Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:59   #7036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
But you are right, I've heard battery complaints from Mody Ford, hyderabad too.
Which varient is your Ecosport? .
Thanks. Can you please identify which battery they give as OEM?

BTW, I don't own an Ecosport. Its in the shortlist for my next upgrade though the waiting period ensures that I finalize on retaining my existing Swift every time I think of an upgrade.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 15:32   #7037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ford should answer you first and you need to go and have a STRONG conversation with the service manager, the dealership head along with the TSM (Territory Service Manager) and get the answer for the awkward behaviour of the car.

Either demand for a car replacement or money refunded as such issues if it is a lemon CANNOT be ignored. I know there are other important things in life but spending so much for a car and then getting such vague responses from the ASC isn't acceptable. If things don't go the food way street a task then you better go the legal way to sort off things.

Good that you bought it and also a decent discount on it. You can get enough information at any time you need without the need to visit F.A.S.S.

There is another App called: TestDrive OBD II Data Logger. This will log all the required data you select and keep it stored. IIRC the paid version will convert this very data into excel sheet so that it can be used and read better.

All the best and do keep us posted on the update regarding the car and OBD data.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag for naming another app. I will see which one to dive for - Torque OBD or testDrive OBD II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
First thing I would suggest you to do is, send a nasty email to custmail@ford.com with all the details of the work done by the dealer. Insist on getting someone from Ford diagnostics to look at the car and not the dealer.
I have already done that. Written to write2md@ford.com, pasted a nasty message on their Facebook page and what not. Last time when dealership kept the car for 3 days, even the Ford Technical support team was also involved into this and still root cause if never found.
I also have some questions, not sure if this was discussed before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
1. When do you feel this sluggishness, do you feel it only after the car has run for a long time in traffic?

2. At what speed vs gears do you feel this sluggishness?

3. It could be bad fuel too, have you got the fuel filter checked?

4. Is there excessive black smoke when you give more throttle during this sluggishness?
Answers to your questions respectively:
1. Now its mostly when I have ran the car for some distance. This distance is totally random. Sometimes all 33 kms of drive from my office to home goes without an issue and sometimes just after 2 kms the car becomes sluggish.

2. Its mostly in the lower gears 1,2,3 I see the sluggishness.

3. Infact Ford themselves told me that I have been using very good quality of diesel. Seems we can rule out this.

4. I have not checked it. But last time in the ASC yes there was a black smoke on standstill acceleration.

Thanks

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 2nd May 2014 at 15:34. Reason: Incorrect HTML tags I used
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:31   #7038
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Thanks Anurag for naming another app. I will see which one to dive for - Torque OBD or testDrive OBD II
Dive into both . No harm in downloading and trying it.

Quote:
1. Now its mostly when I have ran the car for some distance. This distance is totally random. Sometimes all 33 kms of drive from my office to home goes without an issue and sometimes just after 2 kms the car becomes sluggish.
Why this dual behaviour and had this been repeating frequently on every drive, there could have been something to point out. No regularity in the problem is what puzzles me.

Quote:
4. I have not checked it. But last time in the ASC yes there was a black smoke on standstill acceleration.
How hard was the acceleration? Was the smoke in idle or while revving?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 17:36.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:18   #7039
BHPian

Quote:
Dive into both . No harm in downloading and trying it.

Why this dual behaviour and had this been repeating frequently on every drive, there could have been something to point out. No regularity in the problem is what puzzles me.

How hard was the acceleration? Was the smoke in idle or while revving?

Anurag.
Right. Will work out both of it. Right as the issue is random Ford is not able to catch the issue. Last time on 14th April they did a bleeding of Clutch and after 5 days the car ran awesome. Again after those glorious 5 days, it again started showing the random behavior. As you truely said, this random behavior really really puzzling. Damn if something is wrong it should remain wrong rather showing some random correctness.

The smoke was during revving - moderate one though.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:22   #7040
BANNED

Quote:
As you truely said, this random behavior really really puzzling. Damn if something is wrong it should remain wrong rather showing some random correctness.
I guess the ECU is going bonkers and the undulations from the road is changing the ECU behavior.

Can you ask Ford to put another ECU from a fully 'normal' EcoSport temporarily in your car?!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 18:24.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:23   #7041
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the ECU is going bonkers and the undulations from the road is changing the ECU behavior.

Can you ask Ford to put another ECU from a fully 'normal' EcoSport temporarily in your car?!

Anurag.
Another point to mention here is that this sluggishness plays nasty when AC is ON. The car drags in initial gears.

Coming to your ECU the daemon, even I suspect that. Because every time they flushed the ECU off the all old data and the firmware is reburnt to ROM, the car works super smooth for atleast 2-3 days and then again it starts showing the intermittent behavior.

I will closely work with ASC+Ford to try all combinations. I even plan to ask them to change the Turbo too.

I will surely keep you all posted.

First thing will be OBD report. And then will be visit to the service station.

Thanks Anurag (and obviously others) again for all this.
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:34   #7042
BANNED

Quote:

Another point to mention here is that this sluggishness plays nasty when AC is ON. The car drags in initial gears.
Do you experience this intermittent behaviour with the A/C off?

If you experience the intermittent behaviour more with the A/C ON then have a look on at the whole A/C circuit.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 19:35.
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:00   #7043
BHPian

Quote:
Do you experience this intermittent behaviour with the A/C off?

If you experience the intermittent behaviour more with the A/C ON then have a look on at the whole A/C circuit.

Anurag.
Well I experience this slug both with AC off and on. But with AC ON the effect is immense. During the deteriorated performance and on top of it AC ON the car just drags rather nicely pulling up in initial gears.
Old 3rd May 2014, 11:02   #7044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I experience this slug both with AC off and on. But with AC ON the effect is immense. During the deteriorated performance and on top of it AC ON the car just drags rather nicely pulling up in initial gears.
with you on replacement of ECU and turbo.
I think the ECU is behaving erratic becaus it is somehow not able to hold data or is altering it

Did u find any changes in values between flash and upgrades?
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:41   #7045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
with you on replacement of ECU and turbo.
I think the ECU is behaving erratic becaus it is somehow not able to hold data or is altering it

Did u find any changes in values between flash and upgrades?
Hello Dr, Kumar and Anurag,

Important update to share. I today went on to an adjoining town and during all 40 kms the car was totally screwed up. It was as if I was driving with my hand break up. It was really a dirty and aweful experience. I could also hear some strange chirping sound sometimes from the right side and sometimes from the left side on acceleration. I tried capturing this sound on my cellphone but due to air noise, nothing was captured.
Then I called up ASC and as soon as my son's exam was over, I took the car straight to the ASC and still the ECU showed no error at all. I was totally pissed off.
After the ASC attached the laptop and read all values, the car again became super smooth.
I have gone total crazy and hence I have given the dealer and Ford a final ultimatum. In case they are not able to find the root cause with the car this time they should :
1. replace the car
2. refund my money or
3. Be ready for a legal battle

BTW I just got the OBDII delivered to me. I will now run the car on Monday with OBDII and data logging enabled on my phone.

If still nothng goes my way, I will sell this pain and simply invest in Honda City SV model.
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:50   #7046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Important update to share. I today went on to an adjoining town and during all 40 kms the car was totally screwed up.
1. replace the car
2. refund my money or
3. Be ready for a legal battle...
Please work with the service team and sign up one of the SAs for a long TD one day. If the team can NOT diagnose anything, there is no way they can resolve it. Extended TD with the SA is the ONLY way I see they can get a feel of the issue and do something about it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:56   #7047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please work with the service team and sign up one of the SAs for a long TD one day. If the team can NOT diagnose anything, there is no way they can resolve it. Extended TD with the SA is the ONLY way I see they can get a feel of the issue and do something about it.
But they could see the experience the sluggishness in my car but had no idea about the root cause as the car ECU report showed nothing.
Old 4th May 2014, 15:07   #7048
BHPian

Guys , the petrol version's booking totally closed by Dealers and they are now accepting only Diesel booking with 3 months waiting .
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 17:31   #7049
BHPian

It is really frustrating that no other major automaker in India has launched a compact SUV yet. It seems another 1.5 to 2 years before Maruti and Hyundai's SUVs are launched.

Duster is out of option (bad looks and awful petrol engine) and EcoSport petrol bookings are not open. Plus, not a big fan of Ford cars (bad past experience). Very annoying!

Any wise suggestions???
Old 4th May 2014, 20:12   #7050
BANNED

Quote:
Hello Dr, Kumar and Anurag,

It was as if I was driving with my hand break up. It was really a dirty and awful experience.
Sorry to hear that. Hope Ford gets an answer to this issue to their flagship model.

Quote:
After the ASC attached the laptop and read all values, the car again became super smooth.
Oho! So there is something related to the ECU then. But how long does the car feel normal?

Quote:
In case they are not able to find the root cause with the car this time they should :
1. replace the car
2. refund my money or
3. Be ready for a legal battle

The only way to get things going your way.

Quote:
BTW I just got the OBDII delivered to me. I will now run the car on Monday with OBDII and data logging enabled on my phone.
Waiting for the report buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If the team can NOT diagnose anything, there is no way they can resolve it.
I don't think the SA can do anything here as they are not able to understand why this is happening even after repeated visits to the ASC. It is going to waste Time + Fuel + Sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Guys, the petrol version's booking totally closed by Dealers and they are now accepting only Diesel booking with 3 months waiting .
Is this due to long waiting periods and no deliveries happening to the domestic market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
It is really frustrating that no other major automaker in India has launched a compact SUV yet. It seems another 1.5 to 2 years before Maruti and Hyundai's SUVs are launched.
No idea about Hyundai but the S-Cross should be launched by Jan-2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Any wise suggestions???
It would be better if you are a bit more clear with your requirements:

1) Budget,

2) Daily/monthly usage,

3) Fuel type,

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks