Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 01:22   #8161
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
We received our Ecosport AT on third of this month

Did only about 1000 km till now, the efficiency showing on the MID is 7.8 km/L initially and now has gradually increased to 8.4 km/L the instantaneous efficiency on the dash varies between 5 to 30 but remains just above 15 while cruising at about 40-50 on city main roads.

This is our first AT .Can I get any tips for better efficiency from experienced AT users.

Rahul
Congrats.
For FE

Expect 9-11 in city depending upon traffic and driving style. Do not idle with engine on for more than a min. Keep AC on 24. Drive with a light foot but steadily try to get to about 60kmph. At speeds above 80 kmph the FE will drop rapidly.
Check FE full tank to full tank. Display average is about 5% higher so can be taken as true. Tyre pressure 33 front and 36 rear up to 2 persons and 34 front and 38 rear if more persons are regularly travelling in it.
Avoid rapid acceleration and sport mode. Use a light foot. Don't race up to signals sigh that have to loose all speed by braking. Instead plan to reach red signals slowly if seen from a distance.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:58   #8162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Ride with a light foot - In D mode upshifts happen at around 2500 rpm. When you start try to get to 2500rpm quickly - this would take the car to 3rd or 4th by the time you cross 40kmph and 5th by 60kmph. After that try to keep the rpm under 2000. You should ideally get a city mileage of 11km/litre.
I have noticed a up shift when I ease of the accelerator at RPM above 2000, but yes during steady acceleration it occurs at 2500. I have also shifted to S to see the gear displayed on the MID, and have seen 5th at speeds just above 50 kph. Being used to Polo and Innova where you do not exceed 2000 RPM until you are in 5th and have crossed 80 I was thinking that the shifts are a bit too late.

@ACM The Ac management is such that setting temp above 22* C has it blowing warm air on the feet and cold air on the face, I don't thing that is efficient, so I am thinking of setting 21 and switching cooling off when I need power or it gets too cold.

Rahul
Old 23rd October 2014, 01:49   #8163
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post

@ACM The Ac management is such that setting temp above 22* C has it blowing warm air on the feet and cold air on the face, I don't thing that is efficient, so I am thinking of setting 21 and switching cooling off when I need power or it gets too cold.

Rahul
I normally keep the AC at 24-25 in the summer and do not experience this effect in the Bombay climate except in the winter when I at times have to reduce to 22 or even lower at nights. Basically need to keep the inside temp at least 1.5 degrees lower then the indicated temp in the speedometer MID.
Old 23rd October 2014, 08:15   #8164
BHPian

I just got the 20k service done. The service indicator light didn't pop up till 20045 kMs when the service was done.
Now after that it popped up. How should I remove it. I read that switch on the electricals and keep accel brake pressed for 30s to remove it but that didn't work. Can anyone suggest how to remove the notification?
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:43   #8165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I just got the 20k service done. The service indicator light didn't pop up till 20045 kMs when the service was done.
Now after that it popped up. How should I remove it. I read that switch on the electricals and keep accel brake pressed for 30s to remove it but that didn't work. Can anyone suggest how to remove the notification?
Did you wait for the service reminder to appear? Here's what I followed:
Press the start button (or turn the ignition) and wait for the service reminder to come. Once that's displayed, press the accelerator and brake together and hold it for 30 seconds. The reminder will disappear and will appear for the next service.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:48   #8166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you wait for the service reminder to appear? Here's what I followed:
Press the start button (or turn the ignition) and wait for the service reminder to come. Once that's displayed, press the accelerator and brake together and hold it for 30 seconds. The reminder will disappear and will appear for the next service.
Service was scheduled for Tuesday and when they came to pick the vehicle it had done 20008 kms. The icon was not showing. Once I received the vehicle back at 20043 it was still not on. It lit up at 20045.
I think I read your post only in some other forum about the 30s brake +accel thing, tried it and didn't work. Will try again and post if it works. Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:17   #8167
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

reversing light fuse?

Where is the passenger side fuse box located. Couldn't access it. Feel reversing light fuse may have blown as reverse light and reverese camera both are off.

Any directions / snaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Service was scheduled for Tuesday and when they came to pick the vehicle it had done 20008 kms. The icon was not showing. Once I received the vehicle back at 20043 it was still not on. It lit up at 20045.
I think I read your post only in some other forum about the 30s brake +accel thing, tried it and didn't work. Will try again and post if it works. Thanks
Press both Acc and Brake pedals together. Car should be in Neutral and the ignition in ON position but the engine should be off.
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:38   #8168
BHPian

Thanks guys it worked. I must have done something wrong the first time.
Happy Diwali to tbhpians
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:31   #8169
BHPian

For those who have some doubts about Service centers honoring HDFC Ergo Insurance:
I did a insurance claim recently for a dent caused by a bike on the back door. The bill came to 13k. I paid only 1 k as claim fees as it was a zero depreciation policy.
The claim process was butter smooth with not many questions asked. Service center was Metro Ford - Hesarghata Road. A big thumbs up for HDFC Ergo.
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 21:28   #8170
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: reversing light fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Where is the passenger side fuse box located? Couldn't access it. Feel reversing light fuse may have blown as reverse light and reverse camera both are off.

Any directions / snaps?
Repeating a previous post in search of a response if anyone is aware.
Old 25th October 2014, 06:24   #8171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: reversing light fuse?

Quote:
Repeating a previous post in search of a response if anyone is aware.
AFAIK, it's behind the glove box.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 07:07   #8172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where is the passenger side fuse box located? Couldn't access it.
Here's a picture of the passenger compartment fuse box, its behind the glove box:
Name:  EcoSport  Fuse Boxes.gif
Views: 6537
Size:  64.3 KB
Quote:
Feel reversing light fuse may have blown as reverse light and reverese camera both are off.
And in that fuse box, fuse #3 is probably what you're looking for:
Name:  EcoSport  Passenger Fuse Box.gif
Views: 8198
Size:  88.5 KB
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 23:58   #8173
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried o access the fuse box behind the passenger side glove box. The screws didn't come off and it wasn't really clear which are the four in question tried all key sizes close to it but they just wouldn't fit.
Also the description in the eco sport manual does not speak about the 4 screws. It only ask that one tilt the glove box down after sliding past the restraining clamps. I did this but the fuse box was not accessible to my large hands.
Will take to the service centre next week. The one in Thane has closed down will have to go to chembur.
Old 26th October 2014, 00:04   #8174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tried o access the fuse box behind the passenger side glove box. The screws didn't come off and it wasn't really clear which are the four in question tried all key sizes close to it but they just wouldn't fit.
Also the description in the eco sport manual does not speak about the 4 screws. It only ask that one tilt the glove box down after sliding past the restraining clamps. I did this but the fuse box was not accessible to my large hands.
Will take to the service centre next week. The one in Thane has closed down will have to go to chembur.
If it's anything like the fiestas, then you press the two plastic pieces that slide to the inside, and the glove box cover just frees completely on the hinges. Falls all the way without stopping, and you can see and access the box.
No screws there either.
Old 26th October 2014, 00:13   #8175
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If it's anything like the fiestas, then you press the two plastic pieces that slide to the inside, and the glove box cover just frees completely on the hinges. Falls all the way without stopping, and you can see and access the box.
No screws there either.
Exactly the same in the eco sport but couldn't reach or see the fuse box behind too well. Maybe I am too large sized to manage the task.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks