Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:21   #6976
Team-BHP Support

Re: Should one go ahead with Ford Ecosport 1.5 AT or wait for 1.0 ecoboost AT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
"Just Adequate" is an understatement for the 1.5L TDCi engine that is on the EcoSport. A totally lovable engine with nice performance and mileage figures.

I have driven a BHPians EcoSport 1.5 D for a short while and loved the way it drove and behaved. It is peppy engine that does justice to both - FE run and spirited driving.
Anurag you got confused

He is referring to the the 1.5P engine with the AT. That is just adequate. Problem with this motor is lack of mid range. You need to rev it to extract the best out of it. Being an automatic that's not always easy.

Anyways, you don't have much of a choice right now as the Ecoboost with DSG is only available in the Fiesta (launched recently in Malaysia) and they haven't done this combo on the Ecosport.

Moreover as Ajmat said, the Ecoboost already has premium pricing and is close to diesel price. With an AT the price would jump up too much making out of reach for buyers.

That said it would be a lovely, almost perfect combination.

Alternately, many people are going for the Honda City AT. It's a very good package and since it's for your folks, it's worth considering. Performance and efficiency will be better than the Ecosport plus you get more space and a proper boot. The SV CVT with all safety features is even priced close to the Ford.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd April 2014 at 08:23.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:43   #6977
BHPian

The incident mentioned is very unfortunate indeed. I understand given the design Ford keeping weight concentrated to lower body to keep CG low.. but then it shud b compensated by reinforcing A, B pillars adequately. I'm keen on buying an Ecosport, should this be a deterrent or its one off? Gurus pls chip in !!
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:29   #6978
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Anurag you got confused

He is referring to the the 1.5P engine with the AT. That is just adequate. Problem with this motor is lack of mid range. You need to rev it to extract the best out of it. Being an automatic that's not always easy.
Oops, My bad. The EcoSport 1.5 was me toned hence I thought he was referring to the TDCi. I didn't know there is a 1.5L P engine too or may be I have become a diesel-head after driving the 1.3L MJD so petrol engines get lest attention of mine. :P

Anurag.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:47   #6979
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Thanks to all of you for the info. after extensively test driving the the TDCi , ecoboost and fiesta 1.5 AT i decided to go ahead with ecosport 1.5 titanium and booked it.

The harpreet ford showroom in moti nagar delhi quoted 8 months where as their showroom in prashant vihar promised 4 months.
Have they re-opened bookings? In Pune dealers are not even willing to talk of bookings, let alone quote delivery. Or is there some trick I am missing?
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:46   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Well I also repent my decision to buy a Ford vehicle. I do not mean to hurt anybody but mine is unique case may be.
I have already done 9600 kms. But since I bought, it has a strange intermittent pickup issue.
The ECU captures nothing about this error and hence ford dealers say they can do nothing about it. There is no way to raise my grievience in Ford. Be it their twitter page or the Facebook. They damn care.
Next is to try sending a registered letter to CEO and dealer to get this rectified.
I would like to clarify that when the car does not have this issue it's a wonderful car. Super pickup and great mileage.
But every time this problem comes in I really repent my decision. This would have been Suzuki, Honda or Toyota it would been much easier to get this resolved.
Hello Guys.
A good news to share that my car has been finally worked upon and the car seems bug free now.
Here are the details as to what happened and how.
I wrote a letter to the CEO via all channels : registered letter, Facebook Page, Email to all possible emails.
After a day, I got a call from GM Services of Riddhi Ford, Delhi. The same day I delivered the car to the service station and what I got was a 4 year old Fiesta as a breakdown backup car to commute to office.

After 3 days, I got the car back and according to Mr. Krishna (GM Services), the below activities were done on my car:
1. Full electrical checkup on all points as per the instructions of Ford Technical support team (Chennai) was done. Nothing malignant was found.

2. Then the clutch was inspected and it was found that either during the PDI or at manufacturing, a vacuum bubble was left over in the clutch fluid path(though I did not understand it). Somehow ECU firmware version 6.3 was behaving erratically because of the changing pressure on the clutch plate and hence giving me intermittent pickup/heavy run issues. They did a full bleeding of the clutch fluid.

3. Also they erased the ECU firmware version 6.3 and re-burnt version 6.8 (the latest ECU firmware version) into the ROM.

After all this, my Ecosport is running super smooth and it has been 5 days now and I have not seen any issues. Infact the car is running smoother than before. The super smooth drive - which I have been deprived since I bought this- has made me a fan of this car now.

Along with this I also got it serviced for 10000 kms and 2100 was a the total bill.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:58   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
A good news to share that my car has been finally worked upon and the car seems bug free now.
Good to know that Harpreet. You can expect better mileage now. Where you charged for it? Can you bifurcate the 2100 buck service bill?

Cheers !
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:10   #6982
BHPian

My second service had cost me 3500 rs. 150/200 was pick up and drop charges
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:32   #6983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
My second service had cost me 3500 rs. 150/200 was pick up and drop charges
I believe that included wheel alignment and Balancing as well.
I was seeing the service charges until 1lac and none of the charges were crossing 6.5 K. Most of them being 4-5K.
For some of the service intervals, the cost is cheaper than Figo as well. Now i must say that's quite cheap to maintain, cheaper than a Maruthi as well .
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:37   #6984
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

I believe that included wheel alignment and Balancing as well.
I was seeing the service charges until 1lac and none of the charges were crossing 6.5 K. Most of them being 4-5K.
For some of the service intervals, the cost is cheaper than Figo as well. Now i must say that's quite cheap to maintain, cheaper than a Maruthi as well.
Does Ford use Synthetic oil or mineral? As you have quoted Maruti here, service costs are in lower level if one tries to use mineral oil but when synthetic oil is filled the oil cost itself touches 3.5K, hence service bills are higher. It all depends on what the customer wants.

I am happy that Ford is shedding of the image that it has of costly/high maintainence company.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd April 2014 at 22:38.
Old 23rd April 2014, 23:27   #6985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Does Ford use Synthetic oil or mineral? As you have quoted Maruti here, service costs are in lower level if one tries to use mineral oil but when synthetic oil is filled the oil cost itself touches 3.5K, hence service bills are higher. It all depends on what the customer wants.

I am happy that Ford is shedding of the image that it has of costly/high maintainence company.

Anurag.
Ford used mineral oil for ecosport and hence in the long term the maintenance cost will not be too high compared to the ddis engine.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 23:59   #6986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Ford used mineral oil for ecosport and hence in the long term the maintenance cost will not be too high compared to the ddis engine.

Are you sure regarding the mineral oil usage?
The service manager showed me a drum full of castrol magnatec during my second service which was meant for both pertol and diesel Ecosports, isn't magnatec synthetic or semi synthetic ?

Please clarify.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140425000528.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 25th April 2014 at 00:11.
Old 25th April 2014, 00:18   #6987
BANNED

Quote:
If mineral oil is used then the changing interval is 5000 kms and if synthetic oil is used it is 10000 kms, some manufacturers say 15000 kms on synthetic oil is also OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Are you sure regarding the mineral oil usage? The service manager showed me a drum full of castrol magnatec during my second service which was meant for both pertol and diesel Ecosports, isn't magnatec synthetic or semi synthetic?
If the grade used is 0W40 or 5W40 then it is Synthetic. If 15W40, then it is mineral oil. What does Ford use regularly in the EcoSport?

Anurag.
Old 25th April 2014, 07:19   #6988
BHPian

Quote:

3. Also they erased the ECU firmware version 6.3 and re-burnt version 6.8 (the latest ECU firmware version) into the ROM.
Great stuff!

Can we also choose to update the firmware when given to service?
Is it customary that they try to update it every service or we have to request explicitly?
Old 25th April 2014, 08:35   #6989
BHPian

Sorry the manual mentions that synthetic oil (5w30) is the recommended one.
In my first service the SA told that the oil is mineral oil and hence I got confused. Then the service costs will be on the higher side for sure.
Can anyone share the breakup of the service costs. My 10k service is due this week.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 25th April 2014 at 08:39.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:24   #6990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Good to know that Harpreet. You can expect better mileage now. Where you charged for it? Can you bifurcate the 2100 buck service bill?

Cheers !
Quote:
Sorry the manual mentions that synthetic oil (5w30) is the recommended one.
In my first service the SA told that the oil is mineral oil and hence I got confused. Then the service costs will be on the higher side for sure.
Can anyone share the breakup of the service costs. My 10k service is due this week.
Well I have attached below the scanned copy of the bill they charged me.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-first-service-bill.jpg
The oil used was an non-synthetic oil 10W30. They have changed the diesel filter too in this 10K service.

Unfortunately the car again started running heavy today. I again talked to Krishna (GM Service Riddhi Ford). He would be again talking to Ford India and come back to me. According to him the issue seems to be coming from sensors as sometimes they are behaving erratically and hence the issues. According to him, Oxygen sensor and a few sensors may be requiring a replacement. I have already lost patience and even after this spree of changes done by Ford the issue does not get rectified, I will sell off my car. Cannot drive for another 5 years with so frequent visits to service station.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 25th April 2014 at 11:26. Reason: Grammatical error
harpreetsubhi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks