Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 12:55   #9616

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi folks,

Having a strange observation following my first service on the Ecosport diesel (2500 KMs). Though the car has become more free revving, less clutch pulsation, the performance / pickup seems to have reduced and requires higher RPM's / effort to achieve the same results on the acceleration. The braking too has got softer than the original settings. Maybe it is that the car is getting older (now at 3700 KMs) and usual transformation. Just wanted to hear feedback from the members who has a similar feedback / experience with their new Ecosport Diesels. Is it the ECU tuning change perhaps?

PS: What is the optimal Tyre pressure to have the best ride on the Ecosport? I have the stock MRF's and road vibration creeping in on the pedals.

Cheers, Arup
Old 8th December 2015, 16:35   #9617
BHPian

Ford Top Management e-mail id

Hi,

I want to contact Ford Top management for something very urgent, when customer service is just handling it in a very indifferent manner.

Please share avenues where I can connect to the MD etc. Do they respond?

I am clueless. Thanks.
Old 8th December 2015, 23:41   #9618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arupc76 View Post
Hi folks,

Having a strange observation following my first service on the Ecosport diesel (2500 KMs). Though the car has become more free revving, less clutch pulsation, the performance / pickup seems to have reduced and requires higher RPM's / effort to achieve the same results on the acceleration. The braking too has got softer than the original settings. Maybe it is that the car is getting older (now at 3700 KMs) and usual transformation. Just wanted to hear feedback from the members who has a similar feedback / experience with their new Ecosport Diesels. Is it the ECU tuning change perhaps?

PS: What is the optimal Tyre pressure to have the best ride on the Ecosport? I have the stock MRF's and road vibration creeping in on the pedals.

Cheers, Arup
Ford recommends 30psi all around for normal load of two people with light luggage & 35psi front & 40psi rear for heavy load with 4/5 people and heavy luggage. Lower pressure may give u slightly better ride, but ES is having a stiff suspension so there is nothing much you can do about it.
In 2.5k service only basic checkup is done, so its unlikely the car got some mechanical tweaks. I didnt face anything like what you mentioned here. Mine is 20k now.
Old 9th December 2015, 12:50   #9619
BHPian

So I had written to Ford regarding my oil change concern and today I got a call from them stating that "They only recommend Semi-synthetic oil" and using "Synthetic oil will void my warranty. "

The other day I had contacted another dealer which was stocking Synthetic oil which he claimed to have received from Ford only. I reported the same to them and they said that it's not possible and they will check with tat very dealer why they are using Synthetic oil.

Team, what should I do in this case? Is it true that we cannot use pure synthetic in Ecosport? The reason that their customer care adviser gave me was that they have tested Ecosport only with Semi-Synthetic oil and not with Synthetic so they cannot recommend the latter. I am confused on what to do. The traffic conditions in my city and the kind of abuse my vehicle is going through seriously warrants the use of Synthetic oil. Please suggest me a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shreyak
Old 9th December 2015, 13:44   #9620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I am confused on what to do. The traffic conditions in my city and the kind of abuse my vehicle is going through seriously warrants the use of Synthetic oil. Please suggest me a solution to my problem.
Hi Shreyas IMO I think you should go for the semi synthetic oil, am sure there are tbhp members who use their ecopsort in similar traffic conditions, till now there have been no major complaints. Why give ford a chance to void the warranty. I suggest using the recommended oil but do regular check on the condition of the oil.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 10:19   #9621
BHPian

Hey guys, Thanks to our great community here, after much deliberation, I have finally decided to take the leap and buy the Ecosport. i am going for the AT version since this is the primary reason i need to switch from my Linea 1.3MJD that i have loved driving last 5 years. the traffic situation in Mumbai has been crazy past couple of years and i dont see this improving in absolutely anyway. So after trying almost all the AT versions of vehicles in my budget (the top bottom being the City), i find ES most suited for my needs despite of its short falls. After spending a lot of time on the forums, i have finally realized that 'Ek gaadi me sab kuch nai milta' where there is space, there is no GC and no drive-ability, where there is GC there is a no great drive-ability (AT) where there is a great AT drive experience there is no GC or space. wait... did i complete a circle already?

So finally ES it is. and now i need some help from our great team here in my buying process. A few queries below
1. I know the color is a personal choice but i am fixated between the new Golden Bronze and the Moondust Silver. not able to make a choice. any suggestion that will help in deciding esp from practical aspects.
2. In Mumbai, currently talking to SC Ford and Bhavna Ford. Any feedback/comment on both these dealerships. dont want them shutting down or acting up after i buy the car. how has the member experience been at their showrooms and service centers.
3. In the pricelist, there is item Depot Charges, that i am not sure why i should pay 6250K. Has everyone paid this.
4. 12K for a wheel cover and 15K for a reverse parking camera are really exaggerating... are there any options outside Ford. Are ES accessories easily available in the market. A few references for Mumbai would help.
5. Looking at a 3 year loan is Ford Finance (7.99%) better than a bank loan (10%) apart from the difference in EMI due to interest rate are there any other factors/risk etc.
6. Insurance of 48865/- is including Zero Dep of 9160. Is this correct.

Once again thank you guys for all the valuable information on this thread that has helped me finalise my decision.
cmayur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 10:40   #9622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Hey guys, Thanks to our great community here, after much deliberation, I have finally decided to take the leap and buy the Ecosport. i am going for the AT version since this is the primary reason i need to switch from my Linea 1.3MJD that i have loved driving last 5 years. the traffic situation in Mumbai has been crazy past couple of years and i dont see this improving in absolutely anyway. So after trying almost all the AT versions of vehicles in my budget (the top bottom being the City), i find ES most suited for my needs despite of its short falls. After spending a lot of time on the forums, i have finally realized that 'Ek gaadi me sab kuch nai milta' where there is space, there is no GC and no drive-ability, where there is GC there is a no great drive-ability (AT) where there is a great AT drive experience there is no GC or space. wait... did i complete a circle already?
Congratulations for the same.

Quote:
So finally ES it is. and now i need some help from our great team here in my buying process. A few queries below
1. I know the color is a personal choice but i am fixated between the new Golden Bronze and the Moondust Silver. not able to make a choice. any suggestion that will help in deciding esp from practical aspects.
Golden Bronze

Quote:
2. In Mumbai, currently talking to SC Ford and Bhavna Ford. Any feedback/comment on both these dealerships. dont want them shutting down or acting up after i buy the car. how has the member experience been at their showrooms and service centers.
No experience about them.
Quote:
3. In the pricelist, there is item Depot Charges, that i am not sure why i should pay 6250K. Has everyone paid this.
I think most of them have paid for this.

Quote:
4. 12K for a wheel cover and 15K for a reverse parking camera are really exaggerating... are there any options outside Ford. Are ES accessories easily available in the market. A few references for Mumbai would help.
You can skip wheel cover for now. Stick to reverse parking camera from Ford.

Quote:
5. Looking at a 3 year loan is Ford Finance (7.99%) better than a bank loan (10%) apart from the difference in EMI due to interest rate are there any other factors/risk etc.
Does Ford offer prepayment. If yes then Ford should be the choice.

Quote:
Did you try insurance from outside. It would cost you nearly 28K
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 12:04   #9623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Once again thank you guys for all the valuable information on this thread that has helped me finalise my decision.

congrats

was in the same boat as you in my need for an automatic with good GC and I too booked the Ecosoport earlier this week. delivery mid next week.

please ensure your car is not impacted by flood damage in chennai.

The insurance seems very high. try getting an independent quote from outside. it shouldnt be more than 25K. also I hope you have bargained fror discounts. being year end, you can get discounts upto 40K if you bargain hard.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 13:12   #9624
BHPian

@ himanshugoswami
the car is is dealer stock for both the vendors and is readily available. so the Chennai rain would not be a factor.
on the insurance part. will check outside on available quotes. About this-- will the claim process be tedious incase of an accident etc. will Ford SA act different.

@dpkbehera
Ford Finance do not have pre payment option. this is a fixed interest rate of 7.99% till the end of the tenure of the loan which in my case is 3 years. Compared to normal bank loan the saving they show come to 40K. this is the saving they are are talking about.

Also guys one of the dealer is offering a pre face lift ES where additionally he is waiving off the insurance and net savings close to a lac i.e. 40K(difference between bank and Ford finance) + 48K (current insurance)+ 18k (exchange bonus)+ 8k cash discount.
does it make sense to go for the pre facelift version, given that the changes are merely cosmetic (except the start stop button). would like some views on this as well as i am not very keen myself. the facelft will atleast ensure the ES is a Nov manufactured rather than a pre facelift which may be an earlier manufacturing.
Old 10th December 2015, 13:54   #9625
BHPian

Quote:
@ himanshugoswami
does it make sense to go for the pre facelift version, given that the changes are merely cosmetic (except the start stop button). would like some views on this as well as i am not very keen myself. the facelft will atleast ensure the ES is a Nov manufactured rather than a pre facelift which may be an earlier manufacturing.
Incase the prefacelift Titanium is substantially cheaper than the facelift Trend+, then i would recommend to go for prefacelift Titanium. But do not take prefacelift more than 3 months old.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 23:09   #9626
BHPian

Hi all, during the recent floods in chennai, my Ecosport (1.0L P Ecoboost) had a battery drain out issue due to water ingress upto carpet/ floorboard level. Battery drain out had caused all doors to open mode which i assume is a safety mechanism.
When i jump started the car after drying the carpet, i mistakenly pressed the engine (push button) without the keys inside and this caused the immobilizer to activate. Ford ASC has intimated that issue could be resolved only at ASC level and now i am looking at about 2 months lead time before any ASC would take up my car for repairs due to hundreds of ford vehicles breaking down/ flooded in chennai.
Any expert advice is resetting the onboard computer/ immobilizer module etc?
Look forward to some way out.
Old 13th December 2015, 06:55   #9627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Any expert advice on resetting the onboard computer/ immobilizer module etc?
Firstly I'm sorry to hear about the hassles you are facing due to recent floods.

I'm no expert in these sort of things but to my knowledge what you can try is resetting the immobilizer module by disconnecting battery terminal (negative) for 5 minutes and then reconnecting it. If this doesn't work, I'm afraid you have to tow the vehicle to your service provider for reprogramming.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 13th December 2015 at 06:59. Reason: Fixed spacing errors :)
Old 13th December 2015, 07:30   #9628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Golden Bronze and the Moondust Silver.

2. SC Ford and Bhavna Ford

5. Looking at a 3 year loan is Ford Finance (7.99%)

1. Silver is easier to maintain. scratches and dust will be less obvious

2. Don't know

3. You can negotiate but will probably end up paying this

4. Check ebay for the plethora of es accessories. Get only electrical stuff from Ford. Rest can be added aftermarket

5. This query should go in the insurance thread

6. Ford has 4-5 insurance providers that have manufacturer tie-up. In my experience Royal Sundaram has the best offers and prices. You should save at least 20k on bumper to bumper
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 14:44   #9629
BHPian

Quote:
A few queries below

Nice to find another ES owner here As for your queries:

#3: This is pretty common here, like someone said most of us end up paying this, you can try bargaining & get discounts/freebies.

#4: Its recommended to get electrical accessories from dealership as aftermarket installations may void your warranty. That being said please note that the accessories themselves come with one year warranty. One of my illuminated scuff plates doesn't glow properly after 13 months ! Stay away from the spare wheel cover or if you get insure it as it will break in case you are rear ended.

#5: Don't just compare interest rates alone, compare EMI per lakh. Interest rates can be simple, compound, daily reducing balance or monthly. Also take note of processing charges, prepayment penalties etc.

#6: Never do insurance from dealers. Its a easy way for them to make extra money. You can easily save over 50% sometimes here. Do the following:
Call up / Visit the Ford service centers around your place where you are likely to service your car. Ask which insurance companies do they support for cashless claims. Now get a quote from those companies either online or through your known agents. Also take note that most zero dep insurance supports 2 zero dep claims only, and we normally end up saving the last for big accidents where stakes are high. Some companies like HDFC offer 5 zero dep claims. I paid them 19.4k for IDV of 8.51L. So shop around !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 11:52   #9630
BHPian

Quote:
HDFC ERGO quotes ~ 15K (~ 20K with nil dep) for a comprehensive cover of 9L IDV. And they have cashless tie-ups with most Ford ASCs.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-quote.jpg  

hemant.kamat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks