Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2015, 17:17   #9661
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hey guys,

I saw the Autocar India review of the new Ecosport, and they captured something everyone else seems to have missed! The Ecosport now has the indicator stalks on the right and the wipers on the left! May not be much of a change, but it does show that Ford is listening!
Old 20th December 2015, 18:24   #9662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Hey guys,

I saw the Autocar India review of the new Ecosport, and they captured something everyone else seems to have missed! The Ecosport now has the indicator stalks on the right and the wipers on the left! May not be much of a change, but it does show that Ford is listening!
Not really! Check this post by member Arun Philip; differences between the old and new are neatly explained.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3828000
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 18:49   #9663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not really! Check this post by member Arun Philip; differences between the old and new are neatly explained.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3828000
Thanks for making me feel stupid.

I don't know how I missed that!

I am thinking about getting the Ecosport Ecoboost Trend+ or the Honda City V iVtec MT. And making up my mind has been a nightmare! Probably contributed to all this!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 23:31   #9664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Just look at the size of the vehicle, and the weight is even less than hatchbacks.
All this has tilted me more in the favour of Ecosport.
If you think weight of a vehicle alone is a measure of it's safety, you should look no further than TUV300 or Scorpio S4 which may come in this price range. Airbag equipped version of both Ecosport & Creta manufactured in India have scored NCAP 4 star crash rating (Unlike duster which was 3 star until recently). Just make sure you get the version with airbag & abs and you will be all good

Quote:
The autocar review was total crap, they said 0-100 sprint of 90 & 100 bhp engines are same, whereas motorbeam showed the difference in real world test captured in video and measured by Vbox. A much better comparison can be found in their review:

Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:36   #9665
BHPian

Has anyone experienced mild rattling from rear doors ?
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:17   #9666
BHPian

Quote:

I am thinking about getting the Ecosport Ecoboost Trend+ or the Honda City V iVtec MT. And making up my mind has been a nightmare! Probably contributed to all this!
Good day to all ! My 1st post here goes...

esoticoreventon, you're right ! Now the Ford Ecosport has got indicator and wiper stalks in the "correct" positions . I'm a proud owner of the new Ecosport face-lifted version (Petrol Titanium 1.5L) and I can vouch for that !

By-the-way, doesn't the post by arunphilip also confirm this, label numbered 3 !?

Cheers!
Old 23rd December 2015, 02:19   #9667

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post
Friends, thanks much for your inputs. I agree that its better to be safe. I had a conversation with the SA a while back. Eventually, he did acknowledge my concern. He has promised to revert tomorrow after consulting with his senior.
More update: After persistent follow-ups, it turns out that the car is getting delayed. Now the expected date of arrival is 1st week of Jan. To me, it raises even more suspicion of the car being affected by flood. Also, I expect the dealership staff to be more transparent and customer-centric.

I am now cancelling the booking from this dealer. There is another dealer who has Ecosport AT already available - so no chances of it being flood affected. Decided to buy that one.
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:16   #9668
BHPian

Quote:

You are not alone. With more choice there is confusion. I am evaluating between Eco-sport Titanium 1.5, Ertiga ZDI SHVS and City VTEC-V. All cost around 11-12 lacs with various utility values. The biggest negative for Ecosport if poor resale value and limited cabin space.

I recently sold my old Ford Fiesta Petrol and it sells for 1 lac lesser than Swift Petrol. So if we go for Ford one needs to be prepared for a heartburn when you try to sell the car. Maruti and Honda command a premium in the resale market.
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:23   #9669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More update: After persistent follow-ups, it turns out that the car is getting delayed. Now the expected date of arrival is 1st week of Jan. To me, it raises even more suspicion of the car being affected by flood. Also, I expect the dealership staff to be more transparent and customer-centric.

I am now cancelling the booking from this dealer. There is another dealer who has Ecosport AT already available - so no chances of it being flood affected. Decided to buy that one.

which dealer are you talking to?
Old 23rd December 2015, 13:02   #9670

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
which dealer are you talking to?
I had originally made the booking with Harpreet Ford. Now I buying car from Tanish Ford.
vaeroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:39   #9671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had originally made the booking with Harpreet Ford. Now I buying car from Tanish Ford.
tanish is good. I got mine from them too @ Sector 15
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 07:56   #9672
BHPian

[IMG]After months of search and discussions with valued Team bhpians, upgraded from Swift dzire to Silver Ford Ecosport Titanium plus, tdci yesterday. Driven only 55km from dealer to home, and i am loving every bit of it, body shape, driving posture, interiors, sync system, sound, nvh levels, everything is great, real value for money in this price range. May be penning down an ownership review in the coming days.

Last edited by gsratta : 24th December 2015 at 07:57.
gsratta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 14:32   #9673
BHPian

Hey Guys,
So I am enjoying my new Ecosport. Do check out the pics I posted here on another thread.

So now I have a question. I have got almost all the accessories I need for now for the car. Just wanted to know about the Rogerab. I have seen posts in this thread about the same. Should I get one? are they worth the money?
Link: Rogerab

and how is it different from the ones available on Aliexpress?

Any inputs on this would be helpful.
Old 24th December 2015, 19:59   #9674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi Folks,

My Ecosport TDCi is 12500kms done and there is this strange thing I noticed last week:

There is a strange sound after I accelerate and leave the accelerator (An extra unheard sound)

So for example if the car is stationary and press the accelerator pedal , the normal rev sound comes and when it is about to die out, theres an extra sound which comes.

I took my car to the service centre and showed the service advisor this.

Although he accepted its a stange unwanted sound, but he could not identify what was causing it.

He advised me to use the car for more time and wait for the sound to increase so that they could identify it?!

Has anyone else experienced the same? Please advise !
Hi - Were you able to fix this issue? I own a Ecoboost and facing this issue. Some times when I do hard acceleration and when I release the accelerator, I hear this strange noise, kind of metal grinding sound. It certainly is not from engine bay. I hear it from under the body, some where near rear or middle portion. I plan to check it with service center. Anyone else facing this? Any clues?
Old 24th December 2015, 20:26   #9675
BHPian

I am not sure if the below has been discussed between the old and facelifted version updates, but Ford seems to have replaced the parcel shelf to a plastic one from the earlier sheet type that had to be pulled in place.

A good weight reduction move since the old one was a heavy metal roller compared to the new plastic one.

Pics courtesy:

Motorbeam review (new)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-parcel-shelf.jpg

TBHP Official review (old)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-old-parcel-shelf.jpg
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks