Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 02:03   #9796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
... extremely happy with the way Ford behaves for warranty replacements, no crying or cribbing over warranty claims like VW group.
Hey ho. I'm still visiting this thread, but, despite everything I said, I've got a new car now, and it's... a VW.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:22   #9797
BHPian

Promising pictures of the 2017 Ford Ecosport

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/2...r-spied-223250

Thank god, it will eventually get dual headlamps. !!
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 19:05   #9798
oss
BHPian

Disappointed to see the lack of projector headlamp even in this upcoming edition. The car will look really good with projectors.

Current headlamps are quite poor in Ecosport and provides barely adequate illumination.

Other feature i want so seen in new Ecosport is auto folding headlamps, which is more or less a standard feature in most of the cars in the 8-12 lac bracket now a days.

Not to mention the much needed improvement suspension which i hope would be taken care of in the face lifted version.
oss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 12:45   #9799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Disappointed to see the lack of projector headlamp even in this upcoming edition. The car will look really good with projectors.
For some moment, I thought that was a projector in the middle, but a closer look proved to be otherwise.

A projector is really missed.

Quote:
Other feature i want so seen in new Ecosport is auto folding headlamps, which is more or less a standard feature in most of the cars in the 8-12 lac bracket now a days.
Trust you meant ORVMs. Yes, this would have been another common feature which is sorely missed in the current edition.
Old 7th March 2016, 22:02   #9800
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Trust you meant ORVMs. Yes, this would have been another common feature which is sorely missed in the current edition.
Yes, ORVMs

The launch of Vitara Brezza should put pressure on Ford to come out with a loaded facelift. Afterall the pricing has gone quite high since the car was introduced, but the features have not kept pace. High time competition forces them to.
Old 8th March 2016, 12:37   #9801
BHPian

Quote:
The launch of Vitara Brezza should put pressure on Ford to come out with a loaded facelift. Afterall the pricing has gone quite high since the car was introduced, but the features have not kept pace. High time competition forces them to.
True.

Not just Vitara, there are more cars coming in the same space, and here its more about pricing with features than just one of them. Competition can go between cars from 8L to say 15L in terms of alternatives.

Ecosport has been delivering pure value interms of cost of ownership and pricing with features till date, updates are inevitable. Most important as you suggested would be
1. Better headlamps
2. ORVMs with Electric Retract
3. Infotainment System with a larger screen and Maps
4. Improved Suspension
Old 8th March 2016, 18:07   #9802
BHPian

Will Ford bring down Ecosport price to match Vitara Brezza now that the Brezza's prices have been announced?
Old 8th March 2016, 18:35   #9803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Something strange happened in my Ecosport AT while driving to office.

About 5km from home, suddenly the car stopped responding to throttle inputs. Engine was still on, but when I pressed the accelerator, the engine would groan as though the gear is in neutral. I moved the gear lever to N and back to D, to S and back to D but it didn't help.

So I slowly waded to the curb, put the car in P, switch off the engine, and started the engine again. Put the car in D and everything was back to normal, the car started moving as normal. Another 2kms to office was uneventful.

Don't know what was wrong. Car is 2.5 years old and has done about 24K kms. Anybody, any ideas?
The same has happened with my AT as well - twice. I just slot the gear into S and back into D and it worked for me. I really don't think of this as an issue because it's only happened twice - maybe the gearbox got absolutely confused and decided to not engage any gear!

Has anyone here enquired / thought about getting an aftermarket installation of the guide-lights below the headlights?
I do see a clear slot wherein one can insert a thin flexible led tube but couldn't find an led strip thin enough.

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 8th March 2016 at 18:40.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:43   #9804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Will Ford bring down Ecosport price to match Vitara Brezza now that the Brezza's prices have been announced?
Do not think so unless the sales plummet to 1000-1500 cars from the current figure of 3-3.5k cars. This is a successful product from Ford India and if they can manage sales of 3000 cars a month, they would not reduce the prices. It is almost 3 years since Ecosport was launched and a sales figure of 3-3.5k cars would not worry Ford India.

Brezza is a great car with Maruti backing but the Ford is a much better looker, build that is leagues ahead, has a petrol Ecoboost + AT option and the 1.5 TDCi is miles ahead of the 1.3 MJD when it comes to refinement and driveability.

As seen with Baleno, the waiting for Brezza would also touch 6-8 months and not every one wants to wait that long.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:01   #9805
BHPian

Quote:
Do not think so unless the sales plummet to 1000-1500 cars from the current figure of 3-3.5k cars. This is a successful product from Ford India and if they can manage sales of 3000 cars a month, they would not reduce the prices. It is almost 3 years since Ecosport was launched and a sales figure of 3-3.5k cars would not worry Ford India.
Ford is only able to sell the Ecosport. Figo and Aspire's sales are very poor. Brezza will definitely take away a lot of possible Ecosport customer. Ford's strategy would be interesting to watch. However, going by Ford's past history, I doubt if they will do anything to rescue the situation.
Old 8th March 2016, 20:00   #9806
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Ford is only able to sell the Ecosport. Figo and Aspire's sales are very poor. Brezza will definitely take away a lot of possible Ecosport customer. Ford's strategy would be interesting to watch. However, going by Ford's past history, I doubt if they will do anything to rescue the situation.
Figo & Aspire are good products let down by poor marketing. EcoSport was selling 5000+ for long is now hovering around 3000. High time Ford wakes up and smells coffee.

Edit: With Vitara Brezza priced reasonably competitively, EcoSport is going to feel the heat. While it looks more macho & bigger, 1L + price difference with lesser features is going to be tough to convince the buyers.

Last edited by oss : 8th March 2016 at 20:20.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:17   #9807
BHPian

Quote:
Brezza is a great car with Maruti backing but the Ford is a much better looker, build that is leagues ahead, has a petrol Ecoboost + AT option and the 1.5 TDCi is miles ahead of the 1.3 MJD when it comes to refinement and driveability.
As you said Brezza looks like a Maruti from many angles. Its relation to Swift is clearly visible in the interior. So I am sure it may not take of buyers who are fans of Good looking, solid build cars.

But what will eventually happen is it is going to be attractive for value seekers, up graders from hatchbacks and of course those Maruti fans. The price range is so attractive for the brezza that you can end up owning a decent mini SUV at less than 10 lakhs now. What I know is people who are actually not after features might find lower variants of Brezza reasonable.

Quote:
Figo & Aspire are good products let down by poor marketing. EcoSport was selling 5000+ for long is now hovering around 3000. High time Ford wakes up and smells coffee.
As you said, ford does not market their products well. If you look at the new Figo, Aspire, Ecosport and the global fiesta, you could easily find a lot of things that are common across except for some body parts. So they are looking at numbers and just commercials. I think both Figo and Aspire are brilliant cars in their segment only with Ford not keen to push them to the customers.
Old 11th March 2016, 15:07   #9808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Took my Ecoboost to the Elite Ford svc centre to address a hard gearshift issue that I had highlighted during my paid service one month back. There was some roughness while shifting between 1-2-3 gears.

Found that there was a minor leak of gear oil which the svc centre dismissed as under torque of the fasteners. Took this as a pinch of salt and told that I will observe this leak for a couple of days and bring it back to them if any leaks found. The oil level was normal but still was a bit concerning regarding the under torquing of the bolts.

Another thing observed was some rust on the steering link rod ends. Mine is a 2 year old car and is a bit concerning on the long run. Also checked a couple of other Ecosports that were up on the ramp but they were relatively new models hence no signs of rust. Any comments on these? The vehicle is under extended warranty so planning to raise this to Ford directly after consulting my first point of contact, Team-BHP.

Hi srinath34, I stumbled upon this just when I was researching on this issue in my Ecoboost as well. I have oil seepage just at the same exact place as in your picture and the amount of seepage is also exactly the same. Did torquing the bolts again resolve this issue? was there anymore seepage after the fix? Thanks in advance.
Old 11th March 2016, 16:24   #9809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Quote:
Do not think so unless the sales plummet to 1000-1500 cars from the current figure of 3-3.5k cars.
Just saw a post on the Brezza thread which mentions that the price of the Ecosport has been reduced.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3929704

Ford EcoSport petrol starting from INR 668,800 (Ex-showroom Delhi) and INR 728,800 for Diesel (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 18:00   #9810
BHPian

This is amazing from ford. Now the task in hand for ford is to ensure that this price reduction is advertised properly to lure in prospective buyers of brezza and even the likes of creta,s-cross and the tuv 300. At INR 9,75,000 and INR 10,32,000 on road Mumbai, the trend and trend+ diesels are total VFM especially given the solid ford build quality in comparison with maruti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks