Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 23:08   #7291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you planning to upgrade the bulbs like 100/90 setup or stick to stock rating (60/55W Philips Xtreme Vision)?

Anurag.

Preferably 55/60. But If they are not working out then av to think of 90/100 as I travel a bit at night on roads infested with trucks / buses with at least 4 90/100w bulbs(not joking)..

Think the xtreme visions are up to the job? Am planning on either the osram NB or the xtreme visions based on user opinion from forum.

BTW, anybody got the extended warranty for 4 yrs. I got it. So, nervous about meddling with the stock setup. Cost quite a bit( about 17k). I was also told by the guys that u can't avail of extended warranty after delivery??!! Is it true?
Old 30th May 2014, 23:42   #7292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post

Preferably 55/60.

Think the xtreme visions are up to the job? Am planning on either the osram NB or the xtreme visions based on user opinion from forum.
I have used both on stock rating 60/55W, Osram NightBreaker+ and Philips Xtreme Vision.

My opinion is Philips XV is much better than Osram NB+ be it throw, spread, brightness. The Osram NB+ in my car blew off in 4 months but the Philips us soldering strong. I too drive at nights in the same situation as yours (110 kms a day).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 23:46   #7293
BHPian

Thanks pal. Will try and let u know my opinion. 110 km a day? I suppose u live a huge part of ur life in ur car.

Cheers

Note from Mod : Please do not use SMS (your instead of ur) type of language and type in full. Repeat will attract infraction. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st May 2014 at 11:22.
Old 31st May 2014, 08:28   #7294
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I do NOT think the rule is for any particular state as such. It's the dealer discretion most of the times. Some let go of the booking amount completely and may NOT charge any fine.
I can assure you that these things are not dealers discretion. Even if you sign a paper saying you must forgo the booking amount at the time of booking, the dealer won't have much of a case if taken to court.

I booked an RE Classic once and the dealer refused to refund the booking amount, a lawyer friend of mine gave them a call and it was sorted.

If you give your money and they give an acknowledgement/bill for it then the max they can deduct is Rs. 500, as long as the car is not registered, delivered, you can even cancel an invoiced vehicle. The fact is that most people do not want the hassle of fighting with the dealerships.
Old 31st May 2014, 13:36   #7295
Senior - BHPian

For our new Ecosport 1.0L Titanium variant registered in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, dealer is quoting ex-showroom price of INR 8,95,646 Insurance is INR 37,242. I am not aware of the IDV he is taking.

ICICI gave me a quote of INR 24,568 on IDV of INR 8,50,864.
HDFC gave me a quote of INR 14,193 on IDV of INR 8,50,864.

How can there be so much of difference on a car costing about Rs.9L?! Is the HDFC quote right or am I missing something here?
Old 31st May 2014, 14:39   #7296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
For our new Ecosport 1.0L Titanium variant registered in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, dealer is quoting ex-showroom price of INR 8,95,646 Insurance is INR 37,242. I am not aware of the IDV he is taking.

How can there be so much of difference on a car costing about Rs.9L?! Is the HDFC quote right or am I missing something here?
Well the Ford dealerships are making hay while the sun shines by exploiting poor souls smitten by this beauty. Here in Calcutta also they have made taking insurance mandatory from them and it costs twice as much. Check the pricelist which i posted earlier before the excise duty cut. And its not just Ford. After launching the Linea facelift the only fiat dealer in town was forcing customers to buy overpriced insurance from them which is as inflated as Ford's. I checked VW also and their premiums are also high though they dont force you to take it. However i found the Honda Assure quotes to be reasonable enough to be taken, though online policies cost lesser.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport001.jpg

Last edited by Samfromindia : 31st May 2014 at 15:05. Reason: Grammatical error fix
Old 31st May 2014, 14:58   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Head lights: one word - horrible.
! I'm sourcing the Morimoto mini D2S stage III Kit from the US for my Ecosport, as the morimoto dealer in India is quoting quite a lot. I've talked to the TRS officials through mails and they suggested the D2S. The only issue thats bothering me is the lack of international warranty, but fortunately, they said I just have to pay the shipping cost in case of a replacement.

This stuff is quite costly ~ Rs. 25K but the results are worth it. I'm not going for the Chinese HID kit because if the ballasts go KABOOM at night on a highway I'm a Big Gonner ! Trusting the morimotos for now.

Last edited by the13thtee : 31st May 2014 at 15:00.
Old 31st May 2014, 14:59   #7298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well the Ford dealerships are making hay while the sun shines by exploiting poor souls smitten by this beauty. Here in Calcutta also they have made taking insurance mandatory from them and it costs twice as much.
In that case the Ford dealer in Mumbai is much better. All he said was give me the best quote you get and I will try & match it for you. I also refused to take the essential pack worth INR 18K & 3rd & 4th year extended warranty worth about 12K. All of this was agreed to without a fuss.
Old 1st June 2014, 00:09   #7299
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying an ecosport. I'm 80% convinced about this. Just had a small hitch when i test drove the 1.0 Ecoboost variant last week.

The SA told me that petrol lid has no separate latch to open it, and it would auto lock with central locking and can be opened from outside if central lock is off.

Just to check, I told the driver to lock the vehicle (engine idling) and though it wasn't easy, I could still open the lid. The SA said it was probably loose on that particular vehicle. Has anyone noticed this kind of problem/ check it in your ecosport? So can the petrol lid be opened (with a little force) even when the vehicle is parked somewhere with central locking on?

Thanks,
Bharathan
Old 1st June 2014, 07:37   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

Well the Ford dealerships are making hay while the sun shines by exploiting poor souls smitten by this beauty. Here in Calcutta also they have made taking insurance mandatory from them and it costs twice as much. Check the pricelist which i posted earlier before the excise duty cut. And its not just Ford. After launching the Linea facelift the only fiat dealer in town was forcing customers to buy overpriced insurance from them which is as inflated as Ford's. I checked VW also and their premiums are also high though they dont force you to take it. However i found the Honda Assure quotes to be reasonable enough to be taken, though online policies cost lesser.
Not all ford dealers force you to buy insurance from them. In my case, they only tried to persuade me and was even willing to match my third party quote. At the end they gave up graciously.
Old 1st June 2014, 09:04   #7301
BHPian

Question regarding resale value of Ford Petrol cars --

As pointed out earlier by Raj, the resale value of Ford Petrol cars is relatively paltry. I know this was particularly true during the Ford Ikon days but is it still true now? The recent Ford Fiesta and Figo Petrol models have high mileage and low maintenance cost, so one would assume that their reputation has improved.

I had opted for 1.5 Petrol EcoSport since my monthly usage is below 400kms. But, a car's resale value is definitely a major factor while deciding which one to purchase. If there is going to be a huge depreciation in my car's resale value, then maybe I've made the wrong decision.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by dsunn : 1st June 2014 at 09:07.
Old 1st June 2014, 09:20   #7302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

HDFC Ergo had given me a quote of 19k for 0 dep insurance for an IDV of 8.47 lakhs. Check if the 14k quote you got from HDFC is for 0 dep.

Even then... among major insurance providers, HDFC Ergo is definitely among the most reasonably priced. Plus, their service is also pretty good.

And yes, don't ever opt for the insurance provided by Ford dealer. It's nothing but a con!
Old 1st June 2014, 10:09   #7303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Not all ford dealers force you to buy insurance from them. In my case, they only tried to persuade me and was even willing to match my third party quote. At the end they gave up graciously.
Well lucky you guys then. I have seen posts of fellow bhpians who were even forced to buy additional accessories for favors like early delivery.
As for me i am stuck waiting over 2 months for my Titanium(O) while i see people from other cities getting theirs in 10 days.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 10:55   #7304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post

Just to check, I told the driver to lock the vehicle (engine idling) and though it wasn't easy, I could still open the lid. The SA said it was probably loose on that particular vehicle. Has anyone noticed this kind of problem/ check it in your ecosport? So can the petrol lid be opened (with a little force) even when the vehicle is parked somewhere with central locking on?

Thanks,
Bharathan
Yes the lid is controlled by the central locking switch and it's made of plastic. You can forcefully yank it open but it may break. It's not a fool proof latch.
Old 1st June 2014, 15:36   #7305
BHPian

Review by Europeans & Australians

What Europeans and Australians are saying -

They seem to like the styling, handling, price, space and sync system. But there seems to be general consensus against the spare wheel at the rear, rear swing door and cheap interior plastics.

Btw, Renault Captur looks awesome in comparison to the bland looks of Renault Duster. Wonder whats keeping them from launching this compact SUV in India.

Last edited by dsunn : 1st June 2014 at 15:38.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks