Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 22:56   #10246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Thanks for your reply. I read your earlier post that your ecosport has crossed 60k? Can I ask if you had the diesel or petrol? How is it holding up now, what's the current ODO reading at? Did you face anything else apart from regular servicing(oil change etc)?
It's the diesel. Once had problem with transmission oil leaking. Was fixed under warranty. Oil leakage was also there in the rear shock absorber again replaced under warranty. Front disks and breakpads replaced due to shudder while braking even though the brake pads had a lot of life left in them. Rest has been the regular service.
Clutch has become a bit hard now and might have to replace in another 10-20k. It's now at 61k which includes a leh trip of 9k.
Old 28th June 2016, 11:43   #10247
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My battery seems to be dying on me once every 2 weeks. My 3yr warranty ends in exactly a weeks time. Does the warranty cover battery? Am wondering if i could take benefit of the warranty.

Also, what brand is recommended as a replacement? Thanks!
Old 28th June 2016, 12:47   #10248
Distinguished - BHPian

Battery is a consumable, and three years is not an unreasonable lifetime. This is just an ordinary motoring expense which we have to pay.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 13:10   #10249
BHPian

Folks, I recently bought a pre-worshipped Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium (with push button start) - manufactured in May 2013 with 29K kms on odometer for 7.7 lacs (KA registration)

The interior and exterior are in excellent shape. No installed accessories though. I hope that is a fair deal. Views anyone?

Everything seems great on the Ecosport - except for maybe the fuel efficiency. I am getting 12-13 KMPL with mostly rush hour driving on outer ring road in Bangalore.

Many BHPians have reported similar numbers so I am not thinking much about it. The traffic situation anyways has been worse than usual in the past few weeks.

My polo (petrol) gives me similar fuel efficiency - which makes me appreciate the humble 3 pot motor which has much less fuel efficiency as per the ARAI figures than Ecosport. (17.xx Polo vs 22.xx on Ecosport).

I had booked a Brezza very early (before launch) but the built quality / quality of engineering didn't seem anywhere close to Ecosport or even S-Cross for that matter. So went with a pre worshipped Ecosport.

The driving dynamics are good. Comfort not so much. Plan to go in for a remap once the extended warranty is over. Thanks to fellow BHPians and their informed view on cars to help me make this decision.
Old 28th June 2016, 20:06   #10250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Folks, I recently bought a pre-worshipped Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium (with push button start) - manufactured in May 2013 with 29K kms on odometer for 7.7 lacs (KA registration)

The interior and exterior are in excellent shape. No installed accessories though. I hope that is a fair deal. Views anyone?

Everything seems great on the Ecosport - except for maybe the fuel efficiency. I am getting 12-13 KMPL with mostly rush hour driving on outer ring road in Bangalore.

Many BHPians have reported similar numbers so I am not thinking much about it. The traffic situation anyways has been worse than usual in the past few weeks.

My polo (petrol) gives me similar fuel efficiency - which makes me appreciate the humble 3 pot motor which has much less fuel efficiency as per the ARAI figures than Ecosport. (17.xx Polo vs 22.xx on Ecosport).

I had booked a Brezza very early (before launch) but the built quality / quality of engineering didn't seem anywhere close to Ecosport or even S-Cross for that matter. So went with a pre worshipped Ecosport.

The driving dynamics are good. Comfort not so much. Plan to go in for a remap once the extended warranty is over. Thanks to fellow BHPians and their informed view on cars to help me make this decision.
Hi srvshaun ;
I brought the new Ecosport 1.5l TDCI Titanium version with 2 airbags , initially for the first 2 tankfuls I got 13kmpl , and after that for last 2 tankful with sedate driving I got 18.63kmpl and 16.87kmpl , route to office is Malleswaram to Jigani to and fro 76kms I have covered about 2000kms in last one month
Try to use the low end torque without using much of accelerator and use of clutch , this machine has loads of low end torque , I am yet to master it , coming from 5 yrs ownership of Hyundai I20 Dsl this is all together different machine , torque delivery is very linear , the fuel efficiency is super sensitive to acceleration be light footed and this machine should reward of a much better mileage.
All the best to you
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 20:56   #10251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
My battery seems to be dying on me once every 2 weeks. My 3yr warranty ends in exactly a weeks time. Does the warranty cover battery? Am wondering if i could take benefit of the warranty.

Battery carries its own warranty, not covered under the car's. Check the manual for battery warranty details, usually the OEM ones have 12/18 months only. You can take any brand, now a days most of them come with a standard 24 months warranty and another 24 months prorata warranty. My personal choice would be Amaron.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 21:11   #10252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I just got the Ecosport Diesel last week. My observations after driving for 500Kms.
1. I found the clutch to be soft comparable with my earlier cars which were petrol, I did not find any hardness in it.
2. No play in the brake pedal as well.
3. Headlamps are pathetic, definitely requires an upgrade.
4. I got an average of 19.8KMPL(MID info) over 150Kms between Bangalore and Mysore with 5 adults and a bootful of luggage. This was right after taking delivery and on a new engine which had done less than 100Kms. Now the avg stands at 18.4KMPL(MID info) after driving 500Kms with around 350Kms of highway driving and rest in city traffic. I kept the speeds between 80 to 100Kmph
Hi Speedmiester
Upgraded my headlights to 90/100 normal Osram lamps with Phillips relay wiring kit cost came to 2.8K including labour costs and the intensity has certainly increased I will post the review after driving on the Nice road from Bannerughatta to PES college route when I am able to do so at night times with rain on.

Last edited by kkat : 28th June 2016 at 21:15. Reason: cost of modification
Old 28th June 2016, 21:32   #10253
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Would like to share with pride and happiness that I'm now a proud owner of the Ecosport Trend+ TDCI model, Mars Red color. I would like to thank this forum in general as I read through a lot of reviews of a lot of cars to arrive at my decision. I owe a lot of automobile knowledge to this forum and the reason why ABS and airbags were my minimum requirements this time around is due to the importance of safety that all members here talk about so highly.

The overall experience from booking to delivery was mixed and I had to escalate issues to get things done but later everything fell into place and the folks at Mody Ford, Hyderabad really worked hard to deliver me the vehicle as requested. Must say the vehicle is fresh off the oven, as the build date is 8th June as per the VIN and I took delivery on 18th. For now everything is working flawlessly (touchwood) and I'm enjoying the ride. I didn't bargain much and got the essential kit and rear parking sensors free of charge. The tyres are MRF steel tyres and they seem to be okay as of now. I don't plan to upgrade or modify anything till I gain confidence in the vehicle. I will definitely post a review once I munch up some significant miles. For now, going through the pangs of registering a new car without middlemen, so you know how it works.

Must say a word about my old workhorse the 'Alto', which served me without a single hiccup despite its own limitations. I took it to far away destinations and it brought me and my family back safe and sound everytime. I have retained the vehicle as I know I won't get the price it deserves and since it's serving me well, I don't see any reason to sell it.

Once again thank you all for your expert comments, honest opinions and unbiased reviews. TBHP rocks!!!

Last edited by saleem_k : 28th June 2016 at 21:33.
saleem_k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 22:04   #10254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Hello BHPians,

Would like to share with pride and happiness that I'm now a proud owner of the Ecosport Trend+ TDCI model, Mars Red color. I would like to thank this forum in general as I read through a lot of reviews of a lot of cars to arrive at my decision. I owe a lot of automobile knowledge to this forum and the reason why ABS and airbags were my minimum requirements this time around is due to the importance of safety that all members here talk about so highly.

The overall experience from booking to delivery was mixed and I had to escalate issues to get things done but later everything fell into place and the folks at Mody Ford, Hyderabad really worked hard to deliver me the vehicle as requested. Must say the vehicle is fresh off the oven, as the build date is 8th June as per the VIN and I took delivery on 18th. For now everything is working flawlessly (touchwood) and I'm enjoying the ride. I didn't bargain much and got the essential kit and rear parking sensors free of charge. The tyres are MRF steel tyres and they seem to be okay as of now. I don't plan to upgrade or modify anything till I gain confidence in the vehicle. I will definitely post a review once I munch up some significant miles. For now, going through the pangs of registering a new car without middlemen, so you know how it works.

Must say a word about my old workhorse the 'Alto', which served me without a single hiccup despite its own limitations. I took it to far away destinations and it brought me and my family back safe and sound everytime. I have retained the vehicle as I know I won't get the price it deserves and since it's serving me well, I don't see any reason to sell it.

Once again thank you all for your expert comments, honest opinions and unbiased reviews. TBHP rocks!!!
Congratulations Saleem and wish you many happy miles!

The trend+ is very well kitted and is a welcome addition to the variants.

Regarding your experience with the dealership, what issues did you face?

I did a TD last Saturday with Satyam Ford (Thane) at their showroom & there have been no follow ups since.

Wonder why the sales department are so lethargic when they have the cars ready in their yard!
Old 28th June 2016, 22:40   #10255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
It's the diesel. Once had problem with transmission oil leaking. Was fixed under warranty. Oil leakage was also there in the rear shock absorber again replaced under warranty. Front disks and breakpads replaced due to shudder while braking even though the brake pads had a lot of life left in them. Rest has been the regular service.
Clutch has become a bit hard now and might have to replace in another 10-20k. It's now at 61k which includes a leh trip of 9k.
Do you have any sort of engine/sump guard installed? Should I worry about installing one?
Old 28th June 2016, 22:59   #10256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi Speedmiester
Upgraded my headlights to 90/100 normal Osram lamps with Phillips relay wiring kit cost came to 2.8K including labour costs and the intensity has certainly increased I will post the review after driving on the Nice road from Bannerughatta to PES college route when I am able to do so at night times with rain on.
While it is a well known and well discussed fact that the Ecosport OEM headlamps require upgrade, have you noticed the incapable tail lamps as well. While following Ecosports, I felt that the tail lamps too are too small and less bright. It would be hard to spot in rains or foggy weather.
Old 28th June 2016, 23:33   #10257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Do you have any sort of engine/sump guard installed? Should I worry about installing one?
I had got a custom engine guard done with a local fabricator. Details are available in my ownership review thread. I actually took cues from Ecosport rules, please go through his review as well. If you don't have time for something custom made you can go for the OEM guard made of abs plastic.
You need to get one only if you plan to take the car to very bad roads. Fyki I have never scraped the underbody till date.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 28th June 2016 at 23:37.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:22   #10258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Now that a few months have gone by, would you kindly update us on the performance of these projectors? Are they still working well? Is the light throw wide or at least wider than stock halogens? By wide, I mean if it illuminates the sides of the road as well and not just directly in front of the car. What is the improvement over standard halogens in light output? Would you estimate it to be double or treble than before or less?Thank you for sharing the details of such an interesting product.
Yes - it's been a few months since the mini-projectors were installed. They have worked well thus far (of course - being of unknown make, there is no warranty so you have to take your chances).
I've found the light throw to be pretty good. I had changed my stock bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers and later to Philips Xtreme Vision 130+. My take is that these are way better than those. The beams are decently focused (cut off) and you don't blind oncoming traffic with your high beam. The spread is decent - far better than the originals. I can't quantify the extent of improvement but if someone were to hold a gun to my head I would say 30 to 40% better than earlier.
However I must reiterate that you are taking a leap of faith when you install these because of the lack of warranty.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 03:58   #10259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Check for the stock battery's warranty but I am sure that it is out of date.

I replaced my stock battery (43amps) with an Amaron flo 65 amps battery and recommend you the same

Last edited by ecosport rules : 30th June 2016 at 03:59.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 12:15   #10260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Check for the stock battery's warranty but I am sure that it is out of date.

I replaced my stock battery (43amps) with an Amaron flo 65 amps battery and recommend you the same
Thanks! Any reason you went in for a higher amp battery?

Most Viewed