Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 22:05   #10156
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
What about the intervals for replacing the air filter and fluids? For eg the air filter got replaced at 5k kms instead of 20k kms.
You are looking at one side of the coin. Generally spare parts comes with certain life which are marked against number of kms driven or number of months passed from the date of purchase. Of both personally I feel latter is bit debatable topic which I won`t be commenting on.
So if you consider this, air filter replacement is supposed to be done at 20,000 kms or 24 months from the date of purchase. If you look at your ownership manual it will have details of spares which will be inspected/replaced against the service interval.
Quote:
1025 rs. was charged for a "full vehicle inspection report card".
400 rs for "surface refinement"
440 rs for "motor care/engine room waxing"
And the total labour charge came out to be 3600 rs.
I feel you have a become a victim of scams running around in dealerships. IMO "surface refinement" and "motor care/engine room waxing" are unnecessary addons which straightway one should reject it if SA informs about it. In your case i feel you were not informed well ahead before you are billed. Talking about my experience with Ford ASC, before I take my car to the service I always used to be well aware of parts which will be replaced and luckily so far my total bill has more or less matched with what Ford mentioned in its Ford Service price promise portal ofcourse with some minor differences.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 01:07   #10157
BHPian

Quote:
What about the intervals for replacing the air filter and fluids? For eg the air filter got replaced at 5k kms instead of 20k kms.

1025 rs. was charged for a "full vehicle inspection report card".
400 rs for "surface refinement"
440 rs for "motor care/engine room waxing"
And the total labour charge came out to be 3600 rs.
Wow. These tales of malpractices by dealerships never end. I was charged about 600/- for "cavity protection" and another 600/- for windshield washer fluid. In 600/- i could have bought a windshield cleaner off the shelf which would have lasted me for a couple of years. Later on when I got a call from Ford about my service experience, i vented out my entire anger on them. My SA didn't even know which grade of engine oil goes into Ecoboost but was quick enough to add the extra unapproved charges. My mistake that i didn't object at the time of billing, but by that time I had become so frustrated that i just wanted to get out of that place.
Old 9th June 2016, 09:11   #10158
BHPian

A little bit of offroading with new sets of tyres.

Uprasenjit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 12:25   #10159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Ford service promise says Rs 4390 will be your total bill for 2nd service and adding WA/WB cost to your bill, roughly total bill will come around Rs5100. So you have additionally paid Rs 2000 more. Please check the bill once again for cost break up.
Normally they charge extra on things not included in the service promise like:
  • Tyre alignment & balancing
  • Engine bay water-less cleaning
  • Some plastic protection they used while cleaning interiors
  • Windshield washer fluid
if you are telling not to avail them explicitly they will do it by default as a part of their tactic to extract more revenue from unsuspecting customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Wow. These tales of malpractices by dealerships never end. I was charged about 600/- for "cavity protection" and another 600/- for windshield washer fluid.
The washer fluid has a MRP of around 60-80 rs tops if i remember correctly. For me they charged for 2 pouches (one pouch poured in car and another given for future use) 600 is daylight robbery. Just ask them to show the washer refill pouch and see the MRP yourself. Escalate this immediately
Old 9th June 2016, 12:59   #10160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Normally they charge extra on things not included in the service promise like:
  • Tyre alignment & balancing
  • Engine bay water-less cleaning
  • Some plastic protection they used while cleaning interiors
  • Windshield washer fluid
if you are telling not to avail them explicitly they will do it by default as a part of their tactic to extract more revenue from unsuspecting customers.
Your post made me to relook on the bills of my services done so far and as expected I didn`t see 2nd and 3rd items. May be these are new scams to fool customers around. In my case SA did checked with me whether I wanted WA/WB and also mentioned about adding washer fluid which will cost me 56 INR.
Old 9th June 2016, 14:37   #10161
BHPian

Quick Update on the recall- My car is a June 2013 model, took the car to Saluja Ford Chandigarh, took 15 minutes for them to change the clips.All good
Old 10th June 2016, 12:54   #10162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
I went to the dealership today and showed them the problem. The Sales Manager said they will escalate the issue to Ford. They've asked for a week's time to come up with a proper solution without damaging the seat covers. And I should expect a call back soon.
Update on the issue :

I did not get any resolution from the dealership for a week, so was forced to write to Ford customer care.

After that the dealership has suddenly swung into action, and I have gotten numerous calls from the accessories person of the dealership, Ford customer care, and even service manager of the dealership.

The issue is still unresolved, cause a) everybody wanted me to take the vehicle, and show them the issue(and no, they cannot pick & drop the vehicle), and b) I've rejected one of the option being given.

Option 1) They will make a slit to pass the hooks, and tuck the material under the seat with flimsy hooks(the kind that are used to tack upholstery)
Option 2) An external vendor will make the slit, put a reinforcement patch, stitch around it, for a permanent solution.

I know option 2 is the way to go. But for that to happen, they expect me to drop everything & take the vehicle to the dealership, then to the external vendor, who'll inspect the covers, and then confirm whether he's going to do the job or not.

I'm really appalled by the way things are being handled, and the disgusting attitude of the dealership. At one point in the conversation, one of the guy tells me "seems like you are not interested in resolving the issue, we're trying to fix your problem." Wow! A problem that would not have existed if they were doing their job in the first place.

After all this, I would rather get the work done from outside on my own.

Need a little help there. Can anybody recommend a good seat cover maker in Gurgaon. I have gone through the Tea-BHP directory and couldn't find any.

Rgds.
Old 11th June 2016, 20:48   #10163
BHPian

Got mine done 2 days ago. The car is making a big noise when it goes over a speed breaker. Will get it checked tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Update regarding the recall:

An underbody clip which holds the fuel and brake lines has been replaced with a newer improved version.

What is the difference?
Older clip(soiled one in the first picture ) snugly fits around 4 pipes and is prone to breakage when the high pressure liquids flow back and forth.

The new clip(jet black one in the second picture) is supposed to dampen the Vibrations and hence is more durable.

The projections in the clip which go towards the centre and hold the pipe; help in soaking up Vibrations

The clip costs around INR 68 but they have done the replacement free of cost.
Mody ford was generous enough to give a free car wash too
Old 12th June 2016, 08:54   #10164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Update on the issue :

I did not get any resolution from the dealership for a week, so was forced to write to Ford customer care.

After that the dealership has suddenly swung into action, and I have gotten numerous calls from the accessories person of the dealership, Ford customer care, and even service manager of the dealership.

The issue is still unresolved, cause a) everybody wanted me to take the vehicle, and show them the issue(and no, they cannot pick & drop the vehicle), and b) I've rejected one of the option being given.

Option 1) They will make a slit to pass the hooks, and tuck the material under the seat with flimsy hooks(the kind that are used to tack upholstery)
Option 2) An external vendor will make the slit, put a reinforcement patch, stitch around it, for a permanent solution.
The issue was finally resolved yesterday.
All it took was opening the seat cover, folding & tucking 1/2" of the edges under. No cutting required.
The hooks are out and usable.
Old 12th June 2016, 09:33   #10165
BHPian

Hi folks,

I own a fairly new ecoboost ecosport and it has run around 3k kms. I have been facing power loss issues on it while slowing down on inclines and starting up again, which is amplified with 3 or more people on board. Half clutch doesnt work as its supposed to and the engine doesn't spool enough power. To prevent the engine stalling I give more accelerator input and release the clutch more. No reaction. Even on jamming the accelerator full way and releasing the clutch entirely doesn't have any reaction from the engine and the vehicle gently rolls back without stalling or turning off. No knocking occurs here and anti knocking doesn't come into effect. The rpms dont increase and engine is silent. The engine just doesn't respond for a few seconds. I have to roll down completely and then start the incline at a higher speeding keeping the rpm at 3k.

I am aware the ecoboost is not big on low end grunt, in fact mine starts to knock on first gear going up a small incline with no accelerator input. Me thinks the ecosport is just too heavy for the the 3 cylinder eciboost engine. But that shouldnt make the engine stop responding? It maybe an anti stall feature. Does anyone else face this issue? Any idea on how to tackle this? Driving me nuts!

Thanks.
Old 12th June 2016, 10:37   #10166

Hello,

Please let me know if not appropriate in this thread and I need to move my message in some other thread.

Finalized Ecosport AT, the only issue which i am feeling and surprisingly in spite of so many threads on ecosport no body seems to have faced it. My wife and we both felt the seats are a bit too stiff for comfort, anybody else faced this? Am planning to either get aftermarket Art Leather seat covers or fabric with more cushioning as after test driving the vehicle in 20 minutes my wife had lower back pain.

Feedback/suggestions on this factor.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th June 2016, 11:56   #10167
BHPian

On my 2016 Ecosport, the windscreen washer nozzles end up spraying just a little water beyond the windscreen as well. I've once angered a biker rather badly. I got the nozzle replaced but the issue persists, especially on the left side. Is this a common issue? I'm quite surprised by it.
Old 12th June 2016, 12:07   #10168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Hello,

Please let me know if not appropriate in this thread and I need to move my message in some other thread.

Finalized Ecosport AT, the only issue which i am feeling and surprisingly in spite of so many threads on ecosport no body seems to have faced it. My wife and we both felt the seats are a bit too stiff for comfort, anybody else faced this? Am planning to either get aftermarket Art Leather seat covers or fabric with more cushioning as after test driving the vehicle in 20 minutes my wife had lower back pain.

Thanks in advance!
Since the AT has side (and curtain) airbags, it may not be advisable to put on covers or do any modification. However suggest you check with Ford before doing anything.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 12:07   #10169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Hi folks,

I own a fairly new ecoboost ecosport and it has run around 3k kms. I have been facing power loss issues on it while slowing down on inclines and starting up again, which is amplified with 3 or more people on board. Half clutch doesnt work as its supposed to and the engine doesn't spool enough power. To prevent the engine stalling I give more accelerator input and release the clutch more. No reaction. Even on jamming the accelerator full way and releasing the clutch entirely doesn't have any reaction from the engine and the vehicle gently rolls back without stalling or turning off. No knocking occurs here and anti knocking doesn't come into effect. The rpms dont increase and engine is silent. The engine just doesn't respond for a few seconds. I have to roll down completely and then start the incline at a higher speeding keeping the rpm at 3k.

I have a 3.6k run Ecoboost. Never faced any such issues till date nor have observed such behavior from other Ecoboost owners on the forum. Low end grunt is less no doubt however it isn't that bad that you mash the A pedal and the car doesn't move forward. Think you should get this sorted with Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Am planning to either get aftermarket Art Leather seat covers or fabric with more cushioning as after test driving the vehicle in 20 minutes my wife had lower back pain.

Thanks in advance!
To each his own. I prefer stiffer seats as they are better on a longish drive. Have driven 600kms at a stretch and have never felt the need to make any changes. Again, it all depends on your preference and spinal comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
On my 2016 Ecosport, the windscreen washer nozzles end up spraying just a little water beyond the windscreen .
Its an easy fix. Get a pin that you use to attach cheques or bank slips. Insert that into the nozzle that's squirting water above the windscreen and gently move it downwards. Had done it on my old Honda City Vtec and has worked.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 12:40   #10170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Since the AT has side (and curtain) airbags, it may not be advisable to put on covers or do any modification. However suggest you check with Ford before doing anything.
I was told by an accessory dealer recently that seat covers facilitating deployment of air bags are presently available.

I came across this video also.

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th June 2016 at 12:43.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks