Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 17:19   #10006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Hi all,
I am planning to go for Diesel Titanium version, but a bit inclined towards Vitara brezza ZDi+ as well. I am definitely more interested in the Eco sport.

Can you kindly help me with the following points :
1. How is the long term performance of the engine as I travel extensively.
2. How are the maintenance costs compared to the Maruti.
The TDCi's are fairly reliable unit. You should not face any issues provided you do regular service.
The service costs are very cheap infact cheaper than Maruti. If you don't do any additional work during service like interior cleaning, underbody treatment etc. it should cost about 5-6K on an average for every 10K. The parts are quite cheap as well.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:22   #10007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hello Ecosport owners

Planning to buy a Petrol AT version and will keep for another 8 -10 years. I Will be using mostly on highways with about 7000-8000km per year. Mostly 2-3 passengers. Always self driving.
1. How comfortable for long drive for both driver and passengers
2. Do we feel tired after long drive say about 300-350km
3. Stability on highways?
4. Maintenance cost
5. Reliability
4. FE on both highways and city
6. Is it worth buying or go for BRV - CVT

THanks
Hi VMG , I'm driving a ES 1.5 petrol Manual past 2.3 yrs ODO done 27k.Done many small trips like Mangalore ,Chennai ,Tirupathi etc...
It is very comfortable for long drives and none of the passengers have ever complained. Driven at a stretch of 550 Km never felt any strain or tiredness. Even at high speeds, you do not feel a thing, it flies low. 12.6 is the AVG mileage .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th May 2016 at 07:46. Reason: Removed mention of speeding on public roads. Thanks!
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 06:47   #10008
BHPian

I just got my 2015 Fiesta remapped by T-O-T.
I notice a delay in throttle response, from day I got it from showroom, when the A pedal is depressed. I want it to disappear. Anyone here who got their car remapped, could you please let me know if the delay is still there or gone?
Old 6th May 2016, 20:17   #10009
BHPian

Is their anyone using an OBD 2 BT device on their ecosport ? How to close the falp post attachment of the device. Also, is their any device that has a turn on and off switch so that battery is not consumed ?

Also, I am looking forward to get my Ecosport's Central console unit painted / vinyl wrapped in piano black or satin black. Has anyone does this, or do you have any place that can do it in NCR?
Old 7th May 2016, 02:53   #10010

Hi all,
Took the TD of the 1.5 L TDCi titanium plus today.
Ride quality is simply fantastic. It's a very well built car which definitely feels premium and VFM.
The cabin space is a major draw back.It feels very congested with the dashboard protruding into the already congested cabin space. Back seat is good only for 2 ppl. 3rd passenger is definitely unwelcome. I was ready to compromise on the good-to-have features like the 7-inch touch screen,reverse parking camera (which can be fitted through a 3rd party vendor),auto-retractable ORVMS,cruise control etc. in exchange for a very good ride quality, build quality and amazing external looks. But cabin space is something I am finding very tough to compromise on.

Still wondering why my father's S-cross which has the same width as the ecosport (1765mm) feels much more spacious than the ecosport especially at the back seat, while the Honda city which is only 1695mm wide feels much better.

Please correct me if my observations are not right.

Help!!
Old 7th May 2016, 08:37   #10011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Is their anyone using an OBD 2 BT device on their ecosport ? How to close the falp post attachment of the device. Also, is their any device that has a turn on and off switch so that battery is not consumed ?

I do use one. You can't close the flap nor switch it off. I don't think leaving it plugged is a good idea as they get hot after some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post

Still wondering why my father's S-cross which has the same width as the ecosport (1765mm) feels much more spacious than the ecosport especially at the back seat, while the Honda city which is only 1695mm wide feels much better.

Please correct me if my observations are not right.

Help!!
The doors of Ecosport are about half a feet thick each and that's what reduces the space in the back.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 18:38   #10012
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post

Also, I am looking forward to get my Ecosport's Central console unit painted / vinyl wrapped in piano black or satin black. Has anyone does this, or do you have any place that can do it in NCR?

Incidentally, have done both 😊. OBD connector on the ecosport is clip on type, you can remove the connector, push it in and plug a mini sized bt device. Closing the flap shouldn't be a problem after that. I haven't faced any battery drain issues in last 1 year of use with this/ always on mode

I got the central console and the air con vents painted in bright silver color, this was done to match with a faux steering insert ( that was silver in color) and also to create contrast effect with the black interiors ( got the lower dash and everything else painted black). I wouldn't know who in NCR can do this but if you know of a car interior expert, you can try'em out

Painting requires the entire console to be removed from the dash hence should only be carried out by professionals

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 7th May 2016 at 18:40.
Old 8th May 2016, 04:31   #10013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Hi Friends - I am new member here, bought Ecosport AT last month from Bhavna Ford, Nerul. Auto transmission, safety kit and ISOFIX was top on my priority list so Ecosport was obvious choice in my budget.
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum.
You will surely have loads of fun here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
There is this one thing that has been bothering me since a long time. The power sockets, these are always on, even if the engine is off and the keys are taken out. I read a bit and seems all Ford cars are configured that way.
Has anyone thought of this or tried doing this.

For me, this feature of alltime powered socket is quite useful to quickly charge any gadget when I am away from the car.
I've been doing this all the time and it has proven to be quite useful.

Are you facing any issue with the current set up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Can you suggest which tyre gauge you are using. I am looking out for a reliable tyre inflater but could'nt make up my mind. Feedback for most of them is that their gauge is not accurate. Went through TBHP's forum also which discuses tyre inflaters.
I don't trust the roadside tyre shop's machine. I had filled up 32 in my car a month back, today I went to another shop, he started releasing air saying it was at 45 . I immediately stopped him.
Michellin, Slime and Good year are good brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
I am having serious problems with the Chennai Ford Dealer who has charged Rs. 4,697/- me for replacing the nuts
Ecosport's wheel nuts have an inherent design flaw of the edges wearing off too quickly.
One major precaution is to never allow the usage of pneumatic wheel tools and unscrew them only with the spanner provided.

Any update on your warranty for the wheel nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I just got my 2015 Fiesta remapped by T-O-T.
I notice a delay in throttle response, from day I got it from showroom, when the A pedal is depressed. I want it to disappear. Anyone here who got their car remapped, could you please let me know if the delay is still there or gone?
Congratulations
Was the remap done via the OBD port or they had to open up the ECU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareesh3395 View Post
Hi fellow ecosportians, how much mileage we can expect in city driving conditions?
12 to 15kmpl is a practical expectation depending on traffic conditions

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th May 2016 at 04:39.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:32   #10014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
For me, this feature of all time powered socket is quite useful to quickly charge any gadget when I am away from the car. I've been doing this all the time and it has proven to be quite useful.
Can you please illustrate how is this applied? In other words, how do make it work? Because if left powered on, potentially it can drain the battery. (Say you leave the socket alive and go on a vacation?). Charging is good as you explain, but it can be quite risky if you forget about it. Thats the issue.

Last edited by ampere : 8th May 2016 at 10:33.
Old 8th May 2016, 10:57   #10015
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Can you please illustrate how is this applied? In other words, how do make it work? Because if left powered on, potentially it can drain the battery. (Say you leave the socket alive and go on a vacation?). Charging is good as you explain, but it can be quite risky if you forget about it. Thats the issue.
Yup it will most definitely drain the battery. It's ok for a few hours but if you don't use the car for over a week and you have some device charging then bye bye battery.

It happened with me in case of the dashcam which is always on and drains the battery.
Old 8th May 2016, 11:04   #10016
Distinguished - BHPian

Did not know about this. Seems to be a nice feature to have if used judiciously. Like using the dash cam to monitor the car in a non secure or crowded parking lot. A lot of scenarios where I have felt the need to have some sort of monitoring of the car.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 8th May 2016 at 11:05.
Old 8th May 2016, 11:06   #10017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
For me, this feature of alltime powered socket is quite useful to quickly charge any gadget when I am away from the car.
I've been doing this all the time and it has proven to be quite useful.

Was the remap done via the OBD port or they had to open up the ECU?
T-O-T have figured out a way to do it via tge OBD port itself. The whole process took about one hour. That's it.
Thank you.

Quote:
It is quite risky to forget your phone/other gadget in the car. A thief may steal it. He might even try breaking one of the windows glass to steal this gadget.
So, leaving a gadget in the car in open, not good in itself.
Now, if you don't forget, it is a good feature.
I went for 3 day camping. It was a remote place with no electricity. We were 10 guys in two cars. Only mine had this feature of a port that is always on. So 10 mobile phones were kept charged using the same. We would connnect two phones at a time, as I had a charger with two USB ports. And after 2 hours, somebody would replace these two phones with 2 other ones. See, quite useful.
Also, when you take a break for lunch on a long drive, you can leave your low battery phone in the car and it would be half charged when you come back from having your meal.
Cool, right?
Old 8th May 2016, 14:44   #10018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Did not know about this. Seems to be a nice feature to have if used judiciously. Like using the dash cam to monitor the car in a non secure or crowded parking lot. A lot of scenarios where I have felt the need to have some sort of monitoring of the car.
It's an advantage and an disadvantage as well. I have a couple of times forgot to unplug my dashcam, lucky that the car was parked for only a day. But if the parking was for a week and you forget to turn off, could easily end up with a dead battery.
Old 8th May 2016, 17:43   #10019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yup it will most definitely drain the battery. It's ok for a few hours but if you don't use the car for over a week and you have some device charging then bye bye battery.

It happened with me in case of the dashcam which is always on and drains the battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
T-O-T have figured out a way to do it via tge OBD port itself. The whole process took about one hour. That's it.
Thank you.

I went for 3 day camping. It was a remote place with no electricity. We were 10 guys in two cars. Only mine had this feature of a port that is always on. So 10 mobile phones were kept charged using the same. We would connnect two phones at a time, as I had a charger with two USB ports. And after 2 hours, somebody would replace these two phones with 2 other ones. See, quite useful.
Also, when you take a break for lunch on a long drive, you can leave your low battery phone in the car and it would be half charged when you come back from having your meal.
Cool, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
It's an advantage and an disadvantage as well. I have a couple of times forgot to unplug my dashcam, lucky that the car was parked for only a day. But if the parking was for a week and you forget to turn off, could easily end up with a dead battery.

I agree with you guys that the stock battery of the Ecosport which is 43amps is quite useless and troublesome.

My car is equipped with an Amaron flo 65 amp battery which practically never discharged on me even after my extensive usage.
I use a Vano 4 port USB adapter

1) My dash cam is constantly on, both while parking and on the move.
2) I practically use my WAECO refrigerator every day and it is always plugged into the rear socket.It works for at least 40 mins after I park the car(it has a built in cut off, works when the amps goes below 30)
3) Always charge my 10000mah portable powerbank in the car
4) Charge phones and a tab whenever required (I make sure they are kept hidden from prying eyes when we are away from the car and the dash cam does a fantastic job when the car is parked)
5) And it is a boon during camping trips and nightouts, never have to worry about finding sockets or electricity or chargers.

I disconnect everything when not in town.

Hope this answers all queries.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 8th May 2016 at 17:59.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 19:37   #10020
BHPian

Hi Guys,
After a lot of lurking on threads on team-bhp, and dilly dallying, I booked the Ecosport Petrol Titanium today, golden Bronze. Have been given a delivery date 15-20 days away.
What are the must have accessories to add to this already loaded variant?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks