Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 14:50   #9541

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Dear Arup,

I did show this to the service manager who looked puzzled and didn't have a definitive answer. He said nobody has pointed out this problem to him before. Like that means anything to the customer. He came out with a vague explanation that the pulsing is normal because its the clutch movement inside etc etc blah blah (when you cant convince them confuse them theorem).

I figured the best way was to depress the clutch on a few other ES cars and see if the problem replicates itself. They allowed me to try one car, while very polite yet making it seem that they were doing something really out of the way and against the other customers best interest. What can happen by depressing the clutch once to check it ?

Anyway the car i tested had the same pulsation albeit lesser pronounced than my car, but it was there. I will need to try this on 2-3 other cars if i find a chance. Will try it this weekend as i know another ES owner staying very close by. But it seems a little off that a car of this stature with its bells and whistles could have such anomalies.

Final word is, if it exists on all cars leave it alone since then its part of the mechanism. But if its a one off then putting up with it (you do get used to it after sometime and wont feel it) might mean some part is getting damaged or would conk soon.
Old 8th November 2015, 11:03   #9542
BHPian

Anyone has upgraded their stock headlights? I have a philips 100/90 kit lying with me but I haven't installed it yet due to warranty issues.
Old 8th November 2015, 12:12   #9543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Anyone has upgraded their stock headlights? I have a philips 100/90 kit lying with me but I haven't installed it yet due to warranty issues.
EcoBeast uses 100W bulbs with a relay, although in he's case he's using it for driving the projectors. See the below post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
The projectors accept H7 bulbs and high beam reflectors accepts H1 bulbs. Installed a relay to support 100 watt bulbs for more light output
I also know many of us (wilful, peterjim13, Vid6639, me) are running either Osram NightBreakers or Philips XtremeVision bulbs - these are a direct plug-and-play since they are of the same 60/55W spec as the OEM bulbs.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 16:04   #9544
BHPian

I have posted my initial ownership thread here.

Thanks everyone for their help!
akj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 20:48   #9545
BHPian

Got my 60K service done.
@Rs 6500
Still on my OE MRF
Noisy, but doing their work
Plan to change at least the front two before a long drive next week (temporarily,since the guy at my alignment centre told it'll do another 5-8K more )
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:18   #9546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Plan to change at least the front two before a long drive next week (temporarily,since the guy at my alignment centre told it'll do another 5-8K more )
If you change only two tires, put the new ones in the rear.

Yes, this sounds counterintuitive since it is an FWD car, the front does the steering, and weight transfers to the front under braking.

However, since newer tires grip better, if you put them in the front, then when you're braking you run the risk of losing traction at the rear, resulting in oversteer (best case) or even a spin (worst case). Similarly, in the wet. So, stay safe and put the new tires on the rear.

Watch this video which beautifully demonstrates this:

And read more here: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...-car/index.htm

EDIT:
Quote:
I've bought 4 already. Since I felt that the old ones will run a lil more, I was reluctant to change
Since you've already bought 4 tires, go ahead and change them all. Better to benefit from the 4 new ones, rather than letting two/all of the new ones age at home - that benefits no one. Also, remember that new tires need ~500 km of running in (to scrub off lubricant used in manufacturing) - so I'd recommend you change them now such that you get a few hundred kilometers done within city limits; rather than changing them just before your long drive.

Last edited by arunphilip : 8th November 2015 at 21:36. Reason: Added response to new post from jojoinassi
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:23   #9547
BHPian

[quote=arunphilip;3844098]If you change only two tires, put the new ones in the rear.

Yes, this sounds counterintuitive since it is an FWD car, the front does the steering, and weight transfers to the front under braking.

However, since newer tires grip better, if you put them in the front, then when you're braking you run the risk of losing traction at the rear, resulting in oversteer (best case) or even a spin (worst case). Similarly, in the wet. So, stay safe and put the new tires on the rear.

I've bought 4 already
Goodyears
5600 a piece
Since I felt that the old ones will run a lil more, I was reluctant to change
Old 10th November 2015, 18:06   #9548
BHPian

Hi,
Bought an ecosport 1.5 petrol- titanium 3 weeks back, driven around 700 km, currently the mileage is around 10kmpl, is this normal. Will it improve?
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:18   #9549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
Hi,
Bought an ecosport 1.5 petrol- titanium 3 weeks back, driven around 700 km, currently the mileage is around 10kmpl, is this normal. Will it improve?
If you are running the car only in city with heavy traffic, I don't think you can get more. Post your first oil change,things might improve slightly but don't expect beyond 12kmpl if its only city driving.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 15:19   #9550
BHPian

Got my 3rd service done for my Ecosport TDCi on completion of 2 years last weekend. Was charged Rs. 4520/- which I think is pretty reasonable for a car which costs north of 10 lacs. In fact they have the prices plastered on the wall in Metro Ford for every year and how much it should cost you.

Had recently got extended warranty for another two years (Rs. 16553) in Aug end and was given a free body wash, wheel alignment and wheel balancing. Utilized it during the servicing and ended up saving 1500 bucks.

Also got comprehensive bumper to bumper insurance done from HDFC for Rs. 13550/- including emergency assistance cover.

Overall I could not have been happier with my choice and even today after so many new launches, I still feel I got one of the best deals.
Old 12th November 2015, 21:57   #9551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've bought 4 already
Since I felt that the old ones will run a lil more, I was reluctant to change
Don't wait for that lil more to wear off. That would be at the cost of safety.
Change the tyres asap, honestly.
Carryout a coin test before the replacement, if sceptical.
Coin Test Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-checking.html

Last edited by rajeev k : 12th November 2015 at 22:02.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 17:46   #9552
BHPian

Dear Mods,

Not sure if this is the right place for this post!

Ford India recalls 16,444 units of compact SUV EcoSport

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...444-units.html
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 17:57   #9553
BHPian

Ford India is recalling around 16,444 Ford EcoSport's produced between November 2013 and April 2014 over an issue with the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) bolt on Friday.

"In some of the affected vehicles, there is a possibility that the Rear Twist Beam (RTB) bolt may not be tightened to specification, which may cause the pivot bolt to break," Ford India said in a statement.
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 19:09   #9554
Distinguished - BHPian

It's never too often to put this here: visit https://www.india.ford.com/owner and key in the VIN number (found on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side, near the wiper blade). It will show whether that EcoSport is in scope of the recall.

It might be worth checking this link over a few days (at least until someone says their EcoSport has been shown to have the recall), to ensure that the underlying database is updated with data.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 13:03   #9555

Here's the mail received:

Field Service Action 15S15

Your Vehicle Identification Number: MAJAXXMRKAEL17267

We at Ford constantly monitor the production processes and vehicles in service to ensure that our customers continue to experience trouble-free driving pleasure. As part of this routine check, we discovered a potential concern in certain Ford EcoSport vehicles related to the Rear Twist Beam Pivot Bolt.

We apologize for this situation and want to assure you that, with your assistance, we will correct this condition. Our commitment, together with your Dealer, is to provide you with the highest level of service and support

What is the issue? In certain EcoSport vehicles, there is a possibility that the Rear Twist Beam Pivot Bolt may not be tightened to specification, which may cause the pivot bolt to break. If this occurs, the vehicle handling and safety operation can be potentially compromised increasing the risk of an accident.

What will Ford and your Dealer do? If necessary, Ford India, through its dealer network, will replace the Rear Twist Beam Pivot Bolts on your vehicle and tighten them to the correct specification. This service will be performed free of charge (parts and labor).

How long will it take? The time required to replace the bolts is less than half a day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your Dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time.

What should you do? We request you to bring your vehicle to your nearest Ford dealership for the above purpose. Please call your Ford dealer and provide the dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle to schedule an appointment. The VIN is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter. You can visit the Ford website www.india.ford.com to locate your nearest authorized Ford dealer and their contact details.

What if you no Longer
own this vehicle?
You have received this notice because our records indicate that you are the current owner of the vehicle described at the start of this letter. If you are no longer the owner of this vehicle, please let us know by contacting our customer care on the number mentioned below or by writing to us at custmail@ford.com

Can we assist you
further? If you still have concerns, please contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1800 419 2500 / 1800 425 2500 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. Representatives are available 24x7 to attend your queries

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours faithfully,
For Ford India Private Limited

N Prabhu
Vice President
Ford India Customer Service Division

Like the previous recall regarding the corrosion of the fuel and vapor line, Ford has clearly mentioned the problem and its solution. Two thumbs up to Ford for that. Will take my car to the dealer sometime next week.
DetonatoR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed