Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:19   #10231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Hello All,
I read somewhere online that, new version of EcoSport would get a new dashboard design which would include a touch screen as well.
After visiting the Ford Dealers, I had few questions and request inputs from fellow members regarding below:

1) Below were offered on Titanium+ TDCI
2) In the day/night mode IRVM, rear camera display cannot be integrated with the 2016 models Titanium+ models. Looks like we will loose the day night mode and need to just settle for regular IRVM with rear camera view integrated. Is this correct

4) Any option to opt for official Ford accessory for the headlamps (to have them changed to projector headlights)..

Congratulations both for the car and your membership into Team bhp.

The new facelift will have a colour screen without touch function.
The powered IRVM can be integrated with the reverse camera(available as an accessory)
"Eagle eye" brand has plug and play headlamps with projectors and will not hamper warranty.

My ecosport has turned three today and I am surprised that it still has a 4 week waiting period.
Please go through my ownership report, might be useful to you.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 23rd June 2016 at 16:36.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:11   #10232
Senior - BHPian

Is this how Ecosport will like in 2017. Just saw it in an Indonesian site. If yes, then what a stunning car.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2.jpg  

pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:51   #10233
BHPian

This seems to be the current day Ford Edge being sold in the Americas.

Source
Old 24th June 2016, 00:38   #10234
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
This seems to be the current day Ford Edge being sold in the Americas.

Source
This is definitely Ford Edge and not EcoSport. I have seen the older Edge in Brazil. Ford India should bring this to our shores.

Last edited by MAS : 24th June 2016 at 00:40.
Old 24th June 2016, 01:23   #10235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations both for the car and your membership into Team bhp.

The powered IRVM can be integrated with the reverse camera(available as an accessory)
"Eagle eye" brand has plug and play headlamps with projectors and will not hamper warranty.

My ecosport has turned three today and I am surprised that it still has a 4 week waiting period.
Please go through my ownership report, might be useful to you.
Thanks ecosport rules. I'm yet to buy the car - only shortlisted for now.

Yes, I have gone thru your thread and loved the way you've accessorized your Ecosport. Must say, I started liking Ecosport only after going through the official review and your ownership report.

I checked with the dealer after seeing your ownership report, however per the dealer - only the initial models had these provision as an official accessory. For the 2016 model - can't be automatic day / night mode IRVM with reverse camera display plugged in. If you do so, then you loose the automatic day / night mode. He also stated that they tried doing it in one of the Titanium+ model and had failed resulting in customer refund.

Regarding projector head lamps, I'm looking for one that comes in as an official Ford accessory and not an after market.

Oh yes, the wait period of 4 weeks - dealer states the Mars Red Titanium+ TDCI is built on order and nothing available in stock (same case for most of the other colors as well).
Old 25th June 2016, 22:46   #10236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I'm just hoping that the seat covers will make cleaning it easier in case of spillage or if someone throws up due to travel sickness. Then there are few non-removable marks in the seat that I'd like to hide as well. My previous car (a pre-owned Wagon-R) even had the seat plastic covers intact! Even then I put seat covers as soon as I bought that. Although I never had to remove it for cleaning in the nine years of owning it. At least I felt I was nice to the next owner.

Search in TB mobile app didn't show anything relevant yesterday. But searching in the desktop site now showed some discussion in this thread (around page 301) regarding airbag-friendly seat covers. Why is it not recommended?
I have installed Airbag complaint seat covers on my AT. Part name is SBA 0011. look at page 532 for a pic of the same.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 00:04   #10237
Senior - BHPian

Is this the 2017 Ecosport for India ?
Spotted somewhere in TN

Source : Facebook

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-13512013_1314757515221106_5058444425820785440_n.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 00:13   #10238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Is this the 2017 Ecosport for India ?
Spotted somewhere in TN

Source : Facebook
I don't think Ford would ditch spare alloy on boot lid for Indian customers . It should be an export variant.
Old 26th June 2016, 17:15   #10239
BHPian

what should I look out for in a 35k done Titanium TDCi ecosport(manufactured in Feb 2014)? I'm getting a good deal from my car dealer. Apart from tyre wear and tear , I couldn't find anything wrong mechanically. Typical diesel clatter, car pulls cleanly, brakes are good. AC/(compressor?) cuts off when accelerator is floored , should I worry about this?

What sort of parts require general overhauling at this age of the car? Any help would gladly be appreciated please. Should I be worrying about timing belts? air filter? What fluids require changing?

Last edited by createrkid : 26th June 2016 at 17:18.
Old 26th June 2016, 20:33   #10240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
what should I look out for in a 35k done Titanium TDCi ecosport(manufactured in Feb 2014)? I'm getting a good deal from my car dealer. Apart from tyre wear and tear , I couldn't find anything wrong mechanically. Typical diesel clatter, car pulls cleanly, brakes are good. AC/(compressor?) cuts off when accelerator is floored , should I worry about this?

What sort of parts require general overhauling at this age of the car? Any help would gladly be appreciated please. Should I be worrying about timing belts? air filter? What fluids require changing?
There haven't been any persistent major issues reported with the tdci atleast on team bhp. Please check if the car is on the extended warranty. It will help you in case something major crops up later.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 12:09   #10241
Senior - BHPian

I believe the resale value on Ecosport used to be really great. Curious on what's being quoted now, after the massive price reductions! Whats the quote on 2014 model? Thanks in advance.

Get it checked throughly at authorised workshops if you have any doubts. Sometimes they dont even charge you for it. Even otherwise, better to spend 500 now than end up with fat bills later.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:54   #10242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I believe the resale value on Ecosport used to be really great. Curious on what's being quoted now, after the massive price reductions! Whats the quote on 2014 model? Thanks in advance.
8.5 to 9 lacs is what I see on Cartrade for Titanium Diesel in Bangalore. I guess it wouldn't be too far away.
Old 27th June 2016, 18:13   #10243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have been aching to change my Ecosport's headlight setup to HID/Projectors for quite a while.
At Galaxy Accessories, Palarivattom I was shown something called a mini projector H4 setup which could be installed directly into the existing bulb socket and it just required the addition of the ballasts. Just a 10 minute job.
Now that a few months have gone by, would you kindly update us on the performance of these projectors? Are they still working well? Is the light throw wide or at least wider than stock halogens? By wide, I mean if it illuminates the sides of the road as well and not just directly in front of the car. What is the improvement over standard halogens in light output? Would you estimate it to be double or treble than before or less?Thank you for sharing the details of such an interesting product.
Old 27th June 2016, 19:53   #10244
BHPian

Folks,

This side of 10 lac(OTR, Thane), Ecosport is one drool-worthy car.
I'm tempted towards the Trend+ variant which is pretty well kitted & has safety features (ABS, EBD, Airbags)

Need your inputs on how well the 15" tyres on Trend+ ride vis-a-vis the 16" alloys on Titanium.
Old 27th June 2016, 21:42   #10245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
There haven't been any persistent major issues reported with the tdci atleast on team bhp. Please check if the car is on the extended warranty. It will help you in case something major crops up later.
Thanks for your reply. I read your earlier post that your ecosport has crossed 60k? Can I ask if you had the diesel or petrol? How is it holding up now, what's the current ODO reading at? Did you face anything else apart from regular servicing(oil change etc)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks