Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 17:38   #7096
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford India has announced that it has re-opened bookings for the EcoSport compact SUV. The company claims that it has delivered 50,000 units of the EcoSport and considerably reduced its waiting period.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 8th May 2014 at 17:45.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 19:29   #7097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
As far as the DRLs are concerned, it has already been discussed earlier in the thread that the Signature Headlamps (Headlight assembly with DRLs from Ford) are not bright enough in daylight to be noticeable while the after-market ones (some call them neons) are brighter, turn on indicators too and they don’t involve cutting of wires while installing. You can have a look at “ecosport rules” thread for that matter. The same can be installed in Delhi/NCR too. I’ll be getting them soon.
From where are you getting them installed? The Shoppe Accessories, RK Puram?
Old 8th May 2014, 20:58   #7098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
This is wrong information! I have purchased an aftermarket fog light for 2K and fitted it on my Ecosport Trend from the Ford Dealer itself. And they did some programming and it worked just like stock (in Titanium model) i.e., the on/off indication show up in the display console. And you use the same stock knob to turn on/off. The problem is convincing your Ford dealer to do it.
So, I can still get the fog lights installed from aftermarket without violating my warranty terms, but there will be no stock knob and console indication. Is that correct? Can I also install parking sensors and camera from aftermarket? I don't mind non-stock indicators, screens and switches for the parking assists either.

I'm asking this in case I'm not able to convince my dealer. My dealer is charging 25k just for fog lamps, engine guard and spare wheel cover and 22k for parking camera.

All accessories offered by my dealer are highly exorbitant. Therefore, I'm looking to get most of my accessories from aftermarket as long as they don't violate warranty terms.

Last edited by dsunn : 8th May 2014 at 21:09.
Old 8th May 2014, 21:35   #7099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
So, I can still get the fog lights installed from aftermarket without violating my warranty terms, but there will be no stock knob and console indication. Is that correct? Can I also install parking sensors and camera from aftermarket? I don't mind non-stock indicators, screens and switches for the parking assists either.

I'm asking this in case I'm not able to convince my dealer. My dealer is charging 25k just for fog lamps, engine guard and spare wheel cover and 22k for parking camera.

All accessories offered by my dealer are highly exorbitant. Therefore, I'm looking to get most of my accessories from aftermarket as long as they don't violate warranty terms.
The pair of fog lights I got for 2K didn't have any switches or harness of its own. They are plug and play only. The Trend/Ambeinte variants already have all the required sockets, harness, switch and knobs for the fog lights by default. However, the ECU needs to be programmed to add the new fog lights and that I believe can't be done from aftermarket. I could be wrong, but insist upon your accessories shop if they could do it.

As for convincing Ford dealer to do it, my Ford dealer in Imphal is the only dealership in the state, and they don't stock accessories luckily. And so, I bought the accessories (fog lights (2K), rear view camera and parking sensors (3K)) from Delhi and gave them to install during delivery of the car. They charged me some 2000 bucks as labour fee. that's about it. (and got away from spending thousands and not to miss, the warranty issue won't arise as the labour charge is in the Ford dealer's invoice)
Old 9th May 2014, 10:29   #7100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ford India has announced that it has re-opened bookings for the EcoSport compact SUV. The company claims that it has delivered 50,000 units of the EcoSport and considerably reduced its waiting period.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Too little too late
Damage has been done, I personally know at least a dozen family, friends and acquittance including myself who moved to other cars due to long waiting times, no price protection, no formal booking process with booking numbers, money making tactics and arrogant behaviour.
At a price point where this car is now going towards, we are getting C2 sedans at the same or slightly less cost and it doesn't make sense at-least to me to opt for a 4 seater at same price point.
Cooltronics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:38   #7101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
From where are you getting them installed?
I'm getting them installed from The Retro Rides, Naraina.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:02   #7102
BHPian

The oil level was correct on the dipstick. So this means:
1) 4.6 L is correct
2) dealer charged for 4.6 L but actually put 3.8 L
3) dealer charged but did not change the oil at all

How does one know if the engine oil was changed or not. On the dip stick the oil was blackish. In my wagon R, after an oil change I used to feel the difference immediately. Here, I am not able to 'feel' any difference.

Would excess oil give any indications in the rpm or pick-up or engine noise level etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
First check the engine oil level in your vehicle and if its above the max level then it is not correct right? My experience here is the dealer was contacted by ford and instructed to fill engine as per the manual 3.8 litres with filter.
Old 9th May 2014, 12:40   #7103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
The oil level was correct on the dipstick. So this means:
1) 4.6 L is correct
2) dealer charged for 4.6 L but actually put 3.8 L
3) dealer charged but did not change the oil at all

How does one know if the engine oil was changed or not. On the dip stick the oil was blackish. In my wagon R, after an oil change I used to feel the difference immediately. Here, I am not able to 'feel' any difference.

Would excess oil give any indications in the rpm or pick-up or engine noise level etc?
If the oil is changed one can feel the difference instantly. The engine smoother and revvs freely. Be it synthetic oil or mineral oil change.

After the oil change the do stick shouldn't be black. It would be creamish-brown. I feel the oil was not changed in your car.

Please do write to Ford again asking:

1) What is the correct quantity of oil to be filled - with oil filter and without oil filter;

2) Why is there a difference in owners manual and what ASC says referring the service manual;

3) What should a customer be referring and following to? I mean which document is to be believed - Owners Manual or Service Manual?

Overfilled engine oil will have long term effects like turbo failure; there will be 'churning' of the oil inside.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 13:00   #7104
BHPian

Got a call from Kairali Ford, TVM yesterday :

"Saar, you had an enquiry for Ecosport - are you free to talk now ?"

I was expecting this call to come almost 8 - 10 months back when it was launched and when I had went to the showroom for a TD. But that never happened. Now I already have taken delivery of an Ecosport (from the same dealer) and it's been almost 2 months. Funny that they never knew this

The call actually saved me the cost of a call to book the first service for my ES. I replied that I had already taken delivery and would be great if you could book an appointment for the first service.

It's high time Ford keeps an eye on the dealiership and ensure that the customer service is improved. And it's also high time another dealership opened in TVM, to put these Kairali Ford guys in place.
Anoop_SG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 14:21   #7105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post

Too little too late
Damage has been done, I personally know at least a dozen family, friends and acquittance including myself who moved to other cars due to long waiting times, no price protection, no formal booking process with booking numbers, money making tactics and arrogant behaviour.
At a price point where this car is now going towards, we are getting C2 sedans at the same or slightly less cost and it doesn't make sense at-least to me to opt for a 4 seater at same price point.
Cancelling booking is the best way you can reply back to Ford or, for that matter, any manufacturer with an arrogant attitude. However, I find your dozen claim to be a bit of an exaggeration.
Old 9th May 2014, 15:10   #7106
BHPian

Quote:
Just finished 2nd service at 10000 KM
They added 4.6 L engine oil with filter change.
When I pointed out that it should be 3.8 L as per the owner's manual they insisted it is 4.6 L as per their service manual.
Any views please.

Mine they had put only 3.8 litres

i had posted my bill for the same some time back
Old 9th May 2014, 15:24   #7107
BHPian

Guys,

I have a question:

The Ecosport Manual says the below gear ratios to be used with 1.5 TDCi
1-2 : 23kmph
2-3 : 39kmph
3-4 : 51kmph
4-5 : 71kmph

Whereas I drive as below:
1-2 : 15 kmph
2-3 : 30 kmph
3-4 : 40 kmph
4-5 : 55 kmph

Do you think technically using such gear ratios of my choice would give me pickup problems and would destroy the engine in the long run ?

Moreover, with Ford defined gear ratios, would I be able to get mileage of 19+, which I'm getting currently.

I will post in details soon as to what happened with my Ecosport and what was Ford's attitude.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 15:24   #7108
BHPian

Just checked your post (#4692) and your bill. It shows 4.6
What am I missing here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Mine they had put only 3.8 litres

i had posted my bill for the same some time back
Old 9th May 2014, 15:30   #7109
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked your post (#4692) and your bill. It shows 4.6
What am I missing here.
I think they put 3.8 litres in the 20 K service.
I'll try to find that bill

It's given in my post dated 16th March

Yes it's 3.8 L for 20 K service

Last edited by jojoinassi : 9th May 2014 at 15:35. Reason: to add details
Old 9th May 2014, 15:42   #7110
BHPian

But at this quantity what is your dipstick showing?
And did he put 3.8 on his own or did you ask him to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I think they put 3.8 litres in the 20 K service.
I'll try to find that bill

It's given in my post dated 16th March

Yes it's 3.8 L for 20 K service

Last edited by Srinivas C : 9th May 2014 at 15:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks