Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 01:21   #9556
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Yea its here as well. It's 16444 ecosport vehicles.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/ford-ecosport-16444-units-recall-202823
Old 15th November 2015, 17:02   #9557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Pls post your write up asap. Also please tell me that pick up of AT is not bad and that suspension is not too stiff over broken roads. I'm taken aback by most users complaining about stiff suspension. I think unless you are a corner-craving rally-boy or a speed fiend dwelling on 150-160 kph territory, stiff suspension does not make any sense. Most inner-city roads are broken and people are forced to take these stretches at 10 to 25 kph and if a car has a stiff suspension it will rise and fall with every undulation on road, passing the shocks to occupants. Not at all desirable in a daily-drive car. I think this is one area where Hyundai cars shine. They have very soft suspension and hence people hardly feel a thing on bad stretches. Even most Maruti models have stiff suspension. A-Star has a back-breaking stiff suspension. Ditto, Swift. These guys need to keep our inner roads in mind while designing cars.
The suspension in the ecosport is stiff. I drive a pre-facelift 1.5MT. What I felt was that if the roads are moderately broken it does not affect the ecosport too much but passengers will definitely be jolted if you hit speedbreakers at more than optimum speeds. That said the suspension is just a boon on highways, I just drove from Trivandrum to Surat two days back. The car gives you a lot of confidence on highways and you can actually see the maruti's and hyundai's in front of you swinging up and down while the ecosport remains stable.

TLDR: Go for it if you dont mind slowing down for bad roads, its a great car.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:49   #9558
BHPian

As an existing owner of Ford, i visited the ford dealer along with few friends to check on the new Ecosport. It definitely looks tall and rock solid but the prices are quite shocking! The Titanium version sells at 11.6L with 24K discount from the dealer. Quite disappointed for a sub 4m vehichle and we left to Nexa showroom to look on the new Baleno and took TD of it and while interacting with sales executive, he requested to try the new S-Cross(Zeta) and the quote given to us came as shocking @11.5L with around 40K discount.!!

Both has nearly the same set of equipment's and features but S-Cross offers more space(Interior & Boot) and better ride quality. On the whole we felt that the S-cross definitely is more VFM compared to Eco-Sport!

Below are the price quotes for Ecosport and the S-Cross!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image2.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image1.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th November 2015 at 23:53. Reason: Image inserted in-line
Johnnny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:31   #9559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
As an existing owner of Ford, i visited the ford dealer along with few friends to check on the new Ecosport. It definitely looks tall and rock solid but the prices are quite shocking! The Titanium version sells at 11.6L with 24K discount from the dealer. Quite disappointed for a sub 4m vehichle and we left to Nexa showroom to look on the new Baleno and took TD of it and while interacting with sales executive, he requested to try the new S-Cross(Zeta) and the quote given to us came as shocking @11.5L with around 40K discount.!!

Both has nearly the same set of equipment's and features but S-Cross offers more space(Interior & Boot) and better ride quality. On the whole we felt that the S-cross definitely is more VFM compared to Eco-Sport!

Below are the price quotes for Ecosport and the S-Cross!
Both cater to two different taste. While S-Cross has more space and better ride quality, Ecosport offers better engine, More Ground Clearance, better build and looks more contemporary. For a family of 3-4 practically the extra space is not going to be used 95% of the time.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 16:47   #9560
BHPian

Got a set of 22" and 16" Bosch wiper blades for Rs. 330 and they seem to be working great and covering a wide area as compared to the factory provided one. Ford service center was giving me some local brand for Rs. 800/- . Hopefully if they last more than 6 months, I believe it is a much better option to get this rather than spend 2500 on Hella ones which will at the maximum last an year.

Will let others know how they span out.
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 11:48   #9561
BANNED

Ford EcoSport TDCI clutch issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Guys need a help on my ecosport TCDi 2014. Its has done 14K kms but since 10K I've been experiencing a slight clutch slip or judder when I run in bumper to bumper traffic for long. It is absolutely smooth in normal traffic.

I've showed it to Ford ASS but they've just bled the clutch and said it looks fine. Its actually very difficult to replicate as it only comes in prolonged bumper to bumper runs.

Anyone else faced such an issue ? The clutch also becomes heavier in traffic is this normal ?

My car will complete an year in dec so wanted to get this checked before that.

Thanks
AKhilesh
Raised a concern with ford for this clutch judder and they directed me to Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. These guys were again giving the same crap that there's no problem and they'll bleed the clutch. I insisted on opening the clutch and checking it. This is how the clutch looked post opening

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151119_104407.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151119_104417.jpg

They say that it needs replacement as it show signs of jerking.. I was like this is what I've been telling you from last 4 visits . Then they start giving me the crap that this is because of driving style and not covered under warranty. I blasted at them , I said I've been driving from last 15 years and this is clearly their product fault and negligence. Jerking is a clear sign of flywheel issue ( going my past experience with my wagon-r ).

Just to add that my car has done 17k on the odo and I've been facing this issue since 10K kms. My car will complete an year in dec'15

These guys are yet to comeback to me. What is your take guys what should I do ?

Last edited by akhilesh : 19th November 2015 at 12:05.
akhilesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 12:01   #9562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Raised a concern with ford for this clutch judder and they directed me to Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. These guys were again giving the same crap that there's no problem and they'll bleed the clutch. I insisted on opening the clutch and checking it. This is how the clutch looked post opening

Attachment 1441285
Attachment 1441286

They say that it needs replacement as it show signs of jerking.. I was like this is what I've been telling you from last 4 visits . Then they start giving me the crap that this is because of driving style and not covered under warranty. I blasted at them , I said I've been driving from last 15 years and this is clearly their product fault and negligence. Jerking is a clear sign of flywheel issue ( going my past experience with my wagon-r ).

Just to add that my car has done 17k on the odo and I've been facing this issue since 10K kms. My car will complete an year in dec'15

These guys are yet to comeback to me. What is your take guys what should I do ?
Shootout a mail to ford Customer care and also ensure to call them. Clutch replacement at 17K is not likely. I believe this should get covered under warranty.
Old 19th November 2015, 19:37   #9563
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Shootout a mail to ford Customer care and also ensure to call them. Clutch replacement at 17K is not likely. I believe this should get covered under warranty.
warranty denied an a quote of 13K is given :(

They've included clutch slave cylinder too in the quote and this is the possible culprit. I argued if slave cylinder is the cause and it is cover under warranty then why are you charging for it then they said if cylinder alone is the problem then it can be covered. After talking to FORD they offered 50% off on labour and 5% on parts as the best offer.

I called customer care and they were very rude and repeated the same thing that dealership said.

Guys any emails for higher-ups in ford ? I found Anurag Mehrotra is the service head for ford india any email ?

Name:  11192015 42149 PM.png
Views: 3258
Size:  21.7 KB
Old 20th November 2015, 12:49   #9564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Got a set of 22" and 16" Bosch wiper blades for Rs. 330 and they seem to be working great and covering a wide area as compared to the factory provided one. Ford service center was giving me some local brand for Rs. 800/- . Hopefully if they last more than 6 months, I believe it is a much better option to get this rather than spend 2500 on Hella ones which will at the maximum last an year.

Will let others know how they span out.
Congrats on the new Wiper Blades, will love to hear more on how they serve you in the long run.
The stock ones are from some local brand called "Motorcraft"

Btw : Where did you check the prices for Hella Wipers, I am currently using Hella Dyna Edge Wipers, a pair cost (16", 22") me less than Rs. 900, still cheaper than the ones offered by the company.
Old 20th November 2015, 13:10   #9565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Congrats on the new Wiper Blades, will love to hear more on how they serve you in the long run.
The stock ones are from some local brand called "Motorcraft"

Btw : Where did you check the prices for Hella Wipers, I am currently using Hella Dyna Edge Wipers, a pair cost (16", 22") me less than Rs. 900, still cheaper than the ones offered by the company.
Thanks! Will let you know once I have used it over a period of more than 3 months. Right now they are working great here in Bangalore as they should being brand new(it has been raining whole last week here).

Regarding Hella Dyna Edge, I googled it and found options on paytm, flipkart and few other automotive websites but all of them had them listed around 1800 to 2350. I saw a few places where they had listed them as Hella Dyna Edge retailing for around 1000 but it was just Hella and not Dyna Edge. Could you please share where you bought these and if you feel they are authentic?
Anand2712 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:15   #9566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Thanks! Will let you know once I have used it over a period of more than 3 months. Right now they are working great here in Bangalore as they should being brand new(it has been raining whole last week here).

Regarding Hella Dyna Edge, I googled it and found options on paytm, flipkart and few other automotive websites but all of them had them listed around 1800 to 2350. I saw a few places where they had listed them as Hella Dyna Edge retailing for around 1000 but it was just Hella and not Dyna Edge. Could you please share where you bought these and if you feel they are authentic?
I used to buy them from http://automotivesoul.com/. But now apparently the web is now down under maintenance.

Those are 100% genuine, once I had a defective product which bought online and I could easily get them replaced through their reseller in Cochin. If I am not wrong, it was around 445 for the 16" and 500 for the 22". I have been using them for about close to an year now.

The Website is actually run by a Hella Authorised Retailer M/s Chawla Auto Sales, New Delhi. And I was also able to learn that the wholesale price is around the same.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:49   #9567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The stock ones are from some local brand called "Motorcraft".
Ford's has a brand for automotive parts, and that is Motorcraft. In that sense, Motorcraft is an OEM supplier to Ford, just that they also happen to be owned by Ford. They provide a ton of stuff that goes into our Ford cars, including - you guessed it - the wiper blades. Motorcraft also have frameless wiper blades that come on the 2011/2014 Fiesta, as seen in this picture. Until now, I've never thought of asking the Ford ASC to provide these wipers, and I fear they'll be priced high.

Another term you'll often see on parts within our cars is 'FoMoCo' - this is a shortening of Ford Motor Company.

Quote:
I used to buy them from http://automotivesoul.com/. But now apparently the web is now down under maintenance.
The Automotive Soul website is notorious for it being unavailable reasonably often (I'm spoilt by Amazon and Flipkart's 24x7 availability ). But fortunately, when its up and running, it works fine and there are no problems.

Last edited by arunphilip : 20th November 2015 at 14:03.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:52   #9568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ford's has a brand for automotive parts, and that is Motorcraft. In that sense, Motorcraft is an OEM supplier to Ford, just that they also happen to be owned by Ford. They provide a ton of stuff that goes into our Ford cars, including - you guessed it - the wiper blades. Motorcraft also have frameless wiper blades that come on the 2011/2014 Fiesta, as seen in this picture. Until now, I've never thought of asking the Ford ASC to provide these wipers, and I fear they'll be priced high.

Another term you'll often see on parts within our cars is 'FoMoCo' - this is a shortening of Ford Motor Company.
This is news to me. I never knew about Ford Owning this OEM.

Yes they are pricey compared to Hella. the stock 16" wiper comes at around Rs. 800 per blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The Automotive Soul website is notorious for it being unavailable reasonably often (I'm spoilt by Amazon and Flipkart's 24x7 availability ). But fortunately, when its up and running, it works fine and there are no problems.
It has been quite some time since I have logged on to the page, I just tried now to respond to Anand2712's post. Hope they are getting some upgrade, better looking, easy to use web page.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:58   #9569
BHPian

****************************** So just want to post a funny/stupid incident. I am a newbie ecosport owner and last evening while I switched on my car in the night. I notice the entertainment system is switched off. No lights nothing, the screen is showing just the time. I try all the buttons, nothing happens. I look at the fuse box( just stare it). I open the bonnet and check the batteries. I get back in feeling awful drive around hoping it comes back, I want my music . While contemplating my next step I start fiddling with the volume button, voila everything is back. That's when I learnt how to switch off/on the entertainment system
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 10:39   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
****************************** While contemplating my next step I start fiddling with the volume button, voila everything is back. That's when I learnt how to switch off/on the entertainment system
Ha ha. Nice one. I can relate to this. It took me about a week to realize that I can switch on/off the music system. Before that I was reducing the volume to zero when I didn't want the music.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks