Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2016, 13:35   #10171
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Its an easy fix. Get a pin that you use to attach cheques or bank slips. Insert that into the nozzle that's squirting water above the windscreen and gently move it downwards. Had done it on my old Honda City Vtec and has worked.

Cheers,
Raj
Thanks, Raj!
I know this trick. I'm surprised Ford opted to change the nozzle under warranty and when the problem persisted, they said this is the best they can do. It got me wondering whether the pin trick would work or not!
Old 12th June 2016, 15:12   #10172

Thanks wilful, Desmosedici, rajeev k for your inputs.

Ford has the Art leather seat covers so I believe that should be anyway approved for airbags. I take it that nobody has complaint about the seat comfort it could be because of the run down test drive vehicle. Ford i think has the blank art leather cover as accessories which are fitted on other trims so i believe those should be approved to use with airbags anyway?
Old 12th June 2016, 22:57   #10173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Thanks wilful, Desmosedici, rajeev k for your inputs.

Ford has the Art leather seat covers so I believe that should be anyway approved for airbags. I take it that nobody has complaint about the seat comfort it could be because of the run down test drive vehicle. Ford i think has the blank art leather cover as accessories which are fitted on other trims so i believe those should be approved to use with airbags anyway?
I got my new Titanium+ Ecosport this week and traveled over 500Kms over two days. I do find the seats a bit stiff compared to my earlier cars, Swift, Baleno and City.

My car comes with leather seats from Ford and the dealer insisted on not modifying the seats for a bit of comfort.

Maybe I need to get used to these seats for a bit.
Old 12th June 2016, 23:46   #10174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I got my new Titanium+ Ecosport this week and traveled over 500Kms over two days. I do find the seats a bit stiff compared to my earlier cars, Swift, Baleno and City.

My car comes with leather seats from Ford and the dealer insisted on not modifying the seats for a bit of comfort.

Maybe I need to get used to these seats for a bit.
As far as I know stiff seats are better for long journeys. I have travelled more than 1000 kms in a day in my EcoSport without any backpain where as travelling more than 200 km in my Chevrolet beat was problematic.
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 07:37   #10175
BHPian

I have a black ecosport. Want to buy a good quality car cover under 3k. I was thinking about buying Dupont tyvek covers. Has anybody here tried it on the ecosport? Please advise. My requirement is waterproof and sun protection
Old 13th June 2016, 11:18   #10176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have a 3.6k run Ecoboost. Never faced any such issues till date nor have observed such behavior from other Ecoboost owners on the forum. Low end grunt is less no doubt however it isn't that bad that you mash the A pedal and the car doesn't move forward. Think you should get this sorted with Ford.
Maybe it's a clutch issue then. There is a slight shudder while starting off in first gear as well. I will get it checked by Ford.

Thanks.
Old 13th June 2016, 11:45   #10177
BHPian

Hello, my friend is interested in getting the Ecosport Diesel, Titanium.
My dad currently owns a Ecosport pre-facelift. The issues I found with that car are

1. A Hard clutch
2. Play on the brake pedal
3. Horrible headlamps.
4. Mileage - doesn't cross 15 kmpl even on highways.

Any idea whether they above issues have been solved in the facelifted car?
Old 13th June 2016, 13:06   #10178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
My dad currently owns a Ecosport pre-facelift. The issues I found with that car are

1. A Hard clutch
3. Horrible headlamps.

I just got the Ecosport Diesel last week. My observations after driving for 500Kms.
1. I found the clutch to be soft comparable with my earlier cars which were petrol, I did not find any hardness in it.
2. No play in the brake pedal as well.
3. Headlamps are pathetic, definitely requires an upgrade.
4. I got an average of 19.8KMPL(MID info) over 150Kms between Bangalore and Mysore with 5 adults and a bootful of luggage. This was right after taking delivery and on a new engine which had done less than 100Kms. Now the avg stands at 18.4KMPL(MID info) after driving 500Kms with around 350Kms of highway driving and rest in city traffic. I kept the speeds between 80 to 100Kmph
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 13:16   #10179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. A Hard clutch
3. Horrible headlamps.

I get 14kmpl on the Ecoboost on the highway and my car has just run 3.6k kms and no oil change yet. You should definitely get more on the diesel.

And yes, the headlights are the worst. Form over function apparently.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:29   #10180
BHPian

Quote:

3. Horrible headlamps.
I upgraded the headlamp bulbs from stock to Philips Xtreme vision 130.
The difference isn't satisfactory. Cannot make out noticeable change.
I have a pre-facelift model. Now thinking if I should go for projector headlamps. Warranty and reliability are big worries in doing so.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 15:51   #10181
BHPian

I need to keep my ecosport in open without using it for quiet some time. I am thinking of buying a car body cover with antenna pocket for it.
Can somebody please suggest a good buy.
Old 15th June 2016, 17:45   #10182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I need to keep my ecosport in open without using it for quiet some time. I am thinking of buying a car body cover with antenna pocket for it.
You can remove the antenna, keep it in the boot and use a normal cover which you get from the dealer.
Old 16th June 2016, 01:30   #10183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
The body cover available from Ford has a built in antenna pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I upgraded the headlamp bulbs from stock to Philips Xtreme vision 130.
The difference isn't satisfactory. Cannot make out noticeable change.
I have a pre-facelift model. Now thinking if I should go for projector headlamps. Warranty and reliability are big worries in doing so.
Eagle eye plug and play projectors are good .
No issues with warranty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
You can remove the antenna, keep it in the boot and use a normal cover which you get from the dealer.
Old 16th June 2016, 10:30   #10184
BHPian

Is there any discount going on for TDCi Ecosport in Bangalore from any dealer? Whats the on-road price for Titanium+ ? Is it VFM over Titanium ?
Old 16th June 2016, 12:55   #10185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any discount going on for TDCi Ecosport in Bangalore from any dealer? Whats the on-road price for Titanium+ ? Is it VFM over Titanium ?
Titanium plus on road cost in Bangalore is 12.11L according to the dealer pricelist.
This includes 7.5K handling charges, essential kit and 3rd year extended warranty. Most dealers will throw in the essential kit worth 4.5K for free. Write to Ford India for waiving off the handling charges, I did not pay the handling charges after my dealer(Cauvery Ford) saw the email I had written to Ford India on Handling charges. That's a saving of 7.5K.
Also stick to buying Insurance on your own, I bought my insurance from Bharti Axa for 34.5K for 11L IDV with zero depreciation, while the dealer will quote 39.5K for the same for 9L IDV.
With all this the on road price will come a bit less than 12L.

Metro Ford was offering 5K cash discount for the Ecosport. You can check with them as well.

Titanium Plus comes with 6 airbags, leather seats, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers and few more features, it is definitely worth the extra you are paying over titanium.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks