Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2014, 17:44   #7306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review by Europeans & Australians

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
In the second video (quoted above), at time 4:44, I notice a device below the climate control cluster with an orange display. What might this be?
Old 1st June 2014, 17:49   #7307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
In the second video (quoted above), at time 4:44, I notice a device below the climate control cluster with an orange display. What might this be?
May be parking sensor read-out. Just a wild guess.

Anurag.
Old 1st June 2014, 18:18   #7308
BHPian

Quote:
I think that is the passenger airbag status display [on/off]. Remember seeing that in a different video. Forget the display, the Indian EcoSport has no option to turn on/off passenger airbag.
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 18:28   #7309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I think that is the passenger airbag status display [on/off]. Remember seeing that in a different video. Forget the display, the Indian EcoSport has no option to turn on/off passenger airbag.

Could be possible so the absence of that display in Indian version gives that No way it can be switched ON/OFF

Quote:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-untitled.jpg

See Point No.: J

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st June 2014 at 18:39. Reason: Adding Image & a Quote
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 18:41   #7310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be parking sensor read-out. Just a wild guess.

Anurag.
Parking sensor read out is in the SYNC display on top. They won't change that into LED below.

It's most probably the passenger airbag/seatbelt indicator.
Old 1st June 2014, 18:45   #7311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's most probably the passenger airbag/seatbelt indicator.
Yes, you are right.

I have added the image from the UK Ford EcoSport owners manual.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 18:57   #7312
BHPian

Quote:

Could be possible so the absence of that display in Indian version gives that No way it can be switched ON/OFF
Interesting.

What other differences are there between European and Indian versions?
Old 1st June 2014, 19:24   #7313
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes the lid is controlled by the central locking switch and it's made of plastic. You can forcefully yank it open but it may break. It's not a fool proof latch.
So, technically its not safe isn't it? It can be yanked open if you park in a public place for theft of fuel / adultery?? Has anyone experienced this?? Or is this something that I'm blowing out of proportion??
Old 1st June 2014, 23:56   #7314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
So, technically its not safe isn't it? It can be yanked open if you park in a public place for theft of fuel / adultery?? Has anyone experienced this?? Or is this something that I'm blowing out of proportion??
Well it's a bit easier to yank open the lid as it's held by a plastic latch. Not a major concern I believe.
Old 2nd June 2014, 10:19   #7315
BHPian

Quote:
I thought this "Service your Vehicle soon (SVS)" light on the dashboard id common for all cars and not restricted to diesel per say.

Anurag.
Anurag The SVS light DID NOT come on for my Ecosport 1.5AT even though I had crossed 10,180 kms.

I am quite happy for the 2nd Service (10,000 kms) costs - It worked out to Rs. 2,465/- (All Inclusive including Air filters and Oil change) which is 10% of what I had spent on my Scorpio Annually (service cycle of 4-6 months each service about Rs. 6-7K). The mileage varies between 9-10 kmpl in city and now with the increase in Diesel prices I feel the running costs for the Ecosport 1.5P AT is real value for money. I guess its too early to look at the resale value of the ES 1.5P AT But I am not too concerned because I intend to keep this vehicle for the next 4-5 years at least.
Old 2nd June 2014, 10:22   #7316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Just to check, I told the driver to lock the vehicle (engine idling) and though it wasn't easy, I could still open the lid. The SA said it was probably loose on that particular vehicle. Has anyone noticed this kind of problem/ check it in your ecosport? So can the petrol lid be opened (with a little force) even when the vehicle is parked somewhere with central locking on?
I've faced a similar issue when I locked my car but the fuel lid could still be opened. This must have happened in the TD car while forcibly opening the lid at the time of refueling when the car wasn't unlocked. This distorts the original position of the plastic clip that is responsible for locking the lid when closed.

You now need to press the lid at its place and then lock it with the remote key. I did it 3-4 times and the plastic clip inside restored to its original place where it is clamped when locked. But yes the plastic used in that region is very sort of delicate. A metal rod can easily open the lid even when it is locked.

I have a doubt if the fuel can be taken out using a pipe if the lid gets opened. Anyone tried it?
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:30   #7317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
A metal rod can easily open the lid even when it is locked.

I have a doubt if the fuel can be taken out using a pipe if the lid gets opened. Anyone tried it?
1. Yes - It is very easy to take out fuel from any tank, once the lid has been forced.

2. From what I have observed in cars so far, I am yet to see a lid that cannot be forced with a metal crowbar. Those locking mechanisms are usually very flimsy, metal or not!
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:49   #7318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
From what I have observed in cars so far, I am yet to see a lid that cannot be forced with a metal crowbar. Those locking mechanisms are usually very flimsy, metal or not!
One of the best solution to keep the lid safe from opening with a crowbar is making the lid and the components responsible for closing & locking mechanism of metal and not plastic, not providing a groove for the finger to slide in (like the Ecosport) which acts as a ready-made groove for a crowbar to slide it in and also keeping the gap between the lid's sheet and car body as less as possible.

Well, in India, you can only make it difficult for the thieves from stealing the fuel in parking lots but its close to impossible to stop them.

Last edited by the13thtee : 2nd June 2014 at 11:52.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:58   #7319
BHPian

Hey Guys,
What is the optimum RPM at which I can get the best mileage? My friend has an Ecosport Diesel Tit+. He never gets more than 12. Instead in his recent long drives he got 8kmpl. The car has gone for 2 services so all filters and everything are changed. And he is not the redlining type of a guy, his Swift Dzire with the same style of drivimg gives him 18kmpl.

I just want to know at what RPM's do you guys shift and whats the cruising RPM?
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:05   #7320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
The car is back after 3 days. They changed the PCM code from xxxxxxcp to xxxxxxcg or something like that. Now the car is running super smooth. I can feel a big difference on the city roads itself. Avg mileage is showing quite low, but I have to verify whether that is because of the small drive thru the city from the workshop or result of the PCM . A dri e on the highway will confirm that.
The explanation for the 4.6 L oil is that it is a system print error and the actual amount that went in was 3.8 L. Anyway they had to drain and refill. Tomorrow morning dip stick will show if that was the case.
The car started next morning with the same message " Engine oil pressure low. stop safely". !! Ford's explanation is:
"Further we also would like to clarify that we have validated the E/g light concern with the concerned technical team. The engine oil pressure warning lamp which appears only during morning start and automatically goes off in <10 seconds, has an information transmission time which system takes to pass information due to cold start operations"

At least they should have mentioned the correct problem in their response. My complaint was never with the warning light that comes and goes off.

Last edited by Srinivas C : 2nd June 2014 at 15:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks