Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 22:35   #9976
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
So here is the update after almost 20 days of the car being in the service center. All the inspection and repair works has been carried out by two technicians from Ford India rather than the dealer themselves since the car has run less than 4000 kms. For the coolant leak, water pump O ring was replaced. As far as the gearbox oil seepage is concerned, I'm not quite sure what they have done to fix it. They said that it is now fixed and there won't be any more leaks. I told them very clearly to let me know whether they are completely disassembling the gearbox to fix this issue. Now, they say that gearbox hasn't been removed but instead only the gearbox housing has been removed to put a new sealant in one place. The new sealant is placed and reassembled in the car now but how can one just remove the gearbox housing alone without disassembling the gearbox itself to fix this? Should I be concerned with this now? Will such a repair cause any reliability issues in the longer run due to the repair work done?
Please go for the extended warranty if you haven't yet, may turn out to be a saviour later on. Also, are you sure that the car wasn't a TD piece or something? Or is this just some horrendous quality by ford? I would try to get in touch with ford themselves and ask for an assurance of trouble free miles. Hope your car isn't a lemon but best to be prepared for the worse.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 06:39   #9977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Please go for the extended warranty if you haven't yet, may turn out to be a saviour later on. Also, are you sure that the car wasn't a TD piece or something? Or is this just some horrendous quality by ford? I would try to get in touch with ford themselves and ask for an assurance of trouble free miles. Hope your car isn't a lemon but best to be prepared for the worse.

I have indeed gone in for the extended warranty right when I bought the car and it is not a TD vehicle for sure. I'll be getting the car today and hopefully everything remains in place. The only thing I'm not able to understand is that, they said they have fixed the oil seepage without opening the gearbox and instead he was saying that the housing where the clutch is present was only removed to put in a new seal. I'm thinking of writing about these two issues to ford as well since I'm not the only one who has seen this issue and have seen the seepage in a couple of other ecosports as well.
Old 22nd April 2016, 07:40   #9978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As you can see the from the picture below, the coolant dripping seems to start from somewhere near the water pump and drips near the timing belt.
The thing is, the car was purchased on January 2015 but it has run only 3700Kms approximately and I'm extremely concerned with respect to the repair works being done. ..........the parts disassembled are fitted with factory level precision since the car has run only 3700Kms
Did your vehicle lie idle for prolonged periods which can be a cause for making the flexible sealing elements to harden.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:08   #9979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Did your vehicle lie idle for prolonged periods which can be a cause for making the flexible sealing elements to harden.

Actually yes, though the car has run just 3700kms, it's been close to 1.4 years since the purchase (bought on Jan 2015). So may be your theory might be right that being idle for long time could've caused the seals to get worn. I was away from my house and the car wasn't used much by my family either except for some alternate weekends. But, shouldn't car parts be proper irrespective of the usage? I mean if the car has been constantly idle for months, then there is a possibility for something or the other to break but even in this case? That too a ford?
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:40   #9980
BANNED

Quote:
But, shouldn't car parts be proper irrespective of the usage?
Logically the parts should survive long but in your case the car is idle and has run a dismal 3.7K kms in it's 1.5 years time with you.

The car is idle and exposed to the elements of nature which is harsh to have detrimental effect. Though the effect isn't vast and too much to panic but it is not good for the car to stay idle for longer durations.

Rubber parts deteriorate faster than anything else and affected more by natures elements.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:25   #9981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Can you suggest which tyre gauge you are using.

releasing air saying it was at 45 . I immediately stopped him.
Thats a shocker Amit.

Looks like one of them had a faulty pressure monitor, looks most likely to be the second guy who read 45.

I am not good with pressure monitors, but on snapdeal/flipkart/amazon I could see ones by Michelin. I am also looking for one, not well informed on other brands. Our challenge would be accuracy and durability.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:47   #9982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Thats a shocker Amit.

Looks like one of them had a faulty pressure monitor, looks most likely to be the second guy who read 45.

I am not good with pressure monitors, but on snapdeal/flipkart/amazon I could see ones by Michelin. I am also looking for one, not well informed on other brands. Our challenge would be accuracy and durability.
I am using a gauge from coido from an year, the values match with ones measured at Shell Bunk where I generally fuel up.
Had brought from snapdeal
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/coid...metalic/681641
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:30   #9983
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Brezza on road today, my first sighting. It was the VDI variant in white colour with a few chrome accessories. It was looking quite plain and was not getting much attention at all. I guess it is only the top-end dual tone variants which are eye grabbers.
Even though the Ecosport is almost 3 years old, it still gets my attention every time it passes by.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 12:17   #9984
BHPian

No doubt about it. The Eco Sport is a good looker any ways you look at it. Real snazzy design features I must say.

The Brezza on the other hand is okay with good lines too but they've botched it up pretty bad in the most critical area - the face. No character here and it looks out of sync from the rest of the body to me.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:33   #9985
BHPian

Hi Friends - I am new member here, bought Ecosport AT last month from Bhavna Ford, Nerul. Auto transmission, safety kit and ISOFIX was top on my priority list so Ecosport was obvious choice in my budget.

So far I have driven it on weekends only for short city trips , this is first time I am driving in Indian city traffic so still getting used to our road 'manners'. Hoping to go out for long highway drive soon.

I am looking forward to keep learning from this forum and share my experiences.

Sharing picture of my ride:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160410_080725.jpg
browneyes is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:41   #9986
Senior - BHPian

There is this one thing that has been bothering me since a long time. The power sockets, these are always on, even if the engine is off and the keys are taken out. I read a bit and seems all Ford cars are configured that way.

Solution - Some say doing something with a relay or swapping some fuse or adding a switch.

The one that my non technical mind could comprehend was adding a switch, but for that will have to tamper with the wires and install the switch at an accessible position. Can there be any other simpler method of having the power socket turn on only if the keys are inserted and in Ignition mode.

Has anyone thought of this or tried doing this.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 28th April 2016, 00:46   #9987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Hi Friends - I am new member here, bought Ecosport AT last month from Bhavna Ford, Nerul. Auto transmission, safety kit and ISOFIX was top on my priority list so Ecosport was obvious choice in my budget.
Congrats on your new ride ! ES is one of the safest vehicles in this range available in our country. I still remember the day i got mine after months of waiting.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140806_233234.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
There is this one thing that has been bothering me since a long time. The power sockets, these are always on, even if the engine is off and the keys are taken out. I read a bit and seems all Ford cars are configured that way.
This can be a good thing actually. Quickly charge phone if its running out of power without turning the engine on : Check
I remember i kept the charged plugged in for over 2 days without running the car and on the 3rd day i was able to start without any problems. So dont worry much about it.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:54   #9988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

This can be a good thing actually. Quickly charge phone if its running out of power without turning the engine on : Check
I remember i kept the charged plugged in for over 2 days without running the car and on the 3rd day i was able to start without any problems. So dont worry much about it.
Call me paranoid but i want everything to switch off when i remove the key. Gives me a peace of mind. I am willing to try to install a switch in between but then i will have to cut the wires and then the whole warranty issue crops up.
Old 28th April 2016, 13:09   #9989
BHPian

Anybody tried these?

Nitro ECO Petrol Car Fuel Efficiency ECU Tuning Chip Green-Ford Ecosport:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nitro-ECO-Pet...-/141942471661

Nitro ECO Diesel Car Fuel Efficiency ECU Tuning Chip Blue-Ford Ecosport:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nitro-ECO-Die...-/141942471597
Old 28th April 2016, 13:33   #9990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Anybody tried these?

Nitro ECO Petrol Car Fuel Efficiency ECU Tuning Chip Green-Ford Ecosport:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nitro-ECO-Pet...-/141942471661

Nitro ECO Diesel Car Fuel Efficiency ECU Tuning Chip Blue-Ford Ecosport:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nitro-ECO-Die...-/141942471597
I don't think stuff like these would work. Seems like a money making gimmick. Tuners charge so much for tuning the ECU or for a Box and this costs just around 1k. Not sure what all parameters it would alter, if at all it does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks