Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 23:52   #7141
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Ask the service technician to visit your place and check thoroughly before towing your car to ASS.
Thanks. The guy came, but since it was late in the evening it looked like they coordinated and sent some local mechanic. He just tried starting a few times and said that engine is locked and can only be opened through a laptop at the workshop. I wasn't confident, so didn't let them tow for now. Thought to call Elite/ Metro ford tommorow and check once.

Though, the mechanic who came also indicated that he can get the engine started through some other guy. In a way, indicating a non-official route. But I'm not sure if I can trust him with it.

Any more pointers are welcome. Will help me figure what to do.
nitinr30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 00:27   #7142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Though, the mechanic who came also indicated that he can get the engine started through some other guy. In a way, indicating a non-official route. But I'm not sure if I can trust him with it.

Any more pointers are welcome. Will help me figure what to do.
Ask the authorised ASS guys to visit your place with their laptop diagnostic tools.
Ask him to clean the ABS sensor, the problem seems to be minor.
Do keep us posted..

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th May 2014 at 00:31.
Old 13th May 2014, 06:04   #7143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Got the 10k km service done on Sat.
9. Also spotted an Ecosport with TN registration number with the other alloy design which didn't come to India. It was delivered to them at the time of launch, perhaps was one of the display cars during the Urban Discoveries Campaign.
Hi,
Can you give me the address of the service centre?
Also was the TN vehicle company or dealer owned?
I was looking for those alloys, if they are up for sale?
Old 13th May 2014, 08:44   #7144
BHPian

Got the car checked with Service Center for the irritating rattling noise that popped up sometime back , Had to leave the car in service center for 2 days as technicians were not able to find the exact issue , it turned out that the cross bars on the top were the culprits which got fixed .

However occasionally I get to hear noise from the rear door which i believe is coming from the boot door hinges .

Got the ECU updated to the latest version as well.

Also I got the Gas Struts installed for Hood , works good ! Another master piece from Srinivas Gopal !

ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 09:35   #7145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
However occasionally I get to hear noise from the rear door which i believe is coming from the boot door hinges .

Also I got the Gas Struts installed for Hood
The door hinges noise could be due to lack of lubrication, apply Vaseline which should solve any sound from the hinges.

Isn't it better to have two gas struts for a better balance and alignment of the bonnet. I know there is no provision for the attachment of a second strut but it is just my thought.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 09:44   #7146
BHPian

@Anurag , I believe it is better to go with one as long as it can can take the load ,consumes less space as well. Have seen a few vehicles coming with single strut ,for example Renault Duster.

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 13th May 2014 at 09:47.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:52   #7147
BANNED

Quote:
@Anurag , I believe it is better to go with one as long as it can can take the load ,consumes less space as well. Have seen a few vehicles coming with single strut ,for example Renault Duster.
I agree. Something is better than nothing so it is a plus point and a definite install for all EcoSport owners.

Shall see if this does work on my Swift too.

Anurag.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:55   #7148
BHPian

Moderator note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+]. Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The door hinges noise could be due to lack of lubrication, apply Vaseline which should solve any sound from the hinges.
It could be the rear suspension/spring as well - i had the same issue with my car and i too blamed it on the usual suspects however it so turned out that the suspension springs were loose (dangerous) and it was eventually fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Reposting this query here in the hopes that I could get some guidance from existing Ecosport Owners...
Hi Vikash, I up'd the wheel size from 195/65/15 to 215/60/16 (with stock alloys) on my 1.5 amb and it has worked well for me

1. soft road performance is anyday better than the stock ( it could also be as i moved from MRFs to Bridgestones)

2. The steering feels slightly heavy but its a blessing in disguise (specially at high speeds).

3. Circumference is up by 5% and I haven't remapped the speedo yet as despite the error my car is performing at 17-18 kmpl on city roads.

While the above are positives, I must inform you that with this upgrade torque suffers a bit. At times, handling exceptions becomes stretch at times for the 1.5 motor

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th May 2014 at 10:38.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:24   #7149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi,
Can you give me the address of the service centre?
Also was the TN vehicle company or dealer owned?
I was looking for those alloys, if they are up for sale?
Hi ecosport rules,

The contact details of the workshop where this car is parked is Plot No-29-30, Sector-34, Near Hero Honda Chowk, Gurgaon (HR) 122001 Tel:- 0124-4290900, Fax:- 4108000. I believe the car is parked there since June, 2013 and is owned by the dealer because I was showed the same car in person before the launch when I was booking my car. I didn't see the VIN number.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 11:29   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Hi Vikash, I up'd the wheel size from 195/65/15 to 215/60/16 (with stock alloys) on my 1.5 amb and it has worked well for me
Wouldn't such huge tyres on the ecosport give it a infected-by-filariasis look? And since your car came with 15" wheels, the electronics should have been calibrated in the factory for the smaller wheels. So a 5%+ difference is going to affect the dynamics of the car. Lucky you don't have ABS cos otherwise it was sure to malfunction.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:10   #7151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Wouldn't such huge tyres on the ecosport give it a infected-by-filariasis look? And since your car came with 15" wheels, the electronics should have been calibrated in the factory for the smaller wheels. So a 5%+ difference is going to affect the dynamics of the car. Lucky you don't have ABS cos otherwise it was sure to malfunction.
It's just a 10mm wider tyre than stock on titaniums hence the infection doesn't really apply. I can confirm that dynamics are actually better as the current state is far closer to designed specs than a whole 1" lower spec that only sells in India. I know of people who have graduated to 225/55/16 and have reported no ABS or any other malfunction from 20000+ kms of use
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 17:47   #7152
Team-BHP Support

Ford is expected to launch the EcoSport compact SUV in North American markets in the first half of 2016. However, for America, the automaker is likely to source the vehicle from its Thailand unit instead of India.

Thai-built cars are reputed to have better noise, vibration and harshness levels than the ones built in India, making them more suitable for demanding markets in North America. Additionally, Ford wants better capacity utilisation at its Thailand plant.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 19:41   #7153
BHPian

I just recently booked my EcoSport and the dealer has promised delivery within 4 months. I need suggestions regarding strategy for following-up with the dealer. Should I be too aggressive and give my SA a call every two weeks or should I start pestering him after 1 or 2 months? Also, any other tips on how to ensure timely delivery of the vehicle?

Some more queries:

1) I see a lot of EcoSports with bumper guards. There are obvious advantages like additional protection and sporty look, but is there any downside also?

2) Is it worth opting for Ford's stock spare wheel cover or are there good aftermarket options available?

3) My dealer is offering a rear-parking camera from 3T brand for 22k. I tested it and seemed to work fine. Is it worth putting in another 3k and go for Ford's stock rear-parking camera?

4) My dealer is charging 30k for insurance but I checked that ICICI Lombard and HDFC Ergo are providing 0 dep insurance for about 20k. But, I don't know if they have cashless agreement with Ford. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by dsunn : 13th May 2014 at 19:59.
Old 13th May 2014, 20:10   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
I just recently booked my EcoSport and the dealer has promised delivery within 4 months. I need suggestions regarding strategy for following-up with the dealer. Should I be too aggressive and give my SA a call every two weeks or should I start pestering him after 1 or 2 months? Also, any other tips on how to ensure timely delivery of the vehicle?

Some more queries:

1) I see a lot of EcoSports with bumper guards. There are obvious advantages like additional protection and sporty look, but is there any downside also?

2) Is it worth opting for Ford's stock spare wheel cover or are there good aftermarket options available?

3) My dealer is offering a rear-parking camera from 3T brand for 22k. I tested it and seemed to work fine. Is it worth putting in another 3k and go for Ford's stock rear-parking camera?

4) My dealer is charging 30k for insurance but I checked that ICICI Lombard and HDFC Ergo are providing 0 dep insurance for about 20k. But, I don't know if they have cashless agreement with Ford. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
congrats on your booking.
I booked my ecosport yesterday (12th may). I have been promised a delivery time of less than 2 months for titanium option diesel in red.
i heard from the SA that the waiting times are considerably reduced. do check with another dealer in your area regarding waiting times before mounting the pressure on your SA. BTW which model are you going for?
Old 13th May 2014, 20:21   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
congrats on your booking.
I booked my ecosport yesterday (12th may). I have been promised a delivery time of less than 2 months for titanium option diesel in red.
i heard from the SA that the waiting times are considerably reduced. do check with another dealer in your area regarding waiting times before mounting the pressure on your SA. BTW which model are you going for?
Congratulations to you too!

I've booked 1.5 Petrol Titanium. I checked with another dealer in Delhi area and he too quoted 4 months for the vehicle.

Last edited by dsunn : 13th May 2014 at 20:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks