Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 00:32   #9646

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarNut View Post
I suggest in city traffic one should turn off traction control it is a safety feature which wont be necessary in crawling traffic unlike highways.
Is this a generally recommended practice among Bhpians? Also, I am curious how do we turn it off?
Old 18th December 2015, 00:56   #9647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post
There ain't any ecoboost owners in my circle of friends/relatives, so I am always curious - How much is its fuel efficiency? Does its drivability in city significantly differ than the 1.5L petrol? Does the fact that it is turbo-charged make it more expensive to maintain as compared to a 1.5L petrol? Please pardon my ignorance of Ecoboost (or, in general, turbo-charged engines).
Real world efficiency of ecoboost would be better than the 1.5. When It comes to city driveability the ecoboost engine suffers a bit due to the turbo lag.For a better idea I suggest you read the ownership report by arunphilip.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 00:59   #9648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Guys I just sold my vw vento and will like an ecosport as replacement. My dilemma is to go for an ecoboost or an at? Driving a geared car is a pain in NCR now but ecoboost doesn't come in AT. Pls help me decide. Budget approx 10lacs.
Why dont you consider Figo Aspire top-of-the-line AT instead? A better package, punchier feeling engine as compared to Eco Sport. More compact to drive in city, it can probably smoke the Eco Sport on the highway anyday too. All in all a much better city dweller I'd say.
Old 18th December 2015, 07:34   #9649
BHPian

I only want an SUV or mini SUV hence aspire ruled out. Already test driven that and was elated but its got to be a 200 mm GC vehicle now .
Old 18th December 2015, 08:19   #9650
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a generally recommended practice among Bhpians? Also, I am curious how do we turn it off?
I wouldn't recommend it as it is pointless. TC or ESP wouldn't harm in traffic either so why bother taking it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Guys I just sold my vw vento and will like an ecosport as replacement. My dilemma is to go for an ecoboost or an at? Driving a geared car is a pain in NCR now but ecoboost doesn't come in AT. Pls help me decide. Budget approx 10lacs.
Get the AT. Its not as bad as many people make it to be. If you're a sedate driver or someone who drives in city for a majority of his usage, AT is a better bet.
Ecoboost has a heavy clutch, slightly stiff gearbox and turbo lag. Not something you want in traffic.
Doge is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 09:35   #9651
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Never turn off ESP and Traction Control if you have it in your car. These are essential safety features.
For example, just imaging you're making a tight turn on a loose surface like gravel, sand or slush.
The ESP and Traction control systems will kick in to the necessary extent to keep your car from skidding and of course stable at all times!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:04   #9652
Senior - BHPian

I've recently got the Ecosport AT and all i can say is that I can lay a wager that most naysayers have never driven or owned this car. The car is an absolute beauty to drive, the gear box is very slick, shifts seamlessly, the car is very well built and is amazing VFM. For about 10.xx OTR you get a DCT gearbox, ABS, EBD, Traction Control, six airbags, voice activated controls, all five alloy wheels etc.

go for it with your eyes closed. anyways petrol power is the way forward given the back lash against diesel.
himanshugoswami is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:56   #9653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I wouldn't recommend it as it is pointless. TC or ESP wouldn't harm in traffic either so why bother taking it out?

Get the AT. Its not as bad as many people make it to be. If you're a sedate driver or someone who drives in city for a majority of his usage, AT is a better bet.
Ecoboost has a heavy clutch, slightly stiff gearbox and turbo lag. Not something you want in traffic.
You have put it perfectly. I recently got the Ecoboost. Just driven a bit within the city. Heavy Clutch, Stiff Gearbox and Lag below 2k rpms and an overall stiff suspension on all the Ecosports.

Take it above 2k rpms and drive over undulated roads at decent speeds and you will then start smiling and appreciating it. Thats where it shines.
Old 18th December 2015, 13:40   #9654

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
please ensure your car is not impacted by flood damage in chennai.
Quote:
I've recently got the Ecosport AT and all i can say is that I can lay a wager that most naysayers have never driven or owned this car. The car is an absolute beauty to drive, the gear box is very slick, shifts seamlessly, the car is very well built and is amazing VFM. For about 10.xx OTR you get a DCT gearbox, ABS, EBD, Traction Control, six airbags, voice activated controls, all five alloy wheels etc.

go for it with your eyes closed. anyways petrol power is the way forward given the back lash against diesel.
Congratulations on buying the Ecosport AT

Curious how did you check your car for flood damage?
Old 18th December 2015, 14:22   #9655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on buying the Ecosport AT

Curious how did you check your car for flood damage?
thanks

My car was billed and loaded on the truck on 29th Nov. That was before the floods. Also, given the contact i have in Ford, the dealer would need to be suicidal to palm off a defective car to me
Old 18th December 2015, 15:08   #9656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
You have put it perfectly. I recently got the Ecoboost. Just driven a bit within the city. Heavy Clutch, Stiff Gearbox and Lag below 2k rpms and an overall stiff suspension on all the Ecosports.

Take it above 2k rpms and drive over undulated roads at decent speeds and you will then start smiling and appreciating it. Thats where it shines.
Let me add to this: Take it on an interstate highway and floor the accelerator, (with due concern for speed limit & safety.) Then, try wiping that huge grin off your face.

While I agree with you on the gearbox, I find that the only people who complain about the clutch are those who drive Marutis/Hyundais. Ford & Euro car drivers don't seem to mind.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 16:14   #9657
BHPian

Agree absolutely with Hemant.kamat on behaviour of Ecosport, especially Ecoboost engine variant.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 17:40   #9658
BHPian

Quote:

What about the fuel efficiency now? Would it be much lower when compared with that of premium hatchbacks?

I have Ford Ecosport AT as an option as I am planning to have an AT car for the use of my wife, others being Honda Jazz CVT,Suzuki Baleno CVT & TUV300 AMT. Ecosport is an aspirational choice as well as on the safety point of view.
Old 19th December 2015, 17:53   #9659
BHPian

For the past two months i have been in a liquid state of mind, regarding the choice between Ecosport and Creta, but today something surprising happened, i had been continually asking about the kerb weight of Creta, fro m wherever i could, but was unable to get a satisfactory reply.

Today i went to a Hyundai showroom, where I was able to find a link with the GM, asked the same question regarding the weight of Creta, brochures etc were searched, no result found, I suggested him to look in the data they submit to the RTA, for registration of the vehicles, and to my utter surprise, the value of the unlaiden weight, which is equal to the kerb weight, of the top spec SXO, 6 airbags model, with all the bells and whistles, was 1108kg, I asked them to recheck, the person got it written on a slip, from the staff dealing with the registration of the new vehicles, unlaiden weight- 1108kg and Gross weight of around 1500kg. Now the lower models sx and sx+ must be less then 1100kg. That makes it lighter than the Punto, Polo, and quite close to the new swift which is 1050kg, older swift was 1065kg. Just look at the size of the vehicle, and the weight is even less than hatchbacks.
All this has tilted me more in the favour of Ecosport.
gsratta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 19:44   #9660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
For the past two months i have been in a liquid state of mind, regarding the choice between Ecosport and Creta, but today something surprising happened, i had been continually asking about the kerb weight of Creta, fro m wherever i could, but was unable to get a satisfactory reply.

Today i went to a Hyundai showroom, where I was able to find a link with the GM, asked the same question regarding the weight of Creta, brochures etc were searched, no result found, I suggested him to look in the data they submit to the RTA, for registration of the vehicles, and to my utter surprise, the value of the unlaiden weight, which is equal to the kerb weight, of the top spec SXO, 6 airbags model, with all the bells and whistles, was 1108kg, I asked them to recheck, the person got it written on a slip, from the staff dealing with the registration of the new vehicles, unlaiden weight- 1108kg and Gross weight of around 1500kg. Now the lower models sx and sx+ must be less then 1100kg. That makes it lighter than the Punto, Polo, and quite close to the new swift which is 1050kg, older swift was 1065kg. Just look at the size of the vehicle, and the weight is even less than hatchbacks.
All this has tilted me more in the favour of Ecosport.
I would suggest to not dump the creta out because of this. Sure, the ecosport has a more solid build but no way the creta was tinny in that Asian way. It is actually a pretty solid car in isolation.
Six airbags thought might tilt it in the favour of ecosport though. That was one of the reasons I had to drop it out of my list (petrol ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks