Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 10:38   #7411
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post
Thanks. Just painted the wheels glossy black and the front calipers green. I love the 'sleeper' look. I've detailed the tyre and tuning box upgrades in my earlier post - think page 463.
If you dont mind can you please tell that how much does painting your alloys cost ?
Old 14th June 2014, 15:15   #7412
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the expected waiting period for 1.5 D Titanium Ecosport in Pune / PCMC area?

Have been told the waiting period is 3 months; however, reading this thread, I see people have got their cars in around 15-20 days as well.
Old 15th June 2014, 12:29   #7413

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
If you dont mind can you please tell that how much does painting your alloys cost ?

The local paint shop charged me 6k.
Old 15th June 2014, 12:58   #7414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Maybe repeating this question, but how does the 1.5P perform on uphill drives, especially with passengers & luggage?
To answer your question, I recently took my EcoSport AT to Pawna lake and Lohagad fort near Mumbai. With 3 people on board and no luggage, the engine struggled on the uphill drive to Lohagad fort. I used 2nd gear in S-Mode but still the lack of power was obvious.
The highway performance on Mumbai Pune Expressway was very good though. The vehicle feels well planted even at 120 kmph speeds.
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 04:43   #7415

Got my Sea Grey Ambiente Diesel from Noida Ford on May 22. Booked on July 28 2013. On the road price is 8.3 Lakhs UP registration. Includes 3M Teflon coating and undercarriage protection+ 3 times renewal (whatever that means), 3rd year extended warranty free, zero dep insurance (they matched HDFC ergo), one free extra service (labor only), essential pack (I was so mad after the long wait that I did not even want to pay for that but eventually did after they showed me the car already fitted with the stuff and they would lose money in removing it (a lie)+ because of the above stuff), free car cover, free car perfume (wow gee thanks Noida Ford!!!!).

Over the months dealership tactics - upgrade to Titanium for quicker delivery, We have a Trend model on the lot which we can deliver immediately, we only get 2-3 Ambientes a month so cant really promise when we can deliver your car.

My response escalated from talking to the sales rep. (once) to the (sales manager-2 times) to a promise to go to consumer court at the fourth conversation.

I only got after them after after the 6-7 month estimated delivery time had lapsed. And frankly I was in no hurry to get the vehicle since my Swift Petrol LXi and My 2013 Punto Active Diesel were serving me just fine. The Ecosport replaces My 2007 Swift.

I am very pleased with the car overall NCR City driving (1000 Kms). Jack of all trades at the right price (Ambiente).
Old 16th June 2014, 09:44   #7416
BHPian

Hi all, any new Sync updates available? I checked the site (https://www.india.ford.com/owner) and it does not have any software download option. (It had earlier)

Also I notice that after the last software update, the Sync is performing badly. It does not prompt for incoming text messages, doesn't understand certain commands like "Bluetooth Audio" instantly.. Earlier version was so better.

Anyone facing same problems?
Old 16th June 2014, 11:20   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Maybe repeating this question, but how does the 1.5P perform on uphill drives, especially with passengers & luggage?

Is there a 'Racetronics' chip available to boost the performance of the 1.5P if we may wish to in future?

I like the Ecosport, but a 1.5P has never been available to test drive & am concerned how the heavy weight of this car affects performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
To answer your question, I recently took my EcoSport AT to Pawna lake and Lohagad fort near Mumbai. With 3 people on board and no luggage, the engine struggled on the uphill drive to Lohagad fort. I used 2nd gear in S-Mode but still the lack of power was obvious.
The highway performance on Mumbai Pune Expressway was very good though. The vehicle feels well planted even at 120 kmph speeds.
In situations like this I'd floor the throttle and wait a second. The engine downshifts with a slight lag, but I guess that is still faster than a manual gear shift. Once it shifts down, often to second or even first gear, I have never felt that it was wanting for power. It is not a very pleasant experience, but gets the job done.

TSIched'Out, you should have shifted to first gear. There is a common misconception among drivers that first gear is only for starting from standstill. It is not.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 14:43   #7418
BHPian

After a lot of hassle, we have a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in the family. Took about 9 months for Ford to finally deliver their baby!

Anyway, the car's a gem no doubt. I feel one of the best at this price point. The engine pulls sweetly, and the interiors are well put together with all the features. Good job there, Ford!

I have however one query for anyone who drives the Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0. There's a strange ticking sound that comes from the engine. Not from anywhere else. It's kind of prominent once you do a good 20-25 km run under full load conditions. I re-assured myself that it could be because of the 3-cylinder geometry and a turbocharged unit. Checked with the Ford technician and as per him it was 'normal'. I am still not convinced though. Could someone please pour in their comments on this issue. Anyone please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshift View Post
Got my Sea Grey Ambiente Diesel from Noida Ford on May 22. Booked on July 28 2013. On the road price is 8.3 Lakhs UP registration. Includes 3M Teflon coating and undercarriage protection+ 3 times insurance (they matched HDFC ergo), one free extra service (labor only), essential pack (I was so mad after the long wait that I did not even want to pay for that but eventually did after they showed me the car already fitted renewal (whatever that means), 3rd year extended warranty free, zero dep
My next query is that. One in bold. We also got the vehicle from Noida Ford. On my last visit to the showroom for collecting the vehicle R.C. We asked the Ford representative there to get us 4th year extended warranty.

To my utter surprise, the representative denied of extending the warranty for fourth year. She said that it was only 'possible' at the time of the purchase. Now my question is, at the time of the purchase you lured us by saying that extended warranty is a free goody for Ecosport customers. So obviously who will not take it? That time no one tells that you can't extend it for the fourth year, and now they are like- why were you sleeping, dear customer? Comes across as a typical Ford move!

Talking generally, I see this practice with most of the brands these days, they will beg you for rating them high in the survey and then the very next day all fall flat on their commitments. Fact is what could you do now after being trapped?
Old 16th June 2014, 15:04   #7419
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
I have however one query for anyone who drives the Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0. There's a strange ticking sound that comes from the engine. Not from anywhere else. I am still not convinced though. Could someone please pour in their comments on this issue. Anyone please.
Congrats on getting the most "waited" car in India currently.

The ticking noise is coming from the silencer part or the engine bay? Is this sound heard while the engine is ON or OFF?

I have heard to similar sounds in bikes after a normal highway ride where the ticking sound comes from the silencer which apparently is cooling down.

Anurag.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:44   #7420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats on getting the most "waited" car in India currently.

The ticking noise is coming from the silencer part or the engine bay? Is this sound heard while the engine is ON or OFF?

I have heard to similar sounds in bikes after a normal highway ride where the ticking sound comes from the silencer which apparently is cooling down.

Anurag.
No, it comes while the engine still runs. I suspected the belts and the pulleys at first, but then upon opening the hood while the engine was still running could make out that it was purely coming off the engine. More from towards the cylinder head. Last time I have encountered this kind of noise, it was from my bike's timing chain, so sort of worried about this.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:46   #7421
BHPian

After a lot of hassle, we have a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in the family. Took about 9 months for Ford to finally deliver their baby!

Anyway, the car's a gem no doubt. I feel one of the best at this price point. The engine pulls sweetly, and the interiors are well put together with all the features. Good job there, Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
I have however one query for anyone who drives the Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0. There's a strange ticking sound that comes from the engine. Not from anywhere else. It's kind of prominent once you do a good 20-25 km run under full load conditions. I re-assured myself that it could be because of the 3-cylinder geometry and a turbocharged unit. Checked with the Ford technician and as per him it was 'normal'. I am still not convinced though. Could someone please pour in their comments on this issue. Anyone please.
Hey congrats on the new ride. Wish you many happy miles ahead. The clicking noise you are referring to is from the fan which switches on to cool down the engine and also sometimes when you switch on the AC. I also have an Ecoboost and have heard this clicking noise.

My next query is that. One in bold. We also got the vehicle from Noida Ford. On my last visit to the showroom for collecting the vehicle R.C. We asked the Ford representative there to get us 4th year extended warranty.

To my utter surprise, the representative denied of extending the warranty for fourth year. She said that it was only 'possible' at the time of the purchase. Now my question is, at the time of the purchase you lured us by saying that extended warranty is a free goody for Ecosport customers. So obviously who will not take it? That time no one tells that you can't extend it for the fourth year, and now they are like- why were you sleeping, dear customer? Comes across as a typical Ford move!

Talking generally, I see this practice with most of the brands these days, they will beg you for rating them high in the survey and then the very next day all fall flat on their commitments. Fact is what could you do now after being trapped?
Old 16th June 2014, 16:49   #7422
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the current waiting period for the Ecosport AT in Mumbai and/or Pune?
Is there more than one variant available now? What's the ex-showroom price?
Old 16th June 2014, 17:41   #7423
BHPian

Guys, tried to download Sync software update from Windown Xp with Fat32 formatted pen drive but failed. This is the message that i got.
Kindly help.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0785.jpg  

Old 16th June 2014, 18:15   #7424
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What is the current waiting period for the Ecosport AT in Mumbai and/or Pune?
Is there more than one variant available now? What's the ex-showroom price?
11,20,000 on road Mumbai for the AT variant. Available in only a single variant currently.

Waiting upwards of 3-4 months.

I was looking for the AT and had inquired 2 weeks back at all dealerships across the city.
Old 16th June 2014, 18:55   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy123 View Post
Also, they kind of forced to buy the insurance, essential pack and extended warranty from them. I would have got these anyway, so things worked in my favor for quick delivery.
Mandy123, may i ask how much did the "essential" pack cost you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks