Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 21:51   #9421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Guys, I noticed something. There is a noticeable colour difference between the body,bumper and the OVRM's. Have a look:
This should be normal. The bumper and Mirror being plastic, slight variation from metal body is normal. Darker the shade more evident the difference is.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:29   #9422

Hi Samfromindia,
Many Thanks for your reply !!.. sorry couldn't get back to you earlier as the weekend was quite hectic..:(
It definitely makes sense that the ROM size may not be sufficient enough in the old (2013-14) ecosport sync systems and hence cannot be upgraded to accommodate applink feaures.. Having said that, what confuses me is the news from ford global that they would be upgrading 3.4million ford cars with Sync feature since 2011 to the latest Sync system with Applink by just rolling out a firmware upgrade.
Please see one of the many links all over the internet regarding this news " http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1261...hicles-in-2014 " (hope I am allowed to paste external links here ..)
If that's the scenario isn't it conflicting our theory of "lack of hardware support" ? Does that mean Ford Ecosport launched in 2013-14 for India was introduced with inferior SYNC hardware than Ford cars launched across the globe since 2011? It would be great if we could get some concrete info on this.. and we are talking about just Applink upgrade and Ford India is already talking about Ford Touch 4" color screens in their upcoming 2016 ecosport facelift !!!!! Hope by the time we clarify the applink upgrade issue, we will be ready for the next part " How do we upgrade the old SYNC system to the new Ford SYNC touch color ?!!! "
Really hope that will be possible.. ( just like how ford offered DRLs as extras to be fitted on 2013-14 models ) Wont it be really nice to keep getting in these little features that will only keep us hooked to our beloved ecosports?

Now the GLove Box,- Have checked this in all possible ways, turned the vent on / off, in all kinds of air circulation modes available, tinkered with hose connecting the vent after removing the glove box(Checked this while replacing one of the fuses which blew off). Even the service guys were quite sure that this feature does not work on other ecosports and they are quite clueless on how ford claims that this is a cooled glovebox.. Does your Coke cans really feel the Chill in the glove box??What could I be missing here?

Note from Support: Not more than two smilies allowed per post. Please go through the rules before proceeding.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th October 2015 at 16:47. Reason: Note inline
Old 5th October 2015, 22:09   #9423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankar999 View Post
Hi Samfromindia,
Many Thanks for your reply !!.. sorry couldn't get back to you earlier as the weekend was quite hectic..:(
I was referring to this post: #8616
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-575.html
The Sync version in ES is very basic compared to the ones they have on cars sold internationally. That being said, if you have decent amount of cash to spare, you can always go for aftermarket options like this one:

A popular accessory shop in my city quoted me around 70k for this Caska unit. Maybe it's cheaper now. Coming to the glovebox, i never tested with cans, but it sure keeps my chocolates cool. I normally turn the cooling off when not using it. Maybe other owners can shed some light here.
Old 6th October 2015, 08:53   #9424
Senior - BHPian

I was on a trip with Trail Blazers (The EcoSport club here) this weekend to BR hills, KA and the following pics are from that ride. I went with a friend of mine who owns a Silver Diesel Titanium. No, not the one that's jumping below.

There were 17 EcoSports in total. The convoy was a sight to behold.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151003wa0002.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151005wa0005.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151002wa0020.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151003wa0006.jpg

An EcoSport airborne
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151005wa0019.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151005wa0020.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20151005wa0018.jpg

Looks like the co passenger forgot to belt up. Please excuse the pic size as it was shared by my friend on WhatsApp.
deetjohn is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 09:47   #9425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
An EcoSport airborne
Did anyone check what happened to the front suspension/sump after the landing?
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 10:37   #9426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Guess the sump is fine. That EcoSport was driving okay after the jump. But I have no idea about the suspension or the mounts. Personally, I hate doing that to any car unless its prepped for that.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:16   #9427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Quote:
But I have no idea about the suspension or the mounts. Personally, I hate doing that to any car unless its prepped for that.
Fully agree - the operative word here is car. Setting aside what these CUVs look like or are marketed as, we must never forget their car underpinnings. We should treat them same as we would do a sedan; and not get adventurous like we would with a body on frame vehicle.

Suspension, mounts, apron - all things that can take a beating in cases like this. One only hopes the mud/grass offered some 'give' to absorb the impact. Although, given the compression on the front suspension, I wouldn't think so.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:34   #9428
Team-BHP Support

Stiff suspension of the Ecosport and very very short travel springs would have been a very uncomfortable landing for the passengers and the vehicle. The Ecosport hits the bumpstop on regular speed breakers. This would have transferred shock forces straight to the mounts and frame.

You can do that on a Duster not on an Ecosport without risking damage.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:13   #9429
Senior - BHPian

It pains to see what some owners put their cars through. Ecosport is a crossover. Not an SUV. You can't do this even in a Pajero or LC without doing some sort of damage to some component. If this usage is prime concern, then one should get a Gypsy or Thar. No multi-crore SUV can beat his duo on off-road front ( except of course, the rally-prepared Pajero type cars we used to see on Paris-Dakar runs with long travel suspension). As for Ecosport, one should enjoy the good looks and 200 mm clearance which clears bumps and potholes with ease, as compared to a hatch or sedan. Most CUV/SUV owners buy these type of cars with a view to clearing bumps and potholes on our screwed up roads with ease.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 14:11   #9430
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics!

Quote:
An EcoSport airborne
Attachment 1423480
Attachment 1423481
Attachment 1423482

Looks like the co passenger forgot to belt up. Please excuse the pic size as it was shared by my friend on WhatsApp.
If cars could cry I'm sure this Ecosport would have let out an agonized howl.
wilful is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 14:26   #9431
BHPian

I travelled to zanskar valley last week in my ecosport diesel and I am all gaga about the overall performance of the car. It never scraped the underbelly for the full 500 kms kargil- padum- kargil manourve, even though the dirt track was literally an abuse to the car. Sharp rocks jutting from the middle of the track leaves you with little option either to save the tyre or engine sump, but the ecosport came out with flying colours whether it was performance, comfort, reliability. Special mention must be made about the interiors which i was sceptical about quality initially, but after doing the leh circuit last year and zanskar this year, the interiors are still rattle free and silent. Engine also feels like new although i have driven it 15 hours at a stretch continously on numerous instances. Kudos Ford for building such a high quality product. At last I am really getting Ford Fanatic. Some pics for your eyes to feat on-
Dr.Abhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 15:16   #9432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I travelled to zanskar valley last week in my ecosport diesel and I am all gaga about the overall performance of the car. It never scraped the underbelly for the full 500 kms kargil- padum- kargil manourve, even though the dirt track was literally an abuse to the car. Sharp rocks jutting from the middle of the track leaves you with little option either to save the tyre or engine sump, but the ecosport came out with flying colours whether it was performance, comfort, reliability. Special mention must be made about the interiors which i was sceptical about quality initially, but after doing the leh circuit last year and zanskar this year, the interiors are still rattle free and silent. Engine also feels like new although i have driven it 15 hours at a stretch continously on numerous instances. Kudos Ford for building such a high quality product. At last I am really getting Ford Fanatic. Some pics for your eyes to feat on-
Great to read about the sterling performance of your Ecosport. Always good to get a positive review on one's (my) own ride.
Was there some glitch in uploading those pics you mentioned - or will you be putting them up later?
Old 6th October 2015, 23:01   #9433
BHPian

New ecosport getting launched within the next few days, I guess before diwali. Exciting times ahead

Quite a few features added.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49245610.cms
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 23:35   #9434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Great to read about the sterling performance of your Ecosport. Always good to get a positive review on one's (my) own ride.
Was there some glitch in uploading those pics you mentioned - or will you be putting them up later?
I am not able to close the attachment management window after uploading the pics. alas. but I am still trying.
Old 7th October 2015, 10:01   #9435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
New ecosport getting launched within the next few days, I guess before diwali. Exciting times ahead

Quite a few features added.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49245610.cms
100 PS power in addition to features like signature light guide, daytime running lights and fog lamps, electro-chromic mirror and rain-sensing wipers. Good move by Ford. Looks like there ain't going to be any changes to exterior except for Bronze colour.

While I am not much interested with Light guide or DRL, 100PS is something encouraging. Would want to know if it is possible to mod current ecosport to generate same power figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks