Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 21:50   #9826
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Hi srinath34, I stumbled upon this just when I was researching on this issue in my Ecoboost as well. I have oil seepage just at the same exact place as in your picture and the amount of seepage is also exactly the same. Did torquing the bolts again resolve this issue? was there anymore seepage after the fix? Thanks in advance.
The torquing of bolts did seem to have helped. I have not noticed any further leaks after that.

Just ensure that the bolt threads are intact during torquing as over torque could lead to loss of thread.

Keep us posted.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 22:01   #9827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
The torquing of bolts did seem to have helped. I have not noticed any further leaks after that.

Just ensure that the bolt threads are intact during torquing as over torque could lead to loss of thread.

Keep us posted.
Thanks srinath34! I took the car to the service center couple of days back and they ended up torquing the bolts. The issue seems to have been resolved to a point. After driving the car for while, I checked whether there was any more seepage by running my fingers at that joint once the car got cooled down. There was a very faint line of oil on my finger but very very faint. There wasn't any big seepage like it earlier was. May be next time, I'll have to be there in person to ensure that they have torqued it properly. I'll update on this once I get them done in person.
Old 19th March 2016, 17:36   #9828
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a quick help regarding Ecosport VIN MAJAXXMRKAGR64980 . I decoded using the online link and it shows as a Feb 2016 car. Question is regarding the alphabet representing month. In this case as I understand it is 'R'. I would assume the month Feb should typically be B. Why is it R?

Edit: Figured it out from the VIN thread that Ford uses a cyclic system. So R for 2016 Feb seems right.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th March 2016 at 17:43.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 18:34   #9829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
+1 to you. I recently did a Mumbai - Daman trip on my ecosport (ODO-1300Km) and the NH-8 as the regulars know has many sharp bends. At least on a couple of occasions i felt that the vehicle is out of control at the bends (Speedo-80/ 85 Kmph). The tyres are Primacy 3ST which is known to have good grip.

Yeah, I am aware of only two toppling incidents, first at goa during the media drive and second at Gujarat wherein a TD vehicle toppled (whose pics were also RT'd as a third incident in Kerala that never occurred). can you pse share some more info on the 3rd incident. Thanks

As per the 3rd toppling I think I know the owner of that car.
He is Mr.rambabu who is also from my hometown miryalguda.
This man met with an accident and the car toppled. this incident took place in kerala.
I shall contact him soon and get more info on it.
Will keep you guys updated.
Old 22nd March 2016, 08:45   #9830
BHPian

I understand that all value is relative, and what is important to one person may not be seen as 'value' by another. Given all that, I was curious to hear from people on this thread that, based on the price cuts, what is the Ecosport variant that is most value for money today?
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:37   #9831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I understand that all value is relative, and what is important to one person may not be seen as 'value' by another. Given all that, I was curious to hear from people on this thread that, based on the price cuts, what is the Ecosport variant that is most value for money today?

After the price cuts, I believe the Trend+ variants are great VFM right now. For an on-road price of approximately INR 10,35,000 in Mumbai for the diesel, you get dual airbags, automatic climate control, integrated 2-din music system and more. This in comparison with the competition is clearly a steal provided the fact that the diesel is better than brezza, the interiors are again way better and finally the build quality is unmatched. This should seal the deal for me if I was on the lookout for a car today in the price range of 10 lacs.
satz581993Mille is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:24   #9832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Either the Trend+ or the Titanium. Both are good VFM as they come feature packed.

The Titanium doesn't lose anything major in terms of features except for the 6 airbags. Seat covers can be added later on.

With the Trend+ you get all the necessities in features and safety but no goodies in terms of keyless entry with push button start/stop, no alloy wheels only smaller 15" steel wheels, no SYNC system, no rear parking sensors, no leather on steering wheel etc.

The extra features in the Titanium+ are mostly luxury like the rain sensing wipers, auto headlights, leather upholstery, auto dimming IRVM. Features you can do without.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 11:52   #9833
BHPian

Have we got an update for the infotainment system (SYNC). For about a few weeks it has been acting weird. it hanged about twice this week.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:16   #9834
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford will build EcoSport in Romania.

Ford Motor will transfer production of its popular EcoSport SUV for European markets to Romania from India.

Quote:
Ford's factory in Chennai, India, will continue to build the EcoSport for domestic Indian sales and for many export markets,

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...mail-ane-daily
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:16   #9835
Senior - BHPian

1. Does the Ecosport have micro fuses or is it the normal sized ones. Need to order fuse taps.
2. Can any ecosport owner who has a rear camera installed help attach a pic of the rear camera. I want to see how its mounted.

Planning to order the below from Ali-express. Want to check if the rear camera can be installed without any hiccups.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...00023.7.0WsVCB

Cheers,
Raj
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:37   #9836
BHPian

There is one full descriptive thread, using which I was able to install a dashboard camera, I think you will be able to get enough info for your need.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167284
gsratta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 09:18   #9837
BHPian

Does anyone know if Ford has suspended the manufacturing of the Ecosport in the automatic transmission, for reasons best known to them, for an unspecified period of time? The thing is that I have placed a booking for the Ecosport in Diamond White with the local dealer. This was originally a booking for the Figo in automatic and was upgraded to the Ecosport after Ford announced the price cut on the vehicle. This was with approval of the Dealer Principal. However, yesterday, the GM of the dealership calls me and tells me that the higher officials of Ford are claiming that they cannot manufacture the vehicle in the automatic transmission for at least 4 months. No reasons were being specified. I am finding something fishy here and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. I did write to Ford yesterday on custmail@ford.com and received their standard reply. All help will be appreciated.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:10   #9838
Senior - BHPian

Ford cut prices to compete against the Brezza plus i am sure they must be selling a considerable volume of AT Ecosport. The market is maturing towards AT. The dealer explanation doesn't sound right.

Why don't you try cancelling the booking and approaching some other dealer. Or might be that due to your cancellation request, they might conjure up some trick and get an Ecosport AT.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 24th March 2016, 17:21   #9839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Does anyone know if Ford has suspended the manufacturing of the Ecosport in the automatic transmission, for reasons best known to them, for an unspecified period of time? T
... I am finding something fishy here and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. I did write to Ford yesterday on custmail@ford.com and received their standard reply. All help will be appreciated.
We just took delivery of a Diamond White Ecosport AT in Calicut, Kerala this week. The car was manufactured on 24th February. The dealer also had one more AT in stock and did not mention anything about production being stopped.

So I doubt if they have stopped production. With the price cut and renewed interest in the Ecosport, especially the AT, does not make sense in my opinion. Why don't you check with a dealer in a neighboring city? And put the question on Ford's Twitter feed..

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 24th March 2016 at 17:24.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 02:49   #9840

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Does anyone know if Ford has suspended the manufacturing of the Ecosport in the automatic transmission, for reasons best known to them, for an unspecified period of time? The thing is that I have placed a booking for the Ecosport in Diamond White with the local dealer. This was originally a booking for the Figo in automatic and was upgraded to the Ecosport after Ford announced the price cut on the vehicle. This was with approval of the Dealer Principal. However, yesterday, the GM of the dealership calls me and tells me that the higher officials of Ford are claiming that they cannot manufacture the vehicle in the automatic transmission for at least 4 months. No reasons were being specified. I am finding something fishy here and wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this. I did write to Ford yesterday on custmail@ford.com and received their standard reply. All help will be appreciated.
I must tell you that this seems like a lie told to you by your dealer. I have booked an ecosport automatic white on the 15th of March. There was no news of production being stopped even for a day by my dealer or any number of dealers that I negotiated with. And, if the dealer is giving you trouble I would suggest you to ask another dealer in your city. They are bound to have at least one in stock. Cancel your booking and get the car you want from another dealer. Do not fall for these cheap tricks.
jaskaranjaiya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks