll ticket pocket was the place I need to connect this device Lol

Also recvd my silicone key cover for $2.5 after a wait of 2 months .
Old 10th January 2014, 21:27   #6238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your service centre guys are going to deny this. I had done this for my car. If the car runs on mineral oil, I suggest a change. That's NOT going to cost much. It can have ONLY advantage and NO disadvantage. But NOT a mandate too.

Quote:
...On cleaning the windshield, I park my car in open office parking during daytime and covered car parking at home in the night...
I suggest you flip the wiper stalks up since the car would be standing in the sun. It can ruin the wipers and cause scratch marks later.
Old 11th January 2014, 11:20   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance.
Clean with clear vinegar mixed with water (available in any supermarket).
Old 11th January 2014, 18:29   #6240
Distinguished - BHPian

Reasoning by Cartoq why you should not buy an Ecosport!

http://www.cartoq.com/why-you-should...ford-ecosport/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks